The Girl Unnoticed

By calpuccino

Leighton Parker never asked to be unnoticed or never wanted to be. It's just in her nature to be the girl eve... More

The Girl Unnoticed
1. Unnoticed
2. Crushed
3. Weak
4. Problems
5. Just Great
6. Awkward
7. Truth Revealed
8. Way To Be More Awkward
9. An Adventure With Jackson
10. Talking With Jackson
11. A Party?
13. The Party
14. Confusion
15. After The Party
16. Blurred
17. Instincts
18. My Life Is A Huge Clump Of Mess
19. A Long-lost Feeling
20. Dress
21. Twisting Fate
22. Tension
23. Stares
24. Green With Envy
25. It's Not A Date
26. You're So Lame
27. Done Checking Me Out?
a/n
28. Sober Under Stars
29. New Feelings
30. It's A Freaking Mansion
31. Tell Me
32. Ooh, Feisty Girl
33. You're On Fire
34. Messed Up
35. Guilt
36. Are You Drunk?!
37. Something I Want To Tell You
38. Brain or Heart?
a/n: new book !
39. I'll Be Your Prince
april fools
40. It's A Challenge
41. Operation: Get My Girl
a/n: important!
42. May I?

12. My Best Friend Is A Fairy Godmother

18.7K 683 79
By calpuccino

Chapter Twelve : My Best Friend Is A Fairy Godmother

If best friends could be magical fairy godmothers then I'm sure Tiffany could be one. All the magical godmother skills began when Tiff came to my house today as she promised.

I've never been so excited before. This is the first time I'm going to a party for so long. To be more exact, it's a Clarissa Madens party. You don't just get invites from her anyhow and anytime. It still keeps me wondering how Tiff could even manage to get on her 'decent people' list. It's like getting an Oscar when you are good at singing not acting.

About four thirty, Tiff arrived at my house and when I opened the door for her, it was the same old cheerful smile she's helding all the time.

" Leiiiiighton!" She embraced me. I should set a mental note that my best friends gives unexpected hugs so I could be more prepared next time.

I stood awkwardly, both of my arms at my sides and said when she pulled away finally, "Well, let's go upstairs."

I smiled at her and she replied, " Hell yeah, let's get started on your makeover by your fairy godmother."

I chuckled at her words and we went upstairs to my room. My room wasn't much of a big room but it was enough space for a normal teenager like me to sleep, dance randomly, eat, sing awfully and hibernate during weekends and holidays. Don't tell me you don't do those in your room alone. If you don't, I fear that you might be one weird ass unicorn.

My room is painted pale peach and my closet is quite small as I do not own many clothes. I'm not into fashion that much, really. Not like my sister at least. I sat on the edge of my bed as I watched Tiff examined my room like she was a interior designer. She was literally observing my room like she was my mother checking for anything messy.

" Are you done eye-raping my room?" I said, teasing her.

She turned to look at me and said, "You have such a nice room, Lei. You should invite me more often, you know?"

" Well, I'm not much of an inviting-my-friends-over-and-let's-party-kind-of-person," I said, " In fact, you're the first. You should be proud." It's true that I don't invite people over to my house often and Tiff is really the first friend I invited to see my room.

She smiled at me brightly, " That, I'm proud," she started looking into my closets, probably to see if my fashion senses are great or not (which I'm afraid not), " Well, should we get started?"

" Yup," I replied, popping the 'p'. I'm not gonna lie but I'm excited.

" So, where's the clothes that you're planning to wear to the party?" she asked.

I gestured my hands to a set of clothes I prepared aside in my closet. It's a decent band tee that I love personally with a pair of blue skinny jeans. I haven't decided the footwear yet but I'll leave that later on.

I gave her a small smile but she just gave me a big frown. It's not usual to see Tiff with a frown and not a smile so I was taken aback by her reaction. She shook her head slightly, like a mother disapproving a child's request to go outside to play.

I lifted my eyebrows, waiting for her answer and she just sighed at me. She looked at me and crossed her arms and said, " Leighton, who goes to a party with a band tee and skinny jeans?"

"Uhh.. me?"

She looked at me like I just made the worst joke ever in history. " You're kidding me right?" She laughed lightly.
I just stayed confused, looking at her while she laughed lightly.

After a while, she realized that I was actually serious about it, she just gave me a disbelieving look and said calmly while she placed her hand on my arm, " Lei, you don't go to a party with clothes like that. You have to learn to dress yourself up. "

Her stare was serious and calming at the same time. I gulped nervously and said, " Then, what do I wear?"

" You have to wear a dress." What? I don't remember having an actual dress in my closet for like, five years. I only remembered my first dress when I was younger and I was the bridesmaid for my aunt's wedding. I doubt I still can fit into that.

"What?" She gave me a questioning look about my reply," But, uh.. I don't have a dress."

The disbelief came back to her face and she quickly shook her head slightly. She just rolled her eyes then spoke, " Sometimes, I doubt if my best friend is a guy."

" Well, sorry."

"Seriously? Not a single dress?"

" Yup," I said popping the 'p' again. I need to stop doing that childish thing.

She got up from my bed and reached for her bag that she brought with her and pulled out some fabric. " You, my dear, are lucky to have me as your best friend." She said it proudly and I realized she just took out a dress from her bag.

Three words: It. Is. Gorgeous.

The dress was quite short and it has two straps criss-crossed across the chest with its upper top in black and the bottom in green with designs. I can't deny but it was really beautiful.

She gave me a toothy grin and said excitedly, " It's pretty, isn't it? I just bought it yesterday!" She sounded more excited than I am.

