Finally Yours: The Sequel | T...

By ratedJG

Read the first book before reading this. More

• prologue •
• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine: part one •
• nine: part two •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• sixteen •
• seventeen: part one •
• seventeen: part two •
• seventeen: part three •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty: part one •
• twenty: part two •
• twenty one •
• twenty two •
• twenty three: part one •
• twenty three: part two •
• twenty four •
• twenty five •
• twenty six •
• twenty seven •
• twenty eight •
• twenty nine •
• thirty •
• thirty one: part one •
• thirty one: part two •
• thirty two: part one •
• thirty two: part two •
• thirty three •
• thirty four •
• thirty five •
• thirty six •
• thirty seven •
• thirty eight •
• thirty nine •
• forty •
• forty one: part one •
• forty one: part two •
• forty two •
• forty three •
• forty four •
• forty five •
• forty six •
• forty seven •
• forty eight •
• forty nine •
• fifty •
• fifty one •
• fifty two •
• fifty three •
• fifty four •
• fifty five: part one •
• fifty five: part two •
• fifty six •
• fifty seven •
• fifty eight •
• fifty nine •
• sixty •
• sixty one •
• sixty two •
• sixty three •
• sixty four •
• sixty six •
• sixty seven: part one •
• sixty seven: part two •
• sixty seven: part three •
• sixty eight •
• sixty nine •
• seventy: part one •
• seventy: part two •
• seventy: part three •
• epilogue •
on to the next... book #3!

• sixty five •

445 20 48
By ratedJG

Kelly
Wednesday, June 25

"Good Afternoon beauties!"

Today was La's birthday, and she insisted that the only thing she wanted was to finally find the right wedding dress. She has searched everywhere both online and in-store but nothing had the perfect feel. So she invited me, her mother and her bridesmaids to this fancy lil boutique because she felt like that extra support might lead her into finding what she's looking for.

She was the first person I greeted, "Birthday girl!"

"Hey Kelz! You're looking mighty radiant today."

"As are you, my love." I kissed her cheek then moved on to say hello to Mama C, my other girls Ciara, Gabby and Serena... and Kim K.

"So sorry I'm late." I said.

"Surprise, you're actually right on time. I told you noon but the appointment is really at 1."

"Now why'd you do that?"

"Because I already knew yo ass would be late so I gave you a grace period. It worked."

I cringed, "The fact that you had to do all that... I feel bad."

"Girl don't, we're used to it by now." Gabby laughed.

"Just another perk of being the matron of honor." Kim mumbled under her breath sarcastically thinking I didn't hear. I chose to ignore it.

Her and I were friends once upon a time but ever since La and I had moved to Miami together years ago, she started acting funny. I thought we would've became close again when I moved here but instead it turned into a constant battle to one-up me when it comes to La. I don't know if she thinks I'm trying to take La away from her or what. Like, since when can't two mutual friends co-exist?

All I know is her little "beef" with me is petty and one-sided. If she feels so threatened then maybe she should just step her shit up. But I digress.

"Hello ladies, welcome. Can I interest you in some champagne?" the store owner said as she approached us.

"Yes please." we all replied at the same time. Now they're starting to talk my language around here.

"Be right back."

"So La," I began, "did you have a specific type of dress in mind or are you open to anything?"

"Well being picky hasn't gotten me anywhere so far. I don't have much time left so at this point I have no choice but to be open-minded." she replied.

"I have faith in this store. I heard they got some of the best designer dresses in the country."

"I've heard that too. I'm hopeful but the pressure is on. The wedding is only a month away."

"Babe I don't want you to stress about nothing today, just have fun with it. We're all here for you and we gotchu. You will say yes to the dress by the end of this session hunny."

"Gosh you're so corny." she said, laughing at that last sentence.

The owner came back with a serving platter of champagne and little appetizers. Then she took La to the back to find some dresses to try on.

"So how y'all been? Cici how's Russell and the little ones?" I asked.

"They're so good. The kids are a little sad cause they wanted to come down here with me but they'll be iight."

"When are you going back to Seattle?"

"Literally tonight."

"Oh girl, they'll be fine." I chuckled. "Serena how's my little Alexis?"

Serena shook her head, "Thinking she grown."

"Dang she's sassing you already?"

"Sassing is an understatement. She thinks she runs the house. It's cute, but I can't say that around her cause she gon start thinking she can get away with it."

"Chiiiiile, I think we all can relate to this." I said, just remembering that all of us sitting here right now have babygirls.

"Yeah that's definitely Sienna in a nutshell." Ciara laughed. "You just never know what to expect with them. It's kinda scary when they say or do something that reminds you of yourself, like damn I really created a mini me."

"I know right? But at the same time it's truly priceless watching them grow and come into their own."

"Until them attitudes kick in and they start checking you left and right." Ciara joked.

"Girl yes! Gabby you know exactly what we talking about too. Kaav never takes her foot off your neck."

"Shady Baby don't be with the bullshit at all." Gab agreed, shaking her head. "She's never impressed with any of me and Dwyane's antics. We're just not her type of fun."

