Child of the Moon

By LilyTiger21

"Do...you know what I am?" I asked, looking at them. Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet all looked at each other, de... More

Luna Stone
Meet the Gems
Questions
Weapons
Light Cannon Duo
The Cheeseburger...what?
The Gem Temple
A New Friend
The Cotton Candy Lion
A Feathery Duo
Fusion?
Opal
Sword Fighting Accident
Waiting
Secrets and Dreams
Circo's Birthday
Sugilite
Lies or Truth?
Confused Emotions
Legends and Goodbyes
Family Dinner Plans
We ARE Family
Star People
Who is that?
Bloodstone
Beneath the Surface
Sally
Message from Lapis
New Friends, New Enemies
Always a Way
Cross Roads
Hanging with Friends
Swords, Friends and Meaning
Not what I Thought
So Close, But So Far
Sardonyx
Fights
Unexpected Help
Fire Opal
Understandings
Living Nightmares
Sing!
Amana Karmaria Jelani
Tiny and Cute
When It Rains
Corrupted Gems
Lumos
Unexpected Guest
Birthday Troubles
Tension
Loyalty
Onyx's Past
Finding the Lost
The Lost Being Found
Finding Home
Three is a Crowd
The Old American Sport
Changes
Catching Up
Common Care
Drag Race Hill
Where Your Meant to Be
Bringing Back Someone Special
Explanations
Stormy Waters
A Cold Mission
Not So Small
Grown Up
The Past Comes Back
Revenge
Benitoite
What Rose Quartz Did
Alone Together
Dream Abilities
Walking Among Dreams
Testing for Answers
Flexibility, Love, and Trust
Stepping Up
A Fruitful Birthday
Searching for Answers
Got to Go Fast
Infiltration
One of Us
Alone with Company
There Can Only be One
Second Chance
Detective Doug
Baking Out of Comfort
The Reoccurring past
Giving In

Reconnecting

310 7 1
By LilyTiger21

Hey guys! We're back with Luna and company as Luna now must convince her dad not to leave Beach city. But will it work? Let's jump in and find out! :D

-Luna's POV-

"So that's how you two got the money," I said, as the burger commercial ended. Mr. Greg, Pearl, Steven, my dad and I were watching the commercial that made both my dad and Mr. Greg rich. Mr Greg nodded and said, "Yeah. Apparently, Marty sold our song as a burger jingle, and now we're filthy stinking rich."

My dad side hugged me and said, "Isn't this great, Luna? We can finally get a home and move out of Beach City."

"Dad, I said no," I said, looking at him. He gave me a sad smile and said, "I know you don't want to move but-"

"But nothing. You don't get a right to control my life since you haven't been here for the majority of it. Leave if you want, but I'm staying here," and with that, I turned on my heels and walked away, heading towards the beach house. I burst through the door and startled Circo. He looked up from where he sat on the counter, a worried look on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I sat next to him, saying, "It's my dad. He's still talking about moving even though he knows I don't want to leave."

"I'm sure things will work out," Circo said. "You guys just need to talk things out."

I raised a skeptical eyebrow at him, asking, "Kind of how you and Amos need to talk things out?"

"That's a different situation with very different circumstances," Circo said quickly. I giggled and stared out the window, seeing Pearl coming up the steps and into the house. She walked over to me and said, "It'll be alright. We won't let you leave."

"I'm not budging an inch," I said, smiling. Just then, the door to the house opened and Mr. Greg and Steven came running in, quickly packing things up. Steven looked up at Pearl and I, saying, "Let's bring Pearl and Luna along!"

Pearl flinched and I smiled, confused. "To where?" I asked, getting down from my seat at the counter. My dad burst through the door and said, "We're going to Empire City!"

Now I flinched and frowned, not wanting to go knowing my dad was going to be there. Steven grinned at all of us and said, "Come on guys! It'll when fun! The five us, plus my mom and Luna's mom!"

I winced and knew there wasn't anyway out of it. Circo got off his seat and asked, "What about me?" Mr. Greg smiled at him and said, "You can help Amos out at the car wash while we're away. It'll help you two get to know each other a bit."

Circo flinched and I giggled. Seems like I won't be the only one feeling uncomfortable for the next day or two. Later that day, Steven, Mr. Greg, Pearl, my dad and I drove out of Beach City, heading to Empire City. By the time we got there, the sun had set and the city lights were almost as bright as the sun during the day. Mr. Greg pulled up to a fancy hotel, and we got out, looking at it in awe. "Wow," I breathed, walking in with everybody into the hotel. Mr. Greg walked over to the receptionist and handed him a business card. Steven placed a stack of dollar bills on the counter and the receptionist looked up at the five of us in surprise.

