Fated To Love You (ON HIATUS)

By scarlettrosie

A story about a primary school teacher named Park Chaeyoung who is fated to meet a good-looking divorced man... More

Prologue - Characters
Chapter 1 - First meeting
Chapter 2 - Treat
Chapter 3 - Captivated
Chapter 4 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 1)
Chapter 5 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 2)
Chapter 6 - Friend?
Chapter 7 - Pasta
Chapter 8 - Ed Sheeran
Chapter 9 - Fate
Chapter 10 - Lunch
Chapter 11 - Hospital
Chapter 12 - His parents
Chapter 13 - Movie
Chapter 14 - Jennie
Chapter 15 - Dinner party
Chapter 16 - Dance
Chapter 17 - Date
Chapter 18 - Archery
Chapter 19 - School trip
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Chapter 21 - Barbeque
Chapter 22 - Confront
Chapter 23 - Comeback
Chapter 24 - Scared
Chapter 25 - Birthday
Chapter 26 - Proposal
Chapter 27 - Her wish
Chapter 28 - Rage
Chapter 29 - I'm sorry

Chapter 30 - Trust

2.5K 101 41
By scarlettrosie

P/s : Jungkook's cover is so beautiful and plus this is one of my favourite songs. I ended up playing this song while writing this chapter❤️

She dressed up herself pretty decent after having small breakfast with Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung looked so solemn these past few days and she wondered why. She did intend to ask her but seeing how Chaeyoung shrugged it off with a plastered smile on her face made her intention halt.

Lisa went to the restaurant she was supposed to have her lunch with Taehyung right after she bid her goodbye to her best friend. A wide smile stretched on her bright face as Taehyung kept on sending apology texts to her because he suddenly had to settle a matter instantaneously when he was supposed to pick her up. Lisa thought it was cute because he was so flustered when she teased him but nevertheless she was sitting on the table reserved for both of them, patiently waiting for the man to appear. There is no turning back now she knew but it was never wrong to give a try isn't it?

"I'm sorry I'm late," his husky voice greeted her which made her lifted up her gaze from the phone.

She gave out a smile, "it's okay. You're not that late."

"But still I'm late," he smiled guiltily but Lisa made sure he was feeling comfortable with her. She understood his obligations because Chaeyoung used to tell her about his career. She knew how busy Taehyung as a person yet he still allocated time for their lunch which she was really grateful for.

How much more charming he can be?

"Shall we?" Her thought suddenly was cut off with his question.

"Yes we should," Lisa let out a giggle seeing how formal he acted in front of her. That made him grin and both of them let out a small laugh.

Lisa learned new things about Taehyung during their lunch because they surely talked a lot about themselves. Taehyung told her about his current life and she did too as well. He was so inspiring and she admired him a lot particularly for his perspective of life. He was modest much to her liking.

After the satisfying meals, Taehyung brought her to the arcade and Lisa was thankful she wore her casual outfits because how weird it would be to wear a skirt while you were in there right? She was having the best time of her life playing and laughing. She laughed when he laughed. She giggled when he pouted disappointingly. At last she found Taehyung's weakness which he was not so good at games. He was a normal human being after all.

"Taehyung, what was that?" Lisa laughed at his attempt to shoot the basketball.

"What? I'm shooting the ball," he replied with a prideful look.

"That's not how shoot the ball. It's like this," with that, Lisa gave a try and her ball precisely hit the loop.

"Okay fine, I admit I'm not good at this," he surrendered as he let out a sigh.

Lisa laughed again seeing his devastated look before patting his shoulder, "it's okay, practice makes perfect."

Taehyung let out a condescending sneer before he let out a small laugh.

In the late evening, both of them were walking side by side, enjoying the chilly evening breeze. She inhaled the fresh scent of the gentle air ruffling through their silhouettes.

"Thanks Lisa. I've forgotten the last time I've had this much fun," Taehyung broke the silence as he kept his stare at the running children in front of them.

"I should be the one who said that," Lisa smiled contently as she spoke, "thank you for today Taehyung."

"You want to go somewhere before I drive you home?" He looked at her with a small smile.

"Hmm...actually I do have one."

"Wow, this is dope!" Taehyung made his way towards the studio, admiring the room as he looked at his surrounding with shining eyes.

