Ice meets Fire || RYEJI ✔

By lilacsonsunflower

Hwang Yeji, a new student with an element of dancing. She spits fire with her eyes and captivates people with... More

| Author's Note |
| Introduction |
Chapter One: Clumsy? Clumsy.
Chapter Two: Fiery Eyes of a Light Fury
Chapter Three: A Smartass and a Dumbass
Chapter Four: Yeti
Chapter Five: Physics Class
Chapter Six: De-tension
Chapter Seven: Stalker
Chapter Eight: The Air Conditioner on Auditorium
Chapter Nine: It's you
Chapter Ten: It doesn't mean we're f-r-i-e-n-d-s
Chapter Eleven: What goes on
Chapter Twelve: Locker #0526
Chapter Thirteen: Who's the Mafia?
Chapter Fifteen: Chemistry Class
Chapter Sixteen: Sleepover (Part 1)
Chapter Seventeen: Sleepover (Part 2)
Chapter Eighteen: Monday
Chapter Nineteen: Tuesday
Chapter Twenty: Wednesday
Chapter Twenty-one: Thursday (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty-two: Thursday (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-three: Friday
Chapter Twenty-four: Totally Spies
Chapter Twenty-five: Heejin
Chapter Twenty-six: Troublemakers
Chapter Twenty-seven: Meet-and-Greet
Chapter Twenty-eight: A B C D EFFIN' GOD HECK
Chapter Twenty-nine: Instructor
Chapter Thirty: Stuck in a Daydream and a Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-one: Fallback
Chapter Thirty-two: Ain't Playing No Games
Chapter Thirty-three: It's Official
Chapter Thirty-four: Head over Heels
Chapter Thirty-five: The Game Plan
Chapter Thirty-six: Women In Disguise
Chapter Thirty-seven: Unrevealed Secrets
Chapter Thirty-eight: Fri(e)nemies
Chapter Thirty-nine: "Rehearsal" [M]
Chapter Forty: Even the Coldest Burns
Chapter Forty-one: Wet and Dry
Chapter Forty-two: Unexpected Guests and Bromance
Chapter Forty-three: Undercover
Chapter Forty-four: ILY: I can't Lose You too
Chapter Forty-five: Keep Your Enemies Closer
Chapter Forty-six: She's Not One of Them
Chapter Forty-seven: Join the Cult
Chapter Forty-eight: Confessions [M]
Chapter Forty-nine: Tea and Ghosts
Chapter Fifty: Twisted
Chapter Fifty-one: SHOWCASE
Chapter Fifty-two: Happy Endings are Fairytales
Chapter Fifty-three: Life is A Fairytale
Chapter Fifty-four: Needles and Threads
Chapter Fifty-five: It's You and Me [M]
Chapter Fifty-six: Consequences
Chapter Fifty-seven: First to be the Last
[FINALE] Ice Meets Fire
| XX, A's Thank You Note |
| For my Friends-slash-Readers |

Chapter Fourteen: Third wheel

3.7K 180 250
By lilacsonsunflower

Shin Ryujin's POV

Two more days left, Ryujin, and it's weekend. Get your feet working. I said to myself as I grumpily walked inside our first subject. When I went inside, I was surprised I was the first one. I took a seat, placing my bag under my chair. I grabbed my earphones and ducked on the table as I wait for the others. The song playing is You're Not Sorry by Taylor Swift, I brought my arms down looking like a lifeless body, I sighed as it reminds me of somebody. I used to be deeply inlove with someone. She was my first love, the third person I've ever been trusted, she blinded me that way she's the only girl I'd ever see. Though, she wasn't from the same school as me, she'll take the time she had and meet up with me. My friends warned me about her but I never listened, because I'm in depth. She got me wrapped up around her fingers, until one day, she broke up with me telling me she was just playing around testing herself if she could gain an attention from someone. She betrayed and played my feelings. Months passed and she came back to me, apologising for everything she was crying, she told me the reason was because she was inlove with someone else but she they broke and she cam back to me. I declined her confession and never looked back again. People can say sorry multiple times and never mean it. Never be trapped again, what I always tell myself. That's the reason why I never loved and open up to people again, I started hooking up with random girls I meet. I became a person I never thought I would be. My thoughts were interrupted when someone took out one of my earphones.

