①⓪

★★★

★★★

I stayed in my room when everyone got back, and I could tell people were questioning why I wasn't coming outside. "What happened to her?" I heard Kie ask through the door, but nobody answered. "I don't know, she's been in a weird mood since last night," John B. said, and I simply buried my head into my pillow.

I couldn't tell them why I was acting like this, and I only hoped JJ wouldn't tell everyone where he had found me last night. I was ashamed of it, but that was lower on my list of worries now that my nightmares were coming back.

The worst part was the Marcus still lived on the Cut. I saw him from time to time, he worked at the Wreck as a fry-cook. It pained me seeing him, but he didn't recognize me, so he never spoke to me. I never mentioned it to anyone because it simply overwhelmed me thinking about it. I never wanted to be seen as weak. I was too weak to fend off Marcus, and now, I was too weak to get away from Rafe.

History almost repeated itself, and it scared me. Another problem with the whole situation was that I feared explaining why I was shut in my room to the rest of my friends. It wasn't a light situation, it was extremely embarrassing, but they didn't know what happened to me. They must think I'm being so overdramatic. I wish I could bring myself to tell them, but I simply couldn't.

I stayed in my room for a few hours longer, hearing people go in and out of the house, and soon there was a soft knock at my door. "Hey, you hungry?" I heard Kie's soothing voice ask from outside, and I decided it was time to be a big girl and face my fears.

I stood up, walking to the door, and opened it to see Kie's face go from concerned to a beaming smile. "Oh, thank god. How are you feeling?" She asked and I shrugged, "I mean, I'm as good as I can be, you know?"

"So your cramps went away?" She asked, and I took a quick breath. I had forgotten about the excuse I had used yesterday, but I quickly conformed to it. "Oh, they went away about an hour ago, I thought I'd come to see what was happening," I said. "You didn't have cramps, did you?" She asked lightly, but I said nothing. I looked at my feet and luckily she didn't pry any further.

"You missed a lot," She chuckled as we walked into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and began to eat. I hadn't eaten anything since the night before, and I was hungry. Kie filled me in on all they had done since I locked myself away, and I was grateful she didn't ask me anymore about why I was absent all day.

I prayed JJ was far away from the Chateau. As much as I said I wanted to face my fears, I couldn't face JJ. I was too embarrassed about the party and kissing Rafe to look him in the eyes ever again. I will say, though, as much as I want to think he was only trying to get me away from that pervert, he looked super pissed off at the point when all I did was kiss the guy.