SNL 2020

By ginaddict

It's a new year...no actually, it's a new decade and this love relationship is adding another year in it's ma... More

Fuck This Shit
What?! Pt1
What?! Pt2
Confrontation Pt1
Confrontation Pt2
Limbo Pt1
Limbo Pt2
Open Communication Pt1
Open Communication Pt2
Take Two Pt1
Take Two Pt2
Take Two Pt3
Take Two Pt4
Take Two Pt5
Hurdle
Concepts
NDA
Ring Talk Pt1
Ring Talk Pt2
Ring Talk Pt3
Gloomy January
Sad Disappointment
Dictatorship
Post Valentines
Killer Sex Appeal
Virus
Stuck
A Job Well Done
Surprise Dinner pt1
Surprise Dinner pt2
Cravings
Ranting Squirrel
No April's Fool pt1
No April's Fool pt2
No April's Fool pt 3
No April's Fool pt4
The Biggest Jerk pt1
The Biggest Jerk pt2
The Men With Plans
Losing Battle pt1
Losing Battle pt3
UGH!
Two Heads
Mr.Wild Side
Lucky
Short Shorts
Engagement Gift
ShopBoy
Current Favorite
Productive
A Morning Discussion
Episode Pt1
Episode Pt2
Episode Pt3
Flaws
GrandMa
Devil's Advocate pt1
Devil's Advocate pt2
JiJi's Night
Giving In pt1
Giving In pt2
Giving In pt3
Mrs.Lim pt1
Mrs.Lim pt2
Mrs.Lim pt3
Museleom Again
Hard Bite
Ring Robber
Hickeys
Roles pt1
Roles pt2
Prenup List pt1
Prenup List pt2
Future Stepdaddy
Missed Dinner pt1
Missed Dinner pt2
Missed Dinner pt3
Phone Day
Hang Out pt1
Hang Out pt2
King Stan
Melons and Brats pt1
Melons and Brats pt2
Spring Cleaning in the Summer
Notes and Letters pt1
Notes and Letters pt2
Notes and Letters pt3
Frustrated
Cuddling with the Rain
JR in the Museleom
French Guy
Sexy Fantasy
A Good Daughter In Law pt1
A Good Daughter in Law pt2
Plots
Stumble and Fall
Ranting Time
Human Vs. Pooch
Homebound
Just Live
Back in His Arms
United Front
Misfortunes
More Ramblings
Pantry or Dick
Love Potion
Hormonal
Defensive pt1
Defensive pt2
Secretive
Exhausting
Weird Games
RoadTrip pt1
Roadtrip pt2
Resilient
Reconciliation
Intention
Future Karma
Spots
Justice Warrior
Adorable
Screen Fatigue
Budget
Housekeeper, Jacuzzi and Flu Shots
Progress
Curb Your Enthusiasm pt1
Curb Your Enthusiasm pt2
Get Together
Over Caffeinated
Friends
A Business Broker pt1
A Business Broker pt2
What A Mess
Mooncakes
Strong
Sibling Spat
Beloved pt1
Beloved pt2
Beloved pt3
Socializing pt1
Socializing pt3
Socializing pt3
Made Bed
The Door pt1
The Door pt2
The Door pt3
Xiao Long Bao
Ski Trip Again?! pt1
Ski Trip Again?! pt2
Ski Trip Again?! pt3
Ski Trip Again?! pt4
Ski Trip Again?! pt5
Just A Tad Wet
Baby Dream
Pancake Weekend
Different Planes
Comparison
Spooky QingYu pt1
Spooky QingYu pt2
Feeling Good
Jerk
Decor Pickup
Auntie Ollie
Disturbance
Christmas Socks
The Missing Wallet pt1
The Missing Wallet pt2
Special Photos
Good Company
Wedding Tradition
Curious Squirrel
Hater pt1
Hater pt2
Changes
Lucky Qing
Bent pt1
Bent pt2
Bent pt3
That Night pt1
That Night pt2
Concern pt1
Concern pt2
StowAway Squirrel
The Sitdown
Dried Persimmons
Temporary Place pt1
Temporary Place pt2
Goodbye 2020

Losing Battle pt2

367 30 3
By ginaddict

That afternoon...

Qing: You don't regret being engaged to me, right?

Me: (nodding) That's the only part I don't regret in all of these.

Qing: (smiling through the video call) Good.

Me: (sighing) How is Mama? Still angry?

Qing: I think so. She stopped crying though. Still not talking to me but I think she likes me now more than she likes you. I think she doesn't want to hear your name being said aloud in her presence.

Me: (wincing) Yikes.

Qing: (sighing) How is Mama? Still urging you to break up with me?