"Hey shake a leg!" The receptionist shouted. Immediately, a lot of hotel employees poked their heads out, shouting, "Hey shake a leg!"

The receptionist gestures to Mr. Greg and said, "It's Mr. Greg!"

"It's Mr. Greg!" The receptionist repeated. They each picked us up, even Pearl who looked really stiff. They brought us into the dining room as the receptionist said, "And he's here to spend his dough, all over the town!"

"He's got the bucks!" The employees said and Mr. Greg said, "I got the bucks."

"It's all deluxe," He said. The employees then seated us at a table, bringing steak and brie for us to try and eat. I ate a piece of brie as Mr. Greg said, "When your dining out with me, it's the finest steak and Brie!"

Suddenly, Mr. Greg stood up on the table and started to dance. I glanced at Steven nervously but he seemed to be really excited by all of this. "And if I break a table, it pay no-Whoa!" Mr. Greg said, one of the table legs breaking. He fell down and the receptionist came over, a worried look on his face. Mr. Greg handed him a hundred dollar bill and said, "Just bill it to my bank."

"A hundred bucks?! Gee thanks!" The receptionist said, a big smile on his face. The employees brought us out of the dinning hall and towards the elevators. We somehow fit everybody inside and went to the top floor. The doors to the elevator opened and I gasped in delight at the penthouse we were staying in. The penthouse was as big as the barn and there were two wings, each wing with a room. There was a fountain in the center of the penthouse and even a pool with a slide.

I ran over to my room and stared in awe. My room had a king size bed with way too many pillows for me to count. I put my bag on the floor and jumped on the bed, bounce in the air before landing back on it. I giggled and quickly got up, running out to the balcony. There were two potted plants at the corners of the balcony but the view was breath taking. I gazed down below at the streets and waved to anybody looking up. I ran back inside and into the main area.

Steven, Mr. Greg and my dad all got tailored made suits. Steven and Mr. Greg we're floating around in the water, and my dad just slid down the water slide. Pearl was squatted next to the pool, poking the water curiously. Some of the employees were offering her food, but she denied each of them, looking at the plates of food in disgust. Mr. Greg and Steven smiled at Pearl, an idea on their minds. Steven noticed me and smiled, the same mischievous look on his face for when he was looking at Pearl. A short time later, Pearl and I were dressed up. Pearl wearing a tuxedo and I was wearing a simple blue dress. It went to the knees and the sleeves were short. A long simple blue bow was tied in the middle of the waist line, adding a classy look to it. To match the outfit, I was given black flats and my hair was put up in a high ponytail, with a matching blue bow.

"I must admit," Pearl said, putting her top hat on.

"You must admit," Steven and Mr. Greg said. I twirled in my dress and said, "It's a perfect fit!"

"You look great in it!" The two said, with my dad joining in. Pearl gestured to the fountain and said, "And those fountains I found wasteful, are actually quite tasteful. This city has it's charm, unlike that termite ridden barn."

I grabbed Steven's hand and twirled with him, saying, "And anytime with Steven makes for a delightful evening!" Steven and I laughed, both of us falling back. Mr. Greg and dad said, "Your having fun!"

I nodded and Pearl said, "More or less." Mr. Greg took Pearl's hands and my dad helped me up, taking my hands. "So dance with me, just say," My dad and Mr. Greg said. But Pearl and I broke away from our dance partner, screaming, "NO!"

There was an awkward silence as the only thing making nose was the fountain. Pearl took off her hat and said, "I-I mean. Maybe later."

She turned and walked away, and I quickly followed. For the rest of the night, I stayed in my room as Mr. Greg, Steven and my dad all hung out. I fell asleep at one point but I woke up to silence filling the penthouse. I got out of bed and poked my head out, seeing that the entire penthouse was a mess. I saw my dad sleeping on the couch, out cold. I sighed and sat on the floor, staring at him. "Why didn't you come find me?" I whispered, watching as he slept.

I looked down at my hands and said, "Is it because I'm a freak? Is it because you didn't want me? I wish you would tell me. And now your back saying that I have to go with you? You think that things can go back to normal like before? Well it can't. It never can!"

