❹❷

★★★

★★★

On the first day of school, I woke up early, obviously. 

It was strange to wake up so early and not go straight to the beach for surfing, but I would have to get used to this. 

I didn't want to run into JJ, but we lived together, so that was kind of impossible. Yes, for the time being, we had broken up, but that didn't mean we weren't still friends. 

I said I didn't want to go to school attatched at the hip, but I still needed his help getting around and just... I wasn't used to him not being around me, so I realized we would have to talk. 

I went into the kitchen after changing out of my pajamas. I figured I would just wear what I usually wore, nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary. 

I put a little bit of makeup on and called it a day after washing my face and brushing my teeth. There was very little I usually did to my face, so I would continue that routine at school. 

JJ was already in the kitchen eating breakfast, as usual, and I looked at him knowingly. "Hi," I said, and he looked up at me quickly, his mouth full. 

"Hey," He mumbled while chewing his food, his eyes wide as he looked at me expectingly. 

"I don't want this to be weird, J, alright? We're still friends, we just don't kiss all the time and all that shit," I said with a weak chuckle. 

He wore a hint of a smile, so maybe there was something good about this situation. "Yeah, alright. Let's go though, or we're gonna be late. You hungry?" 

"No, not really, thanks," I answered, turning down his offer of breakfast. He nodded at me and grabbed his book bag as I grabbed my own, not knowing what else to bring with me. 

"Don't be nervous, you'll do great," JJ reassured me with a sad smile on his face. I sighed internally. He was not making this any easier, but I had to be strong. I had to do it for myself as much as for him. 

This was helping us, I needed to just clear my head and figure out how I felt about everything happening in my life right now. I had every right to be overwhelmed, didn't I? I needed some time just to think everything over. 

When we got to school, it was immediately unfamiliar to me. We met up with Pope and walked in together while I tried to ignore the odd looks I was getting from the students. 

Well, I guess I was also a student, but whatever, you know what I mean.

"Good morning, new kid," Pope said, and I chuckled. He reached over and ruffled my hair, which I punched him in the stomach for. "What the fuck," I complained, but clapped a handover my mouth to curb the swearing. 

"You can't swear at school, silly, teachers everywhere," Pope said, and I groaned. "This is gonna take some getting used to," I complained. "What's your first class?" JJ asked me and I shrugged. "I have to go to the office to get my schedule, I don't know yet," I answered. 

"Oh, right. I'm heading near there, want me to take you?" He asked, and I hesitated on answering right away. This was kind of defeating the purpose of our break, but I did say we were going to stay friends. 

"Pope, where are you going?" I asked, and he looked at his schedule. "I have AP Physics, so I'm going the opposite direction, sorry," He said, and I sighed internally.

"It's fine. Come on, JJ, I have an office to find," I said. He nodded and we began walking away from Pope towards the main office. "So... sorry about that, I just was curious what class Pope had too," I said, making excuses for how I acted before. 

I could tell he felt awkward about it in the moment, but it was over now, so I decided to cover my ass. 

"It's okay, Stevie. I get it. Now, the office is right in here, and I have to go to English, which is in room 128, okay? If you need me at any point today, just text me," He said, and I nodded. 

"Thanks," I said quietly, a blush forming on my cheeks that I really needed to go away right now. My body was not listening to what my brain was trying to tell it. JJ and I were not together at the moment, and for good reason. 

I needed to stop getting so flustered every time he did something sweet or when he looked good.

I really need inner strength, holy shit. 

I walked into the office and JJ walked away to get to his class, forcing me to be alone for the first time that day. 

"Hi, my name's Stevie Kessinger, I'm new and I'm here to get my schedule?" I said in a questioning tone. The lady at the front desk looked like she wasn't the kindest person in the books, but I had to get this out of the way. 

"Oh, yes, I'll go print that out. Sit tight," She said, her tone bored and lackadaisical. 

I waited for her to come back from the room she had gone into, and when she did she had a piece of paper in her hand. "This is for you. Your first class is down the hall to your right, then just look at the signs on the walls to find the rest of your classes today," She informed me. 

"Thank you," I said, taking the paper from her and walking out of the office and to the right. I looked at the schedule and saw my first class. 

English with Mr. Bradley in room... 128. 

Of course. 

★★★

Hey everyone! Sorry for ending the last chapter in a weird way, it kind of seemed like I was ending the book there, which was not the case. I will be ending this book soon, though, so I'm sorry if you were hoping I would continue it until OBX 2 came out!

The thing is, I will continue to the story when OBX 2 come out, but I really don't know how to continue this any further. Stevie, JJ, Pope, and Kie have this new plot that I've created, but I don't want to stray too far from what the writers of the show will be doing in the second season.

Basically, I want the transition between this book and season 2 to be as seamless as possible, and if I write a bunch of shit that I simply can't make meld into the second season easily, I'll have screwed myself over and potentially confused readers and watchers.

Anyway, I'll give this book maybe two or three more chapters, but that's it I think. I have other books I am working on as well, such as a Harry Styles book and a Draco Malfoy book. Be sure to look out for those!

Also!!! I have an Imagines Book out right now with two imagines already published! You can make requests via comments or sending me a message here on Wattpad! I love you guys and thank you so much for your support! XOXO!