It Comes Naturally

By nerdyflirtykari

Moving to a new town means nothing to some people but for Erica Hollis moving to a new country meant a lot. H... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
Special Feature
14. - A Promise of Forever
A Promise of Forever
15. - A Promise Of Forever
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
Bonus Chapter
30.
31.
32.
33.
Epilogue
Extra #1 - The Young Master

A Promise Of Forever

1.7K 176 39
By nerdyflirtykari

Junior Year
St. Lawrence Preparatory

Another new year at St. Lawrence Prep and the first morning greeted her with the fake friends she grew to despise but learned to be somewhat tolerant. Music blasting in her ears, she can still hear them chatter away about the last month of their summer spent at Trevor's beach house in Malibu. She was invited after he invited his friends but the delivery, as usual, lacked the warmth one's boyfriend should have. Janine politely declined and spent her month with Marisol Cayde and a college prep course she took part in. The entire summer was spent with her mother and herself bickering, her older siblings putting in their opinions, and her father playing an invisible man to avoid his family. All their negativity simply slid off her back, allowing her to do her own thing. Though in the deepest cavern of her heart there was hope that her mother will support her decisions and see her as Janine and not the worst knockoff version of her other daughter Janice.
The previous year of school, heck the entire sophomore year opened her eyes to many things. The one thing she learned in that year was universal connection was real. It wasn't a figment of her imagination, she knew it was there, she felt it and she knew he did also. On the last day of classes back in June, the smile he gave her and the brushing of their hands made her into a determined lovesick fool. 
This year change was coming. Her plans were ready and she bolstered herself for the consequences because there will be a lot of them. 

Leaning against the rails, surreptitiously eyeing the thickening crowd of students she was looking for one person in particular to give her the courage. Janine prayed all summer that what she felt and saw in his eyes wasn't a fluke. The need to believe that there was someone out there for her was strong and she believed Eli Johnson was hers. She confided her fears and hopes into her new friend Marisol Cayde and met the woman's daughter Allison who instantly became her mentor. The two ladies boosted her confidence over the summer, she stood up to her mother and learned to do things for her and not for other people's selfish reasons.
Focusing back into the crowd she felt him before the girls around her spotted him. On automatic, she pinpointed his location and so did he for her. Though his face was stoic, she didn't miss how his eyes danced when he looked her way. Janine smiled. That was the sign she was waiting for.
Junior year was hers. 

Eli was trying hard not to smile her way. He loved the changes she made. His mind kept on repeating her name over and over. When she moved from between her two friends that's when his heart stopped. Lovely thick brown thighs were on show thanks to her skirt, thigh-high stocking accentuated the curve of her legs, her school shirt was fitted molded to her shapely torso with her cardigan loosely on her shoulders. Her natural hair was styled in dreadlocks, she looked ten times more beautiful to him. She wore no makeup and he was proud of her. Janine was truly a queen. 
Catching the eyes of her friends after she left them, he scoffed at their silly, childish sneers and proceeded to enter the school. No longer was his uniform loose on him. Randy had his wife alter them and made a few new slacks for him for the new year. The muscles he gained on his lean frame from working on construction sites for the entire summer were there. Shirt and jacket sleeves neatly folded up, anyone can see the difference through his veined forearms. Randy even signed him up for boxing lessons and additional self-defense classes. To think, for him to survive high school he had to learn to defend himself, it's a sad thought. 

"Hi, Eli." 

A voice behind him made him look over his shoulder, pushing his glasses up his nose, he took note of the redhead pushing her way towards him. He saw her around but never caught her name.

"Yes," he answered gruffly. Her eyes widened before her cheeks tinged red. Puberty hit him like a Mack truck over the summer and the months leading up to it. His voice was a bit deeper and his brown hair was adorably messy, words of his sister Elise. Go figure. 

"You look great. How was your summer?" she asked folding her arms beneath her too-tight shirt.

"Busy."

"I can see that. So are you in any of my classes this semester? We can be study buddies if you want," she pressed.

