Thank You (Izuku X Momo) (On...

By MizuToriWP

The look on Yaoyorozu's face after she lost to Tokoyami was all too familiar to Midoriya. (Also on AO3 and Fa... More

Talking
Before the Fight
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
After the Fight
Against the Quicksilver
Explosive Emotions
End of the Festival
A Good Place to Start
A Surprise Offer
The Past Comes Back Swinging
An Explanation
What Even Is Izuku's Life?
The Internships Begin
Training
The Hero Killer: Stain
A Stain Wiped Clean
Coming to Terms
Prep for Finals
Finals
The Final Finale
Recovery
I-Island Emotional Expo
Dancing With Feelings
Dream Camp
The Test of Courage (and Love)
Quirk Evolution
Recovery... Again: Part One
Recovery... Again: Part Two
The Rescue: Part One
The Rescue: Part Two
The Rescue: Part Three
The Rescue: The Symbol of Peace
More Explanations
Home Alone
The Talk (Not That Kind...Well A Little Bit)
The End of the Aftermath
Brainstorming
Deleted Scenes
It's All Coming Together Now
The Exam Begins
What Is The Matter With Everyone?
Nice Day For A Swan Dive
Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)
Change
Sir
Ghosts of the Past
Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance
Ghosts Can Cry Too
Headshot
Happy Birthday Momo
Whatever Fate Awaits
Full Power
The Raid (Part One)
The Raid (Part Two)
The Raid (Finale)
Recovery...For the Third Damn Time
Sayonara, Nana
Curveball
One Small Step
We Got This

Fix It

15.1K 285 780
By MizuToriWP

Momo combed her hand through Izuku's hair as he slept in the morning rays flowing through the drapes. She should've been getting ready for school to begin for the next term, but she was understandably emotionally spent. She was ahead of the lessons anyway, and due to being her study partner, so was Izuku. So, his lockdown wouldn't hurt him too much academically speaking.

She had already texted Kyouka to pass along to her teachers that she was taking a sick day. "Mmph." Izuku began stirring and moving. "What time is it?"

"7:45."

"Ah!" Izuku shot up out of the bed and began rushing around. "We're going to be so late! We have to-...Oh, right." He was on lockdown...for four days. Izuku sat back down in a slouch on the bed. "I completely forgot I royally screwed up."

A pair of arms wrapped around his torso and Momo propped her head on his shoulder as she enveloped his back. "You did what most would have done years ago."

"That doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. You held strong against it all for so long. As bad as it sounds, you needed this. If you didn't let go, then it would have dragged you down for the rest of your life. The pressure and weight you've felt for all this time is finally lightened. And now you have me to help you carry it." She softly kissed his temple. "Don't forget that."

Izuku sighed, closed his eyes, and leaned back into her. "...It...I-It did feel good to finally hit him. Like, a real hit."

"Darling you're the lucky one. I'm sure most people that have come in contact with him have wanted to do that."

"Thank you. For being here, for listening last night, for helping me, for being you, for...for everything." Izuku turned himself around and hugged Momo tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Both leaned back and gave the other a loving kiss. Momo brought their foreheads together and the two sat in a comfortable silence.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"I'm staying with you today."

"And ruin your perfect attendance record?"

"You're far more important. And even I can say that the opening ceremony is boring. Besides, a perfect attendance record won't matter in the long run. Unless you want to be alone."

Izuku shook his head, "Nah. I was alone for too long. You're just what I need."

Momo chuckled, "I could've told you that."

"Ha ha," Izuku said sarcastically. He stood up and stretched. "I better get started on the chores though. Lockdown requires I clean up around here."

"...All Might is going to ask questions. No doubt he told Inko too."

"...I know."

"What are you going to say?"

Izuku sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I-I don't know. What should I do?"

Momo's eyes widened, "Izuku these are very serious things. Inko will be more worried than ever, not to mention she'll feel guilty. All Might will too."

"So they shouldn't know?"

"No, they should it's just... It's a lot Izuku. A whole lot. Telling them isn't like revealing you were the one that melted the gazebo when you were five and blaming it on the nanny."

"...Is that a personal experience?"

"Moving on! It's more serious than that. This...it changes things. Telling your parents that you were suicidal makes everything different."

Izuku nodded, "Yeah. Y-Yeah it does. Oh no she's going to send me to therapy."

