The Weak RWBY X Malereader

By Wolfinator12

The story of a boy, which people only know as the brother of one of the strongest Huntsman, finally making hi... More

Bio / Prologue
Chapter 1: New Friends, new Enemies, old Problems
Chapter 2: Initiation
Chapter 3: Determination
Chapter 4: The bully
Chapter 5: First steps
Chapter 6: Helping a friend
Chapter 7: Back in Beacon / Author problems
Chapter 8: An eventful day
Chapter 9: The Phantom strikes again
Chapter 10: Dance Dance Phantom
Chapter 11: First mission.
Chapter 12: Opposites
Chapter 13: Juniper vs Sobek
Chapter 14: the Breach
Chapter 15: Let the Games begin
Chapter 16: JNPR vs BRNZ
Chapter 17: Strange day
Chapter 18: The Phantoms new Arsenal
Chapter 19: Choices
Chapter 20: Plans
Chapter 21: First steps once again
Chapter 22: Training and new stuff
Chapter 23: An (un)familiar face
Chapter 24: Quoteth the Raven
Chapter 25: Back together.
Chapter 26: New secrets revealed.
Chapter 27: Cinder Falls
Chapter 28: Peace in war
Chapter 29: Date plans
Chapter 30: Date the second.
Chapter 31: Date with the Cat
Chapter 32: Cheering up the Phantom and dating the Dragon
Chapter 33: Achive Men and Hunters
Chapter 34: Y/n doesnt like trains
Chapter 35: Dead?
Chapter 36: Fighting the lack of interest
Chapter 37: Argus
Chapter 39: Slaying the Leviathan
Chapter 40: The flying city
Chapter 41: Official
Chapter 42: First big changes
Chapter 43: 'Icecream' they scream
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: The End

Chapter 38: What?

3.7K 67 85
By Wolfinator12

"WHAT!?" it echoed over the military base in Argus.

Y/n: "I am Major Y/n Jade and request immediate transport of me and my group to the HQ in Atlas." Y/n repeated with practiced authority. The woman he said that to wasn't all to keen to hear all of that.

Caroline Cordovin: "You better listen here boy, it is a crime to go around and act like an Atlas officer." she said seething in anger.

Y/n: "Good thing I am not acting. Here is my ID." Y/n fished out his scroll and showed her his identification. The moment she saw it she paled and a paniced looked came to her face as she quickly saluted.

Cordovin: "I apologize for the distrust sir!" she said.

Y/n: "At ease. Now about that transport."

Cordovin: "I am sorry, but under the generals orders no Bullheads are allowed to enter Atlas' airspace."

Yang: "Why?"

Cordovin: "That is classified."

Weiss: "Even Y/n is not allowed to know?" Cordovin looked at Weiss.

Cordovin: "Oh Mrs. Schnee it is a pleasure to see you are all well and fine, your father will be excited to hear." Y/n glared at the woman who began to shake nervously.

Y/n: "Her father held her captive in her own home and went as far as hitting her. He doesn't care about her, her sisters or her mothers well being, all the three are to him are trophies. Things to show off to other rich snobs with sticks so far up their asses that they can't even look at one another without their noses raised to the sky." The group looked at Y/n shocked at what he said but Weiss knew it was all the truth. "Now, I will inform the General about the delay and lets both pray that he can forget the reason for said delay. Come on guys, we are done here." Y/n began to walk off.

Cordovin: "Wait!" he turned to look at her. "I will have a bullhead ready by tomorrow morning." Y/n smiled and nodded.

Y/n: "Till tomorrow then." With that the group left but on their way out Y/n saw something wierd. One of the guards at the gate has been replaced by a woman, nothing out of the ordinary, guards switch all the time, Y/n thought, but on second glance it was a bit confusing why only one was switched. Maybe they only switch one at the time, was the decision Y/n made and so he didn't really plan on making a mental note, that was until he saw it. The womans eyes changed color, the blueish green eyes swaped with hetrochromatic, brown and pink ones, but after blinking they were back to blueish green. Y/n swore he saw them change color, he swore he saw a small tug of a smile yet he couldn't be certain. And so he choose to ignore it.

Oscar: "What now?"

Ren: "I reckon we can relax for the rest of the day."

