The Masters of Remnant [Disco...

By Lonewofie

Moments after returning to his reality marble, Archer is quickly alarmed by an intruder that claims to be the... More

The Wish
The New World
The Rose,Witch and The Headmaster
Beacon Acadamy
The Investigaton and The Interrogation
The Reasons and The Responses
The Initiation
Old and New Friends
Side Story: Christmas special
The Truth Part One
The Truth Part Two
Secrets
Problems and Punishments
After School Activity
His Arrival
The Food Fight
Emiya's Past
Their Confession
Highway Chase
The Rematch
Evil's Worries
The Fight and The Dance
Walking With A Bunny
Savior
Consequences
Love Problems
The Night
Assassin vs Archer
His Death
Field Trip
The Lancer
RWBY vs Lancer
Hero's Conflict
No Brakes
Ulimited Blade Works
1k Special: Denial
1k Special: Dates part 1
1k special: Dates part 2
1k Special: An Extra Date
1k Special: Free Time
SRET vs VOLT
Family Reunion
Fear
Tactics of War
Old Memories
The Seasons
No Chance
Dance 'til You Drop
Battles
SRET vs CFVY
Servant and Master
The Beginning of the Fall
The Monster's Rest.
The Saber and The Hero's Last Stand.
Recovery
Experience and Luck
New and Old Love
Saber vs Archer
The Hero's Kindness
Truth, Anger, Forgivness and a bit more Anger.
Unexpected Love
A Journey's End and An Adventure Begins
Walking Two Different Paths
Mother of the Year
Reunion
Training for Wary Contract
The Archer Preparation Before The Battle
The Battle For Knowledge
Ignorance's Detour
No Trust
The Legendary Hero
Abandonment
The Coming Storm
A Rude Awakening
The Grimm Reaper
Inner Conflict

Shirou

1.3K 28 3
By Lonewofie

(Yang'sPOV)

I slam open my eyes, fear and horrible reflected in them, I quickly sit up as I gasp for air. I calm down while I pant alone in my room in the dark. I look at the clock and see that it was 4 o'clock in the morning. I drop back to my bed, wiping away the sweat from my face.

Yang: (thought) another nightmare. It's been three days since I got back here and they just keep haunting me.

I grab the stub at where my forearm should be at, I haven't left my room since I woke up. People have been trying to convince to at least get out and one got close but my reluctance made me stubborn, Shirou was close at persuading me to leave this cage but his lack of understanding of my situation when I lost my arm, held him back.

I then hear a loud crack of wind from the over side of my window. Leaning over I see the broken moon slowly fall but there was still no light. The trees are like shadows, coving the whole forest. But in the front yard I saw a figure. They were running from one end of the lawn to the other at amazing speeds.

The person does this for awhile but crashes when they trip, but each time they fell without fail they got back up and continued running. They fell over more than I expected. When they fell, the figure destroyed a small area of the garden.

I move closer to my window, the clouds in the skies parted ways and the light from the crescent moon landed on the stranger to reveal Shirou. He had mud all over his clothes and face.

Yang: shirou? What is he doing outside?

???: he's training to readjust himself.

At the sound of the voice I turn to see Shirou standing behind me, giving me a serious glare but worried eyes. I knew he wasn't Shirou.

Yang: Ah! Muramasa! What are doing here? And what do you mean he's readjusting?

Muramasa: I came here because I sensed great negative emotion from your room and thought that you might in trouble.

The other Shirou moves to the window and looks down to watch Emiya. I mirror him and turn to face the actual Shirou. While I did, Muramasa speaks to me.

Muramasa: He's training so hard because he trying to gain a new balance. With only one arm, he needs to come up with a new style of fighting or else he won't be able to fight again.

Yang: He lost his arm but he still wants to fight?! Is he mad? Or just blood thirsty.

Muramasa: No. I can assure you he's very much sane and he certainly isn't a warrior. Shirou is different, he isn't driven to fight for what most people fight for.

Yang: Why? What do normal people fight for? I thought he fought to protect other and make them happy.

Muramasa: Most people fight for wealth, power, honour or for the thrill. Some fight to protect what they love. And you weren't wrong with what you said but it isn't entirely correct.

Yang; Then what does he fight for?

Muramasa: An ideal.

Yang: An ideal?