"No thanks," he firmly said and left her in the middle of the hallway. Other girls didn't capture his attention like Janine Carlisle did. It was her and no one else. He knew why that girl approached him, his sisters and mother commented on his changes, his brother Eric good-naturedly teased him until the women in their family noted his changes. Eli didn't care about looks that much, she saw him, the real him and he knew she felt the same way as he did. The question is when will they be able to test that theory?

Collecting his class schedule from the office, he made a run to his locker. The crude names from the last year's pranks were gone, the paint they smeared on it was gone only to be painted over in yellow. Cautiously he opened the locker to see it was clean also and not smelling of rotten eggs and stink bombs. A note was placed on the top shelf, he was hesitant to reach for it but everything so far wasn't done to hurt him. Opening it, Eli smiled at the cursive-colored writing.

'To a wonderful school year. You got this.'

With a smile on his face, he tucked the note in his wallet and got ready for homeroom. The cleaning of his locker and the encouraging note gave him a pep in his step, one can say. He walked past Trevor's friends with a smile on his face, not caring about them at all.

                                           *********

"What the hell!"

"Excuse me?"

Snatching her arm from him, Janine stood her full height and held Trevor's murderous gaze with hers. "Don't you ever manhandle me again. As a matter of fact, you can stop this fucked up role as my man so your bitch of a girl, Arlene can stop giving me the evil eye and pretending to be my friend. Your father got what he wanted, lay off me," she growled lowly for his ear only. Trevor stood in his spot shocked at her response, where was the compliant girl from a month ago?  Slowly he took in her new attire, she thought she looked good with her fat legs on show like that, her nappy hair in loose braids or whatever they call it? Did her mother lose her senses? Did they actually allow her to wear this attire?

"You think a few changes will make you desirable? You need me to survive this hell hole," he sneered backing her into the lockers. It was between classes and he finally caught up to her after hearing the lewd comments about her from the other males in his class.

"Think again, Norman. I don't need you or your forced popularity. Move!" she said a bit louder.

"What will mommy dearest think of her last daughter becoming a fat slut. You know how well I can tell a good story," he returned, pressing his body crudely against hers. Keeping her legs inside of his, she waited until he widens his legs and forcefully kneed him in his groin. He howled in pain, stopping every student in the hall. His friends came running up to them, just as he fell to the ground clutching his dick and wincing in pain.

"Make sure and add that to your story." 

Janine flounced away with a smirk on her face but her clenched fists around her backpack straps were shaking by the rush of fear she felt in Trevor's presence and the adrenaline when she worked up the nerve to do what she had to do. Overall, she did it. 

She stood up for herself and found her voice, just as Marisol and Allison taught her. Janine Carlisle was blooming.

                                                                       ********

Weeks passed of the school term and it has been passable on Eli's standards. The notes he received in his locker once or twice a week, with either encouraging or complimenting quotes made him feel good about himself. He knew it was from the same person and in his mind, he knew who it was. They didn't have any classes together but they shared small smiles whenever they see each other in the hallway or library. Eli heard the rumors of her public 'break-up' with Trevor and never felt so happy in his life. The guy still has a chip on his shoulder when it came to Eli but he lost some popularity points when he was kneed in the balls by Janine. 
The man needed an outlet, so where does he go to let out some steam.

Eli Johnson's personal space that's where.

The name-calling resumed, locker room pranks of taking his gym clothes, hiding his school texts, slamming him into lockers, tripping him, typical middle school stuff but they never became physical. 
Janine's notes fed his peace and happiness but one prank went too far for Eli. The destruction of his most prized possession. The pre-owned Microsoft laptop which he used for his family accounts and school work including his plans for his future business idea. A client gave Randy as a gift since they were able to get a newer model.
 Everything was destroyed when Trevor poured his drink all over it during the one place they were within steps of each other. Lunch hour. 
He was ignoring the guy's jeers, trying to focus on the dimensions of a house Randy gave him to update to a more modern look. It was a test to see how serious he was about remodeling and the construction business. Bringing in the old with the new and also bringing construction into the computer age.
Eli didn't see nor hear Trevor approach him, he was close to finalizing his plans. The excitement of finding ways to help the low-class community was there until it was all ruined. The sticky clear liquid that was poured onto his laptop rendered him speechless before he snapped. 

