teeth ↣ joshler ✓

By nicosniners

When Josh and his family move to Hartgate, Colorado he learns that the town has its secrets. Without choice... More

1. Moving
2. Fault
3. Mask
4. Secrets
5. Forever
6. Liquid Courage
7. Blindfold
8. Aquafaba
9. Homecoming
10. Conflicted
11. Dance
12. Strong
13. Stupid
14. Perfect
15. Weird
17. Halloween
18. Nervous
19. Time
20. Help
21. Leave
22. Talk
23. Lucky
24. Dinner
25. Trust
26. Birthday
27. Blissful
28. Sick
29. Obstacle
30. Support
31. Hopefully
32. Transition
33. Cover
34. Hastily
35. Sorry
36. Hurts
37. Flirt
38. Sous Chef
39. Choice
40. Intriguing
Questions?
Contest Winners

16. Adorable

1.6K 116 71
By nicosniners

About a week and a half had passed when Tyler was walking into his house after school, a sigh leaving his lips. He was so tired. Not actually tired, but mentally and emotionally tired.

He trudged past the living room and up his stairs, entering his room and throwing his bag on the floor. He knew he had a lot of homework but he had time to do it.

Jenna had cheer practice after school so it's not like she could come over and entertain him.

He technically had other friends now that he was on the basketball team but he didn't like most of them. The ones he did he wouldn't classify them as good friends. Or friends he would actively hang out with.

Then, he remembered Josh. Tyler realized he had just seen him at school and their date had been not long ago but he really wanted to see Josh again.

Both of them had been too busy to really hang out outside of school or even go on a date. Josh was in the process of trying to find a job and Tyler's been doing conditioning for basketball. He couldn't complain though, it did help to get some of his supernatural energy out.

So, in the end, Tyler decided he missed Josh. A lot. He grabbed his phone and went to his messages, finding Josh's name.

Tyler
Do you wanna come over? I'm bored

It didn't take long for Josh to respond.

Josh
Let me ask my parents. I have homework

Tyler
Bring it over. I have some too

A few minutes passed and Tyler waited patiently as Josh assumably went to go ask for permission to come over.

Josh replied back and Tyler smiled widely at the words on his screen.

Josh
I'll be over soon

Tyler typed a quick reply with that same goofy grin on his face and set his phone down. Josh did something to Tyler and he loved how he felt due to the boy.

Never in a million years did he think he would have a crush on Josh. They started off on the wrong foot and Tyler didn't even think he could handle having a crush after the party in May. 

He knew Josh didn't live too far from him since they were in the same school district so he quickly picked up his room to make it more presentable.

Just as he finished, the doorbell went off. Tyler hurried down the steps and took a deep breath before opening the door. "Hey," he smiled.

Josh smiled back, his cheeks faintly red from the cold. "Hi."

Tyler steppe aside so Josh could come in. "We can go to my room."

He led the way and the two walked in. Tyler realized Josh hasn't been in his room before and hoped this didn't seem weird.

"I like your room," Josh complimented as he sat on the bed while Tyler shut the door.

"Thanks," Tyler smiled. He didn't think his room was anything special but he was glad Josh liked it.

Josh took his bag off his shoulders and opened it, instantly going to his homework. Tyler thought it was adorable. He thought Josh was adorable.

"So did you want to start with college algebra? I learned this at my old school so I don't think the homework will take too long. I think we were like two units ahead of you guys somehow," he laughed, looking up at Tyler with twinkling eyes.

Tyler was amazed with how adorable he was. His dark curls. The cute glasses on his face. The small bump in his nose. The nose ring in his left nostril. For once, Tyler was grateful for the senses that helped him pick up details. He could see each individual light freckle on Josh's face. He could count every eyelash on his eye. He could capture Josh perfectly.

Suddenly, he was snapped out of his thoughts when Josh waved a hand in front of his face. "Tyler?"

The mentioned blinked and blushed, realizing he hadn't been paying attention. "Sorry, what did you say?"

Josh held back a laugh but a smile was still evident on his face. "Are you alright?"

Tyler cleared his throat and scratched his chin. "Yeah, sorry. I was just spacing out."

Josh narrowed his eyes playfully. "What were you thinking about?"

The two had gotten flirtier with one another since their talk. They still weren't dating but it felt like they were. Tyler liked how things were between them. He knew he wanted to put an official label on it but he was glad they were comfortable with one another.