"Is that such a bad thing?"

"I spent my entire life refusing to tell anybody, even you. So by the time I'm ready to tell a therapist I don't know my past, they'll be reading it from my last will and testament. Besides, I can't tell them my past. I can't run around telling people I used to be quirkless. My fake backstory can only work for so long. It's already suspicious enough.'

Momo shook her head and stood with him. She reached out to her partner. "I know it's hard Izuku. But it could hel-"

"I'm not going!" Momo retracted her hand in shock. "I-I-... I-I'm not going. Please." Izuku turned back to her. "Sorry, I just...No. No I'm not going to therapy."

"Therapy isn't showing a weakness."

"I don't care." Momo pursed her lips and looked at the determination in her boyfriend's eyes. He was absolutely dead set on not going to any form of therapy. It was strange to remember just how stubborn Izuku was. As much as it made her want to vomit, he was almost as stubborn as Bakugou. He would never accept the idea that he needs professional help. Izuku's idea of what a hero should be was nailed down, welded, and infused into his brain. And to him, a hero would never need therapy. A hero would be able to take anything thrown at him. Izuku not only has Bakugou's stubbornness, but he also has his trait of thinking he doesn't need help. Last night was one of the few times Izuku willingly opened up about his problems, and accepted help with them. At least help from Momo exclusively.

And all it took was for him to mentally snap and beat the ever living Hell out of Bakugou.

...Maybe stubborn was too light of a word.

"Okay. You don't want to go to therapy? Fine. But you have to help yourself if you won't let anyone else help you."

"I have you to help me."

"Yes, you do. But I can't do everything. Hugs, kisses, and kind words won't heal you completely. You need to change yourself."

"I have changed. You changed me. Momo, I finally like myself. After 11 years, I finally can look in the mirror and be proud of what I see."

"And I can't be happier. But if you were completely healed, then last night wouldn't have happened."

Izuku shook his head in confusion, "I thought you wanted me to be angry with Bakugou."

"I wanted you to see him for what he really was instead of always defending and forgiving him."

"I have. I've always seen what he really was."

"And now you finally showed that. You're at a fork in the road now Izuku. Where you take your "relationship" with Bakugou depends on your choice here. Do you not want to go to therapy? Do you want to fix it all yourself? Then you have to choose here. Whether you push Bakugou away forever, or give him one last chance is the first step."

Izuku nodded in acceptance, "Yeah...Yeah you're right."

"But, if you give him one last chance and he doesn't accept it or even try in the slightest, it's done. It's over. He's out of your life for good, do you understand?"

Izuku nodded once more.

"And if your previous behaviour surrounding him continues, then you will go to therapy. I'll even get a psychology degree if I have to just to get you to see a professional. I never want to force you to do anything you don't want to, but this is too much to simply let you take the wheel all alone."

"Okay." Izuku felt that there was no point in arguing. Momo was the authority when it came to his life. "...You don't want me to give him a last chance do you?"

"No. Not in the slightest. He doesn't deserve it."

"Yeah, h-he doesn't."

"...But you're still going to give it to him, aren't you?"

"I-I don't know. Honestly, probably not."

Momo sighed, "I'll support you, but I won't like it. Not until he-...Excuse me?"

"I think I'm done. No more." Momo looked to Izuku in shock. That was not what she was expecting. Izuku was the forgive and forget type. Heroes shouldn't hold grudges and all that. Momo fully expected that now that Izuku had finally let out all of his steam, he would apologize to Katsuki and try to move on. Izuku wanted Bakugou to be his friend, and Izuku was very persistent. He wouldn't just stop.

"Really? Just like that?"

"Last night...wasn't my proudest moment. But, I can't deny what it was. I can't just forget what all that anger was about. I also can't forget that he almost had no idea what I was talking about at first. It was like all those years bullying me was nothing but an afterthought. It was like asking him to remember if he brushed his teeth on a specific day five years ago. He doesn't care. S-So...why should I? We're grown up now. I might've said he's always going to be a part of my life, but that doesn't mean he has to always be present in it."

"But you said he'll always find a way back."

"Yeah, he will. But at the right time. Like when I'm the one ranked number one...or when I graduate top of the class above my girlfriend."