"I'm sorry to disturb butis this seat taken?" Heejin asked and I shook my head. Taking my answer she sat beside me and shyly smiled at me. I glanced at her once again and bowed.

"Uh, Ryujin?" I looked up and saw her fiddling with her fingers. Wasn't she the girl I hooked up with recently? "That's me." I timidly replied.

"I know we met under other circumstance, but, would you like to go out with me?" I looked at her trying to scan her face for any harmful intentions, but she looked down shyly and scratched her neck. "I- I mean you d-don't have to if you wa-want." She chuckled nervously. I stared at her longer making her feel uneasy and look straight at the blackboard. I tilted my head and thought maybe going out with someone wouldn't hurt so bad and honestly, I enjoyed my time with her last time.

"Ok." I said after a few minutes of silence. She turned around to me with a shock plastered on her face. "Really?" I nodded. She squealed at her seat pumping into her fist in the air. "You won't regret it." Oh, I really hope I wouldn't.

By a great timing, Yeji and a couple of friends came into the classroom laughing to themselves. I decided to greet them as I pointed at the direction of the vacant seats near me. "Hey, Ryuddaeng! You're early!" Yeji greeted me, smiling so brightly she had beaten the sun, but her smile faded off just like when the sun sets and the moon becomes visible as she saw who I'm with. I looked at Heejin who's paying no attention. I tapped her shoulder, gesturing her towards my friends. She nodded and bowed. "This is Heejin. Heejin, these are Yeji, Wendy, and Yuna." They all bowed down at each other and sat at their perspective places.

"Unnie! Get off! That's my seat!" Yuna shouted as she stomped on the floor loudly. Yeji looked at her with hooded eyes and arms crossed above her chest, making her look scary, while Wendy laughed it off. "It's my seat for now." Yuna grunted and turned to look at me asking for help.

"What makes you think I could help?" I said pointing to myself, chuckling.

"Well, don't you want to be seated beside her?" Wendy said teasingly. I rolled my eyes and just shook my head. I was about to speak when Heejin called my name. "Will it be okay for you if we spend the day together? I'd walk you to your classes. I'd really appreciate it if you would take the offer, but it's also okay if you wouldn't." She said as she take a few glances at my back. I shrugged not really finding the thought awful. "Alright."

"Okay, cool." She said smiling and continued scribbling on her notebook. I turned to look at my friends, only to find Yuna and Wendy staring at me with jaws wide open. Once they realized that I'm also staring at them, they closed their mouths. Before I completely ignored them, Wendy whispered my name and made her pointing finger go inside her other hand making a circle shape, repeatedly. In response, I gave her a middle finger and laughed. I turned to look at Yeji who has been quiet. I stared at her longer trying to get her attention but she wouldn't budge, Yuna nudged her telling her that I'm trying to face her. Yeji, however, just muttered a shut up, i'm busy towards Yuna, and that's my cue to stop and do whatever.

I spent my whole day with Heejin and surprisingly, I'm enjoying her company. Which is one of the thing that surprised me was she made me blush multiple times. During break time, I sat with her and her friends, making the gang send me weird looks except Yeji who's peacefully looking at her phone as she eats, which I found cute. I get to know her friends. I laughed along with them as they shared Heejin's embarrassing moments. "Also I remembered one time when she and Hyun-" The table stopped and their eyes wide opened looking at Vivi. "I- I mean when she and HER HYUNG tried playing go kart together and bumped into the rails." She continued with her awkward voice, the rest laughed with her awkwardly. She released a breath, "So, anyways? How are you liking Heejin so far?" I chuckled breaking the awkward tension that filled the table.

"Well, she's interesting." I said sincerely, earning a proud smirk from Heejin. I bumped her shoulder so she would stop embarrassing herself. "Awe, you two look cute together." Yves said complimenting us. "Why, thank you." I put my head on Heejin's shoulder playing along with them.

