Speak Up - Female Deaf Harry...

By ApolloLaurea

Hari (Harry) Lily Potter the girl who lived is abused by her only living relatives. To them, she is just a de... More

Intro
Number 4 Privet Drive, The Girl Who lived, Chapter 1
Letters
Diagon Alley
Hogwarts at Last
Sorting
first week and flying
Halloween
Question
Lily
First Quidditch Match
Random art
Notice
Christmas
Erised
Quirell
Norbert
The Forbidden Forest
Fluffy
Chess
Quirell
Hospital wing
Dobby, The Whispers in the Walls, Chapter 1
Freak
Letters
Week
Gilderoy Lockheart
Barrier
Mandrakes, Photos and Pixies
Mudblood
The Chamber of Secrets
Polyjuice
The Rouge Bludger
Animagus
Dueling
Christmas
Myrtle and the Diary
Dumbledore's Suspension
Hermione's help
The Basilisk
Fraud
Diary and Dobby
Dumbledore's summons
More Random Art
Occlumency
Summer
Diagon Alley
Dementor
Luna Lovegood
Trelawny
Hippogriffs
Boggart
Grindylows
Cedric Diggory
Patronus
Second Hogsmeade weekend
Cho Chang
Scabbers
Silver doe
Backwards... again
Year three end
How I see the characters
Grimauld Place, The Twisted Tournament, Chapter 1
Malfoy Manor
Quidditch World Cup
Wronski Faint
Mosmordra
After the cup
Slave Labour!
Mad Eye Moody
Blast Ended Screwts
Suggestions?
The Amazing Bouncing Ferret
THANK YOU!
Unforgivable curses
Imperio
Schools
The Goblet
Choosing Champions
Thank you!
Instructions
Potter Stinks
wand weighing
Teenage Tragedy
Meeting Hagrid
Dragons
The First Task
First task party
Skrewts again
Challenge
Challenge part 2
McGonagall gives no option
Clock courtyard
The Owlrey
Ron's blunder
Christmas Morning
Preparations
Random question
100th chapter!
The Yule Ball part 1
Yule Ball 2
Yule Ball 3
Boxing Day
Nimhe Answers Questions
Prefect's bathroom
Research
birds
Brewing
Second task
Under water
Ron Weasley
Winky
Kreacher
Karkaroff
Maze
Dreadful Dreams
Five Pranksters
The Third Task
The Graveyard
Floating
Mad-Eye Moody
Explanations
Shacklebolt and Tonks
End of Year Four
Home Life, the Irksome Inquisitor, Chapter 1
Life at Grimauld Place
Order meetings
Morning after Moon
Prefects
Nightmares
Back to Hogwarts
Theme songs (not an actual chapter)
first day back
Weasley Products
detention
High Inquisitor
The Forbidden Forest
Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade 2.0
Bassalisks-children notice
Basilisk's children (attempt 2)
Update
pranked part 1
Pranked part 2
Meeting number I have no idea
Befuddlement draughts
Next Day
Clocktower Courtyard
Werewolf
Update
Umbridge in Charge
Caught
The Ministry of Magic
The Orb of Prophecy
The fountain
Severus
Book 6, chapter 1, Saint Mungos
Grief and Graves
Awakening
Awakening part 2
The Daily Prophet Articles
Wow, an actual update? Shocker!

Sirius Black, The Man and the Moon, Chapter 1

3.9K 118 29
By ApolloLaurea

Exceptionally dangerous mass murder Sirius Black approached the tidy house in Little Winging in the late evening. He knew that Lily's last living relatives lived here, and knowing how insane Dumbledore was, he had probably put Hari here. He shifted out of his dog form and made his way quietly to the back window, looking in. There were no signs that a witch lived here, not that Petunia would allow them..... She had always hated magic. He knocked on the back door, a minute later it opened to show Petunia in her dressing gown.

She looked at him coldly, "Black...... What do you want?"

"Where is Hari?"

"The girl's gone, no clue where she is, didn't come back this summer thankfully." She said, in a snide voice.

"Where is my goddaughter?"

"Lily made you the Godfather? Hilarious, I thought that she at least had taste." She said coldly, "Then again, she did marry that idiot."

"Don't insult them!" He roared, reaching for his wand, before realizing that he didn't have one. "WHERE IS HARI!?"

"Last I saw her she was with Snape."

"Snape!? Why the hell was she with Snivellus!?"

"He came to get her because we were-"

"You were what?" He practically growled. Mistreating her? Hurting her?

"Go away!" She said shrilly, slamming the door in his face.

He considered breaking the door down and attacking them all with his bare fists, but decided against it. He made his way behind a bush, before turning back into a dog and loaping across the english countryside, his next target Snivellus's house.

• • •

It was several days before he arrived at the dark Victorian style house. Days that he had spent in the rain and eaten what he could, but it had not been much.... he was starving. If Snivellus had hurt Hari in any way, he thought as he ran, he would make him pay.

• • •

He arrived at the house in the late evening, slinking through the woods, wondering what he should do....... Should he sneak around for clues? Or confront Snivellus head on?

The house was dark and gloomy. He had just decided sneak in as he didn't have a wand, when he heard movement in the woods near him. He turned, following the noise.