Muramasa: An ideal, a dream, a hope, a desire. You can call what you will but that's what drives the boy to fight even when he lost his whole right arm.

Yang: The dream to become a Hero of Justice? To save anyone that needs saving, no matter who they are or what they've done. Isn't that a bit-

Muramasa: Hypocritical. Quite so. It is a dream that's consumed almost every version of the boy. Some pursued that dream in different ways but for the majority it just lead them to a life of regret and misery.

Yang: (worried) Shirou.

Muramasa: While we're on this subject. Tell me, what's been waking you up and put you in this state.

Yang: A nightmare.

Muramasa: You too. It seems that many people are suffering from something.

Yang: What are you talking about?

Muramasa: I haven't told you but Shirou has been at this training since one in the morning. And this isn't the first time he's done this. For the last two nights he woken up from a 'nightmare' and gone to training.

Yang: Why does he have to be afraid of?

Muramasa: Remember kiddo, he maybe as power as a servant but he is still human. He still shares your emotions and fears. Shirou is at the point where he is at his weakest. He may pretend but he's hurt by his missing arm.

Yang: And how do you know?

Muramasa: I do have Shirou's personality and memories in my mind. I do understand how he feels. He shows no weakness, so others can have hope.

Yang: Hope?

Muramasa: Think about yourself. When you look at Shirou train himself to his very limits. What do you think of yourself? How do you Truly see of yourself?

Yang: Well, I feel like...maybe...I could do the same. He lost a bit more than me but he can push himself. So I can as well.

Muramasa: exactly, hope. Ms understand that no one will ever be able to feel how you did when you lost your arm and they can certainly never experience your pain but you can be damn sure that they'll never leave you to struggle with your demons.

Yang: Muramasa, what are his demons?

Muramasa: That I can't say. We maybe the same person inside but we've both lived different lives until this point. Ms here's some advice from your elders, This loss of your arm will change you and that is certain. But how changes you is completely up to you.

Yang: hehehe.

Muramasa: Did I something entertaining to you?

Yang: no, I appreciate your words of wisdom but playing an elderly card is funny for someone who looks so young.

Muramasa: Ah I see, yes this body is quite young but I must tell you that my mind is certainly the oldest here. I was an old man when I became a spirit.

Yang: haha. Tell me again how that works. Rin told me that your a formless servant that needed a body so chose EMIYA's body.

Muramasa: It isn't that simple my young lady. For one, I don't pick my body. I located a physical body that had some connection to me and then I had to ask the permission of the young man to use it.

Yang: Young man? I thought that Archer had existed far longer than you, counting that he is one of those Counter Guardian.

Muramasa: Ah, My Dear Yang, let me tell that there is a huge difference in living and growing. Archer may have lived longer than me but never he grew up. He let his regret and sorrow hold him back from learning acceptance and love.

Yang: Is Shirou's fate that sad?

Muramasa: Oh of course. What other fate does a boy that's already died deserve. When Shirou was saved by his father, he didn't save a child but an empty husk of one. The boy was doomed to have this fate from the moment he was saved by Kiritsugu. You could say that his father condemned him to this fate.

Yang: that's horrible, but this Shirou is here and-

Muramasa: No man can run from their outcome, even he knows this. All his action up to this point have been to provide him closure.

Yang: what closure could he need?

Muramasa: He wants to save as many people as possible before he becomes the famous killing machine that EMIYA is.

Yang: famous?

Muramasa: EMIYA is known throughout the Counterforce as Alaya's most trusted Guardian. Always completes his missions without fail, and has gone out on more missions than any other Guardian.

I felt so bad. Thinking and comparing my life and problems to his, mine feel so insignificant. I lost my arm but lived. Shirou is fated to loss his sanity and morality without any break or rest from the constant murder. I was spaced out but brought back to reality by the servant.

Muramasa: The sun seems to be raising. Is there any more question? Because I have to go downstairs and help shirou cook breakfast for everyone.

Yang: Sure, you said that the spirit Sengo Muramasa had a connection with Shirou Emiya. What was it?

Muramasa: You know what? I couldn't tell you. But there are many possibilities.

Yang: Like?

Muramasa: Our physically aspects match quite well.

Yang: an elderly man with a youthful looking man? I have my doubts.

Muramasa: hey! I maybe old but I wasn't always old!

Yang: hahaha. Sorry go on. What other link could connect Sengo and Shirou?