Dismissal came on and I went out of the school making my way towards the bus stop. Right, today, I'll be riding a bus. When I got there I saw Yeji, I got excited and decided to surprise her, since we haven't really talked today. I went behind her and covered her eyes, the close proximity managed me to get a whiff of her scent, it's calming.

"Please, whoever you are. I don't have a mocha bread with me." I chuckled and I brought my hands down. "You got me there." I stood beside her and she laughed minimally. I turned to look at her but she didn't dare looking at me for she's observing the streets as strong winds caresses our skins, making us shiver. I scanned her features and slightly smiled noticing her innocent features.

"Feel free to take a picture, but please pay after." She looked at me this time with soft gazes.

"Well, I don't have enough money to take a photograph of an art, but I do have money to spend for mocha bread. Are you up for it?" I said cheekily, showing my whiskers.

"I'm always up for a treat." She smiled at me. "Cool." I whispered, and tighten my bag around my body. A bus approached, Yeji entered first and I was about to enter when someone called me from behind, "Hey, I told you earlier that I'll drop you home, didn't I?" It's Heejin. I face-palmed myself, forgetting our conversation. "Oh, right, I forgot." I went inside followed by Heejin, and looked for Yeji, once I spotted her I sat beside her. Heejin sat on the other side. I sighed and looked at her smiling. For the nth time today, she didn't look at me, I pouted. "Yeji-yah. Is that game more important than me?" Yeji didn't moved and just continued playing on her phone. I tried to think of a way to get her attention. "Do you know my favorite flower?" I asked her.

"No." She muttered. Well, at least I got a response this time. I was about to tell her my favorite flower when Heejin interrupted us, "It's red lillies."

"Cool." Yeji sighed and brought her earphones in her ears. I stayed still as I feel awkward sitting between them. I released a breath and looked around the bus, managing to make an eye contact with someone from the same school, immdediately I diverted my eyes and went back to look at the girl beside me. I grabbed the other piece of her earphones from her ears and put it in mine, her eyes flickered like she was about to protest but decided not to. She leaned her head on the window with her eyes closed. The song that's playing is Too much to ask by Niall Horan making a calm state for me, I leaned on Yeji's shoulder and it seemed like she wasn't bothered because she didn't pushe me away. I did a small victory dance in my mind since I finally got to the peaceful side with her by my side. A few minutes later, the driver announced the next destination, I tapped Yeji's arms waking her up. "We're here." I softly spoke and yawned afterwards. Yeji stretched herself and fixed her things.

"Are we here?" My heart almost bounced off of my chest when someone tap my shoulder from the other side. I almost forgot that she's here. "Oh, actually, you can go first. I'll be having a mocha bread with Yeji. Thank you, though." She nodded in understanding. "Really? I was actually planning on getting some for myself and my gir- I mean for myself and my cousin Gary." I hummed acknowledging what she said.

"Hey, we're here." Yeji said and pushed my shoulders making me stand up and walk out of the bus. "Stop flirting." She said before she quickly walked to the café. I followed her with my confused eyes, I went to walk but stopped as soon as Heejin grabbed my hands and telling me we should go. Well, I was about to but then you grabbed my hands. When we're inside, my eyes immediately looked for the petite girl. I followed her in the line and poke her side, making her turn around her eyes switching from my eyes and towards my hands. I looked down and noticed that Heejin and I were still holding hands, making me drop off her hands and went in front of Yeji. I asked them to find seats and I'll order everything for them. Yeji nodded but Heejin stayed behind me, "Well, I can't leave you alone looking chic. Someone might try to hit on you." She smirked. I didn't acknowledge her and went straight to the cashier and ordered. A few minutes passed and the cashier gave me my orders in separate containers, 3 take-out paper bags and 2 dine-in mocha breads with 2 mocha frappes. I sat beside Yeji, giving her one mocha bread and the other frappe. Heejin sat in front of us, I gave her one of the paper bags. "Thanks. But, Is it okay if I seat with you guys for awhile?" I nodded and munched on the mocha bread. Damn, so good.