"Man I love that little girl so much. She is hilarious and such a cutie. Ain't nobody gon mess with her when she gets older, I'll tell ya that."

"They wouldn't dare try." she laughed.

"Kim how's your crew?" Mama C asked, thankfully saving me from the awkwardness of doing it myself.

"Everyone's fantastic, thank you for asking." she replied passive aggressively then gave me a lil side eye like I was supposed to be fazed.

"I still can't believe you guys are all mommies now. There's been so much growth in all these years that I've gotten to know you."

"And only more to come." Ciara winked. "Who y'all think having the next baby?"

Everyone immediately turned their heads to me.

"Aht aht! There must be something over my shoulder cause I know y'all not looking at me."

"You should've saw it coming sis." Gabby teased.

"No ma'am. I was expecting y'all to say Serena, or maybe Kim."

"Leave me out of this." Kim said with a whole lotta attitude in her voice while Cici and Serena tried to shush her. Lord have mercy, this was gonna be a long day. I'm already tired.

As time passed by, La came in and out a total of three times with three different dresses that she picked.

She looked fabulous in all of them, but nothing compared to this last one that she was currently wearing.

"Soooo... what y'all think?" she asked shyly. We just sat there speechless while our emotions started running through us.

"You look so beautiful my baby." Mama C whispered while crying. "I think this is the one."

"It's perfect for you." Ciara chimed in, and the rest of the girls agreed.

"Don't make me cry guys." La said while fanning her eyes. "Kelz do you like it?"

"I love it babe. You look like the queen you are. I think it would be an amazing choice but it's really up to you. If you feel like you still wanna try some more on then-"

Kim groaned, "Oh come on! If everyone already approves then what's the point in asking her? Why is her opinion so important?! We all agree it's the right dress so why would she waste her time trying on other ones? This is stupid."

"Kim what is your problem with me?!" I snapped. I didn't wanna do this but she's on like strike 10. "You been sneak dissing me since I got here. I did nothing to you, hell I've never done anything to you, so what's the fucking issue?"

"Oh goodness. Here we go." Ciara mumbled.

"We warned her." Serena shrugged.

"My issue is that you get all this special treatment as if you're La's only friend. She puts you on a pedestal and you think you're better than everyone because of it."

"Bitch are you dumb or what? Which pedestal does she put me on? We're all her best friends here, she looks to each of us for different things.  If you mad cause she picked me as matron of honor and not you then just say so."

"I just think it's unfair."

"And I think you're ungrateful. You're literally sitting here witnessing one of the most important parts of the wedding process yet you throwing shade and acting like a brat. I didn't force her to pick me, I didn't even expect it. But it is what it is so tighten up. I don't see the girls complaining. They know their positions are just as special."

"You good Kelz, trust me." Gabby said.

"See there it is again. You're so full of yourself. You come in late and we're still supposed to do everything you say and let you have the last word. It just doesn't make sense." Kim said, still going.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Girl you're delusional."

"And you're conceited."

"And you're a user. You be so busy worried about how close me and La are that you barely even put in the work to strengthen your own relationship with her. For someone who's so pressed to take my spot, you would think you'd hit her up and hang with her other than when it's convenient for you."

She quickly stood up and tried to come towards me.

"You tryna get buck?! Bitch I'll beat the shit out you, come on." I yelled starting to getting up but Mama C and Gabby stopped me. Meanwhile Cici and Serena were trying to hold Kim back.

"Kelly, remember what you said last month about self-control." La said sternly.

"To hell with all that, she got me fucked up."

"You need to shut that mouth and stop speaking on shit you don't know about." Kim fired back.

"Come shut it for me hoe!"

"Relax honey before they kick us up outta here." Mama C said to me.

I sat back, flipped my hair and crossed my legs then grabbed my glass of champagne to take a sip. "I'm good."

Kim sat back down on her side of the couch all huffing and puffing.

"Well uh... Now that that's over... Alani, are you saying yes to the dress?" Gabby said awkwardly trying to lighten up the mood.

"I- you know what, I'm not even into it anymore. I think we should just call it a day and try again another time."

Now ain't this some shit. Done killed the whole vibe at the worst possible moment. I was right when I said this was gonna be a long day.

*******

"I'm just saying Bey, you need to get your friend before she gets her wig snatched."

"Cut it out with that 'friend' shit. We just cordial." Beyoncé said on the other line of the phone. I had just stepped into the house after running some errands for the rest of the afternoon.

"Man whatever. That bitch really showed her ass today. She was talking slick the entire time we were there, and the moment I actually start entertaining her she wanna get all defensive. Then had the audacity to try and step to me as if she could actually take me."

"It would've been real unfortunate for her if they wasn't holding you back." she laughed.

"I just don't understand what about me makes her so mad. I don't even breathe in that girl's direction, let alone bother her."

"Jealousy is ugly. That's all I'm gonna say."

"At her big age though? And what is she jealous about anyway? It's not like I be telling La to spend more time with me than her other friends, it just happens to be that way. Kim's lucky to still be considered as one of her friends with her iffy ass."

