False Hope (Modern SasuSaku F...

By adlerskiyo

Three Uchiha Corporations around the world-Sakura Haruno works on one of them owned and supervised by Itachi... More

Chapter 1: Fired
Chapter 2: Job Hunting
Chapter 3: Hired
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: Steps To You
Chapter 6: To Remember
Chapter 8: Nice To Meet You...Again
Chapter 9: Weekend With The Weasel
Chapter 10: A Welcome Present From Mr. Boss
Chapter 11: Dad Arrives
Chapter 12: Always Available, But Never Single
Chapter 13: He Finds Out
Chapter 14: Regaining The Memories
Chapter 15: A Wedding and an Apology
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: Confession
Chapter 18: That Girl
Chapter 19: Red
Chapter 20: Antagonist
Chapter 21: Just The Way You Are
Chapter 22: Official
Chapter 23: Sooner or Later
Chapter 24: Make Another Move
Chapter 25: That Day
Story On Hold!
Chapter 26: How's Life?
Chapter 27: Mistake
Chapter 28: Handful of Surprises
Chapter 29: Onyx Clashing With Emerald
Chapter 30: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.2: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.3: Fools in Love
Chapter 31: Confrontation
S: Two Sides [pt.1]
N: Two Sides [pt.2]
Chapter 32: Tell Me
Chapter 33: Tell Her
Chapter 34: In The End
Chapter 35: Heal and Forgive
Finale
Epilogue: The Boy Who Regrets

Chapter 7: Best Friends

5.2K 245 192
By adlerskiyo

A/N

I am updating often! You know why? Because this is one gift that I can give to my readers for Christmas :D Oh and because Christmas vacation shall end soon too hahaha

~*~*~*~*~*~

I was propped against the chair, with my palm on my face (still crying), thinking why I deserve all of this. I am currently at Sasuke’s house, because he didn’t want us to talk about this issue at the office. We were at the living room and I’m sure he's alone here and he even told the maids to get to their rooms and not to go here. 

We had been here thirty minutes from now and no one had spoken. No one dared, specifically, he didn’t. I did not as well. Who the heck does he think he is? I should be the one to listen, and he should be the one to explain. After so many years...does he expect me to be the understanding type at this point of time? He knew that I never heard about Naruto so why didn’t he tell me? I know that Sasuke may be the snobbish, silent, and unapproachable type but I never knew that he would be this selfish to not tell me about this issue. 

“Look,” from the silence, Sasuke’s voice made me cringed. “Nothing will be solved if you would just stay silent and give this issue all to me.”

I look at him with an accusing face and raised eyebrow, “So now it’s my fault that I’m silent? Why don’t you blame the person who didn’t tell me about the accident that Naruto was into years ago?” I shook my head frustratedly, “Besides, I can blame this issue to you by the way. You are the one who knows about this. You explain, I listen.”

From the corner of my teary eye, I see Sasuke frustratedly comb his raven hair with his fingertips. He sighed, and avoided my gaze, “Sakura, during September on our senior year at Konoha High, Naruto started to be absent and you never had time to visit him, correct?” 

“Yes, my parents would always take me to the Haruno Industries to teach me how to supervise a company. But when I came to his house, Minato-san told me that Naruto was already asleep.” I remember that. 

“News traveled to us that Naruto has been in a car accident just recently. Yet Minato and Kushina refused to tell the school about this matter because they both took Naruto to America for his operation.” Sasuke continued. 

“W-who’s us?” I asked, tears forming in my eyes again. I can’t believe that I hadn’t know this. 

“Me, Shikamaru, Neji, Hinata, Sai, Shino, Chouji, Tenten,” Sasuke states, “And Ino.”

Ino? She knows about this? Even Tenten. They were hiding this from me?

“The only persons from Konoha High who knew Naruto’s condition were Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai, Gai, and Principal Tsunade.” They knew? I understand that they refuse to tell other people but even Tsunade-sama? We’ve been so close. We always hangout during weekends for trainings.

“Sakura, Naruto was hurt the night his car crashed. Not physically, but emotionally shattered that’s why he was in an accident. And it was because of you.” 

Me? 

“You, Sakura Haruno, daughter of Mebuki and Kizashi Haruno who owns the Haruno Industries, a top student at Konoha High, knows medical basics, excels in academics, a student that a school can treat as a treasure,” Sasuke paused. “Has fallen in love with a worthless person,” he paused again. “namely Sasuke Uchiha.”

Shit. Why is he stating how I became so ridiculous about him in the past?

“You loved me. He knows it. I’m his bestfriend. You’re the girl he loves and also his friend. Do you know what kind of pain he’s going through every day?”

Guilt. I didn’t even took notice about Naruto’s love for me. 