Eli jumped from his seat and began to pummel into Trevor, leaving the lunch hall quiet, the only sounds were Eli's fists connecting to Trevor's flesh and the boys shout for him to stop but he didn't listen. Only one person's voice cut through his anger. 

Hers.

"Eli. Stop. Please." 

Her pleading voice stopped his actions, still straddling the jerk, he looked up and was caught in those dark eyes. "J." 

Shit, this was hell of a way for her to see him, Eli thought. All the self-loathing disappeared when he saw the nonchalance in her eyes and body language. Her eyes still held that shine for him.

She smiled his way, hating what was done to him, Eli got to his feet, grabbed his bag and laptop then left the lunch hall. That's when Trevor's friends moved forward to help him up. Shaking her head at him, she too left the lunch hall. Janine searched the empty classrooms for him until she found him in the computer lab, dismantling the laptop and cleaning it with alcohol wipes. Her hurried actions slammed open the door, giving Eli the impression that Trevor's friends came for retaliation.

"If this is another prank or a beating, can you do it in a few weeks? I'm a bit busy now," he muttered aloud. Janine grew angry at how downtrodden he was and what that asshole did to him. Silently she sat beside him, his hands stilled on the laptop before he turned to face her. Face heated she turned to face him. "I don't mind. Can I sit with you? Help?" she asked shyly. A huge difference from the confident girl back in the lunch hall. His green eyes were piercing, she swore he was looking into her soul. If he didn't say something, she just may embarrass herself and climb into his lap so she can feel more of his warmth and security. Her walls are always down when it comes to him and only him.

"This isn't a trick, right?" he asked. Janine heard the vulnerability in his voice and it softened her heart that he was afraid to show her this side of him.

"Never. I don't think I can ever hurt you, Eli Johnson," she confessed. He handed her a wipe and the outer shell of the laptop to clean then placed the miniature fan between them. She smelled like cherry blossoms, it was now his favorite scent. His Janine was sitting next to him, helping him in her own way. Eli can feel the connection between them, the urge to simply hold her hand and never let go was there but one step at a time. 

"I don't think I can either."

                                                                                *******

"It works!"

Eli smiled her way, amazed by her enthusiastic response after half an hour of trial and error of getting the laptop to work once again. She stayed by his side and shared his worries, she even kindly offered to get it professionally fixed or gift him a new one. He couldn't ask that of her. They were barely friends with that pesky universal connection holding them together. They both missed a class but they didn't care. They talked and talked, bouncing off ideas on each other, giving their own teenage advice, and sharing the dreams of their future. They were simply spending time together without a care in the world. 

The two sat silently side by side and watched on as the laptop booted up. Touching the device like a fragile piece of glass when it prompted him to retrieve saved memory. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the files being retrieved. 

"That was awesome. You should do a side course in this. If something goes wrong with it again, how quickly you can get it to a professional? The industry is now starting so it will be cool to learn more," she suggested.

"You're right. I'll look into it soon. I have so much on my plate but I'm handling it all. My mom is one of my biggest supporters, it will break me if I fail even one test or project." 

"Trial and error. You can't expect yourself to be always on the ball with everything. Don't be too hard on yourself," she said with a smile. He felt his cheeks burn with this explainable unease. Janine looked at him the way he saw kids look to their heroes. She believed he can do it and that made him feel so tall. 

"Thank you, Janine," he said softly.

"You're welcome."

The two stayed in lovely silence, lost in thought as he worked on his laptop. After double-checking his saved files, relief was evident on the last saved file he recovered. Opening it, he smiled widely when the plans came up of the family home project Randy asked him to be a part of.

"What is this?"

"An old family home in dire need of a facelift. Randy..."

"Your uncle," she confirmed, remembering the man he told her about.