I stood up and turned away, my anger rising higher and higher as my voice grew louder and louder. "You think that you can take me away from all of my friends and family, thinking I won't be upset about this? Your wrong! I was fine until you showed up. And you weren't even intending on finding me! You only wanted to see Mr. Greg! Did it ever cross your mind that I was still alive?! Some sad you turned out to be!"

I stood breathing, trying to calm the surging anger. I heard movement and spun around, seeing my dad get up and stare at me in shock. "Dad I-" I started, trying to think of something.

"I'm sorry I ever came back," He whispered, walking away. "And ruining your life."

"Dad!" I shouted, but he left the room. Not too long after did Mr. Greg walk out of his room and out of the penthouse. Steven and Pearl came running out into the living room and saw me. I rubbed my arm and said, "Steven...I don't think it was a good idea for me to come."

He shook his head, "This is exactly why I brought you two."

I glanced at Pearl, who had the same guilty look as I did. Steven brought both Pearl and I out of the penthouse and downstairs to the dining room, where Mr. Greg and my dad were eating cherries from the bar. Steven cleared his throat and both of them turned and saw us. We all awkwardly stayed where we were, not looking at each other. The tube on the piano changed and Steven walked over, paging he pianist to leave. He sat down and started to play the piano.

"Why don't you talk to each other?" Steven said, as he played. "Why don't you talk to each other? Just give it a try. Why don't you talk about what happened? I know your trying to avoid it but I don't know why."

I glanced at my dad and sighed. "Dad," I said, getting his attention. "Why did you not try to look for me?"

He didn't look me in the eyes but instead, he sat down on the ground and patted the area next to him. I reluctantly sat next to him and he explained, "I did try. For a long time I tried. I tried for several years after you disappeared but I gave up, thinking I would never find you. I didn't have any hints or clues during those years and I gave up. Recently, I came in contact with Marty, who said he wanted me to go with him to Beach City. I was hesitant because that's where we lived for a short time before moving. But I caved in and went with him. I wasn't expecting to find you, Luna. I was as shocked as you were when I saw you. I'm sorry I didn't try hard enough; maybe if I did I would've found you sooner."

I wiped my eyes, trying to get rid of the tears. "But why do you want to move?" I asked, my voice full of emotion. My dad looked at me and said, "Because I wanted to start over with you. I wanted to start on a brand new slate and try to reconnect with you. But I was so caught up in how I wanted us to be a father and daughter again that I didn't realize you had already made friends and even family here. I do plan on getting a house but you don't have to move in if you don't want too Luna. Just visit me often, okay?"

I nodded, smiling. He put his arm around my shoulders and I hugged him, pressing my head to his shoulder. "I love you dad," I said, feeling glad everything worked out. He hugged me tighter and said, "I love you too, Lulu."

That was when there was cheering and we looked up to see the rest of the hotel employees, standing around cheering for not only my dad and I, but for Mr. Greg and Pearl. We all laughed and my dad and I stood up, walking for to Steven, Mr. Greg and Pearl. Mr. Greg received the bill and his face dropped as the bill grew longer. "Tailor made suits, those cost something," Mr. Greg said. My dad looked at the bill and said, "Room with view, that costs something."

"Talking with you," I said, nudging my dad. He smiled and said, "Don't cost nothin'."

"Why'd we even come? We could've done this at home," Pearl said. Steven started to laugh and we all joined in, feeling glad that things were going back to normal. We quickly packed our things once we led the dining room and started packing the van. I sat down in the back seat with my dad and Steven, while Pearl sat in the front seat and Mr. Greg sat in the driver seat. Mr. Greg drove off and Pearl and him talked all the way back. I started dozing off as the sun started to rise. I leaned my head on my dad's shoulder and said, "Goodnight dad."

My dad chuckled and said, "Goodnight Lulu."

.............

Aw! Everything's working out! Hopefully things are going well with Amos and Circo back home. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update ASAP :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 93 10
Many years ago, a gem emerged on the homeworld near the diamond palace. Pink, being the first one to recognize a gem emerging, told the other 3 diamo...
268K 3K 39
Girlfriend/Boyfriend Scenarios of both the Crystal Gems, the HomeWorld gems,Steven and Jamie.
1M 26.5K 101
* Reader insert * gender neutral *read the story to find out about your exciting life with the gems! **UNDER MAJOR EDITING** **IF I MESS UP PRONOUN...
10.2K 144 22
It was requested that I write some Pearlmythyst so I'm turning it into a one-shot book. Have fun reading 😚