"Thank you," Lisa shyly thanked him. She wanted him to be one of the first persons to see her hard work. She had brought Chaeyoung here before and being the creative person she is, Chaeyoung was the one who helped her to decorate her studio. Soon, she would be opening her own dance studio because she had already sent her resignation letter to her current workplace. It was truly a dream come true to see her ambition finally came alive.

"I didn't know you know how to dance," Taehyung looked at her with pure admiration which caused sudden blush on her cheeks.

"I'm not that great but yea I love dancing," she humbly admitted with a small smile.

"That's great! You can do the things that you love. You know I loved cooking since I was a teenager and seeing those satisfying faces when they ate my dishes was indescribable. That's why I opened my own restaurants because I love to cook. You know what they said sometimes when you turn your hobby into a job, it becomes work. So congratulations Lisa! You've done a great job," Taehyung gave a thumb up which caused a wide smile to curve on her face.

Truthfully, hearing someone complimented her for her works really warmed up her heart especially when that someone was a special one for you. When she decided she wanted to be a dance instructor and took the course, her parents were quite disagreed with her choice. They wanted her to have a much more stable work and that contradiction defected their relationship. The disaccord remained in effects, she was not supported by her own parents. She only had her friends during university life which are Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Jennie who gave full support to her. They became her shoulders to lean on and places where she cried her heart out. When she showed her parents how good she was academically and in extracurricular, they slowly displayed acceptance and she broke down when they went to congratulate her wholeheartedly on her graduation day.

And now Taehyung showing his support earnestly boosted up her spirit to advance more in her career.

He is special to her.

Without her realization, tears started to brim inside her eyes indicating how blissful she was.

"Lisa, are you okay?" Taehyung suddenly spoke as he saw her expression. He was frantic with worry if he might offend her.

"Yes I'm fine. I'm sorry for being quite emotional today. It's just...hearing your words made me feel so warm. I used to have disagreement with my parents regarding my dream. They wouldn't support my choice when I voiced out what I wanted to be. When I showed to them how serious I was about my dream, only then they gave me their support. It was tiring initially but as soon as I met Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Jennie, they became the pillar of my strength. They put their trust in me and that what made me strong. Now you're saying I did a good job..I was utterly happy. No, happy was an understatement, I'm blessed."

Lisa wiped her the corner of her eyes with the back of her palms without noticing Taehyung who was stepping closer. Suddenly, she was engulfed into a hug which widened her eyes. She was too shocked to say anything but one thing she felt at that time.

It was so warm, he was warm.

"You've done well Lisa," Taehyung whispered softly which sent butterflies in her stomach.

She wrapped her arms around his torso, tightening the hug, "thank you Taehyung."

If only you knew Taehyung, if only you knew how endlessly I'm in love with you.

Chaeyoung woke up with a small smile on her face. The sun rays peeped through the blinds illuminating the whole room with its warmth and brightness. She shifted her body the right and her smile grew wider. Jungkook was sleeping there soundly while facing her. His face was perfectly calm with even rhythm of breathing. His hair messily framed his face and the sunlight made him looked more ethereal. They were watching movies together last night which ended up with him sleeping on the same bed with her. She shifted her position closer towards him and continued to admire his features. Her heart raced with the intimacy but she loved it because it was thrilling.

"Take picture it will last longer," Jungkook suddenly spoke with his eyes closed. Blood rushed to her cheeks as she was caught red-handed, shamelessly admiring his face. Jungkook opened his eyes and stared directly into her orbs.

"Good morning princess," Jungkook greeted her with his husky morning voice, flashing his charming smile.

"Good morning Kookie," Chaeyoung grinned innocently, satisfied with her nickname for him.

"Kookie?"

"Hmm Kookie. That's my nickname for you," she smiled at him, bopping his nose with her finger.

Jungkook sheepishly smiled hearing her endearment and swore he was head over heels for her. If she asked him to jump off the building he bet he would. God knew how alluring she looked in front of him, her messy brown locks was appealing and those eyes he boundlessly drowned in were enchanting.

"You're beautiful," he said.

"Stop it," she covered her face with both of her palms, embarrassed with his sudden expression.

"No I mean it, you're beautiful," he kept on complimenting her while taking her hands off her face.