"Yes," he answered with a smile before continuing. "Randy created a side project called Loving Homes to help homeowners in low-class neighborhoods to renovate their homes at no cost. Any simple repairs to big ones, Loving Homes caters to them. It's non-profit but most of his crew include myself are involved in it. This home is a duplex for a family of 6. The house has been in their family for generations but with their income spreading thin for bills, food, school, and what have you, cash for needed renovations is non-existent.  Randy asked me to source durable materials and ways to keep the charm of the home alive and bring it to the modern world. I did it. I did it, Janine...."

She didn't interrupt him as he spoke passionately of the materials they will use, the paint, the past builders' ingenuity, the family, and even little touches he wishes to do for the family. The light in his eyes grew brighter and brighter as he spoke and proudly showed her pictures of other projects he did with Randy. Janine could sit there and listen to Eli and never get bored, she liked seeing him this way.

"Where do you get the finances?"

"Oh. Randy's clients from past jobs heard of his initiative and gladly helped him with monthly sometimes quarterly donations. A few even donated household items to the families for that perfect touch. This is what I want to do, J. I want to help those who can't help themselves. Have my own construction company that tenders to different aspects of the building world. The world is growing and they will need places to live, to work even to just relax," he said excitedly.

"Then do it," she said with much encouragement. Eli looked at her, there it was in her expressive eyes and face, she believed he can do it. 

"What about you? What are your dreams?"

Her smile faded for a mere second before it bloomed once again. Janine spilled everything out, she was so thankful that someone actually wanted to hear her ramblings and ideas beside her mentors. It vindicated her choice of career to pursue. He was actually listening to her and asking all the right questions.

"Was she satisfied with your work?" he asked of her, eagerly wanting to hear good news. She previously relayed the story of redesigning Mrs. Cayde's sitting room at her home, a project given to her by the woman's daughter under a strict deadline of four weeks. Allison Cayde was a well-known home designer in the US and was always on the lookout for up-and-coming designers. The challenge was realistic as Allison told her. Every job will be different and it brings with them, different clients. The four-week deadline was a normal time frame among the elites of society so why not try to do it at seventeen. Mrs. Cayde was the perfect candidate, Allison informed her, the woman was creme de la creme and her sitting room is where most of her visitors meet with her.

"Yes! Her friends thought it was her daughter but she told them it was a new designer to watch out for. They asked for me." she shrieked, bouncing in her seat.

"That's great, J. That means this is for you. An interior designer. You're gonna be a success, babe."

They both froze right after the endearment slipped out. Neither one said anything, blushes heated both their faces but overall they weren't uncomfortable. His eyes held hers, both felt their bodies move closer but were also lost in each other. Hearts racing, nerves causing havoc, they both wanted this. This was right. Lips an inch apart, they can both feel each other's labored breath on their moist lips. Janine's eyes closed in easy comfort when she felt Eli's work-roughened hands glide up her arms and stay on either side of her neck. Caressing her below her jaw, he placed his forehead against hers, slowly rubbing his nose against hers. 

"You're not with him, right?" he asked hoarsely.

"I'm thankfully single," she answered in a whisper. It was taking much effort to concentrate. Her mind and body were warring with each other. This was new to her. This was the first boy to touch her like this, even be close to her like this. There was no fear or repulsion, he wasn't forcing himself on her nor manhandling her. Eli was gentle, comforting and his touch was welcomed. All she wanted was, for him to hold her and simply do nothing.

"There's no going back from this," he returned.

"Not going back."

"My Janine."

Upon her shocked gasp, Eli claimed her full lips like a dying man craving for the elixir of life. She moved desperately like him, forget about finesse this was about feeling. Something spilled inside of them causing a fiery trail inside their bodies as they shared their first kiss. He groaned against her lips when her hand touched his bare skin then lose its way into his hair. She was his first and he promised to the heavens that she will definitely be his last. Pulling her to her feet, he stood with her wanting to feel her curves against his body, he dreamed of that so long. With her arms around his neck and his hands wrapped around her waist, Janine was his perfect fit. Her body molded perfectly to his lean muscled body. She groaned when he squeezed her thick thighs and muttered her name. Pressed against her stomach, she felt evidence of how much she affected him, he was causing foreign things to happen to her but she read enough books to know what was happening. 
They had to stop. Eli was attuned to her body and actions, he knew when to slow down to take a deep breath. Eyes closed, she listened to his heavy breathing and allowed him to tuck her under his chin, wrapping his arms around her and swaying to whatever music he heard. 