" It's really.. gorgeous. Oh my God, is it really for me?" I asked, already smiling.

" Yes, you dumb. Of course it's for you. I have one for myself already." She replied, making me more happy in the inside. Wait. But I never wear a dress in ages. Oh no. This is a bad idea actually. And it's so short! My parents will be highly disapproving about this.

Tiff realized my sudden frown and she asked, " What's wrong? You don't like it?"

" No, no. I love it. It's just that, are you sure I can wear it? I don't think my parents would be particularly happy about it."

She placed both of her hands on my shoulders, facing me with clear consent in her green eyes. " Don't worry too much. You're supposed to have fun, remember? It's a party after all."

I managed to return a small smile to her and said softly, "Thank you so much."

I tend to overthink little matters a lot but I'm glad I finally found a friend I could depend on to support me in what I do. She raised her voice a little, trying to clear away the gloomy tension and said while clapping her hands together once, " Let's get you dressed now, shall we?"

" Hell yeah. " It's good to have a little more confidence back again.

Quickly, I went to the bathroom and changed into the gorgeous dress that Tiff handed me. I stared at my reflection for a while in the mirror, taking in the beauty of the dress. It was not too flashy or eye-catching, it was a simple but really elegant and pretty dress.

I stepped out of the bathroom and back to my own room while my best friend was at my dressing table, getting ready some makeup she brought on the table.

" I'm not putting on those," I said, just to confirm with her. If I haven't mentioned that I really don't do makeup, I'll remind you again that I do not use them.

" Why? " Her smile arched down a little. I met her eyes and gave her a worried look, " I promise I won't use too much."

After all she've done for me, I decided I shouldn't let her down and anyway, she did promised to give me a makeover after all. It's a deal. I sighed quietly and said, "Okay, okay, fine. Just a little, alright?"

She gave me a grin and pinched my nose lightly, something she does to tease me and tell me to sit down on the chair while she did my makeup. After about ten minutes, she was done. I opened my eyes and guess what?

The girl I saw in the mirror was totally unlike me. Holy cheeseballs. This is incredible. I was wearing a little blush on both my cheeks, simple eyeliner and lip gloss to make my face looks less dull as usual. It was just a little bit of makeup but damn, I couldn't even recognize myself. Tiffany's voice brought me back to reality.

" Soo..do you like it?" She sounded quite nervous and proud of her skills at the same time.

" This. Is. Amazing."

She laughed at my comment and slap my arm gently, " Oh, stop it you. Hahaha," she joked.

"Seriously. It just doesn't look like me. I don't know how to thank you, really."

" It is a deal remember? To make you the hottest chick in that party. With my skills, I bet you'll be the one," she said, wiggling her eyebrows playfully at me.

Heat rised up cheeks as she said that and she started laughing at my reaction. Then, we both started laughing weirdly. Maybe this is why we are best friends.

After calming down, she started changing herself into her dress that she brought for herself and she looked stunning and cheerfully beautiful as usual. Her dress was white and lacy and it brings out her perfect blonde hair which falls freely behind her back.

" You looked nice, Tiff. I like your outfit," I complimented her.

She blushed a little and muttered 'thanks' and she immediately told it was time to do our hair. Lastly, she curled my brown hair at its ends making it look so beautifully wavy in a style.

She straightened her hair, making her look more younger and cheery. About nearly six, we gotten ready for everything. My parents weren't at home but they have already knew about the party as I told them earlier on. Tiff's mother was coming to my house to pick both of us up and sending us to Clarissa Madens's house.

I stood near the door, clamping my hands together tightly, feeling super nervous about the party. This is a Clarissa Madens party, I reminded myself. I was well-dressed and I look decent conpared to other days but somehow I still felt the insecurity in me.

Tiff told me to calm down and to breathe in and out slowly so I could chill out better. Suddenly, a faint car horn can be heard just outside and we know it's time to go. Tiff gave me a reassuring smile as she stepped out of the house into her mother's car.

It is going to be alright. I'm going to have fun. I comforted myself a little.

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the house with my slightly high heels which are black with sparkly glitters on it, making it look dazzling just as I am right now.

--
A/N
Hellooo loves! <3 Slow update, I know! Sorry, sorry and sorry! But I hope this very long chap would make your day :)

Anyway, I want to thank EVERYONE OF YOU for helping me reach my 1k reads goal! Ily guys so much, I could even cry. You have no idea it makes me so happy to see people reading, commenting or voting on my book. I wish to hug all of you if I could :')

Currently 1.03k reads and I can't ask for better readers than you guys already are. Next chap will be hella interesting I promise! Plus, Tiff's pic of her outfit will be in next chap! I'll update soon bc ily guys x

Please..
VOTE/
COMMENT/
SHARE.

P.S. The pic in this chap is Leighton's outfit to the party. ( All credits goes to the owner of the image.)

Lots of hugs and cuddles,
Daphne x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

875 6 30
Leighton is a shy and quite high school student. Thomas is the exact opposite he's a bad boy. They become unlikely friends one day. There's this one...
4.4K 195 44
Emilia Thomas moved to London to start a new life with her family, and to get away from her troubled past. There she starts her school hoping that he...
2.6M 106K 52
"You look good wearing my last name." My jaw slacks open and the bell rings then, him smiling a lopsided grin before grabbing his bag and strutting o...
1M 23K 50
•1• His tongue slips in and I get caught off guard. Woah buddy! I push back slightly and he let's go and looks into my eyes. "what?" he asks confu...