Y/n: "Maria? Could you train Ruby in the use of Silver Eyes?"

Qrow: "How will she be able to help?" the uncle asked.

Maria: "I am a Silver Eyed Warrior, or was before loosing my eyes." the elderly lady informed. "But how do you kno- oh, the relic of course. Are you sure you should use it like that?"

Blake: "I see nothing wrong with knowing as much as possible. Although I am interested, are there any limits?" Blake asked.

Y/n: "I can't ask questions about the future. I can't ask for things that happen right now. I can't ask more questions then Jinn is willing to answer. I can't force her to answer. I have to ask questions to get answers and these question have to have a clear answer." Y/n counted off. "For the supposed lack of limitations there are quiet a lot still."

Pyhrra: "So Maria will train Ruby. What will the rest do?"

Yang: "I guess whatever we want?" Yang said shrugging.

Weiss: "I would love to have a look around town."

Ren: "Nora and I planned on going on a date."

Y/n: "Ok so we will split up for today, don't forget to stock up on new ammo, we hopefully won't need it but you can never know."

Qrow: "I will continue training Oscar, Rae wanna help?"

Raven: "Sure, someone has to actually teach him while you try to show off." She said with a smirk.

Qrow: "Not cool."

Y/n: "Calm down, calm down. Everyone fine with meeting back up at Pyhrras at 7 PM?" the group agreed and split up, Y/n went to the closest weapon shop to stock up on ammo. Pyhrra went to spent some time with her mother, Weiss had a relaxing stroll around Argus, Ren and Nora went to an arcade, getting kicked out rather quickly thanks to Noras antics. Qrow and Raven helped Oscar further improve. Yang went out shopping. And Blake wanted to visit the great library of Argus.

Blakes plan unfortunately went south quickly. The entire way there she had the feeling of being watched, everytime she turned around she could swear she saw someone quickly hide in and alleyway or behind a dumpster. She shrugged it off to still being on edge after Haven and so she continued her trip. Soon she reached her destination but before she could start ascending the giant set of stairs leading up to the building her vision faded to black as something hard impacted with the back of her head. The last thing she felt was someone picking her up.

Y/n was humming while walking back to the Nikos residence as his scroll went off. Looking at it he nearly dropped it before turning into his bird form and rushing towards his girlfriends last known position. He arrived only to see Blake being loaded into the back of a van which quickly departed. Landing and turning back he grabbed his scroll and called his friends.

 Y/n: "BLAKE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED! GREY VAN, HEADING TOWARDS THE DOCK DISTRICT!" Y/n ended the call and took of after the car. Thanks to his birdseye view it wasn't all to hard to follow the vehicle and soon Y/n spotted a familiar yellow motorcycle and two black birds following the van with Blake in it. It took them long past dawn till the van finally stopped and two guys got out from the front and a third from the back. Together they grabbed the unconcious Blake and entered an old building. Yang, Raven, Qrow and Y/n gathered in a nearby alley.

Yang: "Lets get in there and kick their asses!" Yang said angrily.

Raven: "We have no idea how many there are."

Qrow: "As much as I hate to admit but she is right. Any idea Y/n?" The fact that he didn't use his nickname showed that this was serious.

Y/n: "Raven?" The woman looked at him. "How does your Semblance work exactly? I know you have to bond with someone to be able to teleport to them, but how do you bond with them?"

Yang: "How will my moms Semblance help us?!" her eyes were red and her hair began to glow.

Y/n: "You need to calm down. We can't risk them noticing us. Because of that I will sneak in, once I am inside I will send you a signal so Raven can open a portal to me." Y/n began to explain the plan. "Who is faster? Yang on her bike or Qrow with his bird form?"

Qrow: "I think I am. Why?"

Y/n: "Head back and gather the rest, tell them to prepare for a fight. Once done send Raven a message." Qrow nodded and flew off. "Ok once Qrow gives the signal Raven opens a portal to him so he and the rest can get here. After we will storm the complex and free Blake."

Raven: "Ok give me your hand." Y/n did and Raven closed her eyes. The feeling of a foreign aura entering his body came over Y/n and a few seconds later Raven stopped the transfer and opened her eyes. "Ok we are bonded, for the time being I can only open a oneway portal to you."

Y/n: "Good enough. Stay ready."