"There will be a lot of people against this," he voiced aloud. Little did he know, he voiced her fears when she decided to own her life. Being with him, a white boy from the other side of the tracks will be a hurdle itself. Though the school had different races, you can tell where the students segregate themselves, the high society blacks were on top of that list.

"I know. Let's take things slow. Ease our relationship into this place. I don't want to see you hurt again," she answered tightening her hold on him.

"And I will want what's best for you. Slow is the word." Eli couldn't stop kissing her. Placing his lips on hers, she quickly resumed their kiss not moving an inch out of hold which was fine by him. He got his girl, that's all that matters.

                                                                                    ********* 

The next day at school, Eli and Trevor were called to the office. Janine heard the names being called over the school's PA system and immediately grew nervous. Eli did a number on Trevor's face, it took everything in her not to laugh at Trevor's excuse over the mandated dinner with Normans the previous night. Apparently, he got jumped when he unofficially left school over the lunch period. Her mother was in every way consoling and voicing her thoughts on today's society. Janine was too busy daydreaming of Eli to bother about her mother's outburst.

Back to the present, Janine unfolded the pink post-it she found in her locker. 

            'October 7th, 1987. Our first kiss and the beginning of us.'

She has been walking on cloud nine for the past two periods now her good mood took a nosedive. This can be Trevor's chance to get back at Eli or the other way around. She can lose him by the termination of his scholarship, a way of Trevor's retaliation. She couldn't focus on the teacher in front of the class, she needed to know. One more period and lunch hour will be here. They made plans to always meet in the rooftop garden for lunch so they can spend time together. For their first lunch, she prepared lunch for two under the watchful eye of their chef. Janine wanted to learn how to cook not only for herself but to impress Eli, though it looked like anything she does or says he's always impressed by her. 
The rest of the period dragged. Walking to her locker, she grabbed the lunch pack and made her way to the rooftop garden, and took a seat in her favorite spot. She was nervous. He wasn't here. Filled with anxiety, she unpacked the lunch and positioned them neatly on the little stone table positioned in front of the bench she was seated on. Twisting her fingers, she kept looking at the entrance and checking her watch. Please be okay, please be okay, she muttered under her breath.

Where was he?

Rising to her feet, she began to pace, thinking the worst that might have happened. No, she needed to have faith in the Dean's judgment. She needed to believe.....

"Babe!"

Spinning around to his voice, Janine returned his wide smile and rushed into his arms, holding onto him tightly. "I missed you too," he said softly, kissing her head in the process.

"Lunch is ready."

Eli watched on with pure underrated pleasure as she nervously offered him a bowl of whatever smelt so good. His stomach growled in anticipation, Janine heard and chuckled. "I...um...I cooked us lunch. The family chef taught me and she said it was great for my first try. It was the easiest dish I chose," she said fiddling with the fork beside her own bowl.

"What is it?" he asked giving her a comforting smile. Now sitting beside her on the stone bench, he straightened his back and got ready to eat the meal his girlfriend made him. The second day into their budding relationship and she was already caring for him. 

"It's called a Harvest bowl. Rice at the bottom, roasted veggies as the second layer, a simple salad of cranberries kale, and almonds with grilled chicken as the meat. I hope you like it," she explained hesitantly. Not wanting to see the self-doubt in her eyes, Eli heartily dug into his bowl, savoring the still-warm brown rice and the mixture of flavors that came with the serving he gave himself. it was really good. He found himself spearing his fork more than twice into the roasted veggies and salad. Eating greens was never his thing but he liked them now. 
"This is delicious, J. Thank you."