"Like it?" I asked Yeji, who turned her head with her eyes sparkling in delight, "That means yes, I suppose." We chuckled bumping each other's shoulders. I grabbed one of the paper bags and gave it to her. "Here, it's for unnie."

She hesitated but grabbed it once she saw me staring at her intensely. "You didn't have to. But, thanks."

"So, Yeji, where are you from?"

"She's from the northeast." I replied as I sip on my frappe. Sighing, as the cold beverage goes down my throat. So fucking good.

"Is that so?" Heejin asked as she stared at Yeji.

"Y-"

"Yeah." I answered. Yeji chuckled beside me. "Ryuddaeng, I can answer it by myself." I nodded and waved one of my hands in front of my face, I shrugged, "I know. I just wanted to."

"Since when were you guys became friends? Weren't you guys the school's talk since the beggining of the year?"

"Well, it was just recently. It happened on her birthday." Yeji replied. "And those banters weren't really much of a big deal now, right, buddy?"

"Right." Giving her two thumbs up.

"Cool, since you two are very close to one another. I'll ask you something Yeji."

"Sure." Yeji replied and went to eat her mocha bread.

"Do you think Ryujin and I would look together as a couple?" The question made Yeji and I choke on our bread and frappe, respectively. Heejin looked at us with concern and gave us some water. "Sorry, was that too straightforward?" I nodded as I patted my chest trying to get rid of the cough.

"Actually, no, it's alright. To answer your question, well, I think- I think you two would look cute." Yeji said her voice fading off as she speaks. I looked at her dumbfounded. Well, I wasn't expecting her to answer that. "Anyways, I should go. Unnie just texted me."

I grabbed her hand pulling her back to the couch, I pouted. "No. Please stay."

"I can't. I really have to go." She smiled softly bowing to Heejin. "Anyways, thanks again for the treat and I'll make sure this mocha bread will get to it's owner." She said one last time and went out hurriedly. I slumped on my seat, looking defeated.

"C'mon. The sun hasn't settled down, I'll take you somewhere." I stood up and took her offer.

Heejin and I spent hours laughing and playing at the carnival. Now, we're inside the ferris wheel looking at the view of the city from the top. I smiled in contenment, closing my eyes at the same time. A pair of soft lips made my eyes open making me frozen from my seat. She pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." She looked down at her hands. The gesture made me feel a guilt in my stomach. I lifted her face and softly smiled.

"Don't be." I whispered still shocked to what happened.

"I know it's too early for me to say this, but, Ryujin, I think you're the one." She grabbed both my hands and kissed them, making my muscles contract pushing up the hairs on my skin stand up. "Will you be mine?" She asked me with sincerity in her eyes.

It felt like the whole world stopped around me as I just sat still, unmoving. I removed my hands from her grasp. I looked at anywhere else but her eyes. I tried to wrap up everything that's happening and it made me feel a little confused. Finally, after what seemed like forever, we reached the end of the ride. "I don't think I'm ready." I said and looked at her with a little "sorry" look on my face.

"It's alright. I'll do my best. I'll be waiting." She smugly said.

"You're so full of yourself." I chuckled. "Let's go home." I told her and went our way to the nearest bus stop.

—————

Imma flip because of this chapter 🥵

hey hey hey thank youuuu, you beautiful creature who's reading this. remember, you're appreciated and loved. stay safeee 💫

(I've been spelling Chaeryeong's name the wrong way all throughout the story and i just noticed it. I kind of confused myself since there are three people who almost had the same name kshsjsj I'm so sorry! 🤣 My bad.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 2.3K 35
Yeji is a classically trained violinist from a rich, elite family. Ryujin is a prodigious cellist from a humble background. What will happen when two...
53.4K 2.4K 34
At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. This is a journey of both Ryujin and Yeji...
47.5K 1.8K 55
her, it's always been her. Shin Ryujin. Hwang Yeji worked at a small cafe shop near at her house. Shin Ryujin was a successful soloist in an industry...