And if Josh wanted to play that game, Tyler could play it right back. "Oh nothing," he paused, looking Josh directly in the eye. "Just thinking about how beautiful you are."

Josh blushed and rolled his eyes. "Stop," he whined.

Tyler scooted closer to him and gently grabbed his chin, holding it. Tyler wasn't too experienced. His first kiss was freshman year and he's never had a boyfriend. His first date had been with Josh. But... every since... it happened, he's had a newfound confidence. He knew more so what to do.

Tyler heard Josh's breath hitch. He could sense the quickening of Josh's heart rate. However, it was simply observational. No part of him wanted to hurt Josh.

He leaned in, their lips barely touching. "Do you want to know what I was really thinking about?" He whispered.

Josh nodded, swallowing slightly.

"I need verbal confirmation," Tyler urged.

"Y-yes," Josh stuttered our.

That's all Tyler needed. He pressed his lips to Josh's. The two hadn't kissed since the small peck on their date and Tyler knew neither of them were very experienced but within a few moments, they had the hang of it.

They were moving rhythmically, Josh's hands coming to rest on Tyler's thighs while Tyler's other one shot up to help cradle Josh's face gently.

The kiss wasn't desperate. It was soft and passionate. It was something Tyler thought both of them needed.

But out of no where, Tyler felt his jaw shift slightly and his eyes widened. He quickly pulled away and covered his mouth.

Josh looked at him, just as scared. "What did I do?" He asked, panicked.

Tyler shook his head. "I'll be back," he said quickly, his hand still over his mouth. He got up and quickly left his room, making his way to the bathroom.

As soon as he shut the door, he felt his fangs extract completely. He leaned against the door and closed his eyes, hatred surging through his body. He had fucked it up. He was going to fuck everything up.

He opened his eyes and was met with his own reflection in the mirror. His eyes were bright red.

He quickly felt around in his pockets and almost audibly sighed in relief when he felt his phone in his jean pocket. He grabbed it out and called Jenna, setting the phone to his ear. Hopefully she could talk even though she had practice.

It rang for a second before she picked up. "Josh told me."

"What?" Tyler breathed out quietly, alarm evident in his voice.

"He texted me and was freaking out because he thought he did something when you guys were kissing. Did you..."

"Yeah," he sighed. "Yeah."

Jenna coached him through calming down. They repeated the same thing they always did until Tyler was back to normal. Or as normal as he could get.

"What do I tell him?" He asked sadly. "Why did I leave?"

Jenna let out a small sigh. "I don't know..." she thought for a moment. "Say you got a boner!"

"Jenna!" Tyler scolded quietly, his face burning the reddest it's ever been.

"It's a more reasonable explanation," she replied and Tyler could almost seeing her roll her eyes. "Listen, I have to go. Coach is gonna yell at me. I can call you back on my way home. I'm sorry about it happening when you were with Josh. You'll figure out something to tell him. You're smart."

Tyler let out a sigh. "Okay. Bye."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

"Nuh uh," Jenna clicked her tongue. "Say it back the right way I know you love me."

Tyler let a smile rest on his lips. "I love you too."

"Thanks, bud. Bye."

She hung up and he pulled the phone away with a sigh. He got up and took one last look at himself before making his way back to his room.

Josh was sitting on the bed on his phone when Tyler walked back in. He looked up and guilt covered his face. "I'm—"

"No it's not your fault," Tyler sighed. "I uh..." he wracked his brain for an explanation. "I have a canker sore on the inside of my mouth and thought it was bleeding. It's not your fault, I promise."

Josh nodded. "Okay..."

Tyler sat back down and cleared his throat, not in the mood anymore. "So, uh, college algebra you said?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 16.1K 26
Cor Sander wants nothing to do with the attacks happening around Crowe Academy, but that doesn't mean he's not part of them. Begrudgingly part of the...
51.4K 115 5
သွေး ထန်တိုင်းလာရေးမှာပါနော် မြန်မာရှေးရိုးစွဲအိမ်မှာမွေးဖွားလာပေမဲ့ သွေးက အရမ်းထန်ပါတယ် သွေးဘယ်လိုခိုးထန်မလဲဆိုတာကြည့်လိုက်ရအောင်😗
70K 16.6K 44
When Hibatullah Abubakar meets Salman Baanziye, it's annoyance at it's very best at first sight. Salman is a ball of fire, Hibatullah is the very de...
12.7K 859 23
Alex has spent all his life trying to convince himself he is NOT gay. Greene has spent all his life accepting that he IS. Now all he wants to do is s...