Room Service |:| Luke Hemmings

By xcoolx3

"I'm pretty sure this is against the rules." "Fuck the rules." More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
0.10
0.11
0.12
0.13
0.14
0.15
0.16
0.17
0.18
0.19
0.20
0.21
AN
0.22
0.23
0.24
0.25
0.26
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
Playlist
1.14
1.15
Note

1.6

1.3K 27 5
By xcoolx3

Stormella

I laid there, pretending to sleep.

The second I heard that sliding door open I closed my eyes.

I barley slept the night before. I was disgusted with what had happened last night with Ashton. I know Luke and I weren't ever a thing but he and Ashton were best friends and he's trying to help himself. Me showing up and fooling around with his best friend is scummy.

I heard the sound of a cabinet. I slightly opened one eye, peeking to see who was awake.

I immediately recognized Luke.

He still made my stomach do flips.

I hated that.

I kept an eye on him as he turned towards me. He stared at me.

For a second I almost thought he might've noticed I could see him. He sat down though, at the table. His eyes stayed on me and it made me want to get up and run off.

Eventually he pulled out his phone and focused on it instead.

I took this opportunity to get in a more comfortable position.

Luke

It didn't take long for me to realize that Stormella was awake.

About ten minutes after I sat down, she had moved a total of three times. Most people don't move that much while sleeping.

And before you say anything, we've obviously slept in the same bed before. I know how she sleeps.

Something about it bothered me though.

Why would she pretend to sleep? Why cant she just try to have a normal conversation with me? I get that I was an asshole but she can still talk to me a little.

I opened my big dumb mouth.

"I know you're awake."

There was silence.

I watched her, she stiffened ever so slightly at my words.

More silence.

Seriously?

"Sorry. I didn't sleep much, I was trying to see if I could fall back asleep." She said with a sleep filled voice.

I smacked myself mentally.

I should have known.

"Oh, sorry." I said, feeling embarrassed.

Then she sat up a little and I couldn't ignore how nervous I felt.

"It's fine, I was gonna get up soon anyways.

Silence filled the empty spaces again.

Our eyes locked on one another, her gaze was guarded but wanted to be welcoming. I could tell by how she kept furrowing and unfurrowing her brows slightly.

"So how are you Luke?"

Something about the way she said my name made me want to go back to a year and a half ago, only for her.

Maybe she had changed more than I thought? Her skin was just a little more tan than usual, and she had a purple stripe in her hair.

I did not miss the fact that she was wearing Ashtons crew shirt. I ignored the feeling it provoked in me though.

"I'm fine." 

She looked bored from my answer.

"Just fine?" She paused and looked unsure but continued after a moment. "How are you really? You know what I mean."

The question made me feel gross. How was I? Good question, you don't wanna know.

"Like I said, fine. I'm in the middle, not great and not low so fine."

I knew what she was asking, I just didn't want to answer.

A look of annoyance quickly replaced her guarded look.

"Luke. Quit being difficult, I'm trying to make things kinda normal." She seemed frustrated.

"Things won't be normal." Now my big dumb mouth was opening again. "You think we'll ever be able to get along again? Or be what, friends?" As this was coming out of my mouth I couldn't stop it. I wanted to but something about the situation and how I felt made me act like a wild animal. Quick to irritate and ready to bite. "Do you think we actually have a chance to have a normal healthy relationship? Because if you do, you are wrong. Completely."

This is why she was pretending to sleep. Cause I'm a lit fuse ready to explode any second.

Just like that, the look I had seen on her face a million times before returned.

That is not what I meant to say.

"I am not worth your time." I said honestly. The words were finally finding me. "We won't be able to have a normal relationship because we've never had one. Even if you try, I'm always going to be weird and respond how I used to. I still don't know how to respond the right way. I want you to know that."

Now she was confused and maybe I was too. Clearly proving my statement as I said it.

"What? I was just trying to treat you like a friend." She was getting mad, of course I pissed her off. It's what I do best.

"You can't."

Now her arms were crossed and she wasn't hiding the anger on her face anymore.

"Why can't I?"

"It's like I just said we've never had."

The sliding door opened and out stepped a shirtless Ashton.

As much as I was annoyed to see him, I was just as relieved. I would keep my big dumb mouth shut now.

He wasn't an idiot though. He could tell by our body language that we were clearly having an unpleasant conversation.

He looked between the two of us, holding his eyes on me longer with a warning look.

"We have to leave in a few hours." He said to me. Then he looked to Stormella. "You want breakfast?"

I glanced to her to see her shake her head.

"You sure?"

"Yea, I should probably head back before Kylie freaks out." She pushed the blankets off herself and stood up scanning the room for something.

"Ash have you seen my clothes?"

Ash. Ash? ASH!

For some reason that was what did it for me. We literally all call him Ash but for some reason, when she did it, I just couldn't hold it together anymore.

I slammed my hands down on the table and closed my eyes and gave them one good roll so no one could see. When I opened them again they were both watching me. Ashton looked disgusted and Stormella looked annoyed.

I bit my tongue to keep the stupidity inside me. I then, worked on the breathing exercises that my therapist told me to do when I felt an overwhelming amount of negative emotions.

"They're over by the edge of the couch. I thought." Ashton said. I kept my eyes closed and focused on my breathing. I could hear them moving around.

"Oh there they are." Stormella said relieved. I heard some more rustling and then Ashton spoke.

"You can keep that, I have a couple others."

"Are you sure?"

"Yea."

I finished the exercises and opened my eyes to see them hugging.

"Thank you Ashton, I'm glad I got to see you guys again."

He giggled before responding.

"Me too, I don't know when we'll be back in the area but I'll send you a message and we can get together."

"That's a good idea."

They finally let go of each other.

"I'll see you sometime." She smiled, and then looked to me. It was all over her face, she did not want to acknowledge me.

"Good to see you Luke."

The way she said it sounded so genuine. She even looked like she meant it. As she turned back to Ashton though, I noticed her sigh and seem a little more relaxed.

Do I really make her feel that way?

Of course you do idiot.

"Tell the other two I said bye."

Ashton nodded and pulled her into one more hug before she headed for the door.

"Let me know if you need anything." He called to her.

She gave him a thumbs up and opened the door, letting in a bright beam of sunlight before the door closed and her and the light were gone.

Then it was just Ashton and I.

He pulled out a box of cereal and a bowl before sitting across from me. As he poured the cereal in the bowl he gave a look. I was not ready for the lecture I was about to get.

Stormella

On my way back to the tent I kept smiling at the shirt in my hands. It was so dumb but I couldn't help but feel happy looking at it. It was sweet of him to let me have it. It even had his name on the back. I couldn't wait to show Kylie.

•••••

Hey guys, sorry it was so long since the last update. I've been a bit stressed and distracted. I hope you all enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 52 15
Imagines about 5sos and all that stuff Requests are open!