"Very funny...and not happening." Momo chuckled and wrapped her arms around Izuku, and he did the same to her. She could tell that no matter what Izuku said, he was still conflicted. His heroic soul was screaming at him to let it all go and try to forgive Katsuki. And the side of him that emerged the night prior (and hopefully the rational part of his brain) was telling him to bury the hatchet and go their separate ways. There was still no telling what Izuku would do once he came face to face with Katsuki. "Izuku?"

"Hm?"

"We're trainwrecks."

Izuku laughed, "I'm far more of a trainwreck than you."

"We'll just blame it on our parents," She joked.

"Hopefully we do better."

Momo raised a brow and leaned back to look Izuku in the eye. "Us with kids?"

Izuku's eyes widened. "U-Uh I mean, i-it was a part of the joke. N-Not that I don't want kids with you! Not now of course but I-"

Momo stopped his muttering by kissing his cheek. "I get it. Me too." The two smiled at each other. "...But, if we were to have children in the future, what kind of child would you want?" Talking about the future was something that became scary as time went on at U.A as more and more troubles sought them out. But, this was an idea that Momo actually wanted to entertain. It was far too early to think about having children, but it would be nice to think about.

"What kind? Well human for one."

"Very funny. I'm serious though. For instance, do you want a son or daughter?"

Izuku decided to take the conversation seriously and thought about his answer. "Daughter."

"Really?" Momo said, her eyebrows going up.

"Yeah. W-Why, is that bad?"

"No! Of course not. It's just weird to think about. A very good weird though." Momo watched as Izuku grew a smile in agreement. She could see him piecing together what their child and future would look like. His smile only grew wider. A happy train of thought like that was exactly what he needed. "C'mon. Let's get something to eat and get back to bed. If you haven't noticed, we barely slept last night."

Izuku solemnly nodded, "Yeah, but I have chores to do on lockdown. I have to face the music at some point."

"Bakugou?"

"No. Iida." Momo chuckled as they walked out the door and down to the first floor. Most of the class sat around the common area waiting for their time to head to the opening ceremony. Katsuki was already vacuuming down floors and cushions. He was still covered in a few bandages and a near blank expression adorned his face. "I better find the chore list."

"No need." Tenya suddenly appeared behind the two. "Bakugou has already told Mr. Aizawa that he would do all chores alone. I do however disagree with this notion. I believe you deserve due punishment you rough-housing heathen! Now not only are you two going to miss class, but also the opening ceremony. Are you stupid!? We just obtained our licenses, and now yo-"

"Enough Iida." Momo halted his tirade. "He's on lockdown, and he didn't throw the first punch. He's heard enough from Mr. Aizawa, and he doesn't need anymore from you. You're class president, not the teacher." As Iida began stumbling on his words, Momo dragged Izuku away towards the kitchen. Anyone else that was planning on asking about the fight immediately backed away and went back to their business.

"He's not wrong."

"Iida is great. But, sometimes he just needs to take the stick out of his ass." Izuku's eyes widened in shock at the phrase. "Sorry. Sorry I just-"

"Defensive girlfriend; I get it. Thank you. But it's really not Iida's fault. It's not like he knows why we fought. If he did, I'm sure he would at least somewhat understand."

The two entered the kitchen and Momo leaned against the counter. "I know. I guess some of my anger is still lingering."

"It's not going away for a long time. You just kind of learn to control it...Or you snap and beat the crap out of a blonde."

"Maybe I can use Toga," Momo joked. "So no chores for you?"

Izuku nodded, "Yeah. Do you think he did it as an apology?"

"That's not going to make up for it all."

"Obviously, but at least it's a sign that he's actually sorry...Or he took the chores so we don't have to interact with one another."

Momo shrugged, "Maybe both."

*BRRRRZZZT*

Izuku's phone vibrated and he pulled it out of his pocket. He lifted it up and grimaced. "All Might is coming to talk to me after school is over."

"And what are you going to tell him?"

Izuku closed his eyes and shook his head. "I-I don't know. I really don't want to talk or think about it anymore. Last night was my limit. Distract me."

"With what?"

"Uh...Ask me about our kid again."

"Oh, okay." Momo pulled out two stools at the kitchen counter and the two sat down. "What features will they have? Do you think they'll have my hair or your hair?"

"A mix. Either curly black hair or straight green hair."

