❷❽

★★★

★★★

"What's up, champ, I thought you had an interview to be at," I said as John B., Kie, JJ, and I watched Pope run frantically down the dock to where we had all found ourselves wallowing in our self-pity.

"Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here," Pope panted, and I looked at JJ for an explanation, but he had none either.

"JB, look, I'm sorry dude. About everything," Pope started, and John B. nodded. "It's fine," He said.

"But-- but I don't have a lot of time, and-- and I have informationthat is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going downto the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane," He began, and we all listened closely.

Whatever he was about to say was going to be big, we could all feel it.

"Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing stripto take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview,thinking to myself, Hm. Why would Cameron needa longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?" He said, and my eyes lit up.

"Gold," John B. and I said at the same time.

"Holy shit! The gold!" Kie exclaimed, and we looked back at Pope.

"Guys, this is our chance,but it leaves tonight, and we have to go. Guys, we can't give up now," Pope said.

I, for one, was all for this rejuvenated Pope. I stood up and walked over to him, slinging an arm around his shoulder and patting his chest. "Your proposition, big man?" I asked, and he smiled proudly.

"We steal that shit back," He said.

We all got up and half-cheered, half-laughed. "Let's do this!" Pope shouted, and we all started up the dock. "Let's head out, Pogues!" Kie chimed.

From next to me, John B. patted his back. I jumped up and we dusted everyone, Kie jumping on JJ's back and all of us running to the car. Pope made it there first, so he obviously won, but John B. was a faster runner with me on his back than JJ, so we beat them.

I stuck up the loser symbol at JJ, which made him stick his tongue out at me. "Careful, your inner sore loser is surfacing," John B. said, and we high-fived like we had just won a middle school relay race.

"Can we just go get this gold, please," Kie said, and we headed off in the van to get the gold we rightfully deserved.

"Viva la revolution, bitches," I said as we peeled away from the Chateau and drove to the airstrip.

" We go in there, guns a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possibleand vámonos, get the hell out of there," JJ said as we crouched behind the fence at the airstrip.