𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕-𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕕 (JJ)

By multiixcrack

"Don't you dare fucking talk to me like that." I snapped at the seething boy in front of me. "Like what, prin... More

𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕥
①⓪
❶❶
❶❷
❶❸
❶❹
❶❺
❶❻
❶❼
❶❽
❶❾
②⓪
❷❶
❷❷
❷❸
❷❹
❷❺
❷❻
❷❼
❷❽
❷❾
③⓪
❸❶
❸❸
❸❹
❸❺
❸❻
❸❼
❸❽
❸❾
𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕞
④⓪
❹❶
❹❷
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖!
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥
𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕥 ★ 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠

❸❷

4.2K 91 18
By multiixcrack

★★★

★★★

When I woke up the next morning, I noticed it was too early for any of the others to be up with me. We had slept in the Wreck that night, dodging cops as best we could while sleeping on whatever was available in the restaurant. 

I stood up and walked over to where the screened-in wall stopped me. Everyone looked peaceful when I turned around. I was always the first on up, so I noticed small moments like these. 

Kie always looked slightly angry in her sleep, though, but she couldn't help that I guess. 

Pope had been in a weird mood since yesterday after trying to go get Sarah, but while overtaken by sleep, looked perfectly fine. 

JJ was a nice sleeper too, he looked at ease despite everything happening constantly around him. 

I, personally, had been getting no sleep lately, so I did something very out of character and went back to bed. Well, bed is a strong word. I went over to my row of chairs and tried to get any amount of sleep extra. 

As I laid there, I felt myself drifting off, but about ten minutes later, I heard someone else stand up and wake themselves up a little with a light slap to the face. 

I recognized them as JJ when I opened an eye and peeked. 

I didn't get up though, and he didn't notice I was awake. After a little while, Pope was up too. He gave a certain pointed look at a sleeping Kie, and I was nothing less than confused about that one. 

JJ was leaning against the door and flicking his lighter over and over again, a nervous tick he often demonstrated. 

"He's pinched for sure, man," He said upon hearing sirens in the distance, and Pope sighed. 

"No, they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him," Pope said, and I stood up at that point. There was no chance anyone would believe that I was sleeping through this whole conversation. 

"Let's hope," JJ said, and I noticed Kie getting up too. 

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too," Kie said, and I sat up again at that point, my stomach in knots from the anxiety of the topic being discussed. 

"I believe that," I said, everyone turning their heads to me as they realized I was awake. 

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B.," Pope declared, and I sighed. "How do we outwit the cops?" Kie asked, and I shrugged. 

"We've done it before, what's so different about this time?" I asked, and Kie scoffed, "Oh, I don't know, maybe because they have the intent to kill this time. We're not just being scolded for being on private property or trespassing after dark, we're talking about an actual murder allegation."

"Way to put a damper on the whole thing," I said, obviously not serious. 

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked, but Pope walked by him without a word. "Pope?" JJ tried again, but he seemed to be on a mission.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," He said simply.

"Hey, you be careful," Kie said softly, and I looked over at her quickly. Why the hell were they both acting so strange? It was so bizzare, but I think I figured out partially what was going on. 

"...Okay?" She said, urging a response out of him. 

"Just... do you want to come with me?" He asked her, almost begrudgingly. She nodded, getting up, "Just to be safe," She stated, and I nodded. 

"Meet us at the dock at three. Don't be late," Pope said to us, and JJ and I nodded. We'd be left to get the Phantom, which in itself would be a little bit problematic. 

Pope stormed out, and even though Kie was meant to follow him, he seemed to be walking faster than she was intentionally. We followed the pair outside and I stood on the front steps, observing the scene in hopes of clearing up my suspicions. 

"Okay, what is your problem?" Kie demanded, going after Pope. 

"No problem, officer, just doing my job," He replied blankly, a sort of dry humor forming behind his words. 

Pope got on the dirtbike and put the key in the ignition, giving Kie time to follow him up to it. "Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings!" She said, hurt evident in her voice. 

Pope was one of her best friends, whatever was happening between them must've felt awful for the both of them. 

"What was that?" Pope snapped, revving the engine of the bike to purposely drown her out. 

"Look, I didn't mean to-"

Pope revved the engine again, though, cutting her off and making her voice completely imperceptible. 

"Sorry, I can't hear you, what was that?" He asked again, trying to piss her off at this point. 

"Pope, I'm being serious-" 

The engine revved again. 

"I'm trying to talk to you-"

Revved again. 