Me: (nodding) She said I start being a liar when I started this relationship with you. I said she's wrong. I lied to her many times when I was still young and living with her. She got more angry. I think I have a remarkable talent of pissing my mother more each time we talk.

Qing: They will forgive us soon. Just hang in there.

Gosh, who is optimistic and Mr.Pollyanna now?

Me: Hmmm...how is Baba?

Qing: Not talking to me. I think if Mama mostly blame you...Baba is blaming it all on me.

Me: Yikes.

Qing: Yeah...well, you know him and his old fashioned ways. He thinks I mishandled you and now you run around being neurotic because I didn't take good care of you.

Me: Being neurotic is all me.

Qing: You are not neurotic. It got away from our controls, Dayu...this is both our faults. Stop being a martyr or pitying yourself, it won't do us any good.

Me: (staring at Qing) You are worried. Why? Because we are apart?

Qing: (nodding) I hate being apart from you.

Me: (sniffing) Me too.

Qing: Are you crying?

Me: No. It's still cold here and you are no around to serve as my body warmer.

Qing: Wear layers. Don't get sick.

Me: I won't. And even though they hate me, my parents won't let me get sick. (sighing) Qing, should we employ our secret weapon?

Qing: Not yet. And even if we do, I want to be there so we can talk to your grandmother together.

My maternal grandmother is our secret weapon. If we can get my GrandMa on our side, we might survive this. But going that route has consequences as well. Qing and I might find ourselves married within a week if we will pull GrandMa into this drama.

Talking about someone who is old fashioned and doesn't believe in long engagement, my GrandMa will ask our parents to forgive us by pushing the wedding day early on as a compromise.

On one hand, it's not part of our plan to be married so soon. On the other, having GrandMa at our side will be a guaranteed way to get our parents to forgive us.

Ah dilemma.

Qing: We are not THAT desperate yet. Lets wait some more before approaching our secret weapon.

Me: Okay.

Qing: What about Baba? He is talking to you, right?

Me: Uhuh. My father is more lenient but you know him, he will always choose my Mama's side. They always present this united front. The only way my Baba will not be on Mama's side is if Mama decide to disown me. Baba won't disown me. I am quite sure of that now.

My father won't disown me. Ever. Not that my Mama would but who could blame her if she will disown her lying son. She was right, she never encouraged me to lie my way out of any problem. She taught me to be honest and sincere to myself and to others. I wasted her teachings by lying to her over and over.

Me: All those times that I got hurt and never confessed or shared them to her. I deprived her of chances to console or comfort me. You heard her...she thinks her main purpose in life is to be my mother. That comforting me when I am hurt was when she felt like she is earning her title as my mother. And I took that from her, many times...

Qing: Dayu ah...

Me: (sniffing) Why am I such a failure as her son? Ugh! Why are we such failures as sons of our parents?

Qing: We are not perfect, that's why? And it will be their fault if they think their sons are perfect.

Me: (snorting) Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I don't think our parents think we are perfect now. My mother is so close to selling me to gypsies for a cheap price.

Qing: (chuckling) Tell her to contact me first, I will buy you in a heartbeat.

Me: (sighing) At this rate, we won't be married in ten years, let alone five. All our plans are doomed, Qing.

Qing: (snickering) If you think this will stop me from marrying you, then we wasted all these years we have been together since you learned nothing about me. Nothing and no one can stop me from changing your status from single to my spouse, Dayu ah.

Me: I know that. But I don't think we can get married alone or without our parents.

Qing: Mama said she will attend our wedding. We just have to inform her of the time and place.

Me: Aiyooo...she was unhappy when she said that. (sighing) Qing, lets stop deluding ourselves...your Mama doesn't like me anymore for you. My Mama is the same, she now doesn't like you for me. We have fallen out of their favors and it's mostly our faults. I think I took for granted how much your mother liked me...

Qing: (snorting) You stop deluding yourself, my mother loves you. She loves you so much and...

Qing suddenly stopped talking. Then he groaned.

Qing: Oh we are so stupid. We are so stupid.

Me: What? Why? What?!

Qing: We are doing this the wrong way. I should be there and you should be here.

Me: (confuse) What do you mean?

Qing: I should be there asking your parents to forgive us. You should be here asking my parents to forgive us. Come on! It's obvious, Mama loves you so much she couldn't possibly resist you...

Me: Qing she hates me!

Qing: She doesn't hate you. My mother doesn't do hate. Same for your mother. Our parents doesn't do hate. They are hurt, Dayu. They are deeply disappointed. And the only way we can fix this is if we can convince them to forgive us. But not this way. They will keep digging their feet because when they see us, they see blood and betrayal. But if we will switch places...