Janine beamed under his praise and tucked into her bowl. The two ate in companionable silence, allowing the garden to relax them. It was nearing the end of lunch hour when Eli spoke. "He got a suspension for four days. A few students reported him and he was caught on the CTV cameras. I was given four days of detention, after school. The dean says I can do it in the computer lab or library if I wish," he said lowly.

Janine gnawed at her lips in worry. "Are you okay?" Eli asked before placing a kiss on her cheek. 

"I'm scared that he will retaliate. I really can't bear the thought of you hurt, Eli," she finally said. Brushing his lips against hers, he soothed her worried lip with a gentle kiss before wrapping his arms around her. "I'll try my best to be careful," he whispered against her neck. 
"Thank you," she returned in the same low tone. Holding her in his arms, Eli felt at peace and so contended. Janine was the one, now they have to focus on their future.

                                                                                      *****

School days for the two went by smoothly, while everyone was preparing for homecoming dances and the preceding events, Eli and Janine were either focusing on their studies or each other. Little notes were shared during class switching, whenever either one opens their locker, a note was there. It kept them at peace and happy. Their lunch hour in the garden was spent with either cooked meals or quick lunches as they spent time with each other.
Homecoming dances or any other dances around the present time weren't on their minds. It was a mutual understanding that their new relationship was fragile to the public's eye. They both believed when their unmistakable bond grows then the world can be let in.

"What's your plan for the weekend?" Janine asked placing his lunch before him. Eli hid the smile on his face when she did so. He teased her about her need to spoil him, she grew nervous and wary thinking he was refusing her care because of his position in life. His humor fled to guilt when that happened. He alleviated her worry immediately and explained himself. In her words, 'it feels right to be there for you,' she said shyly, it amazed him how genuine she was.

"I'm starting a new project with Randy tomorrow. It's a huge family. I was surprised when he said we had enough funds for more than one home. The donations keep coming bigger and bigger. We're grateful. We really are," he informed her.

"That's great. Tell me about this one. You met the family already?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to bore you about tools and materials, wasting our lunch date," he said with a blush.

"I want to know. You're not boring me."

He grinned her way and promptly told her about the family of six and what they needed to be done at their home. Janine listened intently and took to memory the way his eyes shone behind his wire-framed glasses. Chuckling lightly, she pushed them up his nose when he got excited talking about redoing the kitchen while his hands were busy with his lunch. Another blush showed up on his face, kissing her cheek, he resumed their chat. 
Listening to his voice, her mind and heart agreed...... she was falling for Eli Johnson, extremely hard.

                                                                               ******

"Eric! Randy's gonna be here any moment now," Eli shouted from the bottom of the stairs. "I can't find my socks," he returned.

"It's in the first drawer of your dresser."

"Thanks, mom!"

Eli grinned his mother's way. It was Saturday morning and both Eli and Eric were on their way to the new project, Emily made sure they had a heavy breakfast and opted to watch a few morning shows before the other kids wake up. One will think with her two oldest sons shouting the little ones will be awake by now but nope, heavy sleepers they were. Eric came tramping down the stairs dressed in work-worn jeans, two t-shirts, and his jacket, a backpack was slung over his shoulders and his tool belt on his other shoulder. 

"I expected my two handsome boys to be excited about a dance and not working over the weekend," Emily teased.

"Nothing ever comes out of dances, a few rumors, drunk teens, and crying. We won't be missing much," Eli said with a shrug.

"So no girls you are interested in then," his mother pushed. His thoughts went to Janine, he turned his face from his mother to hide the blush but it was his brother who caught it. A snort of laughter escaped the guy causing their mother to eye him suspiciously.

"There's just one for me, mom," Eli muttered. The smile left his face when a frown marred his mother's face, that only means one thing. She doesn't approve of Janine. "Don't mom. You haven't even met her, much less spoken to her. When the time is right, I will introduce you both," he said quickly before she started her argument.

"She thinks she's too good for us? That's why you're keeping her away from me?" his mother argued.

