False Hope (Modern SasuSaku F...

By adlerskiyo

Three Uchiha Corporations around the world-Sakura Haruno works on one of them owned and supervised by Itachi... More

Chapter 1: Fired
Chapter 2: Job Hunting
Chapter 3: Hired
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: Steps To You
Chapter 7: Best Friends
Chapter 8: Nice To Meet You...Again
Chapter 9: Weekend With The Weasel
Chapter 10: A Welcome Present From Mr. Boss
Chapter 11: Dad Arrives
Chapter 12: Always Available, But Never Single
Chapter 13: He Finds Out
Chapter 14: Regaining The Memories
Chapter 15: A Wedding and an Apology
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: Confession
Chapter 18: That Girl
Chapter 19: Red
Chapter 20: Antagonist
Chapter 21: Just The Way You Are
Chapter 22: Official
Chapter 23: Sooner or Later
Chapter 24: Make Another Move
Chapter 25: That Day
Story On Hold!
Chapter 26: How's Life?
Chapter 27: Mistake
Chapter 28: Handful of Surprises
Chapter 29: Onyx Clashing With Emerald
Chapter 30: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.2: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.3: Fools in Love
Chapter 31: Confrontation
S: Two Sides [pt.1]
N: Two Sides [pt.2]
Chapter 32: Tell Me
Chapter 33: Tell Her
Chapter 34: In The End
Chapter 35: Heal and Forgive
Finale
Epilogue: The Boy Who Regrets

Chapter 6: To Remember

5.1K 254 246
By adlerskiyo

A/N

Be proud! I’m updating often! :D More mysteries will be revealed in this chapter :) And more SasuSaku mehehe

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Y’know Sasuke, what you did was very heroic. Phew, I will never go to that stupid night club again. Ino and Tenten were the ones who took me there. Argh, idiots,” We were already near the office and I sound crazy because I think I’m only talking to myself. Sasuke became so snobbish since I said the statement, ‘You became like Naruto’. Maybe he was offended? But he doesn’t take things seriously. Maybe he became sensitive? Uh, it’s so hard to think. 

The car stopped at the parking lot at the office. He opened the door and walked out and I did the same. When we were both outside, I decided to break the ice.

“Boss, if I said something bad, I want to apologize. I mean, for everything. With the V-card thing, and I am sorry for bringing you with this trouble and really sorry for saying that you became pervy.” I said, fast. 

He just frowned, “That’s not it.”

“Err, okay? But I’m really sorry, sir.”

“You can call me ‘sir’ in public but don’t call me that when we’re just talking casually without your officemates.” he said. I just gave him a nod and we went straight to the office. When we get there, obviously, question marks popped onto my officemates’ faces.

“Kyaaa! Why is Sir Sasuke with that Sakura?! She’s just an employee! I’m prettier than her!”  - nosy employee #1

“OMG! Are they together?!”  - nosy employee #2

“Why is Mr. Uchiha with Sakura?” - nosy employee #3

“Maybe just a coincidence? I mean, we shouldn’t question them. Maybe they arrived at the same time!” - nosy employee #3

“Ayieee! They look cute together!” - nosy employee #4

“Waaah! Sasuke-kun my loves is taken! Huhubells!” - nosy employee #5

Some smiled and was obviously happy but others (mostly all girls) glared at me. Eeek! I am not Sasuke’s girlfriend. Like he said, I’m not his ideal lady. Not just that, I should be the one who’s mad and not him! He called me flat! Hard to accept, I know that I am but does he have to state the obvious?! Huhu!

When we made it to the 5th floor, (where his office is and where I work) we started to mind our business and went to our own works, without talking to each other. What is his problem?

~*~

Tenten was on her day-off so I had to eat alone but a bunch of questions encircled me when I was eating my lunch. This is why I hate being close to that stupid *cough-handsome-cough* Uchiha! He receives admirers while I get haters! Unfaaaair! 

After eating, I remembered last week. Sasuke wanted me to help him with his presentation for a meeting that I don’t even know when it would be held. 

“Saaak! Sakura! Sir Sasuke needs you in his office.” Yumi, one of the employees that I’m very closed with, has called me. Need? Psh. 

I smiled at her then went to Sasuke’s office but knocked first. He quickly said, ‘come in’ and I did so. When I got inside, he looks constipated—err, I mean frustrated, with his hands on his head, and his emotionless face. 

“Mr. Boss? Uhh...” I looked around his office. “E-everything okay?” His desk was too messy. His papers were around the floor, the office phone was near the window and take note: it was obvious that he threw it. What the? What happened?!

“S-sir, uhm...”

“The meeting is in seven minutes at the Uzumaki Corporation and I can’t find my fcking envelope with some important notes to go with my presentation.” he said out of nowhere. Meeting? Uzumaki Corporation?

“Look, Sakura, you’re my employee and I trust you with my presentation. That’s why I was telling you what the presentation is about a week ago. You will help me discuss it.” Waaah! No way! At the Uzumaki Corporation?! So that means I get to see Naruto too?! I haven’t seen him in years!