Momo smiled, "What about our eyes?"

"Well, the m-more I think about it, this could all change depending on if they get a quirk that changes it."

Momo leaned her head on her hand. "True. Just imagine having a child that looked nothing like us. Like if they had white hair and red eyes." Momo laughed, but realized Izuku had a serious look on his face. "Izuku?"

Momo could just barely hear Izuku say under his breath, "Their quirk." Oh. "What if they don't have a quirk because of me?"

"Izuku, it'll be-"

"I'm already strange. Both of my parents had quirks, yet I came out with nothing. I was a defect. What if their life is ruined because their dad was an anomaly and was randomly born without a quirk? I don't thin-"

Momo stopped Izuku before he could go on a muttering spree by cupping both sides of his face. "Izuku. Stop."

"But what if-"

"Who cares? If they don't have a quirk, we'll never let what happened to you happen to them. Ever. You know that. You were rejected from being a quirkless hero, so change that for them. That is, if they even want to be a hero. You also seem to forget that there was never, and still isn't, anything wrong with you. And nothing will be wrong with our children."

Izuku gave a shaky laugh, "This distraction didn't help, did it?"

"No. But, it was fun at first."

"...I don't want to tell All Might everything."

"Then tell him at least something. You're his student, successor, and surrogate son. I don't want to sugar coat this either, so remember this. He deserves to know the mental state of the boy he's placing his legacy on. He doesn't deserve to suddenly learn years later that the boy he gave his power to has far more issues than he knows."

"Issues...I hate that word."

"But, is it wrong?"

"...No."

"And does All Might deserve to know?"

"Yeah. I still think I would rather go to class than deal with this anymore."

Momo patted his cheek and went to the fridge. "We've been ahead of the lesson plans for weeks now. We won't miss anything important."

...

"Holy crap we missed everything." As evening arrived and the rest of Class 1-A was lounging about the dorms, the couple began learning about all of the apparent important things they had missed that day. Granted, really it was only a single thing that they missed, but it sounded highly important. Apparently the students would undergo work studies if they so desired. The problem with that was the couple had no idea what it was. And no one was allowed to tell them. They were already not allowed to tell Izuku, but Mr. Aizawa had said to keep it quiet to Momo because she would surely tell him about it. "Now we really are behind."

Momo sighed, "Just a little. We'll be just fine. I'll be back in class tomorrow and they can't hide it forever. We'll simply learn it when you get back from lockdown." Izuku slumped his head into Momo's lap as they awaited All Might's arrival to Izuku's bedroom.

"You'll be caught up with everything, but you can't tell me about it. I'll have to make up for everything I miss."

"Izuku, it will be fine. We have something more important to worry about at the moment. So just relax." Momo leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"Aw, that's sweet."

"Ah!" Both teens shot up to see a face emerging from the wall and smiling at them.

"So you two are the excitable first years that got into a fight with the other kid. Well, one of you fought. The other got hurt, but whatever. I just wanted to check you out and see what's what."

Izuku raised an eyebrow, "And you are exactly?"

"You'll find out soon enough. The real question is, how am I doing this if you two are on the second floor?

"Mirio, you're really heavy! You're making it hard to fly. Hurry up!" A feminine voice came from the other side of the wall.

"Ignore that. All will be answered eventually. Anyway, keep your spirits high!" The face suddenly vanished into the wall without a trace.

Momo blinked a few times and finally said, "Is it bad that I'm not fazed by this in the slightest?"

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Young Midoriya? I'm not going to enter until I'm completely certain nothing intimate is going on in there."

Izuku opened the door and All Might walked in. Once the door was closed, All Might sat in Izuku's desk chair and Izuku sat down on his bed. They sat across from one another with Momo to Izuku's side. "So...care to explain yourself?"

"... Would it make you feel better to tell you that I won?"

"A little. Wait, I mean no. I was told that Young Bakugou's injuries were extensive. I have no doubt that Bakugou was the one who started the fight, but that was not simple self defense. I know your history with each other isn't a good one, and he is the blame for it. But, Young Midoriya that was borderline assault. What caused such behavior from you?"

"I was suicidal."

Toshinori gave a small chuckle. "That's definitely what many would call attacking Young Bakugou. But I want a serious answer."

"I gave you one."

All Might squinted, "Young Izuku I-"

"He's not joking." Momo interrupted.