"J isn't like that...." The blowing of a van horn interrupted him. ".... We'll talk more later. Bye, mom."

Emily simply huffed and waved him off. Both he and his brother gave her weak waves and rushed out to Randy. Eli spent the ride out to the new job site thinking of Janine and his mother's undeserved dislike. Yes, he got jumped for crushing on her but it was in no way her fault. Acceptance by his mother was crucial, she will always be the main woman in his life, then Janine, the two must get along. Eric nudged him and raised his eyebrow in question. "just thinking," he responded. 
After forty-five minutes of driving to the outskirts of the city, Randy pulled up to the three-level home where most of the crew were already waiting.  The present crew will be the ones working at the home during the week with other workers jumping in to help wherever they can. Piling out of the van, Eli stood at the back of it adjusting his belt, changing his glasses to work safety ones, and donning his back brace. 

"So are you like... one of the workers here?"

"Yes," Eli answered. He didn't bother to look up at his visitor, he wasn't in the mood to fend off girls today. 

"That's nice. I live right across the street, you call me if you ever need anything. You're awfully cute," the girl continued.

"Look. I got a..." The words died on his lips when he finally looked at his intruder's way. Janine stood beside the van with her arms resting on the bed of the truck, her head propped on them with her eyes shimmering in amusement.

"What was that?" she spoke up once more, this time using her normal seductive voice that causes shivers down his spine.

"I was about to say I have a girlfriend and she's really possessive," he said lowly as he made his way to her.

"How possessive?" she countered, playing along with his teasing.

"Extremely so," he whispered before pulling her flush against his body. Not caring for the curious eyes of his brother and Randy, he lowered his head for a soft kiss but found himself lost in her taste. 

"Surprise," she mumbled against his lips when they ended their slow kiss. 

"This is a great surprise. What are you doing here? How did you know where the project was?" he asked cupping her cheeks with his gloved hands.

"I told Allison about this movement and she told her parents and it just snowballed into not only monetary donations but cosmetic things also. Allison and I will be helping the families redesign their homes while you guys do the heavy lifting," she explained.

"You're so amazing. Thank you, baby, thank you so much."

"I love what you're doing here and I want to help too."

"You're always welcome, baby. C'mon let's go," he said holding her to his side. Together they joined Randy and a casually dressed woman. Janine squeezed his side when the woman looked their way with a silly smile on her face. Easily but reluctantly she left Eli's arms to go stand by the woman. Randy nodded at her presence and began his little meeting. 

"Today is the beginning of the renovations of the Redman's family home...." He gestured to the family on his other side with kids ranging between three and fifteen, a father with his head held high and a mother with grateful tears running down her face but a smile on her face. "As you know we will be doing structural repair and everything else to uplift this loving home. This morning we have a special gift for the family. Beside me are Miss Allison Cayde, top home designer, and her assistant Janine Carlisle who graciously offered their services to the family in lieu of us. Mr. and Mrs. Redman, these two ladies will be redesigning every room of your house with your help, not only to make your children live in more comfort but for you two also."

Mrs. Redman's cries of thanks were heard as she rushed to Allison and Janine, thanking them profusely. The older kids understood the wealth of the information and were very much excited. Mr. Redman was fighting his tears, wanting to be strong but everyone there understood and respected the man even more. The man of the house always had to be strong, his pride was on the line but he will always be grateful. 
Eli was grinning from ear to ear, excited to be working with his girl. Eric sidled up beside him and looked in the direction where his brother was staring.

"That's her, isn't it? The girl you like?" he asked his older brother, eyeing the curvy chocolate skin girl. She was awfully beautiful, her smile was bright and she had a very welcoming spirit. He can see why his brother was crushing on her.

"Not like my dear brother. Love. It's definitely love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 120 42
Sierra Leones finds herself in the center of drama just as four measly teenage boys wiggle their way into her life. Taking her on adventures and taki...
55.2K 1.9K 45
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
332K 11K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
4.8K 203 91
Get ready to dive into the captivating story of teenage couples as they navigate the treacherous waters of high school and strive to make their relat...