WHO? | The Alpha (Book One)

Door MalyTenTen

[Complete] [Editing] Georgina, an inquisitive incoming college student, must seek answers to understand why... Meer

Author's Note
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
THANK YOU!
Author's Note
Hi!

IX

5.8K 267 64
Door MalyTenTen

George

It has been a week since Aunt Liz attended her business trip. Surprisingly, I was fully awake at six in the morning.

Silence.

I stood up and went downstairs. Aside from my apartment becoming clean, nothing has changed. The usual alone self, but I felt something was missing. I saw Aunt Liz's duplicate key.

Jared.

I went downstairs. Dancing to my playlist, I cooked a pancake, egg, and bacon. I ate my breakfast while listening to my playlist. Subconsciously, I looked outside the window and saw Jared's house.

"Seriously, Georgina. Why are we doing this? Why?" I grunt as I walk out of the house holding a plate of food.

"Hah," I sigh.

"I have to thank him," I answer, partly convincing myself. 

I'm here again, standing in front of Red's door. I knock, but no one responded. I tr turning the doorknob and heard it click open.

"Red?"

Silence.

I enter the house. I walk on tiptoes.

Looking around, I realized how neat Jared was. Everything was in place. None of his clothes were scattered on the floor. The table was nicely decorated with some cacti and plants in small decorative pots. In the kitchen, an empty sink greeted me

"Wow," I whisper.

Wait, am I trespassing?

My eyebrows rise. "Nah," I shake my head and looked around.

This is Aunt Liz's apartment. He was just renting it.

"We still own this place," I whisper to myself.

"Right?" I whisper to myself once again.

Why are you whispering then?

I put the plate on the dining table. A bottle of red wine was resting on the table. There's also a glass of red wine. I went upstairs and saw his bedroom door. The door was partly open. I peek in.

"There's no one in here either," I whisper and enter the room.

"Woah," I am amazed at how he transformed the bedroom into a small office with a bed.

Where is he?

The bathroom door flew open.

"What in the world are you doing here?" Jared's deep voice rings in my ear.

I froze.

I slowly move my head to face an almost-naked Jared. He does not wear his glasses. Intimidation radiates from his ocean-blue eyes to my skin. He stares at me without any trace of emotion. He wears a black bathrobe. My gaze trails down at his peaking chest. I gulp and immediately look away.

"Dammit," I curse under my breath and regret my decision minutes ago.

"What are you doing here in my room?" my thoughts are interrupted by his cold voice.

I feel the heat creeping up to my face when my gaze lands on him.

Keep your cool, Georgina.

"How about you? What are you doing here?" I say this because I don't have any witty comeback. I lift an eyebrow and cross my arms over my chest.

"I-What?" he frowns. "This is my room, dummy. Isn't it normal for me to take a bath in the bathroom of my room?" he says without looking away.

"Uh," I look at every corner of the room to avoid his gaze. "I actually just want to pay you a visit."

"I am not your babysitter anymore," he says dismissively and enters his walk-in closet. "You're fine now."

"But Aunt Liz is gone in two weeks!"

"I cannot believe you can be very clingy," he replies.

"I'm not being clingy! I'm just thanking you," I say.

"You already did that, multiple times. What now?"

"I have excess pancakes," I reply.

I look around his neat room.

Black and white are the dominant color of his bedroom. His bed is facing the door on the left side of the room. The windows have red curtains. I glance at the window and see my bedroom window. The room has red and gray details. The bathroom and closet are on the right side of the room. My gaze lands on his black office table on the opposite side of the bed.

"Wow, he is really organized," I murmur.

"You painted the walls?" I yell after realizing that it isn't lime green anymore. "Aunt Liz let you do that?"

I have to beg multiple times before I could change the colors of my wall.

"Yes," he replies. The back of my head hit his chest. "I don't like green walls," he says softly, almost in a whisper.

I stiffen as I hear his voice vibrates through his chest.

"I," I bit my lips "...brought you some pancakes. It's do-downstairs," I stutter.

"So, you like red wine?" I ask curiously while staring at his collection of red wine in the kitchen.

"Yes, I like red wine," he answers and chews quietly.

"Can I have—"

"If you want something to drink, I have apple juice in the fridge. Drink that."

Silence.

I frown.

"I don't drink liquor. I'm about to ask you for a glass of water," I say.

"Oh, right."

We quietly eat in his dining area.

"Where are you going? Why are you wearing–"

"Someone's visiting me."

He likes interrupting me while I am speaking, huh?

He wears a plain black long-sleeve button-down and a pair of slacks.

"Who?"

"It's none of your business," He coldly says. He didn't give me a glance.

I was taken aback. " Right," I nod.

Since did you become nosy, Georgina?

He is so grumpy today.

Then, I hear a familiar female voice outside.

"Jared?"

Red stands up to check who it is. He gets back with Stacey walking with him.

She wears a royal blue dress and a pair of silver stilettos. She looks good. Her long straight blonde hair falls perfectly at her back. She only put on some light blush and red lipstick.

A sudden change of taste, huh?

"You're an hour early," Jared said. He gestures to her to sit down.

She sits beside him.

"Hi," She greets me. Her yellowish-brown eyes glimmers.

"Hi."

"Do you two have personal matters here? Am I–"

"Oh, no, no." I wave my hands aggressively. "We're not–"

"No, nothing fancy. We were just eating."

Stacey nods. Her judging gaze scans me.

"Do you want some coffee or tea?" Red offers her.

"No, I'm good," She says without breaking her stare at me.

"What is your name again?"

"George," I smile.

"George," she nods.

"Nice meeting you," she says and smiles sweetly.

"You too."

I am now done eating. I really want to stay here for a while, but Stacey is with us. She might misinterpret it if I stay here a little longer.

"I'll go now," I say to Jared.

He just nods at me.

"She is pretty," I sigh. I am sitting at the edge of my bed while eating a bag of chips.

"She also has a good body."

I pause and look at myself.

I stand up and stare at my reflection in the full-length mirror.

"She has toned arms," I pout and flex both of my arms.

Maybe she works out often.

"Well, I also got curves."

I touch my waist to emphasize my hips.

"But," I let go of my clothes, "She got fuller breasts. She got the Watermelons."

"Mine are Watermelons too. Like, Chupa Chups Watermelons." I say and bite the potato chip in my hand.

I lift my shirt. "I also got this belly fat." I pinch my tummy.

I turn my back, "But," I look at my reflection, "I got this round booty. Hah! Flat-ass Stacey!"

* * *

:>

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

8.1K 578 23
Georgina continues to seek answers as she steps into the hidden world of the furry beasts... ___________________________ Book two of Who? | Series Th...
6.6K 528 40
Have you ever wondered why you share such a deep connection with a particular person? What if that person were your soulmate? Lia Russo sees Matthew...
5.7K 798 23
Don't read this one, read the other one. Ryan is a college student, who's prompted to make very stupid mistakes, like telling people he's dating the...
152 10 23
[ WATTYS SHORTLIST 2021 ] She's always assumed werewolves was a fantasy, but on her 16th birthday, she learns everything she ever believed in was a l...