All Might scoffed, still thinking it was some kind of joke. But, he looked at the dead serious gazes of the two teens in front of him. Momo's at him, and Izuku's at the floor. "Are you...? Come on that's...not funny. That's..." Toshinori thought back to Izuku's behavior when he first met the kid. He shoulders were always brought in, no confidence whatsoever. He had no friends, no father, barely any life in his eyes. He was small, scrawny, couldn't defend himself in the slightest, and flinched at nearly everything. For the first few months of training, Izuku was the biggest chatterbox he had ever seen. And while getting to know Inko, she had told him that Izuku barely spoke a word a home. It was only ever small talk or regular pleasantries. It was like Izuku was trying to talk as much as he could before going back into silence for what was left of the 24 hours of the day. He wasn't able to give Izuku even the smallest bit of constructive criticism in his training or the kid looked like he was about to have a heart attack. The pieces all fit the puzzle that All Might was too ignorant to see. "...true, isn't it?"

Izuku nodded. "Last night when he tried to fight me, something just snapped. It all just came flying back and the next thing I knew I was attacking him."

All Might put a hand to his forehead and closed his eyes. He opened and closed his mouth repeatedly at a complete loss for words. "I-...You said 'was'. So that means you're not anymore?"

"Yes. I haven't thought that way for a long time." All Might sighed and rolled the chair to be directly in front of Izuku. He brought the boy to his chest and held him tightly. Izuku brought his arms up and returned the hug. Momo gave a small smile at the sight. She could see a few tears brim in All Might's sunken eyes, which she understood why. She cried plenty the previous night. What was strange to her was that Izuku had not cried once in the last 24 hours. In fact, Izuku had not shed a single tear for quite a long time. Being emotional used to be one of his staples. Yet, now he seemed to take everything in stride and move forward. His sheer bluntness with his reveal to All Might was a testament to that. His stutter was slowly disappearing too. It happened once in awhile, mostly when he was embarrassed. But, it used to be much worse.

All Might leaned back and looked to Izuku. "How long?"

"A few years. About 3 or 4. The exact time is hard to pinpoint. But, I'm fine now." Momo nudged his side. "Well, a lot better. I still probably have some things wrong up here," he said, pointing up to his head. "But, all the pressure in my system that had been building up finally released. So I'm good. I think I just need people to talk to about it, and I have that. So I'll be fine. Are you okay?"

Toshinori gave a laugh, "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" Izuku merely shrugged. It was going far better than he had expected. "And Young Bakugou..."

And then it went downhill.

"He's not entirely to blame. But, he's the main cause" Momo said. She turned to Izuku, "Sorry, but I needed to say that before you instinctually defended him to any degree."

"That's fair," Izuku agreed.

"He bullied you, correct?" All Might said, getting the teens attention back.

Izuku nodded, "Yeah. It started back when we were abo-" All Might suddenly stood from his chair and began walking to the door. "Wha-? Where are you going?"

"To expel Young Bakugou."

"What!? Okay hold on!" Izuku sped to the door and blocked All Might. "Let's just talk this over for a se-"

*POP*

All Might was suddenly in his buff form. He lightly picked Izuku up, placed him out of the way, went back to normal, and walked through the door.

"...What just happened?"

Momo shrugged, "I don't know, but I don't think I'm even going to attempt to stop him." Izuku groaned and ran out the door. He launched Black Whip at All Might and wrapped it around his waist. He dragged the former pro back into the room and closed the door.

"Just wait!"

"Young Izuku he doesn't deserve to be here."

Momo raised her hand, "I agree." Izuku looked at her in exasperation. "Uh, but I'm also a very supportive girlfriend. So hear Izuku out no matter how little sense it makes."

"C'mon, really?"

"That's the best you're getting out of me Darling. Take it or leave it."

Izuku threw his hands up in defeat and continued. "First, you don't have the power to expel anyone. So even if you wanted to, you can't."

All Might nodded in agreement, "True. But, Aizawa and Nezu do. And once they hear that-"

"That what? One of their students is being accused of extreme bullying with no evidence whatsoever except for the word of two students that Mr. Aizawa already has stated he doesn't trust. And from the teacher he doesn't really like. Not only that, but you're accused of favoritism as it is. Your support of me in this situation will just be brushed off as you taking a liking to me. If anything it'll be seen as making excuses to get me out of trouble for the fight."

