Behind | BaekYeon Fanfiction

By KEISSIEEE

━ ❝I love you,❞ That's what he said. ━ BAEKYEON FANFICTION STARTED: 081819 ; (100119 - Republished) COMPLETED... More

i n t r o
c h a r a c t e r s
z e r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
i m p o r t a n t

n i n e t e e n

268 25 0
By KEISSIEEE

19 • END OF THE DAY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TAEYEON'S POV:

It was finally night, we all had a long day, and at last, aunt Yena together with mister-I mean-uncle Sunggyu and Baekhyun are on our way to my house since I need to pack for my moving to the dorm tomorrow.

Yoon and I had already, finally, checked the dorm room we would be staying in and decided to move tomorrow first thing in the morning immediately so that it wouldn't hinder with our future schedules, although it will be her mom who would be moving her things with me, so no seeing Baekhyun and uncle Sunggyu, and being aunt Yena's assistant manager for tomorrow

"We're here!" aunt Yena beamed, probably really happy that she'll finally get to rest after a long day at her first day.

Baekhyun went out of the van first, well, he was the one sitting beside the car door, before I set my foot on the ground.

"Good night," Baekhyun told me which I replied with 'sweet dreams' before he hopped in the van once again, going in his final destination.

"Bye aunt Yena! Uncle Sunggyu! Take care!" I said before entering the gates soon after the van was out of my sight.

I quickly went to my room and took a quick, short bath, before changing into some comfortable shirt and pants and then finally started to pack everything I needed and will be bringing in the dorm, including my printer. We need that the most.

It was nine-eighteen in the evening when I finished packing everything and went straightly to the kitchen to prepare myself some ramen and bread after realizing that I haven't had any dinner, yet. I also prepared myself some milk, of course.

I was about to eat when my phone beeped continuously for a while before coming to a stop. The notifications were from instagram, I got a follower named 'softhair'.

"Softhair?" I asked myself before checking the other notification which was also from this so-called 'softhair.'

He sent a message.

softhair | [ 📷 ]
active now

09:21 PM

: Hello
: This is Baekhyun!

Uhh, are you sure? :

: I am!
:

Well, still.. :
How do I know that you're actually Byun Baekhyun? :
seen by softhair 09:23 PM

After sending that message, this softhair immediately invited me to a video call. I was hesitant to answer at first, but thought that I can just cover the front camera with my hands before answering.

"Why is it dark?"  the voice from my phone asked . It was slightly dim at first before the softhair person adjusting the lighting and there showed, in the screen of my phone, Byun Baekhyun.

"Ah, it really is you," I stated before finally resting my arms on the table, letting the other person see my face properly. "Why did you call anyway? And why are you using a different account?" I asked.

"Well, first, it's because you did not believe me, and second, I cannot follow you on my real account... yet." He said and then chuckled on the other line.

"Why did you have to follow me anyway?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing together as I stare at Baekhyun who went to lay down his bed.

"Cause why not?" Baekhyun replied and threw a playful smile just as I was about to eat my ramen. I miraculously found something to put my phone onto. "Wait, are you eating?" Baekhyun asked before sitting up and then leaning down his headboard.

"Forgot to eat dinner. Do you mind?" I said, and asked, pertaining to myself eating some ramen and bread while the two of us talk.

"I don't," Baekhyun replied. "But how and why did you forget to eat dinner by the way?" Baekhyun asked while I take a sip of my ramen.

"I prepared and packed everything first... got a little lost in time and finish, then saw that it's already, yeah, nine in the evening," I replied while pulling the bread apart before dipping one of the pieces into my ramen.

"You seriously do that?" Baekhyun asked. "Don't you usually eat ramen with egg or rice, but bread..?" He added, giving me an extremely questioning look, much to my amusement.

"Well, mister actor, I try a lot of things," I stated, dipping the second piece of bread into my ramen before finally eating it. "And bread and ramen just happened to be one of my favorites." I added and then smiled. I am slowly liking his reactions towards this, it's as if what I did was very alien to him.

"One of your favorites?" Baekhyun asked. "So, you mean there's more?!" Baekhyun added in disbelief. It was seriously evident in his face and voice. And all I did was nod my head before my smile even got wider.

"So..." he trailed off. "What are the others?" Baekhyun asked, finally relaxing himself.

"Well, if you really wanna know," I said and continued slurping my noodles, in a respective and proper manner, of course. "Well, if we're talking about bread, one of my favorites is dipping it in softdrinks. But I only do that when I'm alone, of course," I blabbered and paused to look at him before continuing.

"I also like to have ice cream as my filling. And also, have you tried eating rice with ice cream?"  I said, and the surprised look of him from earlier came back, although this one is much more intense than the previous one, and all I could do was chuckle at his expression.

"Ice cream and rice? Are you even serious, Kim Taeyeon?" Baekhyun said, almost screaming, but I felt him holding himself back from shouting.

"Mhm," I hummed in response, finishing off my bowl of ramen before drinking all of my milk. "I'm gonna wash the dishes first, wait," I said before standing up, and was about to leave when he spoke.

"Can't you atleast -- nevermind," Baekhyun said which just made me raise an eyebrow at him.

I placed my dishes in the sink before grabbing my phone from the table and bringing that thing that helps my phone lean on it while making sure at least the side of my face shows on the camera.

"Were you gonna say something? Say it now," I said and proceeded to wash the dishes real quick.

"Ah, nothing, don't mind it," Baekhyun said and just stayed there silently, watching me wash the dishes.

"Is it weird that I brought my phone with me?" I asked after washing the dishes, then drying them afterwards.

