❶❼

★★★

★★★

John B. was taken to the hospital immediately after Topper had taken off. Sarah went with him and we were all stunned after what had happened. Another thing was John B. swore to Kie that nothing was going on between him and Sarah, but Sarah kissing him disproved that. I was a little surprised too, but it's not like I hadn't known about them.

The kiss simply made everything more real, more confirmed. We couldn't do anything other than go home for the night at that point, so I promised Kie I'd give her the dress back tomorrow. She nodded, not worrying about that. We dropped her off and Pope, JJ, and I headed back to the Chateau for the night. Pope slept in John B.'s room and I headed off into my own, followed by JJ.

"You wanted to talk?" He asked, sitting on my bed like he was about to get yelled at by a parent. "Relax, JJ," I said with a sigh, sitting down next to him. "I don't care that you were... well, kind of mean to me. It's fine, I'm a big girl, I can take it. What I do want to talk about is your face. What happened?" I asked.

"Oh, it's just my dad. You know he has that right jab," He said nonchalantly and I rolled my eyes. "Don't take this lightly JJ. I know you better than that. Tell me everything," I said, and with a sigh, he did. He explained how his dad beat the shit out of him in the truck once I left, and how when he went home, he held the gun to his head. I wished he never had to go through any of this. I was stunned. Of course, my newfound crybaby ass began to tear up, but he grabbed my hand.

He didn't make eye contact with me, we both looked at the ground, hand in hand. "I'm so sorry. I should've stayed, maybe if I asked for a ride home or something he couldn't have hit you," I said, not making much sense, and I heard him chuckle from the side of me. "It's okay. It wouldn't have been different. Thank you though," He said and I nodded. "I'm really sorry about before. I was in a shit mood, but that's not really an excuse," He said, and I shrugged, our hands disconnecting.

"It's okay," I breathily laughed, not sure how to clear up the awkward tension in the air.

"You look... uh..." He started, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "You look beautiful," He said quickly, and I smiled to myself. "Thank you," I said. "I'm serious, you're like, the hottest I've ever seen you right now," He said, and I laughed. "It's just a dress," I snorted lightly, and he finally turned to meet my eyes.

Without hesitation, he leaned over and kissed me. My hands went to his face, holding his jawline. One of his hands was on my waist while the other cupped my face. His hand fit so naturally on me it almost felt like we were two parts of the same puzzle. Super cliche, but it was how I felt. 

His hand went lower and the kiss became more feverish and intense. I got closer to him, closer and closer, until we were both hungry for more. At least, I thought I was. As the kiss continued, he took one hand and attempted to unzip the dress. My breathing became scattered and panicky as my mind thought about Marcus and Rafe.