Christianity Plain and Simple

By koreanwriter01

A new Christian wanting to learn about the biblical doctrines of Christianity? An old Christian looking to le... More

Ground Rules
The Bible
Who Is God?
Who Is the Father?
Who Is Jesus Christ? (Part One)
Who is Jesus Christ (Part Two)
Who Is Jesus Christ (Three)
Who Is the Holy Ghost?
What Is Salvation?
What Is Hell?
What Is Heaven?
Christian Growth (1)
Christian Growth (2)
What Is Church?
What Is a Cult?
Baptism
The Lord's Supper
Marriage (1)
Marriage (2)
Divorce
Who Is Satan?
Addictions
Which Bible Should We Use? (1)
Which Bible Should We Use? (2)
Holidays
Israel
Prayer
Judging Others (1)
Judging Others (2)
Who May Be a Pastor?
Bible Words Explained
The Fear of the Lord
Meditation in the Bible
The Biblical View of Pride
Government
The Bible and Sexism (1)
Riches
In Defense of Paul
Who Were the Apostles?
Who Are Prophets and Priests?
Who is Mary?
Sex in the Bible
Racism and Christianity
Christian Dress
The Bible and Sexism (2)
Our Relationship With the Law
The Bible and Homosexuality
The Bible and Magic, Astrology, Chakras, Etc.
What Is Sin?
The Fate of Other Religions
Prophecies in the Bible (1)
Prophecies in the Bible (2)
Evolution in the Bible
What Are Angels?
Prophecies in the Bible (3)
What Are the Covenants and Why Do They Matter?
The Will of God
Judgement Day
Holy Healing
Knowledge, Wisdom, and Understanding
Bible Book Purposes
Tithing
Offerings
Persecution
Music as a Christian
Anger
Reprobate
Predestination
Head Covering
Abortion
I've Always Been a Christian
Vows and Promises

Questions About the Birth of Christ

55 8 5
By koreanwriter01

There are  two questions asked about the birth of Christ that I would like to address today, seeing it is the Christmas season.

Matthew and Luke both record the birth of Christ. The first because Matthew shows the side of Jesus Christ which is the king, and the line of a king is very important. The second is because Luke shows the side of Jesus Christ which is a human, and it shows Christ relation to Adam, the father of all humans.

The first question is why does Jesus Christ have two lines? For example, if you read the book of Matthew, it says that Joseph was begotten from Jacob and gives a list of fathers, but if you read Luke, it says Joseph was the son of Heli with a slightly different line. Why is this?

The first line is Joseph's biological father. He was begotten, or literally physically came, from Jacob. The second line though is the line of Mary. Joseph was not the biological son of Heli, but the son in law of Heli. The reason we know this is because there are other people mentioned in this line who are not biological sons of other men, but merely "adopted" such as Adam being the son of God. The reason the men are traced and not the mothers though is because the line needed to be traced to David, as David was the one who the promise of the Messiah was to come through.

Another question often asked is how can Jesus be the Messiah and future king of Israel, because in the line of Joseph, there is the man, Jeconiah. The reason they ask this is because God told Jeconiah that none of his descendants would sit on the throne as punishment for his wickedness.

The answer to this is that Jesus Christ is not the son of Joseph, but of Mary, physically. So since Mary does not have Jeconiah in her line, it does not matter that Joseph does. Jesus is not the son of Joseph, but as the Bible says, is called the son of Joseph.

I wanted to answer these two questions, as they are common ones I have heard, and at times the first of these two had also puzzled me.

Merry Christmas to all, and may you the Lord bless each and every one of you with His light! If any of you have any questions or want to know how you too can be a child of God and know the Lord, just send me a DM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 30 26
To those who want to know the truth and who are seeking the truth, I will be writing about the 'Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth', small teach...
1.1K 54 27
Why am I here? What is my purpose? What is the meaning of life? Why am I alive? It seems that since the dawn of time we have been asking ourselves th...
4.3K 203 24
This book is for people who want to know who they really are in this life. Everybody might not believe but I am a witness to something great and I wi...
9 4 56
This book will build and firm your spiritual and religious beliefs. We are doing this for ministry and we want to inspire others too. We want to shar...