"Aizawa has seen Bakugou's behavior towards you. And Nezu knows about our situation with One For All. They should believe us."

"Aizawa has also seen me punch Bakugou in the face during finals, and break the rules more than most. Bakugou also hasn't acted out for a while besides last night, and I'm still on his "troublemaker" radar. I'm just as bad as Bakugou in his eyes."

"That's not true."

"To some degree it is."

All Might scoffed and began pacing. Momo pursed her lips. "It's quite frustrating, isn't it?"

"What about your old middle school? Don't they have record of his previous behavior? I'm sure Nezu could go through the files and-"

Izuku shook his head. "No. Bakugou was never formally written up. Actually he was encouraged sometimes. The teachers didn't want to ruin his chances at being a hero. Most of the kids there also wouldn't say anything. They liked Bakugou far more than me."

"There has to be plenty of kids who were just scared to act out. We can find them and ask."

"...I also just don't want Bakugou expelled."

All Might stared at Izuku for a couple of minutes in silence. He tossed up his hands in exasperation and slumped back down in the desk chair. "I-...I don't...Just explain. Just go ahead and explain."

"I want him to watch as I become the number one hero. I want to prove him wrong. I want to see him change in some way. If he can't change then so be it. Hell, I haven't even decided if I want to give him a chance. But...I don't know. It's like I told Momo, if he left I'd be thrown off balance. And I can't afford that right now. It'll be handled, I just don't know how. Except, I know it'll be handled by me. So, just leave it to me. I got this."

"No you don't."

"I agree, no."

"Guys. Please." Izuku looked at the two, awaiting his answer. He knew he wasn't exactly the best person to handle his own bad situation. But, Momo said he needed to fix it himself if he refused to get professional help. So he would. He still had Momo for emotional help just like he promised. But, Momo had done so much for him already and he did nothing. She tried to guide him but he simply continued to ignore his problems. It was his turn to put himself on the right path

...He just wasn't sure which one it was.

"...Fine." All Might shook his head. "I don't agree with this, but I do trust your judgement. As your mentor, I can't hold your hand through everything. I have to let you handle things on your own. I think I haven't helped you enough given our time together, but this is something you clearly want to handle yourself. But, if he acts out one last time, it's over. He's out of here no matter what."

"Okay."

Momo stood and walked to Izuku to grab his hand. "You already know my conditions, and they align with All Might's. Just don't forget-"

"I have you for support. I know. How could I ever forget that?"

"Uh..."

"Don't answer that." Izuku kissed her cheek and and kissed her knuckles. Everything would be okay.

"What about your mother?"

God Damnit.

All Might raised his hand to his chin. "I don't think Bakugou would survive if she found out."

Izuku nodded, "Yeah, Mom's a whole different problem. She should know, but it might just make everything worse. I doubt she'll agree to my terms. And she'll just feel even more guilty than before."

"Guilty? For what?"

"It's a really long story All Might."

"We have time."

Izuku sighed and sat down. "I'll skim over the less important details."

...

After Izuku was done retelling his story, minus the divorce and the fake note, All Might realized it was worse than he thought. "So...on the rooftop...when I told you no..."

"I didn't."

"But you would have. And it would've been my fault."

"It would have been FAR from your fault. You didn't even know who I was, and you didn't exactly lie."

"He kind of did," Momo interjected. "He was quirkless and yet he told you no. It's hypocrisy."

"But, he didn't become a hero until he got the power. He wasn't wrong."

Momo raised an eyebrow, "There are plenty of heroes without combat based quirks. I'm sure a quirkless is possible."

A small smile bloomed on Izuku's face, "I wish the rest of the world had your beliefs."

"She's not wrong." All Might went down on his knees and bowed to Izuku. "I'm so sorry for what I said that day."

"A-All Might I-"

"My pessimistic outlook on life after my injury made me lose sense on what my job was. Not just to those with quirks, but those without. I failed you that day and the consequences could have been catastrophic. I'll never wake up another day without my actions weighing heavy on my heart."

Izuku got down onto his knees in front of All Might. "As much as I believe you shouldn't apologize, I've come to learn we share a lot of traits. So I know you won't accept being not guilty of anything. I guess I know how you can make it up to me." All Might raised his head and looked at Izuku. "Train me to be the best hero this world has ever seen."

