Ice meets Fire || RYEJI ✔

By lilacsonsunflower

Hwang Yeji, a new student with an element of dancing. She spits fire with her eyes and captivates people with... More

| Author's Note |
| Introduction |
Chapter One: Clumsy? Clumsy.
Chapter Two: Fiery Eyes of a Light Fury
Chapter Three: A Smartass and a Dumbass
Chapter Four: Yeti
Chapter Five: Physics Class
Chapter Six: De-tension
Chapter Seven: Stalker
Chapter Eight: The Air Conditioner on Auditorium
Chapter Nine: It's you
Chapter Ten: It doesn't mean we're f-r-i-e-n-d-s
Chapter Eleven: What goes on
Chapter Twelve: Locker #0526
Chapter Thirteen: Who's the Mafia?
Chapter Fourteen: Third wheel
Chapter Fifteen: Chemistry Class
Chapter Sixteen: Sleepover (Part 1)
Chapter Seventeen: Sleepover (Part 2)
Chapter Eighteen: Monday
Chapter Nineteen: Tuesday
Chapter Twenty-one: Thursday (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty-two: Thursday (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-three: Friday
Chapter Twenty-four: Totally Spies
Chapter Twenty-five: Heejin
Chapter Twenty-six: Troublemakers
Chapter Twenty-seven: Meet-and-Greet
Chapter Twenty-eight: A B C D EFFIN' GOD HECK
Chapter Twenty-nine: Instructor
Chapter Thirty: Stuck in a Daydream and a Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-one: Fallback
Chapter Thirty-two: Ain't Playing No Games
Chapter Thirty-three: It's Official
Chapter Thirty-four: Head over Heels
Chapter Thirty-five: The Game Plan
Chapter Thirty-six: Women In Disguise
Chapter Thirty-seven: Unrevealed Secrets
Chapter Thirty-eight: Fri(e)nemies
Chapter Thirty-nine: "Rehearsal" [M]
Chapter Forty: Even the Coldest Burns
Chapter Forty-one: Wet and Dry
Chapter Forty-two: Unexpected Guests and Bromance
Chapter Forty-three: Undercover
Chapter Forty-four: ILY: I can't Lose You too
Chapter Forty-five: Keep Your Enemies Closer
Chapter Forty-six: She's Not One of Them
Chapter Forty-seven: Join the Cult
Chapter Forty-eight: Confessions [M]
Chapter Forty-nine: Tea and Ghosts
Chapter Fifty: Twisted
Chapter Fifty-one: SHOWCASE
Chapter Fifty-two: Happy Endings are Fairytales
Chapter Fifty-three: Life is A Fairytale
Chapter Fifty-four: Needles and Threads
Chapter Fifty-five: It's You and Me [M]
Chapter Fifty-six: Consequences
Chapter Fifty-seven: First to be the Last
[FINALE] Ice Meets Fire
| XX, A's Thank You Note |
| For my Friends-slash-Readers |

Chapter Twenty: Wednesday

3.1K 155 70
By lilacsonsunflower

Lia's POV

I've been feeling paranoid lately and as time goes by it's getting worst. Sometimes, when I walk alone in the bathroom at the school, I feel like someone's waiting on the other side; even when I'm in the classroom, my body would shiver as I feel a pair of eyes on me; and yesterday, the reason why I called Yeji when I spotted her was because it felt like I was being followed. I thought of telling her but I also tried to consider the fact that she's in worst scenario at this point, so instead I told Chaeryeong everything. She's one of the greatest listeners I've met in my entire life and I'm just so glad she existed the same time as me.

"We need to talk." I jumped on my feet when I heard the voice.

"Yeji? Are you trying to kill me?" I said as I forced a laugh, one of my palms above my chest.

She raised her eyebrows demanding me something I couldn't put a finger on. We continued staring at each other as if we were strangers who wouldn't let one pass through another. I sighed, giving up. "You better talk because I'm bad at getting signals." I said and asked her to come with me at the benches in the soccer field.

"Chaeryeong told me everything." She said looking at the surroundings, her hands in her pockets. I sighed as I felt betrayed. Forget when I said Chaeryeong is one of a kind. But, I also would like to thank her, so it's a 50-50 state.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you, but I thought it would be better if I did not since you do have a lot going on right now." I spoke softly and just stared at my fingers.

She sighed and scooted closer towards me. "It's okay. I know where you're coming from. Thanks for the concern though. But, everything that you will encounter especially when it's sketchy, you tell me, aight? You've been one of my priorities ever since I told you." She pushed my hair to the back of my ears. I smiled and grabbed her hand and intertwined them.

"Whoever you'll end up with would be so lucky." I said with sincerity. I mean who wouldn't want to be with this girl? A very thoughtful and understanding person is what everyone needs in their lives. She chuckled and went back looking ahead and I did the same. We stayed at the same position just being one with the nature as we clear off our gratuitous thoughts.