Chaeyoung stared into his eyes as he said those words. Jungkook was effortlessly charming and she wondered how he could be so calm expressing his words unlike her who was frantically stuttering or speechless.

"How long are you gonna stare at me? Come on, you'll be late to go to your parents' house," Chaeyoung woke up, pulling Jungkook up with her causing him to groan in dissatisfaction.

"Jungkook come on! Stop pulling me back, yah!" She was laughing when she scolded him as he tried to pull her down.

He bellowed a laugh as she tried hard to pull him up which he then obeyed to by waking up and stood on his feet. He trapped her with his arms, pulling her closer.

"Come with me. I'm sure eomma would be thrilled to see you," he popped a request.

"You're sure? I hope I'm not disrupting anything," she questioned.

"No you won't, believe me," he assured her.

With that, she agreed to him, "okay then."

Chaeyoung left a message to Lisa who was probably worrying about her whereabouts. It was kind of weird because she tried to call her a few times but none of her calls was answered by her. Usually Lisa would be very swift in answering calls and messages and when she did not, Chaeyoung could not help to feel worried.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jungkook noticed the woman beside her has a bothersome look on her face since the moment they went inside his car. "You seem uneasy."

"Oh am I? Nothing, it's just I tried to call Lisa but she answered none of my calls. I'm quite worry of her," she answered with a small frown.

"I'm sure she's fine, Chae. Maybe she's still asleep. She will call you back that's for sure," Jungkook smiled as he made a final turn towards their destination.

"Okay we've arrived. Let's go," Jungkook unbuckled the seat belt and she did the same. Both of them went off the car while he carried a bag full of Joon Hyung's necessities.

Jungkook took her hand into his as they made way into the house. Chaeyoung suppressed a smile as she tightened her hold on his hand, bowing slightly to the maids who were warmly welcoming them.

"Eomma! Appa!" Jungkook called for his parents as they went to the spacious living room. "Hmm weird. I'm sure I gave a call before we come here".

Chaeyoung looked at him, "maybe they're at the back?"

"Maybe. Let's go," he pulled her hand along as he walked towards the dining room.

"Eom-," Jungkook suddenly stopped as he noticed the figures in front of him. His hold suddenly tightened around her hand as he kept his gaze straight.

Chaeyoung looked at the direction he was looking at and her heart skipped a beat.

"What are you doing here?" he asked coldly.

Min Young averted her gaze from his parents to him. She gave Jungkook a smile before her eyes travelled to their interlocked hands. That smile suddenly disappeared before she looked at her with an unreadable gaze.

"Jungkook son you're here," his mother stood up before making her way towards both of them with a wide smile. Her mother hugged him before she went to Chaeyoung, that smile never left her face.

"Chaeyoung dear! I miss you," she said, a quite loud to her hearing before engulfing her into her embrace. "Don't worry sweetheart. It's nothing that she's here," she whispered softly into her ear as she broke the hug.

Chaeyoung flashed a small smile, "I miss you too aunt."

"Jungkook dear can you take Min Young to the backyard? I'm sure she has something to say," Jungkook looked at his mother with a questioning look before he turned towards Chaeyoung.

"Don't worry about her. Let me have Chaeyoung for a while okay?" Her mother pulled Chaeyoung's arm which caused her to let out a small laugh.

"Go Jungkook, I'll be fine," Chaeyoung smiled reassuringly.

I trust you.

"Chaeyoung dear, I bet you've already met Min Young aren't you?" Jiwoo took a sip of coffee while glancing at her.

"Yes aunt. I met her a few times before," Chaeyoung fidgeted her fingers, forcing a smile.

"So you know about their history don't you?" She carefully asked her while observing her expression.

"Mhmm I know. Jungkook told me," she answered. Honestly, when Jungkook told her about his past relationship, she felt quite jealous of the woman who was able to steal his heart. How lucky she was to be a part of his life and at the same time, feeling dejected as she could feel his despair from that relationship. She guessed even a very good man could be hurt by his loved one, how cruel this world is.

