★★★

★★★

The next morning brought unexpected news. Hurricane Agatha would be touching down later and everyone was in a frenzied panic. I went to The Wreck to find Kie, figuring she was working the morning shift.

I went to talk to her, but when I arrived, people were already laying out sandbags. The restaurant was closed in advance, so finding Kie was a bust, but I saw John B. nearby on the dock. I walked towards him, I had left early this morning to go for a swim and he was asleep when I left so I didn't see him before. "Hey, can you believe it?" I asked, referring to the hurricane craziness.

"I- I can't," He said with a breath of relief. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number while I curiously looked up at his actions. "DCS, how can I help you?" I heard come from the phone, "Yeah, uh... I think we're probably gonna have to reschedule." I smiled at him, realizing what this meant. When he hung up, he looked at me, a smile gracing his face.

"Lucky break!" He said and we simultaneously pulled each other in for a quick hug. "Dude, how perfect is this timing?" I asked, and John B. laughed, clapping his hands a few times and then holding them up to the sky. "Praise Mother Nature, you sexy lady!" He exclaimed.

"Praise be!" I joined in, putting my hands together in a pray-like manner. We walked back to the Chateau and decided to board some windows up. We hoped that would do enough for the Chateau to sustain the storm, but we weren't sure.

It got cloudy fast. I couldn't keep up with how fast the clouds were rolling in, and soon, it began to pour. I sat down on the couch, a book on my lap as I listened to the rain pelt down. John B. and Pope burst into the house soon, soaking wet, and both in board shorts.

"Uh, hello? Did you miss the part where the hurricane was raging outside? Why do you guys look like the embodiment of every Beach Boys song ever?" I asked.

"Clever, you're very witty, you know that?" Pope asked sarcastically, but I stood up. "If you idiots are surfing..." I started and they rolled their eyes, predicting what I was gonna say.

"... then I want in," I finished, putting my hands on my hips while I waited for a response. They cheered and they ran outside for their boards. I wondered where JJ was, but I was too stoked to surf to look for him. I took my shirt and shorts off, leaving them on the ground, and ran out after the boys.

I got my board and we all got into John B.'s van, heading to where we wanted to surf. There was a BEACH CLOSED sign that we all ignored placed in the sand. "It's a double overhead out there, dudes," Pope said as our faces got covered in rainwater, the storm whipping about above us. "Double overhead?" John B. asked for clarification.

"A wave twice as tall as the surfer," I said breathlessly as I watched the mondo-waves crash on the shore. "Those aren't surf-able waves, bro," Pope said.