Someone was sitting next to a little stream, reading. He moved closer. It was a girl, she had long curly brown hair with auburn highlights. She had almond skin. She reminded him of James, though she was built like Lily.... This could be no one other than Hari.......

She looked peaceful, seeming happy here.... How could she be happy with Snape? 

She was reading a book on..... was that animagi? She was also staring at her hand, was she trying to become an animagus? He moved closer, his paws soundless against the leaf strewn ground. 

He decided that approaching her as a dog would be easier. He gave a small whine, deciding to get her attention. She didn't notice.... strange...... He whined louder..... still no response.

He gave a small bark, still nothing. He barked even louder, she didn't look up from her book. What was wrong with her, then he remembered that sometimes Lily didn't notice anything when she was reading or concentrating, maybe Hari was like that?

He walked up to her, and rubbed against her leg. She fell over backwards, then seemed to realize what had touched her. She reached out a careful hand to him, and he rubbed his head against it. She slowly started to pat him cautiously.

It felt so nice, it had been so long since he'd felt human touch. He rolled over onto his back, and Hari stopped being cautious, rubbing his tummy. He decided to gain her trust as a dog, before revealing who he really was.

He caught a sight of his reflection in her glasses.... of course she had been cautious, he was a mess. Covered in mud and leaves, he was gross. His ribs were prominent through his fur, and he looked starved. She reached into her bag, pulling out a sandwich. She gave it to him, FOOOOOD! He was sooooo happy, he had his godchild, belly rubs, and food. Seeing he was still hungry, she handed him an apple. He chomped it gratefully.

After a few minutes she got up, and gathered her things. She placed her hand against a nearby tree, he jumped back slightly as a snake slithered down the trunk and up her arm, to rest around her neck, under her shirt. She started to walk away. What? She was leaving? Sirius followed her, sticking at her heels. She looked confused, so he looked up at her with puppy eyes, and whined. She looked down at him, considering, then patted his head. He followed along beside her, wagging his tail. 

She made her was up the steps, and lead him inside. As she closed the front door, she clapped once loudly. Sirius wondered why... 

She grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, then led him forwards. He followed her up the stairs, and into the bathroom. She gave him a push, and he hopped into the tub. 

She washed all the mud off, then blow dried him. It felt so good to be clean, he hadn't been clean in twelve years. He wondered why she didn't use magic.... He also wondered why she didn't ask him to do anything like sit, or lie down. She made no noise, just pushing him to do what ever she wanted him to do. She never even told him what a good boy he was....... strange, most people did when he was in this form. 

Once he was dry she took him to her room, he looked away as she changed her now soaked outfit, not noticing the many scars that riddled her upper arms and torso. She placed her snake in a drawer of her side table, it had a small blanket in it.

Her room was very Slytherin coloured with dark green walls, and silver bed spread. He wondered what house she was in. It had to be Gryffindor...... right? But he thought, but she had been raised by the Dursleys......... and the snake........ She also had an owl cage and perch........ Was the snake her familiar then? Or the owl?........ Also were dogs even allowed at Hogwarts? Would she be able to take him? Was she allowed three pets? Would teachers recognize him?

He glanced at her clock, it was around 8 o-clock. She walked back downstairs, he stayed at her heels. She walked into the dinning room and sat down, he lay down beside her seat. She started reading, absentmindedly scratching Sirius's ears.

A few minutes later Snivellus walked in, then stopped as he saw Sirius.

"Why do you have a dog?" he asked

Hari started waving her hands, why wasn't she answering him?

"No you can't keep it."

She moved her hands weirdly again, making puppy eyes.

"Alright fine." Snivellus finally said, "But you're looking after him."

She waved her hand excitedly..... and then Sirius realized, she must be deaf, and the hand waving was sign language...... He'd have to learn it.

• • • 

Sirius stayed with Hari, playing the dog and slowly earned her trust.... He'd broken out of Askaban to see see if she was alright, and protect her. He'd seen the article in the prophet about her saving a Weasley girl from the Chamber of Secrets, and realized how much he wanted to see her. He also hoped to find the little traitor rat, and prove his own innocence.

Hari didn't notice as every night her dog, whom she had named Ajax, took books on sign  language off her shelf, flipping through the pages with his paws as he kept an eye on her as she slept.

I see Sirius as a black shepherd lab mix. Quite similar to the picture at the top of this chapter. I would like to point out that in this book Snape and Sirius are only actually 30 and 31 years old.  Also I built these rooms on a cool online 3D room builder called Roomstyler. I will also likely be using the program to build other rooms that I make up, or are not shown in the movies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.6K 37
WARNING: SEXUAL SCENES, STRONG LANGUAGE ! If you're too young please don't read this -=- Disclaimer: I don't own the original Harry Potter characters...
15.5K 780 18
Going through her Puberty, Y/n faces more problems than a normal teenager and Her being in The Universe of Harry Potter didn't make it better. She ke...
40.2K 1.3K 30
*completed* *** Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, A smile, A kind word, A listening ear, An honest compliment, Or the smallest act of...
3.1M 93.1K 110
Maeve, was a quite unique girl. Whoever witnessed her smile or laugh was instantly intoxicated by her presence, and thats what happened to a particul...