Blake awoke with a startle and tried to scream but a gag made from somekind of cloth muffled her attempts of calling help.

Man: "Hey shut up will ya?" She heard a man say. Looking towards the voice she saw a group of five men playing poker, all had weapons. "Noone will come for you so better stop trying to struggle and make our lives easier."

Man2: "Did that faunus dude say when he will come to pick her up?"

Man3: "Ah what do we care, we got the payment in advance."

Man2: "Well I wouldn't mind having some fun with her, I mean look at that-" A small metal cylinder fell from the roof and landed on the table

Man4: "Hey what is tha-"

Men: "AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" a collective scream of pain erupted from their throats as the small cylindrical object the fourth man saw exploded into a bright light accompanied by a deafening sound. Blake managed to close her eyes and look away in time and so she wasnt as effected. Her heart skipped a beat as she opened her eyes to see the gently smiling Y/n infront of her.

Y/n: "Kept you waiting huh?" He asked as he undid her gag and binds.

Blake: "No, you are just in time." The two shared a kiss before Y/n fished out his scroll and sent Yang the signal. A red portal opened behind him and out came the entire group of friends.

Y/n: "Hope you don't mind that I brought some friends."

Man: "WHO DO YOU THINK YOu are... fuck." The man began shouting but slowed to a halt as he saw the group of armed huntsmen and huntsmen-in-training standing around him and his companions. He did the smartest thing and dropped his weapon, surrendering. "I surrender!" he shouted and one by one so did his fellow kidnappers.

Yang: "Aww I was hoping I can kick some butt." Yang pouted.

Weiss: "We still need to get information out of them." Yang grew a wicked smirk and cracked her knuckles, scaring the kidnappers.

Y/n: "Now, now. Just tell us who hired you and noone will get hurt." Y/n promised while stepping forward.

Man2 : "We don't know man, this faunus dude just handed us a picture of that girl and an envelope of Lien."

Blake: "W-what kind of faunus?" Y/n glanced at his faunus girlfriend and noticed the subtle shaking, she was scared of something.

Man3: "Hard to tell..."

Man4: "He had small horns, almost hidden in his red and black hair."

Blake/Yang: "A-adam..." the two mumbled to themselfs.

Qrow: "Great, we have a psychopath after us..." Qrow said before taking a sip from his flask.

Y/n: "Did he say anything? Why this girl? Where to bring her to? Anything?"

Man: "He just told us that he will come to us and we had 3 days. Today is the second day of those three."

Man2: "Listen we know it was wrong and that we deserve to go to jail but we all have families."

Man3: "Ever since Atlas closed up the need for dock workers declined, we needed the money."

Y/n rubbed the bridge of his nose before looking at the 5 men.

Y/n: "I should hand you over... "he started. "But I can't arrest someone that never did anything wrong now can I?" Y/n asked with a gentle smile. The men looked at him confused.

Man4: "You just let us go?"

Ruby: "You did this to help your family. It might not have been the best way but a good reason."

Blake: "I mean I didn't really get harmed." Blake shrugged.

Y/n: "So what do you say? Will you go back and look for new jobs or do you want to go to jail?"

The five look at eachother before taking of their ski masks.

Van: "Im Van, the guy with the blue eyes is Duke, the one with the goat beard is Mazon, that is Vester and the guy that didn't bother to speak yet is Burgundy." The apperant leader introduced his friends.

Y/n: "Nice to meet you, even if I wish it was under different circumstances. Say how much did Adam pay you?"

Duke: "5k each." Y/n rubbed his chin in thought before nodding to himself and taking out his scroll. The men tensed up in fear of getting the cops called onto their asses but after a few beeps someone picked up and it wasn't a cop.

Cordovin: "Major Jade what can I do for you?"

Y/n: "I have just met 5 old aquaintances of mine who unfortunately lost their jobs at the local docks due to the current lockdown of the kingdoms, would it be possible that you hire them as..." Y/n stopped to think. "Can you wait a moment I have to make sure they are alright." He muted himself so Cordovin won't hear what he will say. "Are you ok with being cleaning personnel at the Atlas base?" the five looked at eachother wide eyed and quickly nodded. Y/n unmuted himself. "Would it be possible to hire them as cleaning personnel?"

