teeth ↣ joshler ✓

By nicosniners

When Josh and his family move to Hartgate, Colorado he learns that the town has its secrets. Without choice... More

1. Moving
2. Fault
3. Mask
4. Secrets
5. Forever
6. Liquid Courage
7. Blindfold
8. Aquafaba
9. Homecoming
10. Conflicted
11. Dance
12. Strong
13. Stupid
14. Perfect
15. Weird
16. Adorable
17. Halloween
19. Time
20. Help
21. Leave
22. Talk
23. Lucky
24. Dinner
25. Trust
26. Birthday
27. Blissful
28. Sick
29. Obstacle
30. Support
31. Hopefully
32. Transition
33. Cover
34. Hastily
35. Sorry
36. Hurts
37. Flirt
38. Sous Chef
39. Choice
40. Intriguing
Questions?
Contest Winners

18. Nervous

1.5K 109 47
By nicosniners

Josh woke up that next morning, a Friday, begrudgingly. They had school off for a professional day, luckily. Although Josh hasn't done any drinking or actual partying, he was still exhausted. He felt like he never had enough energy.

His eyes caught his phone charging next to him and he rolled over, grabbing it and pressing the home button. It was almost ten. He had no clue why he was still tired.

With a yawn, he pulled the covered up closer to his chin. Tyler was right. It was supposed to snow in the next week and it was absolutely freezing on only the first day of November.

Tyler. Josh suddenly remembered what happened with Tyler the night before and a soft smile made its way onto his face. Tyler was his boyfriend.

Speaking of Tyler, Josh then realized that he had a message from him.

Tyler
Good morning. Do you wanna come over today?

With the sleepy smile still on his face, he typed back.

Josh
Sure. What time?

Instead of responding over text, Tyler then proceeded to call him. Josh accepted it with his heart racing. "Hi."

"Oh— your voice sounds very hot when you wake up," Tyler hummed out.

Josh let out a small laugh. "Thanks. I thinks it's due to dehydration."

Tyler laughed as well and Josh's smile grew. "You're cute."

"Thanks," Josh blushed. "You're cute too."

"Thanks," Tyler copied. "So what time did you wanna come over? I kinda have to clean my room and I need enough time," he joked.

"Why don't you come over to my house? You've never been here."

"Okay," Josh could practically see Tyler nodding. "What time then?"

"Uhh..." Josh thought for a moment. "Maybe like noon? So I can get ready and tell Jordan not to embarrass me. I might take another fifteen minute power nap."

Tyler laughed once again. "Okay. Noon works for me."

"How long have you been awake? I'm still exhausted."

"Oh," Tyler paused. "I don't need much sleep my body's used to never sleeping. I woke up pretty early."

"Damn, wish that were me. I could sleep for two whole days and still be exhausted," Josh joked.

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's all good. I'm just a teenager. I'll hopefully grow out of it at one point."

Tyler let out a hum. "Well, I'll let you go so you can go get ready and I'll see you in a couple of hours."

Josh smiled again. "Bye, Tyler."

"Bye, Josh."

He let Tyler hang up before letting his phone fall from his hand back on to the bed and letting out a sigh.

It all felt a little too good to be true but Josh didn't worry about that.

He just worried about getting his fifteen minute power nap in so he could see his boyfriend.

---

Josh was in the middle of fixing the pillows on his bed when the doorbell went off.

"I'll get it!" He yelled down the hallway, hoping Jordan was deciding to be lazy so he didn't embarrass Josh.

He hurried with his task before making his way towards the front door.

Taking a deep breath, he opened it and smiled when he saw Tyler. "Hi," he blushed slightly.

Tyler beamed. "Hi."

Josh stepped aside. "Come in."

As Tyler was walking in and Josh was shutting the door, Josh saw his mom walk into the living room with a basket of laundry. "Oh! Who's this, Josh?" She asked.

"This is Tyler. My boyfriend," Josh replied nervously.

His mom just nodded like she knew it was bound to happen and smiled. "It's very nice to meet you, Tyler."

Tyler smiled back, obviously surprised. "It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Dun."

"Please, call me Laura."

"Can we go to my room now?" Josh interrupted.

His mom laughed. "Yes, don't let me keep you."

Josh grabbed Tyler's hand and led him to his room. Once they were in there and the door was shut, he flopped down on his bed. "As much as I wanted to see you," he sighed. "I'm so tired."

Tyler sat down gently next to him. "You could have told me to fuck off if you weren't up to hanging out."