All Might chuckled as he brought Izuku in for another hug. "Deal."

"Also, never break my mom's heart or your stomach won't be the only thing missing."

All Might nodded, "Fair enough. But, speaking about your mother. Let's get back on topic. Are we telling her?"

"Actually, she might already know." Both turned to Momo in confusion.

"What do you mean Momo?"

"Well, back in the hospital she came to talk to me. She talked about how your behavior terrified her and she was afraid that some nights you wouldn't come back. She was also afraid to walk into your room at times, afraid of what she might see. She talked about all the things she knew you were hiding and how you faked smiling a lot. Mother's intuition and all that."

"O-Oh boy."

"And you did promise no more secrets, right?"

Izuku bit his lip in concentration, "... I'll talk to her. I can't ask to leave the dorms so suddenly, so I'll ask tomorrow. I'll go alone this time."

*BZZZT*

Toshinori pulled out his phone and looked it over, "Damn. Staff meeting. I have to go." He looked to Momo. "I trust you'll take care of him?"

"Better than anyone."

Toshinori nodded and ruffled Izuku's hair and looked him in the eyes. "Thank you for telling me this my boy. We'll work through it all, and I'll be right beside you." Izuku nodded, and Toshinori took his leave. As he got to the first floor, he began lamenting on everything.

All Might thought that when All For One was behind bars, things would become so much simpler. How exactly was he so dead wrong?"

"Damn dust!"

Toshinori turned to see Katsuki vigorously dusting window sills and corners. The boy turned to see All Might looking at him. "All Might..." Began walking to the exit. "Wait, are yo-?"

"I suggest you get back to work. You're on lockdown," Toshinori responded coldly.

"I know he told you. And I know about his quirk...or at least I think I do. I'm not going to say anything. And about Deku I-"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you finish your chores before Aizawa finds out you're slacking." All Might opened the door and exited.

Complicated indeed.

(3 Days Later)

"Do you think you can subtly leave your phone on and I can listen to the lessons?"

"No, Izuku. You're not allowed to hear in on any lessons. Aizawa's orders. Besides, you should be focused on talking to your mother today. You're lucky Mr. Aizawa even allowed you to leave at all. All Might had to pull a billion strings just to get Aizawa to consider the idea."

"So you cross the line at breaking the rules to actually learn something?"

Momo raised a brow and pursed her lips, "Hmm...Yep. Have a good day, and good luck. I love you."

Izuku groaned over the phone, "Love you."

Momo ended the call and put her phone in her skirt pocket. Izuku was still on edge about missing out on school, but she knew he would be fine. The lessons for the last couple of days had been fairly basic all except for the work study. She had learned a fairly vague description of it under the promise that she wouldn't tell either of the "delinquents".

She had no idea where she was going to go for it. It would be nice to go back to Edgeshot. She did miss him. But, it would also be good to learn from other pros. She had time, however. So as long as nothing too exciting happened, she could focus her thoughts on it.

Mr. Aizawa stood from his desk and addressed the class. "I was going to wait for Midoriya to get back, but the work studies are getting closer and we'll soon be on a time crunch. So, here to talk about the work studies in depth are students that have experienced it all. They are the third year students that reign over all of the others. We call them..." The door to the class opened, revealing three students. And one was alarmingly familiar to Momo. "...The Big Three."

'The Big Three? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before. It seems mystery face was one of them.'

Aizawa motioned to the students, "How about some introductions?" The raven haired teen on the far right stepped forward and gave off an intense stare...and then immediately turned around and faced the wall.

"I can't do it. Only their heads turned into potatoes, but they're bodies were normal. It just made it worse. I want to go now."

The beautiful bluenettte of the group stepped forward. "Don't worry about Tamaki. He's got the heart of a flea. I'm Nejire Hado. And..." Nejire suddenly took in a very large breath, and shot forward to Shoji. "What's with the mask? It's so weird." Before Shoji could answer, Hado was already gone to the next student. "Can you support your weight with your tail? Do those finger pads make it hard to hold things? Todoroki, how did you get your burn? Ashido, can your horns grow back? Can they move? Yaoyorozu, are your breasts so big and everything else so lean because your body needs a place to store all it's extra fat for creation?"

