WHO? | The Alpha (Book One)

By MalyTenTen

[Complete] [Editing] Georgina, an inquisitive incoming college student, must seek answers to understand why... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
THANK YOU!
Author's Note
Hi!

XIV

4.4K 209 20
By MalyTenTen

George

After that incident in Jared's house, I saw myself waking up in my bedroom.

'13:03'

Jared, I need answers.

How did I end up sleeping in my room?

"Finally!" Aunt Liz yells.

"Oh my—why do you have to do that? Do you really have to pop out of nowhere and startle me?"

She stares at me.

"What?" I slowly asked.

She says nothing and sits beside me. Her hands touch my cheeks.

"W-what-"

"Did you cry?" she asks and wipes my tears with her thumb. "What happened? Did someone vomit again?"

"No. Why would I cry?"

"You just did."

"No. I didn't." I said, shaking my head aggressively.

"Yep."

"Nope."

"Alright," she stands up and throws my bathrobe at my face. "Doll up. I'm too lazy to cook."

"I won't cook, either."

"Get up! Get up!"

"Where do you want to eat?" She asks as soon as she gets into the driver's seat.

"Anywhere?"

"What? Then, where on earth is that?" she asks with a hint of sarcasm.

"Let's just eat somewhere we haven't tried yet."

Aunt Liz slows down a little. I see Jared walking down the street.

"Open the window," she nudges my elbow.

What?

"I don't want to," I whisper to her.

"Quick," she whispers.

Sigh.

Red stops walking when he sees Aunt Liz's car. His gaze meets mine. I didn't know where I got the courage to stare back at him.

"Oh. Hello, Jared!" Aunt Liz greets him.

"Hi," his eyes are still on mine.

"Where are you going?" Aunt Liz asks cheerfully.

"There's a newly opened restaurant nearby," he replies.

"Really? Then, hop in."

Hop in

What?

That made me look at her with wide eyes.

"No," he waves his hands. "I'm good. I'll just—"

"Come on."

"It's not that far. I can—"

"He said he's fine, Aunt Liz," I say.

"So... Where's this new place?" She asks Red.

Yep, Red.

He ended up sitting here inside the same car with me.

"I asked George where to eat. She answered anywhere," she says and mimics my low grumpy voice.

I smile and nudge her arm, "I don't sound like that."

My smile fades after seeing him looking at me in the reflection in the mirror.

"Oooh. This tastes so good," Aunt Liz says enthusiastically.

洞窟

Jared brought us to a Japanese restaurant. Unfortunately, I couldn't read Japanese characters. But it is something like Dokutsu or Dokachu? There were few customers in the restaurant. Some females were looking at our table, and I'm pretty sure it was because of this guy sitting in front of me. There's this aura in him that he can gain attention just by standing.

"Why is Dōkutsu the name of the restaurant?"

I look at the fellow customer who asked about the name. I got curious about the meaning of it.

"Oh, the concept of the restaurant is 'Cave' which is the meaning of the name of the restaurant. We wanted this place to be a hideout where... food lovers meet," the man with ash-gray hair replied with a small smile.

"Why Cave though?"

"Well, the restaurant's operating time is longer at night compared to day which is the time when we meet, the time we considered happy hour."

"Oh."

"Call it like a nocturnal restaurant if you will," the waiter finishes his explanation.

Aunt Liz stood up, "I'm going to the restroom."

I nod.

Silence.

Don't do anything stupid. Stay there. I remember him said.

My right hand holding a fork starts shaking after realizing that I was left alone with this creature. Only to find him casually and skillfully eating his ramen with wooden chopsticks.

I breathe in.

"Did you—"

"Huh?" I nervously ask and look at him.

He sighs.

"How's the food?" he asks with a concerned look in his eyes. "Did you like it?

"I-it-it's good," I stutter and quickly look down.

My heart beats faster than when we were both in the car. I can feel the dryness of my throat.

"How are you?" I hear him ask.

I am looking at my food the whole time. I put my hands on my thighs.

"How can you do that?" I ball my trembling hands. I dare not to look at him. "You act as if you've done nothing to terrify me last night."

"You saved me, sure," I say. "But you tear a whole limb of a person."

"He is," he sighs. "He is not a person."

"Don't be afraid of me," he adds.

"He's not a person?" I frown. "What is he?" I look at him sharply and ask, "What are you then?"

He stares for seconds. His mouth parts.

"Sorry, it took me so long."

