Elegance (An LOK Story)(Major...

Av Califoryoux

"Earth. Fire. Air. Water. When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang told me the story of how he, and his frien... Mer

1;1
Book 1;1
Book 1;2
Book 1;3
Book 1;4
Book 1;5
Book 1;6
Book 1;7
Book 1;8
Book 1;9 The Revolution-Part 1
Book 1;10 The Revolution-Part 2
T's and O's
Book 2;1
Book 2;2
Book 2;3
Book 2;4 Harmonic
Book 2;5 Harmonic Convergence
Book 3;1
Book 3;3
Book 3;4
Book 3;5
Book 3;6
Book 3;7
Book 3;8
T's and O's
Book 3;9
Book 3;10
Book 3;11
Book 3;12
T's and O's
Book 4;1
Book 4;2
Book 4;3
Book 4;4;1
Book 4;4;2
Book 4;4;3
Book 4;5;1
Book 4;5;2
Book 4;6
Book 4;7
Book 4;8
Book 4;9
Book 4;10
Book 4;11
Book 4;12;1
Book 4;12;2
Book 4;13;1
Book 4;13;2
Book 4;14;1
Book 4;14;2
Book 4;15
The Trial; 1
The Trial; 2
The Trial; 3
Tales of Republic City
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Alternate Ending
A Special Chapter
New Cover

Book 3;2

618 14 4
Av Califoryoux

Li Na

Here it is.

My hands are sweaty, I feel jittery. I'm a nervous wreck. A letter from my dream school. They're offering me a spot in their program for future inventors. Well... one of my dream schools. For the past few months, I have been in contact with 3 schools who are offering me a spot in their science and math programs for technology, and discussing details about the programs they offer. The problem is, this school is the best one out of the three, and it finally came!- An official offer. Only they're not offering me a full scholarship unlike the others. I would have to pay out of pocket to stay on campus, and they're only paying for my classes up to a year!

I know what you're thinking, 'But Li Na, you haven't even finished high school?' I was thinking the same thing until I saw they were offering me a dual enrollment, meaning I'll be attending college and high school at the same time. I really love this school, but I just don't know if I'm ready to leave my brothers for that amount of time. Who's going to help Mako make dinner? Who's going to hug Bolin when he has a nightmare? Who's going to give Pabu a bath? Who's going to play Pai Sho with me when I'm bored? There's a lot that goes into this. It's such a hard decision to make, especially now that we're heading to Ba Sing Se to find more airbenders. This is the first time in a while since Team Avatar has had all five of us working together, would it be wise to give this all up?

"Hey, Li!" Korra says as she barges into my room.

"We're about to leave," she says with a smile, and then her eyes shift to the letter I have in my hand. "Hey, what do you have there?"

"Oh, nothing! Just some light reading," I say, and smile awkwardly while shoving the piece of paper in my satchel.

"Oh, ok! Well, Asami just arrived with our ride to Ba Sing Se, it's gigantic!"

"Cool! I don't mind bunking with Bolin, but Mako probably wants his own space."

"Um..." Korra trails off. "You may want to talk to Mako, he says he's not coming."

"Not coming? Why not?" I ask confused.

"He says it's because of work, but I think it's because he still feels awkward about being around me and Asami."

I roll my eyes and get my stuff ready for our trip.

"I'm going to go talk to him," I tell her.

"Ok, but don't be too long! Tenzin says we're leaving in 5 minutes."

"Kk!"

...

"Makoooo, but why not?" I whine.

He is being ridiculous! I had to stop him from making his escape, and now Bolin is trying to convince him to come with us. I understand that he feels weird about being with Korra and Asami, but what about Bolin and I? We'll be there, too! And so will Tenzin and Bumi. Plus, Asami and Korra don't even care!

"Korra already asked. I can't just leave Republic City. I have a life here, and a job," he says to Bolin and I.

"A life?" Bolin sputters. "You sleep under your desk. And what's a more important job than helping the Avatar rebuild an entire civilization?"

"It's not just that," Mako says as he turns away from us. "I feel like I've been drifting apart from everyone."

My face softens. I definitely know how he feels. I felt the same way back at the Poles.

"Well, drift back in. We need you! C'mon Mako, we're going to Ba Sing Se where dad grew up! What if Li and I meet our grandma for the very first time and she asks us, 'Where's your sweet brother?' and I have to say, 'I'm sorry Grandma, he had some really important police paperwork to file,' and she starts to cry those grandma tears, and is like, Mako! Why? Why? I can't go on, I ca- and then she dies," Bolin says dramatically.

"Yeah, and I don't remember dad much. What if grandma dies before I even get to know her, and the only person closest to dad in this world leaves before I can get the closure I need? Grandma, come back! GRANDMA NOOOOO!" I yell.