"By the way, I also need to show you something." The silence was cut off by the sound she exerted as she unfolded a paper showing it to me. I grabbed the paper and studied it. After a few seconds, my eyebrows knitted, not really understanding what it means.

"What's this supposed to mean?" I touched the surface of paper and looked at the back, looking for clues.

"I was hoping you'd say you know." She sighed and laid her head on my lap. She must be exhausted from thinking too much and the bags under her eyes tells it all.

"Have you told your unnie about this?"

"I haven't." I flicked her forehead receiving a pained expression from her. Serves her right.

"Idiot! Why not?"

"I don't know where to start." She said honestly.

"Alright let's tell her later then. I'll stay at your house after school." She nodded in agreement. I wandered my eyes to the beautiful field, sighing in gratification. I hope we could just stay here until later because I don't really wanna go back to the classroom and feel unsafe again.

"Having a great date?" I turned around and saw Ryujin and Heejin together. I tried to look at Yeji through my peripheral vision and saw that she's back at her poise of being unreadable. This is bad. Like really really bad. I wanna jump off through the next ten benches in front of us and just run for my precious life.

"Oh, hey! We- uhm we're just talking about some very very important things." I explained while showing weird hand gestures. Gosh, this is so awkward. Heaven and hell help me. Yeji hummed as she tried to support my retort.

"Is that so?" Ryujin asked directly at Yeji, both having the same intense glares. I coughed trying to break the high tension that's building up. "Yeah."

"How about you guys? Having a fun date?" I tried saying cheerfully but it tasted really bad coming from my mouth to talk about them being intimate. I felt a pinch on my leg and I tried not to flinch, slapping her hand away. I looked back at the pair with my forced joyful smile.

"Yeah! Ryujin is such a fun person to be with. We're having a great time, right babe?" Heejin clang herself on Ryujin's right arm and kissed her cheek. I saw Yeji looking until the kiss happened and she pretended that she wasn't interested. My eyes went wide and when Ryujin saw my expression I forcefully smiled again but this time I look like a creepy serial killer ready to pounce on them. I saw the way Ryujin's throat moved. She whispered at Heejin telling her that they should go so they can continue exploring the campus. Heejin said her goodbyes enthusiastically, receiving a fake one from me and a nonchalant response from Yeji; followed by Ryujin

She bowed and said, "Bye. I'll see you later, Lia."

I bowed and said in my monotone voice, "Ryujin."

She looked at Yeji who's pretending she doesn't know what's going on, and oh wait when did she put her earphones on? "Yeji?" She called out but the latter wasn't responding, so I nudged her instead and puckered my lips towards Ryujin.

"Bye?" Ryujin said not really knowing how to say it.

"Ok." Yeji replied and went back on using her phone.

I saw Ryujin slumped her shoulders in defeat as Heejin dragged her away happily.

"Did you know? I was planning on courting her since I like her so much but seeing them closer than before, I guess not."

Poor Yeji.

Dahyun's POV

"Alright, talk."

Yeji and Lia looked at each other and sighed. They started telling me everything from the beginning while Nayeon and I listened carefully.

"Where's the paper?" Nayeon asked and Yeji scrambled through her bag and gave her the paper. Our eyes scanned the paper back and forth, trying to figure it out.

"Alright, so the only thing I understand is the day initiated and time. But, what for?" Nayeon asked and looked at me.

I shrugged and tried to think of something. "Those dots and dashes aren't just design, those must be something."

"You mean like a code?" Lia asked. "Yeah, and I know just someone who could help." I added.

"Who?" Yeji said with her unusual facial expression that she only pulls up when she really doesn't have any idea what's going on. "You'll see." I said as I messaged the person.

"Let's have some dinner first while we wait for her." I stood up and they all followed me, and started eating. Luckily, I was motivated to buy dinner awhile ago because if not we would be starving to death because our brain would eat up everything within us.

Once we're done, the doorbell rang indicating that the person we've been waiting for is already outside. I rushed to the door shouting that I'll do it.

"Hey, babe." Momo gave me a kiss on the lips and went inside. "What honor do I owe you, my dear?"

"I'll show you instead." I grabbed her hands and pushed her on the couch and stretched out the paper.

"What's this?" Yeji, Nayeon, and Lia followed in the living room and we formed a circle so we can communicate more clearly and strategically.

"Oh this is a morse code!" She yelled making all of our heads tilt to the side. "You did the right choice, I know just someone who knows how to decode this." All eyes turned on me and I have a shocked expression because I thought she knows how to analyze it because Momo is a sucker when it comes to detective related stuffs. I smiled at them and sent a finger heart. "Let's wait a few more minutes. Are you guys hungry? Because I am." With that, she went to the kitchen leaving all of us alone, faces on our palms.