Cordovin: "I will have to see them personally first but it should be possible."

Y/n: "That is fine, thank you Cordovin."

Cordovin: "No problem Sir." The call ended and Y/n turned to the men.

Y/n: "Go to the base tomorrow morning, say that Major Jade sent you."

Burgundy: "Why are you doing all this for us? We kidnapped one of your friends."

Y/n: "You were stuck between a rock and a hard place, either letting your families go hungry or result to less legal ways of earning money. You choose the best for your family, willingly risking your freedom. I can respect that and I want to help, it is the right thing to do after all. But it is late and I think we all had an interesting day. Good luck for the future." With that Y/n and his friends left.

Raven: "I think you have been way too nice." Raven said and Y/n glanced at her.

Y/n: "Weren't you the leader of a tribe of bandits that did way worse than a single kidnapping?" That shut her up and made Qrow laugh out loud.

Qrow: "He got you there sis." Y/n looked at Blake and Yang, who both were pale and were shaking ever so slightly.

Y/n: "Blake, Yang, he wont harm you, I promise." Y/n reassured them. "How about you sleep in the same bed as I tonight, maybe it will help you relax?" Y/n offered and the two nodded.

The rest of the day was uneventful and so the next morning came and with it their journey continued.

Or so they thought. The Bullhead barely accelerated as a emergency signal began to echo over Argus.

Signal: "Grimm Imbound, please stay inside and stay calm. Grimm Imbound, please stay inside and stay calm." It only repeated looped and looped and Y/n went to the cockpit, his face pale from the effects of his motion sickness.

Y/n: "Connect me with Cordovin." Y/n ordered and he was promptly handed a little radio device. "What is the situation?"

Cordovin: "Multiple big Grimm signitures closing in from the sea. One bigger than anything we have ever seen." Y/n looked at his friends who all were already getting prepared for the coming fight.

Y/n: "Turn this bird around. Cordovin, prepare the defenses, have Bullheads hover over the town, all civilian ships are to imediately return to harbor and send out the battleships."

Cordovin: "Yes S- i.. Si-r?!" The radio began to crackle and cut out.

Y/n: "Cordovin? Cordovin can you hear me?"

Cordovin: "T- Si--al -ff." Was all that came over the radio.

Y/n: "Shit! Phyrra." The girl looked at her leader. "Does Argus have a CCT Transmitter?"

Phyrra: "Yeah, there is one just a few minutes south from the town."

Y/n: "Ok, Yang, Blake and I will go check it out, Ruby, you are in charge while I am gone." The girl nodded and Y/n looked Raven. "I will go ahead open a portal to me in... 10 minutes. Yang and Blake will join me then." Raven nodded. "Open the hatch!"

Pilot: "Sir we ar-"

Y/n: "OPEN THE DAMN HATCH SOLDIER!"

Pilot: "Sir, yes Sir!" The hatch opened and Y/n was gone in the blink of an eye. While heading towards the position of the transmittor he heard a loud roar as a gigantic bipedal crocodile looking grimm emerged from the waves. A multitude of flying Grimm could be seen at the horizon and the waters around the Leviathan swarmed with Snap Jaws and Sea Kings.

Ruby: "Ok guys focus the flying ones!" Ruby said as she took aim at the Grimm. Bullets began to whizz through the air as clouds of dissintegrating Grimm formed in the sky. Atlasian Bullheads and Battleships departed from the base and soon unleashed hell on the army heading towards Argus. Explosions echoed over the sea as shells impacted the front of the Leviathan but all it did was merely slow it down.

Meanwhile Y/n reached his destination and not a moment later a red portal opened next to him with Yang and Blake stepping out.

Yang: "Say why did you choose us?" the brawler asked.

Y/n: "Because we will be facing Adam." The two girls froze in shock. "I am sorry but you need to face him and your fears of him. Today we have to set an end to his reign of terror over you."

Adam: "I doubt that." The three dodged the incoming sword slash and Y/n managed to kick Adam back.

Blake: "Why do all of this?! You have lost! The white fang abandoned you!" Blake shouted while shooting at Adam, who just scoffed as he dodged the bullets only to be hit by a fist.

Adam: "YOU abandoned US! YOU abandoned ME! I loved you!" Adam shouted as he tried to cut Yang but his attack was quickly blocked by Y/n.

