TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of rape and violence, so if you are sensitive to that, please do not read!

★★★

★★★

 I stood up with a sour expression on my face. "Let me? I can decide for myself what I can and can't do," I said with a slight slur to my voice after my second beer. I had smoked a little week too, so I was fully crossed at this point. "You don't drink, why are you drinking all of a sudden?" He asked, pulling me away from the keg momentarily. "Let go of me, asshole," I said, jerking my arm out of his grasp and looking back at him. 

"You're one to talk, anyway, you drink all the time," I argued. "Yeah, but you don't, and you told me why you don't. You don't wanna go down this road, Stevie," He nearly begged me. I was surprised at his persistence against me drinking, so I did what I thought was the best idea for me. 

I crossed my arms and pouted. Like a child. 

"You can't tell me what to do," I said sternly. "What are you, six? Give me the beer," He said, reaching for the cup in my hand and taking it away from me. "What's wrong with you?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes at me. "You'll thank me for that tomorrow morning, I swear," He said. 

"No, I won't," I protested, my only goal being giving JJ a hard time at this point. "I'm- I give up," He said with a sigh, putting his hands up defensively and turning around. He walked away and I huffed. He took my beer. 

I turned around and asked John B. for another one, but he refused at this point. I was three beers down and feeling drunk. I was a lightweight so this was expected, but it was obvious that the weed I had smoked also had an effect on me. 

I walked through the party, seeing Kie talking back and forth with some guy and Pope doing the same. I looked around and saw JJ talking to a girl, no, flirting with a girl. At least I thought he was flirting. It sure looked like it. For some reason, a certain type of anger bubbled up inside of me. I sat down on a thick piece of driftwood for a bit, rolling another joint and sticking it in between my lips. 

"Need a light?" Someone asked, and I looked up, shockingly seeing Rafe standing there. I recoiled, not sure how to act upon seeing him. "I wanted to apologize for the other day. I can be a real asshole," He said, surprising me to no end. 

"Yeah, you can be," I blurted, but he simply laughed. I didn't know how I was supposed to respond to that, but he began talking before I had to think any harder. My brain was starting to hurt anyway. "I know. I don't know what gets into me, but I just wanted to tell you that I regret speaking to you that way, you didn't deserve it," He said. 

He pulled a lighter out of his pocket, sitting down next to me and offering it to me. I leaned forward, not taking the joint out of my mouth, and not taking my eyes off of his. I knew what I was doing, but I didn't care. I knew I had a lower cut top on, and I knew the hem of it would dip when I leaned forward. Was I really flirting with Rafe Cameron? When the joint was lit, I sat up straight again, my eyes not having left his.