“B-but sir! What envelope are you missing?! Is that the color brown with a green plastic cover?!”

He nodded, “I don’t know where I put it.”

“Where did you last go, sir?”

He thought for a moment, then he sighed, “Men’s room at the ground floor.”

My eyes went huge, “Oh sh*t boss! GROUND FLOOR?! We’re at the 5th floor! Why would you do your business there?!”

“NEVERMIND THAT!” he yelled. “The elevator’s not working, Haruno. I have to go there through stairs to get that.” 

I gulped, “D-don’t worry, boss! I’ll get it for you!” I volunteered. Waaah! I can’t believe I said that! Kyaaa! Comfort room for boys?! Ew ew ew my innocent -slash- virgin eyes! NOOOO!

My boss gave me a pokerface, “It’s a washroom for guys, Sakura.” he sighed. 

“AAAHCCKK! I know! But let me!” Before he could answer, I ran out of his office and used the stairs to get that friggin envelope! Five minutes left! MUST.RUN.FASTERRRR!

RUN. RUN. RUN.

LOOK AT THE WATCH FOR TIME. 

RUN. RUN. RUN.

LOOK AT THE WATCH FOR TIME.

RUN.RUN.RUN. 

LOOK AT THE WATCH—

Owkaaay, I’m here! I can do this! GO SAKURA! GO GO GO! WIN WIN WIN! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! COVER YOUR VIRGIN AND INNOCENT EYES! WOOOO!

I breathed in, and went to the effin comfort room for boys. Sadly, it was crowded and the guys got mad. HEYYYY! I’m not looking at your ‘treasure’ idiots. Bunch of wuss! I looked for the envelope and saw it near the sink. I ran out and went to the office again, panting heavily. Waaah! 3 and a half minutes left! Sheesh!

I ran inside Sasuke’s office, he was drinking medicine. Whaaa? Is he sick? Nevermind. I gave the envelope and he grabbed my wrist and he took the envelope. He threw me inside his car and drive so fast. Kyaaa! Two minutes left! 

The Uzumaki Corporation wasn’t far an we got there in time. Phew! All thanks to Sasuke’s car! We went inside the conference room and saw that it would start soon. Naruto’s father smiled at us and greeted. 

“Nice of you to join us, Sasuke.” he said. Just then, my eyes landed on familiar faces. 

Neji and Shikamaru. 

What are they doing here?

We sat, well, Sasuke sat, and I just had to stand up next to him. Wooo. What a gentleman. Argh. But before it starts, Minato went out and I see someone very familiar guy going in. 

Naruto Uzumaki. 

And he just went through me without even a single glance.

What happened?

~*~

The meeting was over and I helped Sasuke with his presentation. But my attention was all on Naruto. Why did he disappear? Where did he go? Why did he leave?

Before we go ahead, Neji and Shikamaru went near me. “Sakura, nice to see you!” greeted Shikamaru. I smiled at him and greeted back. 

“Neji, I thought you left Japan?” I asked. 

“Business proposal,” Neji smiled. Neji changed. He wasn’t cold anymore back in those years. 

“SASUKE!”

But that voice took my attention again. 

That guy who called my boss was no other than Naruto Uzumaki. “Hey, Sasuke! Neji, Shikamaru! Haven’t seen you in a while!” Well, this Naruto looks so responsible and professional. 

He faced me, and my eyes drop down. Even if Naruto was my suitor, he was my best friend, too. I thought he was just pranking me and would tell me something like ‘Hah! Got you there, Sakura-chan!’ but no. He said something that I never expected him to say. 

“Hi. You must be Sasuke’s new secretary. What’s your name?”

What’s my name?

Why don’t you remember me?

~*~

6:30 pm; Sasuke’s office

“Why doesn’t he remember me?” Tears continued to stream down my face. I hate this. I do not wanna look weak with my boss, but I just can’t help it. 

“Believe me, you don’t wanna know why.” He answered, not looking at me. “Go home. Your new schedule is only up to 6. Get out.”

“NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHY!” I don’t fcking care if he fcking fires me! 

“FINE!” he stood up. “DAMN IT! He doesn’t know anything about you because he had amnesia! Naruto was in a car accident when we were in Fourth Year at Konoha High!”

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N

Cliffhanger nyahaha :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.7K 26
What would happen if someone suddenly called Sakura, offering her a job in the Uchiha corp.?! Will love bloom between her and her boss?! Or will they...
9.5K 393 29
Sakura Haruno was in love with Sasuke Uchiha from child hood, but one incident changed her feelings towards him, love soon turn into deep hate, but w...
3K 115 36
She's been with her boyfriend for about 5 years now, high school sweethearts. Things are hard when they have to pay for rent, and eat too! She picks...
206K 6.1K 18
The war has ended, but nothing is as it should be. Team 7 is always busy and never see each other. Then they are sent on a mission to the Land of Win...