"What!? Of course no-...Oh my God do they?"

Shouta looked to Mirio, "Is she always like this?"

"Eh, kinda. Sorta. All the time. Don't worry Eraserhead! I'm the main event here!" Mirio put himself in front of his friends and thrust his body forward with a hand to his ear. "Alright! So what's the outlook here!" The whole class sat in silence and confusion. "Grim! Very grim! That wasn't what I was looking for."

Momo's eyes widened. 'One is extremely socially awkward and shy. The other has a hyperactive quirk obsession with a seemingly endless air supply. And the last one has an odd amount of charisma and social optimism about hero work. It's like if Izuku split into three people.'

"Hey, I get it. Three random third years show up to talk about a work study that you're not even required to do. It doesn't really matter to a lot of you. But, you all got your licenses as first years. Now that's impressive. You guys like action don't ya? And since this talk isn't going so well, how about we really get you all interested. How about you take on me?"

"Wait, what?" Most of the class said.

Mirio turned to Aizawa, "C'mon Eraserhead. Don't you think this will give them a real sense of what they should push for in the future?"

"Hmm..."

"You can sleep while we do it if you want."

"Everyone to Gym Gamma."

...

"So who's first?"

Sero raised his brows, "This is actually happening?"

"Sure is!"

Amajiki pressed his head against the far wall, "Mirio, don't do this. It's clear they aren't aiming for the top right now. You'll just break them."

Nejire was moving Mina's horns back and forth with one hand and twirling Kyouka's jacks with the other. "Yeah! Who knows, they might quit after being discouraged. Someone's done that before, didja know that? Huh?"

Tokoyami raised a hand, "Now hold on. We've fought against real villains and heroes, even if the heroes had handicaps."

Kirishima nodded, "Yeah, we've done a lot more than most people our age. Yet, you really think were weak."

Mirio gave a bright smile. "No. You're not weak. You just don't know what you're doing. So who's first? Let's see who has some spirit!"

Momo wanted to go first, but she had no idea what Togata could do. She was far more combat efficient than she was at the beginning of the year. She could confidently say she was one of the most well rounded students of their year when it came to skills in combat and support. But, she still liked to have some idea of what she was going into before fighting unless she had some kind of idea of the dangers. But...wasn't that the point of being a hero? Taking on fights against villains who they had no clue what they could do. And Izuku was just like that. He ran into everything with no remorse...Whether that was brave or stupid, the jury was still out on that one.

'I guess I'll have to flip that coin.'

"Me!" Everyone turned to look at Momo as she walked forward to Mirio.

Kirishima's eyes widened, "Yaoyorozu? Really? I didn't expect you...like, at all."

"I guess we're on the same page then."

Mirio spread his arms out and smirked, "Ho! Ho! So you approach me? Even after the warnings of my comrades?"

"I can't beat you if I'm far away."

"Ah, very well then. I accept your cheap provocation. Let the battle commence."

Momo took a wide stance and bent at the knees. She rolled up her sleeves to be above her biceps. Multiple glowing spots appeared over her exposed areas.

'Why do I get the feeling this isn't going to end well?'

"Alright! Come at me!"

...

Izuku opened the door to his old apartment and walked in. He walked by his old room and saw the door was ajar. He looked at his window and frowned. Reliving his past reminded him of all the terrible and lonely nights he had here. He had his mom, who tried to help. But, he pushed her away a lot. He was afraid of her finding out anything. It was ironic that he was finally there to tell her everything.

"Izuku?" Said teen turned his head to see his mother standing at the end of the hall.

"H-Hey Mom...Can we talk?"

A/N: Holiday season is a bitch folks. Sorry about the wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 2.2K 27
It's been a week since the Overhaul incident nobody except a certain ponytail girl noticed how strange her classmate izuku midoriya is acting,after a...
49 0 2
Fem!Reader is going through her first heat. Both Midoriya and Bakugou catch her at the start, but who will claim her first?
54.5K 1.2K 7
Izuku Midoriya has been send back in time by accident because of one of Hatsume Babies but that wouldn't be bad as Izuku will meet the 7th user of OF...
53.1K 608 22
a fanfiction about Deku/ Izuku Midoriya and Creati/ Momo Yaoyorozu from an alternate universe. This story focuses on two students of UA experiencing...