As I was walking through the living room I saw Trey, Kiara and TJ staring at me from the sofa cause apparently I was interrupting their movie.

"Sorry." I mouthed as I walked into the other room. 

"Why you say she's lucky to still be friends with La? What's tea?" Bey asked, continuing the conversation.

"She uses La for her connections to people in the industry and only hits her up as a last resort when all her other friends are unavailable. It's always about what La does for her but what does she ever do for La?"

"Damn. I never noticed that, but now that I think about it..."

"I've noticed for years."

"Have you brought this to La's attention?"

I sighed, "Girl I brought it to everyone's attention today. I feel bad cause it's not my place to say something like that but I was in the heat of the moment. That was the last thing I said before the bitch tried to charge at me."

"Mm mm mm. A mess."

"A hot ass one. I'm not proud of myself for letting her get under my skin like that but I had to let her know what was up."

"Well she definitely got the message. You think you'll be able to be around her during the rest of this wedding planning process?"

"I'ma have to be the bigger person and try. I can be cordial, like you." I replied jokingly. "La's wedding is gonna turn out great no matter what."

"And I'll be sitting right there front row and center enjoying it. Do you think she's upset at you though for what happened today?"

"I hope not, I already feel bad enough. On her damn birthday and everything. I'ma have to call her soon."

Trey walked into the room with TJ and my face lit up, "Hi cutie! Bey I'ma hit you later."

"Alright boo, kiss my nephew for me. Love you."

"Will do, love you too."

We hung up and I opened my arms for Trey to hand TJ to me.

"He was asking for you." Trey said.

I gasped, "He said mama?!"

"Uh, no." He laughed as I gave him a straight face. "Every time my phone would go off and he saw your face on the lockscreen, he would reach for it."

"Awwww, my baby missed me!" I kissed his face and he rested his head on my shoulder as I bounced him.

"What was you talking about on the phone? What happened with Kim?"

I rolled my eyes not really wanting to discuss this topic again. "Long story short, she tried me and we almost fought."

"To make things clear, she was the one tryna run up on me. Before you say anything." I quickly added.

"I wasn't going to." he chuckled. "I'm not even surprised cause it seems like she been beefing with you for a while."

"But is it really beef if she the only one beefing? I ain't never felt the need to argue with or fight the girl until today."

"What made her so upset in the first place?"

"From the moment I walked into the store she had it out for me. I mean yeah I was the last one to arrive but that's besides the point. Almost every time I would speak she would say some shit under her breath or be looking at me like I owe her something. La tried on this beautiful dress and when she asked for my opinion on it, ole girl gon throw a temper tantrum talking bout La puts me on a pedestal and I act like I'm better than everyone. So we started going back and forth and I basically told her she's only friends with La for convenience. I guess I struck a nerve with that one cause that's when... yeah."

"And La ain't say nothing the whole time?"

I paused. I was so riled up when it happened that it didn't even occur to me that La didn't try to stop Kim from going off on me.

"I mean... the only time she spoke up was when she was trying to calm me down."

"Hmmm. I'ma just stay outta y'all business and not say what I really wanna say."

I sighed, "You don't have to say it. I know."

La and I definitely needed to talk sooner rather than later. Of course I was gonna call her to apologize for being part of the reason why today went left, but now I clearly see there's some other things to address as well.

"Mommy." I heard Kiara's voice say from behind me.

I turned to her and smiled, "What's up my love?"

"Were you with godmommy today?"

"I sure was with godmommy today. Was there a message to be sent that I missed?"

"Actually yeah." she looked down nervously and twiddled with her fingers.

"Don't be shy, you can tell me."

"...Can you maybe ask her if I can be a flower girl?"

"Aw Kiki, you know she already gave that to Royalty. You understand why she did that right?"

She frowned, "Because she's Uncle Chrissy's daughter. But I'm the goddaughter... I love Roro but I wanna be in the wedding too."

She has a good point, but I've really been trying not to step on La or the official wedding planner's toes during this whole process. I know I can be a bit overbearing so I've only been doing strictly what they ask me to. Plus with what went down today, I feel like it would be bad timing.

But this seems like something that's been on Kiara's mind for a while and she just didn't know how to bring it up. I place her happiness above everything so if this was gonna make her happy then it wouldn't hurt to try and make it happen.

"Tell you what. I'll talk to your godmother and see if she can add you in with Roro. I think two flower girls would be extra unique."

"You would really do that?"

I held out my pinky for her and she locked hers with mine. "That's how you know I will."

She smiled and hugged my waist, "Thank you so much mommy, you're the best! I don't care what people say, you're super duper nice."

"No problem sweetie- wait a minute, what do they be saying?"

She giggled, "Ohhhh nothing."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 1K 34
Sequel to: One and Only Read the first book before this one! Hope you enjoy!❤️
4.6K 126 14
This is the sequel to my best friend and I'll have the first chapter up as soon as possible!
44K 1.1K 28
I girl who was - just read the book 📖