"Just get on, I don't have all day," He snapped, allowing a brief wind for Kie to get on and secure herself before he took off, dirt flying up behind them in cloud form.

"Jesus, what happened with them?" I wondered out loud, and JJ shook his head. 

"Lover's quarrel," He said with a shrug, not so much questioning it but suggesting it.  

"That was my first guess," I said, agreeing with him. 

Suddenly, we heard a loud noise. Not just any noise, though, helicopter noise. We looked up and saw a helicopter flying overhead, and JJ spoke up. "Who the hell is that?" He wondered, and I shook my head. 

"That cannot be fucking good," I said with a groan. 

We went inside to grab food and other supplies while I constantly tried to shake off the bad feeling I had about the helicopter. 

"Are we sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asked as we packed up the food from inside the restaurant. 

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," I said back, believing fully that feelings had gotten in the way of Kie and Pope's friendship.

"Is that gonna be enough food for them?" I asked, referring to how much food we had packed so far for Sarah and John B. 

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." He trailed off and I nodded. 

We stood there for a minute before I broke the silence with a wavering voice. "I'm really fucking scared," I whispered, and JJ noticed my fear. He knew why too. 

"Hey, no, look, it's gonna be okay. I won't let anything happen to you, okay? Trust me," He said, and I nodded into his chest as he hugged me tightly. 

"What if they arrest us... or... or tell our parents and guardians? What if I have to go back with Helen? I really can't... I can't go back with her, oh my god," I said, starting to really panic. 

"I can't... I can't do it," I said, again and again, my heartbeat quickening, but JJ rubbed my back gently and with his left hand, used the pad of his thumb to stroke my cheek softly. 

"I won't let anything happen to you," He repeated. I noticed he never said 'I promise', but it wasn't like any of this was a guarantee anyway. I just hoped we made it out of this with luck on our side. 

"Okay," I said, calming down a little, and he cupped my face in his hands, planting a forceful kiss on my lips. It was urgent, it was rushed, it fit the situation perfectly. 

"Let's go," He said, and I followed him out to Kie's car. When we got out there, Kie's mom was standing nearby, and my breath hitched nervously. 

"Where the hell is my daughter?" She asked, clearly very frazzled and worried. She was in a motherly panic, and she was very close to becoming unhinged. 

"Uh, she's fine, she's fine. We all slept here, she's with Pope right now," I said, but nothing on Kie's mother's facial features changed. 

"What are you two up to?" She asked accusingly, but I didn't know what to say. 

"Kie needs us to go meet her somewhere, this is really important, I'm sorry," I said, going past her and getting in the car. 

"No, these cops are armed, you guys could get yourselves shot!" Mrs. Carrera exclaimed, and I had no idea what else to say, so I shut the door. 

"I'm so sorry!" I said, feeling like I was a bit too harsh with it, but we really had bigger things to worry about. I took off as she kept yelling, but I wasn't in a position to stop. 

I drove fast, but cautiously. This was incredibly risky, driving this car and all, it was documented as a wanted vehicle after all. I kept a lookout for cops and such, but when we reached JJ's house, we had made it without any problems. 

Thankfully. 

"Home sweet home," JJ said sarcastically as we pulled up. His sarcasm had no humor behind it though, it was very pained actually. I looked at him and noticed his eyes were watery and red, and my heart ached. 

"Do you want me to come? 'Cause I'll come," I offered, fully wanting to go with him inside. I couldn't bear to let him face this alone, but I wanted to know if he could handle this. 

I'm sure, physically, he could, but I wasn't so sure if he could take the mental and emotional abuse his father put him through constantly. 

"No, no, you're not coming in," He said firmly. 

"JJ, I can-"

"If that dickhead lays one finger on you, I'll never fucking forgive myself. Stay right here, please," He said, ending his order with a more pleading tone. 

"Okay," I barely whispered, not wanting to crack. 

"This'll only take a second," He said, getting his backpack on and getting out of the car. 

As he walked, he turned to look at me, giving me a small smile and brief nod, which I returned. Now was the worst part for me.

The waiting game. 

★★★

So... this story is coming to its inevitable end. Before that, though, I want to thank everyone so much once again for the support. I feel like a spew that at you guys every chapter but it's so genuine. I love you guys more than anything for making this book what it is. Everyone's comments inspired me so so much and I'm so glad everyone liked the book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 10.6K 59
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
782K 29K 97
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ © 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙷𝚇𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂...
161K 4.8K 57
Jungkook looked very angry at something, which Tae failed to recognise. Jk: Do you think you look beautiful today? His words were like swords, pierc...
79.3K 2.3K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...