Muramasa: Well our mental states could also be a factor.

Yang: why? How does that work?

Muramasa: Well, Just like Shirou will be doomed to obsess himself over his ideals. I was obsessed with a desire in life.

Yang: And what was that?

Muramasa: To create a sword. One that would cut contracts and destiny. That could slay any god and their decrees.

Yang: did you succeed?

He stretched out his arm and summons his blade from its invisible state. I get a closer look. It was a sword about 3/4 his height and had a black hilt.

Looking at the sword and then at Muramasa, I see that he's quite upset at having to show me.

Yang: Is that it? you achieved what you wanted so why-

Muramasa: because I didn't create. It was accident. True it maybe my dream but as a sword smith I refuse to accept it.

Yang: Your a sword smith? I thought you were a swordsman.

Muramasa: Oh heavens no. I was old, all I could do was create legendary weapons so that others may create their own paths. To be fair I can't use any other sword other than Tsumugari Muramasa because they'll just break.

Yang: So that cut can cut destiny and outcome.

Muramasa: yes but right now in this state, it's nothing special. And it'll remain a bland sword until I use my speech. And that's what my Noble Phantom is. But a heavy cost.

Yang: why what happens if you use it?

Muramasa: this sword is a mistake like I said. It's a demonic sword that does what I desire but at the cost of my own life to swing it once at its full potential. So I don't intend to use it lightly. Christ if Rin knew then she'd you one of her command spell to prevent me from using it.

Yang: Rin doesn't know!

Crying out my shock, Muramasa gives me hard and threatening eyes as he grabbed the hilt of his sword

Muramasa: and she won't find out. Will she?

Yang: (scared) Nope.

Muramasa: good. So where were we? Sengos's link with Shirou that it. So there was physical, mentally and finally I believe that Shirou maybe a descendant of Sengo.

I chocked on the air coming into my lungs and had to cough to save myself. I looked at Muramasa with shock and surprise.

Yang: he's your descendant!

Muramasa: possible descendant. But yes that link would be powerful enough to link us two.

Yang: very well, tell me. Why is it that you don't have a physical form like the others?

Muramasa: that's because I'm not a Heroic Spirit or Counter Guardian. I was a sword smith, I did no heroic deeds worthy enough to put me in the Throne of Heroes. I am just mere wraith at this point...Is that all?

I just nodded. I look back outside to see that Shirou was gone. I look back at the leaving Muramasa.

Yang: Thank you Shirou.

Muramasa: Your welcome but it's Muramasa to you kid.

As he leaves I get out of my bed, I get changed and look at my missing arm and take a deep breath. I open the door and walk downstairs and sit down on the stairs hearing Rin, Ruby, Uncle Qrow and Dad laugh and banter, I considering whether to go or back to bed.

I was then surprised by another person joining next to me on the stair. I instantly recognize his red hair.

Yang: Shirou? I thought you were-

Shirou: downstairs cooking breakfast? I was, it's just that I let Muramasa take over so that I could take a shower. So are you going to join us?

Yang: I don't know? I feel like I isolated myself from them when I pushed them away. I refused their company and help before. How can they accept me now?

Shirou: they will. Because they love you. Yang trust me, they'll offer you their company and help over and over again, even if you reject them a thousand times. They're your family. Anyway, I have to make my way to get breakfast so I hope we see you downstairs.

He gets up, leaves me and gleefully smiles at me as a goodbye, sat alone. I get up and touch my check as I felt it raise temperature. I was blushing.

Yang: (thought) Sorry sis but between the two of them I've definitely fallen for him.

I get up and jog downstairs, getting silence and surprise from everyone except the two shirous. When they recovered, they gladly welcome me to the table.

———————————————————

[Chapter End]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78K 1K 23
(a/n: Disclaimer i dont own rwby or green arrow there owned by there rightfull owners please support the original releases) A/n: Oliver queen was a h...
31.5K 692 4
Miyuverse Shirou Emiya still has to complete his side of the contract in ensuring Miyu's happiness. As Alaya has given him the chance to fulfil the o...
183K 1.7K 33
(This is my first story so please don't hate it) (Y/N) is a ordinary Hedgehog Faunus along with his team who wants to get revenge on bad people who k...
712 22 3
Following the events of Volume 8, the gang falls deep into the abyss. Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang... Yet what they find is not a land of fairytale, by...