Josh looked at him. "I'm not going to tell my boyfriend to fuck off I'm not that mean."

"But I am," Tyler spoke, causing the two to laugh. "Mmm, boyfriend. I like that," he continued in a teasing voice as he laid down next to Josh.

Once Tyler was settled, Josh turned his head and glanced at him. He was very handsome. Josh hadn't really realized how good looking Tyler was until then. Everything else that had drawn Josh in was Tyler's personality, confidence, and just the fact that he even liked Josh to begin with. Josh knew finding out he was gay was going to open up opportunities but he was glad it did.

Josh let his eyes catch Tyler's features. He was usually good at noticing details. He was very much a people watcher due to the fact that he was never the center of attention and didn't really ever make solid friends. He was a floater.

But because of that he could pick up on little things. He stared at Tyler and liked the way his nose contrasted so heavily with his own as it slope perfectly. He liked how pink Tyler's lips were. He liked how long his eyelashes were.

Tyler glanced over and Josh's breath hitched. He saw that Tyler noticed this. "Do I make you nervous?" He asked in a low voice, eyes narrowing slightly

"N-no," Josh replied, hating that he stuttered as he spoke.

Tyler raised an eyebrow. "I don't?" He moved closer to Josh, their lips just inches apart.

"What could you possibly do to make me me nervous other than flirting with me?"

Tyler let out a low, almost ominous laugh. "Josh, you underestimate me."

Josh was now the one to raise an eyebrow. "All you're capable of doing is being an asshole."

Tyler smirked. "Okay," he said simply.

Josh gave him a look. "What?"

"Oh nothing," Tyler hummed, looking at the ceiling. "Nothing at all."

Josh let out a whine. "What?" He nudged Tyler.

Tyler then turned his head back to Josh and leaned in. "You know how I can get really moody and my emotions can change like crazy?" He whispered.

Josh swallowed. "Yeah?"

Tyler leaned in even further. "Sometimes I can get really confident."

Josh blinked. They had only been going out for a day but they had been flirting for weeks. Tyler's gotten super flirty before but this was almost seductive. Josh liked it.

Tyler leaned in even further and was about to kiss Josh when the door opened. "Who was at the d— oh! Hi, Tyler."

Josh let out a groan and rolled over, seeing Jordan in the doorway with an innocent smile on his face.

Tyler sat up, a faint blush on his cheeks. He may have been getting confident but it didn't mean Jordan walking in on them was any less embarrassing.

"Hey, Jordan," Tyler replied, clearing his throat.

"Get out!" Josh threw one of his pillows at the door as Jordan let out a squeak and quickly shut the door.

As soon as he was gone, Tyler and Josh looked at each other and the former began laughing. Josh cracked a smile and began laughing too. 

They laid back down but instead of resuming where they left off, Tyler just grabbed Josh's hand.

"Hey, Ty?" Josh yawned out.

"Yeah?"

"I know we started off on the wrong foot and you were having a rough day but I never thought in the span of only two months we'd be here. I like it though. I'm glad we're together."

Tyler squeezed Josh's hand lightly. "Me too," he paused. "Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"You might find out some things about me. Some not so good things. About what I've gone through the last couple of months," he explained, anxiety heavy in his voice.

Josh propped himself up with his arm on his head, giving Tyler a worried look. "You can tell me anything that's bothering you. I'm not going to pressure you though."

Tyler gave him a sad smile. "We've only been dating for a day so I'm not going to bombard you with my life story. You'll probably find out eventually but I really don't want you to hate me when you do."

Josh shook his head. "I highly doubt I would hate you. I liked you enough to risk dating an asshole," he teased.

Tyler's sad smile never left. "I know. And I'm glad we're together too," he repeated. "But I'm just scared. I debated exploring my feelings with you. It started out with my interest being peaked when I found out you were gay to maybe finding you attractive to definitely developing a crush on you. Jenna had to force me to ask you out because I was trying to put it off. I just didn't want to fuck anything up."

"Well," Josh grabbed Tyler's hand again. "I went through the same thing. I was interested and then when you told me you liked me it hit me that I liked you too. I still do. I want to be there for you but I don't want you to feel like I'm forcing you to let me help you. You can tell me anything you want when you're ready."

Tyler let out a relived sigh that Josh didn't think he knew he was holding. "Thanks," he smiled. "I'm really glad we're together."

"Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 36.2K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
440K 12.6K 33
After being expelled from his previous school, Jayden Hayes, a boy whose personality is almost as troublesome as his traumatic past, is sent off to a...
496K 31K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...