"You know Chaeyoung. His father and I opposed their relationship because we wanted him to focus more on building his career. It wouldn't be a problem if he didn't neglect his own self while dating her but he did. I believe that love is not about only receiving but you also have to give. But in his case, I don't think he received much you know. Can you call it's love when the only thing you feel is pain? No I don't think so. Neglecting his parents, friends and himself so that he could attend to all her needs. That's not love. I believe love is when you support each other and bring the best out of your partner," Jiwoo smiled painfully reminiscing past memories.

"The last thing every mother wants for her child is seeing them hurt. I was hurt when I saw how hard he tried to get back when she left him. He suffered too much to find himself after she left him with their child. He was too young back then and there's nothing happier for me when I saw him stood back stronger than before. He became matured and I guessed that's how life works. Whether you're able to pull back yourself out and drown into the dark hole, you're the one who decide," Jiwoo looked at her softly when Chaeyoung squeezed her hand.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I never know how hard it was for him back then," Chaeyoung bit her lip when she felt sudden sadness stung.

"It's okay sweetheart," Jiwoo squeezed back her hand smiling tenderly.

"I can see now he became a lot more happier these days. I believe it's because of you," Jiwoo caressed her cheeks before she continued, "please...make Jungkook happy."

"What is it that you wanted to say?" He stood in front of her, crossing both of his arms while keeping a straight face.

"I came here because I really wanted to apologize. I want to apologize to your parents and most importantly to you for my past behaviour. I know it may be hard for you to forgive me but at least I tried," Min Young said with a soft voice, her expression was tainted with hurt and remorse but nevertheless she forced a smile.

"Jungkook?" She said his name softly, afraid if he had already fallen asleep.

"Hmm?" He answered before turning to face Chaeyoung, noticing her contemplated to say something.

"Why?" He shifted his head to face her properly as she did the same.

"I just wonder if...if you will forgive Min young for what she had done in the past if she ever apologize to you?" She asked him timidly.

"Hmm it's hard to answer that. I mean if she sincerely asks for forgiveness then I won't hold any grudge at her. But you know what people said, it maybe easy to forgive but it never be easy to forget," he heaved out a sigh.

"I understand but I really hope that you will forget the past and move on. I don't want you to be hurt anymore if you keep on remembering the past," she whispered tenderly.

"Yeah I know but I really think I've moved on you know," he chuckled before continuing, "I'm looking forward for the future now."

He noticed a tiny blush appeared on her cheeks as she bit her lower lip, "okay," she answered.

Chaeyoung shifted closer as she put her head in the crook of his neck and Jungkook smiled intently at the gesture. He took her into his arms as he inhaled her calming scent, kissing the crown of her head.

"I like this. You're so warm," she murmured, her warm breath caressed his neck. Jungkook was quite surprised with her boldness that night but indefinitely content with her letting him in. It was a few moments later when her soft snore could be heard. Jungkook tightened his hold around her smiling with his eyes closed.

"Mhmm...I hope we can stay like this," he murmured as sleep slid in.

"You've already forgiven Min Young. But never expect that we can return to the old us because it will never happen," Jungkook said firmly.

"I know Jungkook. It'll be hard to return to the old days," she smiled painfully. "But it's enough for me that you've already forgiven me. Thank you," she took his hand squeezing it gratefully.

Jungkook averted his gaze to her, noticing her teary eyes which made his stony expression softened.

"I hope we can at least be friends," she cheerfully chimed while wiping the corner of her eyes.

"I'm fine with that," he replied.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : Well well well. Jungkook learn to let go of the past and look Min Young and he have become friends. Chaeyoung also learn to let people in and she starts to find her own happiness. But you know when people said sometimes too much happiness can be followed by sorrow, do you agree with this? And yeah! I finally managed an update sorry for the long awaited chapter😢😢 Enjoy everyone!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 2.9K 179
"Chaeyoung -" Taehyung reached out to hold her hand, but was pushed away by her. Chaeyoung tore the notebook into pieces and then threw the pieces ou...
124K 3K 34
Taehyung bullies Lisa because she is not pretty at all. She then confess to him that she likes him. He doesn't except it and embarrass her. She came...
4.6K 220 25
A rosekook fan fiction whose story is based on a tv show... it is gonna be different from all other fan fictions... here you will not see any start o...
40.8K 1.6K 37
"Hey." I said to the girl. She looked up from her book and smiled. "Hi." She said back, staring at me with a wide grin. "I'm Jisoo. What about you?"...