Both of us stare at Aunt Liz.

"Why?" she asks slowly.

I look away while Jared continued eating.

After eating at Dōkutsu, we went back home.

It was a long awkward silent ride.

Don't be afraid of me. His words kept on playing in my head like a broken record.

Weeks passed by. Tomorrow will be the first day of school. I should be enjoying my last day. But, No. I am bothered every day. I'm bothered that something bad might happen once I get out. And here I am, thinking that the safest thing to do is lay down on the couch with music on shuffle.

I remember how I tried my best to not see his face even though I know it was impossible and how the universe is trying to mess with my plan. After all, he's just next door.

I was on my way home after a long walk. Hurriedly, I entered my house and grabbed a glass of water. I could hear the pounding sound of my pulse through my ears. My legs were exhausted. I glanced outside the window and sat on the counter. My sight was greeted by my neighbor's broad shoulders from his kitchen window. I drank another glass of water and watched him. He was busy cooking something. He turned his back and faced my direction. Our eyes met. I quickly looked away.

Sigh.

I haven't talked to him for days.

Subconsciously, I glanced at his kitchen window. My eyes widen in shock after seeing him staring at me.

Bundle of emotions, I didn't know what to feel anymore.

His ocean blue eyes.

His thick eyebrows.

I got off the counter. I went upstairs and rested my tired back on my bed. Firmly, I closed my eyes.

Sigh.

"You stared at an alien, Georgina. Why did you do that?" I talked to no one but myself.

I stared at the plain white ceiling. I sat up and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"But admit it, that's one gorgeous alien," I told to my reflection.

My eyes widen.

"What did I just say? Gorgeous?! Hell no!" I slapped myself with my pillow.

I lay down again. Unfortunately, my head hit the headboard of my bed.

"Owww. See! Your mind is elsewhere!" I yelled at myself.

I covered my face with the pillow and screamed.

"Fine, he is. He's gorgeous," I muffled.

I stared at the ceiling once again. "He's human. Right? Maybe he's just strong enough to tear someone's—What if no?"

"Human?" I laugh bitterly, remembering what I've said to myself that day.

"George?" Aunt Liz looks down at me.

"Hmm?"

"Let's eat," she says.

"I'll cook," she smiles at me.

I stand up and smile at her. We walk to the kitchen.

"Tomorrow is Monday," I hear her say.

"Yeah, I'm excited."

"Really? That," she points to my face, "Is excited?" she asks and raises an eyebrow.

It's true. I'm excited. It's just that Red keeps on dragging my excitement down.

I clean the vegetables while she cuts the meat. "What are you cooking?" I ask.

"I forgot the name. I just watched it on YouTube," she smiles.

She's always like that, experimenting with something.

"What do you want me to do with the carrot?" I ask.

"Julienne."

I nod.

"By the way, is everything all right?" she asks.

"Yeah."

"No."

I stop.

"What are you saying?" I fake a laugh.

"Is Jared alright?" she looks at me.

"How would I know?" I smile. "Ask him."

"Did you two fight?"

"The last time we're with him. Everything was so awkward—"

"Ouch," I hiss after I accidentally cut my finger.

"What happened?" Aunt Liz rushes towards me.

"I accidentally cut my—"

"No. What happened?" Aunt Liz asks while putting a bandage on my wounded finger.

"Huh?"

"I know you have a problem," she says, then gets back to cooking.

I look at her.

"I may not show it, but I do care for you," her back is now facing me. "Always."

I know that. And I'm thankful that you're my Aunt.

"You're the only one that I have, George," I hear her sigh heavily. My tears start to fall. I get off the counter and walk towards her.

"Seeing you in pain makes me also be in pain," she says.

I rest my chin on her shoulders.

"Thanks, Aunt Liz."

* * *

:<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.8K 19
Thank you for taking the time to check out my book I update regularly and love feedback on what I can do better or less off This is a lesbian story...
18.4K 1.5K 69
A college girl in her last year was preparing her way to adulthood. She tried to plan, but she always ended up planed nothing. She had no plan but...
8.1K 578 23
Georgina continues to seek answers as she steps into the hidden world of the furry beasts... ___________________________ Book two of Who? | Series Th...
28.2K 2.6K 51
WRITTEN BY SOFIA VITORATOS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 💡Fictionalized under true facts 💡 🛑*MATURE CONTENT*🛑 [PUBLISHING] 🏆1st Place in Chicklit by The...