❷❾

★★★

★★★

"Turn here," John B. said before we could go to Sarah's and I shook my head in confusion.

"John B., what are we doing at the police station?" JJ asked, and he quietly explained himself. "Somebody's gotta tell them what happened," He said.

Pope was still smoking, much to everyone's surprise, and when he started violently coughing, I rolled my eyes.

He was giving up, and we could all tell.

We all saw his "fuck it" attitude come on from a mile away.

"Easy there, chief. Damn," JJ said, looking at him from the back of the car.

"Alright, I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose," JJ said to a dead-calm looking John B.

"It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is," He continued, but I didn't take his statement seriously.

"Your old man's an abusive liar," I said, looking at my fingers as I nervously fidgeted with them.

"I agree with JJ. Fuck the police," A very high Pope stated.

"Pope, I get that, but right now you're not exactly a reliable source," I said.

"Yeah, what... are you goin' to the dark side now?" Kie questioned.

"When's the last time the police ever helped us?" Pope snapped at Kie, and finally, John B. spoke again, "Peterkin looked out for me, alright? Tried to, at least... They need to know."

We all nodded in solidarity at this point, knowing John B. wasn't going to stick around to be convinced to stay. I knew it was a bad idea considering the kind of person Ward Cameron was.

He was a snake-like businessman with only his own interests in mind. He didn't care about anyone else, he was a modern-day Veruca Salt.

Ward cared only about Ward and how he was going to get everything Ward wanted and more.

It was truly disgusting.

I'd love to see him living our life for a day, and even though he used to be a 'Pogue', he never had it like us.

John B. got out of the car and we all sat around with nothing to say.

"This is pretty stupid, right?" I asked, and everyone agreed. Even Kie.

"Ward is going to have 100% pinned this on him. He's their number one suspect right now, how much do y'all want to bet?" I asked rhetorically.

"I know. He's not exactly in the right headspace though, he just witnessed a murder," Kie said.