Y/n: "Not really showing that love. Or is that a psychopath thing?" This angered Adam who began to speed up to the point of leaving after images, but he was not fast enough to escape Y/ns watchful eyes. His attack was blocked and quickly answered by two punches and a bunch of cuts from the black and yellow duo. The fight continued as more and more explosioned echoed over the forest.

The Leviathan has reached the protective hard light shield surrounding Argus and the few civilians that went against the orders of the military watched in horror as it began to spew lightning at the protective bubble. It was about to break through as an equally oversized robot tackled it to the ground. It was Atlas' biggest project right after the CCT and the Floating City, the ADM, Argus Defense Mech. It took over one thousand engineers, technicians, weapons manifacturer and metal workers more than 3 years to build but now it stood as a sign of Atlas' power. One mechanical hand began to shift and turned into a cannon as Cordovin, who was piloting the mech herself, smirked and unloaded nearly all of the ice dust she had, freezing the behemoth to the ground.

Ruby/Nora: "AWESOME!!" the two squealled.

Weiss/Ren: "RUBY/ NORA!" they were quickly called back.

Oscar: "What am I even doing? I don't have a ranged weapon!"

Pilot: "We have a mounted machine gun if you want." The pilot offered.

Oscar: "This sounds like..."

The sound of over two thousand bullets a minuted rang through the bullhead as Oscar began to spray down one grimm after the other.

Oscar: "... SO MUCH FUN!" he cheered.

A heavily bruised Adam was flung through multiple trees thanks to the combined attack of a very angry Yang, Y/n and Blake. All three of the huntsmen-in-training were sweating alot from the constant fighting but they could not afford to loose focus. The whole fight Adam only was getting faster and faster, to the point of even Y/n having difficulties following his movements, but with the increase of speed came a decrease in accuracy and power. Hits would go wide or barely require any strength to be blocked. Y/n knew that Adam was running out of steam but this time he would not allow the faunus to escape. A plan formed in his head as he smirked. With a subtle hand gesture he told his companions to take a step back from him as his eyes began to glow. Out of the bushes a red blurr emerged as it soared towards the smirking Y/n. A red blade soared towards the light blue themed boy but it stoped short of reaching Y/ns neck. A cough was heard.

Y/n: "Got ya." Y/n said as 4 blades protude out of the bull faunus' back, crimson beginning to seep through his clothes. Adam cough up some more blood as he looked at Y/n in shock. "What? Did you think just because I am the good guy that I won't kill you?"

 Yang: "How dumb can you be?" Yang smirked, but Y/n knew she was afraid.

Adam: "So... This" he coughs. "Is how." A grunt. "I die?" Y/n gently laid Adam on the ground and retracted his blades. Blake and Yang stood next to him.

Blake: "I am sorry, but you had to be stopped." Blake said gently. Adam didn't answer as his glare disappeared and a small smile came on his lips.

Adam: "Not... too bad... to be ... honest..." His eyes close as Blake grabbed his hand and leaned down. Giving him one last kiss, for old times sake.

Y/n: "May you find peace Adam." The trio stood around the fallen faunus as they listened the the distant sounds of battle. "Lets get this transmitter fixed so Cordovin can better coordinate the troops.

Thats it for this chapter. I want to apologize for the long wait, I had, or better yet still have some problems at work which left me both physically and mentally drained, to the point of just wanting to go to bed. I hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless.

There isn't really much else to say other than that I am thinking about starting a one-shot book where I write short stories that I don't yet plan on turnng into something bigger. Let me know what you think down in the comments.

Other than that, stay safe and healthy. Have a nice week and I will hopefully see you next chapter.

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 702 18
Male Reader x Bully RWBY Story. (Y/n) Hunter. A quiet boy who keeps to himself mostly. With No semblance or aura, he's pictured as the weakest hunter...
39.8K 917 150
When a seventeen year old orphan with extraordinary physical abilities beyond anyone's comprehension and a genius-level intellect who is a huge fan o...
120K 3.6K 25
''Don't worry, I'm the Strongest.''
7.4K 60 29
Y/N L/N was a young man who had big dreams. He dreams to become the best Huntsman in all of Remnant. For some bullshit reason, he's been expelled fro...