Me: (like in trance) There might be a chance that they will soften a little. You know, my Mama said it the other day that she will gladly have you here instead of me.

Qing: (nodding) See? We just have to switch places. (sighing) Not gonna sugatcoat it though Love, it's still won't be easy even if we do this.

Me: I know.

Qing: (staring at me intently through the screen of my device) Mama might say or do something that would meant to hurt you...

Me: And I won't take it to heart. I know. We all do or say mean things when we are mad. You do it. I do it. Why would I think Mama won't?

Qing: Still, you are not use to her being angry at you. She treated you so preciously...

Me: And I took that for granted. I was so wrapped up in my own beliefs and emotions I didn't even entertain the idea that they usually respect our decisions on things. I made unnecessary ruckus again...

Qing: (sighing) They are your feelings. Of course they matter. But we hurt them by lying so we have to show we are repenting.

Me: (nodding) We will sure do.

Qing: When can you leave there?

Me: I can leave tomorrow.

Qing: Okay, I'll talk to the owner of the private plane...

Me: Oh no! No more private plane...please Qing.

Qing: Then what will you do? You cannot travel in a crowded plane when there is still the risk of the virus.

Me: Maybe I will just take a private ride. That will be less expensive...

Qing: That will take you more than 13 hours to get here. You will get tired. You won't be able to present your best side to my parents if you are tired. Take the damn private plane.

Me: No!

Qing: (scowling) Dayu ah...

Me: Qing. Please...it's too expensive.

Qing: We can afford it. What we cannot afford is for you to catch any sickness. Love please...

I puffed my cheeks. Qing took that as a victory for his cause.

Qing: I will take the private plane to get there in the morning and you can fly in it back here in Beijing in the afternoon. We will hire it for one day, deal? Just one payment...

Me: You must think I am stupid. Those private planes charge by flights, not by days. That will be two payments.

Qing: (grinning) You are so smart. And like I said, we can afford it. I will see you tomorrow.

Me: What will you tell your parents? And what about the promotion of your new show?

Qing: We are done with the press conference. The trailers will start hitting the TV airwaves soon. I really don't give a fuck about it right now. This is more important.

Me: And the reason you will give to your parents on why you will leave Beijing?

Qing: (shrugging) The truth. That you and I are failing in this so we will try a different strategy.

Me: Okay. Just...lets not lie anymore.

Qing: We won't.

Me: And be polite while you are saying you are explaining why we will switch places.

Qing: I am always polite to my parents.

Me: Right. Sure. Okay.

Qing: (frowning) Oh, you are not believing me.

Me: No. No. I believe you.

I don't believe him.

Qing: You are lying. I can see right through you.

Me: (sighing) I wish humans have that so other humans can see if one is lying. Like, if you lie...you will suddenly look like yellow. When you are jealous, you'll be green colored. When you are angry, red. Pink for in love. Blue for sad. Black if you are mourning. Violet if you are sorry. I wish emotions are show in visible colors in humans so other humans doesn't have to guess what we are feeling.

Qing: If only it will be that easy. That's an interesting idea, Love. Maybe Zhu Gege was right, you have a wild imagination...you should write.

Me: Nah. If I start writing, the literary world will burn down in chaos.

Qing: (chuckling) No doubt.

Silence formed between us as Qing and I took moments to just stare at each other. It got broken when Qing spoke again.

Qing: See you tomorrow? I cannot wait. I miss you so much.

Me: Me too. I miss you. Yes. See you tomorrow. Message me when you got on the plane and when you landed here.

Qing: Sure. I will call the owner of the private plane now. Be good okay? Eat dinner with your parents.

Me: I will. And I will also tell them about our plans to switch places later on. I love you.

Qing: (smiling) I love you too. I'll try to call later again or I'll message once I arranged my flight for tomorrow.

Me: Okay. See you.

Qing ended that call and I sighed heavily. I hope this new strategy work because our last resort is get my grandmother on our side to negotiate for us and get married in haste.

Ugh! Why are our options frightening at best and absymal at worst? Ugh!

Being in the wrong is so...tiring everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.8K 22
It is probably going to be a very controversial story, pairing even I may say. Part of Pride Month, yet another #lovewinsall Let's see if this pairi...
163K 9.5K 23
June 2020 *Fanfiction about Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian. *Lan Zhan never thought he would found him again after leaving him alone in the hotel room, and...
122K 6K 39
NOTE: EVERYTHING IN THIS STORY IS PURELY PRODUCT OF MY IMAGINATION. ❗It's Mpreg ❗
65.5K 3.9K 53
They were possessive,He was short tempered but one thing tied them together was everlasting Bond which would hold them together no matter what. Let's...