"Not really," Baekhyun replied, shaking his head lightly. "It's actually funny to see you look so concentrated and serious even at the littlest of things," he added, chuckling shortly after.

"Well, do you enjoy and smile while washing the dishes?" I asked, putting the slightly damp cloth away before resting by the dining area for a while.

"No," Baekhyun flatly replied. "I don't do them," he added and then flashed his mischievous grin.

"Then, who does?" I asked, I was in a state of shock that I felt my mouth hang open a little bit. "Don't tell me your manager does?" I added, finally sitting down my bed. I was walking towards my room the whole time we were talking about who washes his dishes.

"Right..." Baekhyun awkwardly replied. "Sunggyu-hyung used to wash my dishes..." Baekhyun trailed off but managed to add.

"So... did you eat dinner or not?" I hesitantly asked, trying to change the subject for a while.

"I did," Baekhyun replied. "I ate out," he added and smiled at the thought of him eating outside. Maybe on a fancy restaurant.

"So why are you smiling at the thought of eating out? Did you finally had the chance to talk one-on-one with aunt Yena?" I asked. I don't know why, but I was curious of the reason behind his smile.

"Uh, no," Baekhyun said. "I ate out, um, alone." Baekhyun said as his wide smile disappeared in exchange of a short and small yawn.

"Why don't you sleep?" I asked as my mind wondered how packed his schedules would be tomorrow as well.

And speaking of schedules.

"Nah, I'm good," Baekhyun replied as I immediately went to grab my laptop, place it on my bed, and get seated by the soft carpeted floor of my bedroom. "What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked, noticing my movements.

"Ah, nothing," I said, turning my laptop on. "I just remembered something," I added, sending a message to aunt Yena asking if she could probably give me Baekhyun's schedules tomorrow and onwards.

And since it's hard to type while holding my phone, I grabbed the nearest thing, which happened to be a tape dispenser, and plopped by phone up with its help.

"And that is?" Baekhyun asked, pertaining to me remembering something.

"Hmm," I hummed in response, just in time with aunt Yena seeing my message. "Nothing of great importance," I said and smiled towards the camera right after aunt Yena sent me the schedules and proceeded to print it all out so I went by the printer which was placed at the far corner of my room and connected it to my laptop while I left my phone on the bed.

"Are you printing something?" I heard Baekhyun say.

"Yeah!" I loudly replied, focusing on the papers coming out of the printer that had Baehyun's schedules.

"Well then, take your time," I heard Baekhyun say once again as I checked the papers that had come out of the printer.

What I experience earlier as an assistant manager to Baekhyun can't be even called a lot. Baekhyun has more schedules tomorrow and the other days compared to what he had today. Today's was the minimal and the maximum schedule Baekhyun had on the other days was four to five schedules a day.

I finished printing the schedules after some time and went back to sitting by the carpet and immediately showed Baekhyun the schedules I have sorted and stapled.

"So that not-so-important thing yout were talking about is my schedule list?" Baekhyun asked in disbelief. He was once again very surprised. "Two days of meeting and you never even fail to amaze me with the things you do, Taeyeon." he added. The way he spoke my name somewhat sounds so different.

"Well, I don't actually know why, but I just wanted to print your schedules out to be ready," I confessed. I wasn't that embarassed... but still embarassed.

"Why?" he proceeded to ask, which just caused me to roll my eyes playfully at him.

"I just said I don't know," I replied. "But maybe because I was speechless when you asked me about your schedule earlier and I had nothing to say," I honestly explained. Although I'm not actually so sure myself.

"Do you get hurt a lot?" Baekhyun asked all of a sudden which made me extremely baffled.

"No? Why?" I hesitantly answered and asked. I actually wasn't sure of what he was saying, but I answered anyway.

"You're so kind, it makes me wonder if you get hurt easily," Baekhyun stated seriously. "It makes me want to protect you, Taeyeon. That's the first thought that came into my mind when I saw you at the classroom yesterday, to be honest," he added, but he still sounded so serious that it kinda weirded me out in a much weirder way, like, I felt glad? But then again, that's just one weird part of me.

"I don't get hurt that much? I think?" I replied, still not sure of what to say.

"Really?" Baekhyun asked. "But what if I, like, did hurt you? What would you do?" Baekhyun asked again.

"Well? Maybe I'd stay away from you, I guess," again and again, I hesitantly answered. "But, okay, that was weird," I added.

"Welp! I guess that's what would you really do," Baekhyun said and chuckled.

I went to lay down my bed afterwards, not forgetting to keep the tape dispenser away and made sure all of my pillows are around me.

I never knew when the both of us fell asleep, but we talked a lot..

And that was how we ended our day.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

siijaye's note: 020320

omg. i finally updated! yay!

anyways, i guess they had more moments and chat than what i've planned, but that's good, too.

and why a tape dispenser? because that's the first thing i saw when i was in my work immersion (it was break when i was writing this chapter down in a paper, lol)

that's all for today! please stay tuned! and have a good day/afternoon/night!

mwuah! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2.3K 33
"W-where am I, what am I doing here, what are you going to do to me?" "Don't worry about it, your mine now babygirl" Choi Jiyeon was an ordinary teen...
17.5K 549 21
"I promise you I will always be here for you from now on, I'm not leaving your side." You giggle a little from his statement. "Is this your own way o...
2.7K 140 2
Baekhyun x Reader Doctor AU Your poor health had with time sucked out every bit of your lively personality, leaving you completely exhausted of livin...
21.7K 1.4K 45
Byun Baekhyun was one of the well known doctors at the most renowned hospital in Seoul. He had achieved his dream of being a doctor and lived comfort...