*knock knock*

"I'll get it!" Momo rushed from the kitchen, holding a slice of bread and a bag of chips. The person walked in and it was Jeongyeon. She smiled and waved at us, sitting beside Nayeon.

"Someone tell me the reason why Momo bombarded my phone with text messages saying come over, it's urgent?"

"You didn't tell her the reason why? What if she doesn't know it?" I shouted annoyed because I'm starting to get really sleepy and I just want this to get over with.

"Trust me on this." Momo passed the paper on Jeongyeon, who scanned the paper calmly. She traces it with her pointed finger and nodded.

"I got it." We all sighed in relief. "It's an alien language."

We groaned and she laughed and waved her hands around. "I was joking. Chill the fuck out."

Nayeon glared at her. "Not a time for a joke, babe." Jeongyeon coughed obviously embarrassed by her actions.

"Anyways, it's a morse code. The dashes and dots portrays letters. In this paper what's written isn't just a word, here" She brought the paper in the center and asked us to move forward so we'll see more clearly. "It's a sentence. Actually, no, easier to put it, it's a song title." We looked at each other still not getting where the latter is coming from.

"The man who can't be moved. That's what's written."

"Are you sure? That's all?" Yeji exclaimed not believing what she just heard.

"That's all, unless, you don't understand the english text under it."

"But, what about it?"

"Well if you think about it, this, whatever this is, is to happen tomorrow. Aligned with this, tomorrow there will be a concert. Now that I think about it. It's one of the songs we will be performing tomorrow." Lia thoughtfully said.

"But who would do that? Does that mean the person is in the club?"

We sat in different ways and tried to think of clues or signals that could help us figure it out. Whoever did this loves games. Right, games! It is a game!

"They could have someone from the club to request it. I'm pretty sure that Hyunjin is the mastermind."

"Hyunjin? Who's what now?" Jeongyeon said asking for explanations. Yeji walked towards beside her and told her everything. After the story ended, Jeongyeon gave her a sympathetic eyes and hugged her, while we watched and listen to the whole scene.

"The name sounds oddly familiar."

"It is familiar, Jeongyeon." Momo said sternly, her lips quivering.

"Are you saying that they're the same person, Momo-yah?" Momo nodded earning a gasp from Jeongyeon who closed her fists tightly.

"I'm confused. Someone please explain." Nayeon said as she comforted her girlfriend.

Momo turned to me and scooted, "Remember when I said we encountered the same person under different circumstances?" I nodded urging her to continue. "This is what I'm talking about." She sighed and looked at Jeongyeon who's still trying her best to process everything and calm down.

"It's about Ryujin. Hyunjin and her met outside the school. She was her first love. Ryujin fell for the other girl so deep she drowned in blindness. We tried to warn her that she's just being played, but she never listened. One day, I overheard her and a group of other girls ; I didn't really see their faces though. Anyways, so they were talking about her and how she's going to break her heart and pursue another girl from the same school which is coincidentally most probably your sister - Yeji." We gawked at her and she continued. "Then, the day happened, Ryujin broke her heart for the first time in years. She got depressed, sad, her DNA turned into anger. She was so mad at herself, she became the person she is today. She slept with random girls and pick fights with anyone she meets. That's why she became a cold dead bitch in everyone's eyes."

The house was in a dead silent, loudness can only be heard when you dared getting in each of our brains. "That's not a coincidence. It could be really the truth." Yeji said.

"Before everything happened, people are already telling me that she's meeting someone from this side of the town and they warned me to never fall for her trap. Luckily, I already had someone but still she took her away from me." She added.

"Son of a bitch." Jeongyeon whispered to herself angrily, punching one of the pillows.

"What we can do now is act like we never know anything. Jeonyeon unnie, never mention this to Ryujin. We got to keep an eye on her too since she's one of the needles in our thread, and let's just try and be aware but not suspicious especially when in public." Lia said. We nodded and decided that we should just have a sleepover. We went to our rooms, with thoughts that would surely keep us up all night.

—————

👉🏻 Did that help?

Man, thank you! No words nor numbers can tell you how much I love each and everyone who reads this fanfic of mine, but I hope this hearts can.

❤️💝🧡💗💓💜❣️💛💘💚💖💞💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 1.9K 76
You are a soldier from (your Country) working in the Korean Special Forces, because your Country has a soldier Exchange program with Korea. What will...
111K 3.6K 25
{COMPLETED} This is Ryeji FF story 🔞⚠[WARNING: CONTAINS SEXY CONTENT AND BLOODY CONTENT] Yeji is a nurse..... One night While she was walking a mys...
16.5K 742 28
An AU where Hwang Yeji is the Student Council President and Shin Ryujin is the Head Photojournalist of their university paper. "Can we stay like this...
20K 423 12
Ryujin X fem! Reader X Yeji Description: You are Itzy's manager and are always by their side. But what happens when your responsibilities undergo a c...