Wolves Of Mount Bay

By Devils_Assasin

Veta Mars has always been the outcast of her town, the odd ball, splattered in paint and holding a heavy desi... More

Chapter 1: Veta Mars
Chapter 2: Nikove Romanoff
Chapter 3: I Love Them
Chapter 4: Two Low Whistles
Chapter 5: Most Lovely Shade
Chapter 6: Susie Is A Bitch
Chapter 7: Time To Get A Job
Chapter 8: Shock
Chapter 9: Psychotic Jealous Girlfriend
Chapter 10: Do I Smell That Bad?
Chapter 11: Varcity Track
Chapter 12: Please
Chapter 14: Abuse
Chapter 15: Go Fuck Yourselves
Chapter 16: Grounded
Chapter 17: Deer In The Headlights
Chapter 18: Veta Mars
Chapter 19: Work
Chapter 20: Found Your Mate?
Chapter 21: Date
Chapter 22: Took A Bullet
Chapter 23: Veta, Veta.
Chapter 24: Room For More?
Chapter 25: Ah, Dickinson
Chapter 26: What If I Smell Like Dog Still?
Chapter 27: Im Sorry
Chapter 28: The Truth
Chapter 29: PDA
Chapter 30: Sittin In The Park

Chapter 13: Keep The Change

2.8K 157 105
By Devils_Assasin

Nikove

A knock came to the front door, pulling me from my deep sleep. I looked down at Ava who was curled up in my bed, her hair tousled and the scent of trees lingered.

Getting out of bed, I pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, heading out the bedroom, but not before glancing to Veta's studio in hopes she'd be in there.

Sam was saying hi and waiting by the door, I gave a small wave and Dimitri hurried down smiling, "Alright, I'm ready." He said calling bye to the house before they left to go wherever they planned.

Gianna handed me a plate as I entered the kitchen and I took it, thanking her before sitting down beside Kyro.

Mikael and Anya walked in smiling at each other in a heavy haze of admiration and love. They'd fucked at least seven times last night and it kept most of us up. Ava kept trying to get me going but I couldn't. Lately, it feels so wrong to touch her, to be with her.

"Anya, when you finish breakfast, go with Mikael and pull out two hundred and fifty dollars. Also get soap." Gianna said as she held both their plates out.

They took the plates and nodded before sitting across from Kyro and I. It was quiet, the house was quiet, and I think it's because of the big fight that happened last night.

Luca and Petra had a horrible fall out.

We all woke up- and Mikael and Anya had to put a pause on their fuck fest- to make sure the two didn't tear each other's throats out.

Gianna said pregnant werewolves tend to be overly protective of themselves and their babies.

Well it got very bad, so bad that Luca ran outside and went wolf, he's been gone since and probably won't be back until later today.

"What's the money for? Buying a hooker for Luca?" Kyro asked Gianna and I gave him a hard smack to the back of the head, shaking my head as he winced. He earned it for that question.

Gianna placed a foiled plate down and looked to it, "Petra's. Don't touch." She said as she pointed and emphasized not to touch it.

We all know better.

She wiped down the counters and looked over at Kyro, "It's for Veta. I'm buying a few of her paintings." She caught me off guard a bit. Gianna is a huge art enthusiast, I'm talking Picasso, Monet only the greatest.

The fact she's buying Veta's art says a lot.

Anya smirked across the table and leaned in, "You can tell your girlfriend that Veta's arts going to hang beside the monét in the hall." She said quietly and a bit hostile.

I ignored her hostility, I could've said I knew, that I believed her art should be in museums but I didn't.

Gianna placed a cup of coffee down and sat at the head of the table scrolling through her emails, "She paints our wolves." She said cocking an eyebrow and taking a drink.

I remembered her, painting me, my wolf, her focus and beautiful lips, barely parted as she thought on the detail.

A heavy and immense heat ran up my body, the emotions that came across filled with lust, desire and a hunger.

"Dude, I can smell how turned on you are. Tone it down." Kyro whispered, pulling my eyes from the eggs to him and then the others giving me worried looks.

Shit.

Gianna had a weird stare, but looked to the door and dropped it.

"I swear Petra hit my damn brain loose from my spine last night. She can pack a damn punch." Ava's voice cut through the kitchen and silence grew, fear and worry filled my body.

Ava walked over and sat down in my lap squirting ketchup all over my eggs, despite the fact I can't stand ketchup.

She took my fork, and I fought back the sigh that attempted to push through my lips.

"I have to go coach in an hour, but I have time for a quickie." Ava said looking back at me and cocking an eyebrow before putting a fork full of ketchup smothered eggs into her mouth.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "I smelt you all the way from the bedroom, weren't you thinking of me?" She asked looking suddenly accusing towards me.

If I don't sleep with her, she'll know.

I brushed her hair back and gave her a soft smile, "I was thinking about Italy." I lied, but a brief glimpse of hot and heavy sex in Sicily came to mind.

She grinned softly and winked before finishing my plate of breakfast. We had a quickie, and I pretended to cum, and when she left, I laid in bed and thought of how shitty this all is for Ava. Sure, she's a bit difficult, shit, she's possibly the most selfish woman I've ever met, but she loves me. I know she does, and she's loyal, faithful.

I'm a piece of shit.

Getting out of the bed, I got dressed and stopped as the door opened. Gianna walked in and leaned her shoulder into the wall, "Ava left, Petra's still asleep, Mikael and Anya went to run errands for me, Vyke is looking for Luca and Kyro left to use the school gym. Want to explain Veta?" She asked watching with very judgmental eyes.