I really want my brother to come with us! He stares at me for a few seconds, and his face falls slightly.

Got him.

"Okay, all right! I'll come with you guys. I guess I gotta call Beifong. She's not going to be happy," he says and walks of.

"Good job, sis!" Bolin exclaims

He high fives me, then we race to the airship.

This is going to be perfect.

...

Did I say perfect? I mean an absolute disaster!

We found our first airbender, and he thought it was cool that he could airbend now... But I guess someone forgot to tell him that because of his new found ability, we were planning to take him to the air temples to teach him all about the airbending culture.. But he declined. Actually, it ended in a huge argument between him and Tenzin. His kids were crying, his wife was yelling, and pie was being thrown. It was a nightmare! On the brightside, dinner was delicious.

Today we've discovered a new airbender, and his name is Ryu. His mom is delightful, but Ryu? Can't stand him. He's lazy, he has a bad attitude, and as a 22 year old, I can tell his mom was ecstatic to finally have him leave her basement where he probably spends his time sleeping till one in the afternoon and playing card games that have to do with magic and dragons. He's like Bolin if Bolin were an awful person.

"So, you're like the Avatar or something. Big deal," Ryu says to Korra.

Ugh, what is wrong with him?

"Uh, I just wanted to talk to you about an opportunity."

Korra is going to flip.

"Yeah, I heard you talking to my mom, and I'm not interested."

"Well, you're gonna be interested," Korra says as she grabs Ryu aggressively by his collar. She airbends a chair out from under a table and throws him in it.

I called it.

"You're an airbender now, and you have a responsibility as a citizen of the world."

"Whatever," Ryu says nonchalantly, annoying all of us. "I didn't ask to become an airbender, you know."

Korra scoffs, "Well, I didn't ask to be the Avatar, but I am and I'm fulfilling my duties," she tells him.

"So? You don't have to."

"Yes, I do have to."

"No, you don't."

I rest my head on Bolin's arm. I think we're going to be here for a while. Why wouldn't he want to come with us? To get such a cool element that not many people have... He should feel lucky! To be honest, being able to bend an element is great. Don't get me wrong, nonbenders are awesome. You know who was a nonbender? Master Sokka, and he was a master swordsman and a boomerang enthusiast! Asami is a nonbender, too, and she's the coolest person I know! My point is, being a bender is cool, and now he gets to have the best of both worlds.

"Yes, I do!" Korra continues to argue.

"No, you don't."

"Well," Korra sighs. "If I didn't embrace my role, then our entire world could be thrown into chaos. Think about that! Is that what you want?"

"Maybe," he answers.

So help me..

"No, it's not!"

"So what? Who cares?" He responds and rolls his eyes.

"Everyone cares!" I snap.

I'm sorry, he's just... So.. Ugh!

"I don't care."

I jump a little when Korra suddenly stands up and slams the table with her fists. I knew she'd break. It's not smart to cross the Avatar.

"Yes, you do!" She yells at Ryu.

"No, I don't."

"Well, you're about to care you little slacker, because you're coming with me!"

My eyes pop out of my head when I see Korra grab Ryu by the collar again and drag him out of the house.

"Stop pulling on my collar! You're stretching it out! Mom, are you just gonna let her take me?!" I can hear Ryu yell.

I, Bolin, and Mako look at each other and then dash towards Korra who is still dragging Ryu.

"I think it's a great opportunity. Just try it for a week and see how it goes," his mother pushes.

"No! Let me go!" Ryu screeches and releases a blast of air from his hands, propelling himself back into the house.

Korra is left at the door holding on to the two halves of his ripped jacket. I cannot believe how far this has escalated- I mean, I guess I can, but still. I kinda feel bad for him. I'd be scared if Korra was coming after me.

"That's it!" Korra yells.

She tries to walk back into the house, but Mako and Bolin each grab her by the arm and start to pull her away.

"Korra, enough!" Mako tries to calm her down, but of course she isn't listening.

I get it, I'm mad, too, and he wasn't even talking to me!

"Let's get out of here!" Bolin says.

I feel bad about Korra almost killing her son. I should apologize...

"I am so sorry about my friend, but that's the Avatar for ya. So, so.. Dedicated!" I say and awkwardly smile at Ryu's mother. "It was nice to meet you! Good luck with your son!"

I run out the house and catch up to Bolin who's behind Mako who is still trying to calm Korra down. I sigh and wipe the sweat from my brow.

"Welp, that was a nightmare."

...

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

14.2K 576 20
ᵃ ᶻᵘᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝..𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎?" 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. ➪ A story about a y...
87.6K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
1M 30.8K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
9.3K 184 19
Earth, Fire, Air, Water...When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the 100 Year War. Av...