“When he was sent to America, he had his operation. He was home schooled there and we helped him gain his memories back, and we visited him. Even if he hasn’t seen Kiba and Lee, he remembers them with his own knowledge when we talked to him. And we refused to tell him about you. We told Minato and Kushina to never tell them your name,” he stated, “Because you are nobody. You’re just someone who broke his heart. That’s why when you said that you’re not inlove with me anymore, I was glad. Because in that way, even if he doesn’t know it, you can still avoid hurting him.”

Is that why I feel like Naruto’s name is taboo? It was all my fault after all. 

I wiped my tears, and went out of his house. He went after me, certainly.

“I’m sorry. Sorry for the trouble I caused. But please...let me meet Naruto. Meet him as a friend, and not as the girl he once loved.” I begged. 

He didn’t answer back, the only thing he said was, “I’ll drive you home.” 

We entered his car and he started to drive. It’s actually fair that they didn’t tell him about me. All I cost him was pain, what’s the point to tell him who I really am? 

 Inside his car, I apologized again. He said that it was okay, that he understand why I acted this way. We were back to the our normal selves and he told me that maybe some other time, I can meet Naruto and be friends with him like in the past. 

“By the way...” he drops the topic and starts a new one, “What you did with the envelope earlier...”

“You’re welcome,” I said casually. Is it that hard to thank someone? Damn Uchiha. 

“Hn,” he grunts, “It must’ve been embarassing though, you’re a girl.” Oh you have no idea, Uchiha. 

I just flashed a smile, that One-Million-Dollar smile that make boys give me chocolates on Valentines day and said, “I’m not just a girl, Sasuke. I’m your secretary. You can always depend on me.”

He gave me a plain nod after he caught my gaze. Well, I guess my One-Million-Dollar smile can’t and won’t work on him. He’s Sasuke Uchiha after all, he never fell inlove and I bet he will never try to. 

I gave him the directions where my house is located and he would obey what I say nicely too. My house and his house is very far, so I think it’s going to be a long ride. But I decided to ask him, “Do you miss Ino?” 

He continued to drive at full speed that my eyes would barely stay on their place, but he slowed down every once in a while, and he answered, “I never missed anyone, actually.” 

Is he just really emotionless or is he just acting like a total ass? Oh wait, I go for both. 

I just nodded and nodded and nodded. “How ‘bout Karin?”

Fck that girl’s name. I hate it when her name goes out of my mouth. Her name is like a bad omen when it comes to us girls at Konoha High. And by us, I mean—me, Ino, Tenten, and Hinata. That girl’s attitude was the worst I’ve ever encountered and she hated us eversince. Oh scratch that. She hated me eversince, and it was all because of her beloved Uchiha. She’s clingy, and she even made a Sasuke Fansclub. Seriously. She would step onto anyone or everyone just to get what she wants and just to get Sasuke. Nobody really liked her and nobody cared if she was an Uzumaki like Naruto, and I bet nobody will.

Sasuke snorted, “Hah. That was a funny joke, Haruno. Real funny. Say that b*tch’s name again and I’ll cuss non-stop ‘till we get to your house.”

He hates her. And I find it funny!

“Heh, fine, fine. I guess that’s a “no”. Am I right?”

“What makes you think it’s a yes? Stop being such a retard.”

“Eeeh! Shut up!”

“You’re ordering your boss, Miss Haruno.”

Then I stopped there. Although, I didn’t help but smile. I missed those days. Those days that I get to hangout, smile, and exchange jokes with Naruto and Sasuke. But what’s done is done. It’s too late to go back and I will not go back. I was born for business and that’s the only reason why I am here. 

“We’re here. This is your house, right?”

Sasuke stopped in front of our gate. Our house isn’t small but Sasuke’s house is bigger. That’s for sure. I just gave a nod and we both went out of his car. 

I gave him a timid smile, “Thank you, sir.” 

Before I turn around, he said something that interrupted me. 

“Hey..uhh..you... I mean I’m not really the friendly type but,” he gave out his right hand, motioning me to shake hands with him. “Friends?”

Believe me, I want to be friends just like the onld times but I’m afraid that I’ll just fall inlove with you again and get hurt.

Yet my hand moved on it’s own and shaked hands with Sasuke’s. Looking at our hands together, I can’t help but smile happily. I looked at him with glee, sighed and nodded.

“Best friends.” I let out a chuckle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 3K 33
[Sasuke Uchiha X Sakura Haruno] Sakura Haruno knew falling for her fictional character was a bad idea. Now she's in a complicated situation, waking u...
9.2K 393 29
Sakura Haruno was in love with Sasuke Uchiha from child hood, but one incident changed her feelings towards him, love soon turn into deep hate, but w...
2.4K 55 2
● PLEASE READ THE FIRST BOOK FIRST CALLED "THEIR PINK SECREATARY" BEFORE READING THIS!!! OneShot ||Sequel to TPS|| ||Completed|| ☆ This story is cent...
2.8K 99 18
Sasuke Uchiha, a 20 years old boy, the CEO of the Uchiha Group. Being the only one, to be precise, the last survivor of the Uchiha clan, he was force...