I sighed softly and leaned back into the desk, gripping the table before shrugging, "She's my mate." I said calmly, quietly, and not realizing until I looked to Gianna and her brows furrowed, "Mate?" She asked.

Giving a nod as I watched the ground, just as confused as her. Werewolves aren't made, they're born. People tend to believe they're made through bites or some crap like that. But the truth is, only a werewolf can give birth to a werewolf.

Her eyes moved to my window, staring out it for a while, "What do you know about her mom?" She asked me but kept her eyes on the window.

I shrugged, "I just know she killed herself. You don't think she was a werewolf do you?" I asked Gianna who pulled her attention to me, "Werewolves don't mate with humans. It's not possible, our mate bond is birthed through the wolves, not us." She reminded me before staring around the room, "I'll figure out more, Clean up a bit." She scrunched her face before leaving and shutting the door.

All of Ava's stuff was on the floor, along with my books that she often stepped on and crinkled the pages of.

I did a few workouts and showered, trying to stay quiet and not wake the pregnant psycho upstairs.

She came down a little later sobbing and crying about how she wishes she had never met Luca, wishes she'd searched for her mate instead and all this intense dramatic thing that I feel I can oddly enough relate to...well to some of it.

Gianna came home a few hours later and thankfully took Petra out, saying they needed to go have some girl time and chat.

How Gianna manages to keep a ton of idiotic young adults alive and not kill us- is highly beyond me.

I had the house to myself, thankfully.

"Two slices of pizza and a side of macaroni and cheese." I said into the phone, noting no one will be home for lunch today. They're all scattered everywhere in town and even the city.

After finishing my order, I began sorting some of the books, and organizing my sock drawer to waste time.

Ding Dong!

Finally!

Getting up, I grabbed a ten off the desk and headed down the hall, pulling the door open. That one guy who's got a thing for Veta stood in front holding out a paper bag, "I put some napkins and a fork in there." He said with a small smile.

Great.

Handing him the ten, I took the bag and stepped back ready to close the door, "Uh, hey, that only costed five bucks. You want change?" He asked cocking an eyebrow at me.

I wanted him to leave me alone before I tear his head off. "Keep it." I said before shutting the door and going to the couch.

Placing the bag down, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a beer, popping it open.

A knock came to the door.

Seriously?! What is with this guy?

I went to the door, pulling it open, "I said keep the-" I stopped and stared down at the large canvas, my own eyes looking back at me.

Shit.

Veta stood upright and held the other canvas under her arm as she smiled nervously, "Sorry, I just wanted to drop these off." She spoke, and I melted like fucking butter to her voice, enchanted by her smile, absolutely dazed by her eyes.

She gave me a weird look and I mentally slapped myself, "Right, Gigi said she was buying some." I said idiotically.

Veta stood by the door, staring inside, oh shit, "Im sorry, come in. Here let me take it." I placed my beer down and took the larger canvas, holding it and walking with her down the hall.

We stopped at the empty long hall and I laid it up against the wall, "She'll probably hang them here." I stated while trying to ignore my hearts crazy beats.

Veta leaned one of the canvases into the wall and held onto the other one. Her eyes ran over it before she tucked her hair back and then held it out to me.

The wolf.

"You just seemed so...intrigued by it. I figured you'd like it." She said furrowing her eyebrows as she stared from the painting to me.

I didn't notice I was smiling until she smiled and I wanted to smile back but couldn't, because I already was.

"Thank you Veta, it means a lot to me. How much do you want for it? I can give you whatever you want." I meant it too.

She shook her head and waved it off, "Its nothing, I can paint a thousand wolf ones, plus Gianna paid more than enough." She said unaware of what she had painted at all.

She sniffed the air softly and laughed a bit, "Pizza and Macaroni huh?" She asked with a bit of a playful tone.

I stared at the painting a moment longer before  laughing softly, "Join me, I mean if you won't let me pay you for the painting, at least let me feed you." I joked while she blushed and stared down the hall nervously.

Ava.

"She's not here, no one is. I got the place to myself for the next hour." I said regretting how creepy it sounded when I said no one is.

She watched me for a moment before nodding once, "But don't kill me. If you do, I can't paint anything else for you guys." She said cocking a brow at me. Such a gracefully beautiful creature.

We walked to the living room and I turned on the tv as I gave her one of the pizzas and scooped some of the macaroni onto her plate. She began to protest when I went to put her more, "Kove, you have to eat too." She said it so naturally.

Kove.

I watched her for a moment and she dropped her gaze to her plate shyly, I wanted to lean over and kiss her. So badly.

Instead, I sat back and ate my food, watching her take a drink of her beer and laugh when something funny happened on tv.

I envied the tv, for being able to make her smile like that, laugh like that.

I'm entranced by her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 325 37
Currently editing and will republish everything once the entire book is done. ~~~~ Thea McAdams is bored. She's her town's notorious prankster, and...
Fated Mates By

Fanfiction

21.9K 1.3K 17
Pha has been in love with Beam for so long that he can't imagine being with anyone else. Unlucky for him Beam's mate shows up and ruins his plans. As...
137K 7.1K 33
Kat was special, since she could first shift her markings made her stand out. A Black and White Wolf among a primarily Brown pack, it was unheard of...
148K 8.6K 18
Maria can't explain what she is or what she's done. After all, it shouldn't be possible for a human to conjur fire from nothing but pure will, but th...