Verde (quirkless Deku AU)

By Mysterious101360

What if Izuku told All might no? What if instead he went off to take lots of martial arts classes and trained... More

A Step Towards One's Journey
We're in This Together!
The World's Gonna Know Your Name!!!
Chasing The Wind
Out with the Old, in with the New
It's Showtime!
Surprising Them All
Need For Complications
Sneaky Tactics
Nothing Can Stop Me Tonight
Can't get much worse.
It Gets Worse
Team Verde Emerges?
Declaration of War? Sure, why not.
fixed chapter: Expose Flaming Trash? Mission Accepted.
you're not alone anymore
Mother Knows a Bad Liar
heads up from author
The Turning Point
The Best of The Best
Author's note

Gonna be a hero!

5.3K 223 166
By Mysterious101360

We're back with another chapter on this wonderful day! My sleep restriction has been extended to 8 hours of sleep so I'm happy which means I might get chapters out faster... Hopefully. I'm also trying to help my brother get his first book done on Wattpad, so I might still take 1 to 2 weeks to get chapters out. Would you guys like me to draw a visual of Izuku in his Vigilante form? Cause I'm thinking of drawing it, but I'm not sure. Anyways, here's the next chapter!

It's Sunday morning- well afternoon, and Izuku is out cold. He had woken up at 8:21 am but decided to go back to sleep so he would be well-rested for his debut. Sadly, he had forgotten to inform Ojiro about this, so now Ojiro finds himself in Izuku's room, trying to decide if waking up Izuku is worth the trouble. After a few minutes of considering the pros and cons, Ojiro decided to yank him off the bed. Naturally, Izuku was thrilled at being jolted awake.

"HUH?! Wha-where? M-mashi?!" Izuku sputtered, as he rubbed his head and sat up in a more comfortable position.

"It's 12:32 Zuku." Ojiro deadpanned as he stared down at his friend.

"And I was sleeping." Izuku whined.

"It's past noon, and you never showed up to the Cafe. I got curious about what could have led to that. I didn't know if you were sick, or never made it home last night- you never did text me when you got home you know." 

"Sorry, I just *yaawwwnnn* really felt like sleeping in. I sort of have a late night of training to do." 

"Training?" Ojiro questioned.

"Yeah, training. I'm gonna try to practice my running and jumping over obstacles a bit-"

"Parkour? At night? Be careful, you might get confused for a vigilante if you go jumping from building to building."

"V-vigilante? I hope not! I'm just going to go around the streets and jump over anything in my way- nothing that could get me in trouble!" Izuku panically explained with wide eyes as he jumped up and waved his arms frantically.

Ojiro eyed his friend as if analyzing him, then let out a sigh. "I suppose you want to do this 'training' by yourself, huh?"

"Yeah... I mean, I love training with you Mashi- I really do- but parkour training is easier to do when you're by yourself."

"It's fine, I understand. Just give me a heads up when you plan on not showing up to places you usually do. It wouldn't do me well to let my imagination run wild on where you could be." Ojiro sighed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Well, what do you want to do now that I'm awake?" Izuku said, trying to change the topic.

"Just hang out I guess, seeing you're probably conserving energy for tonight. Maybe at the Cafe?" Ojiro hesitantly suggested.

"Sure. Let's do that..." Izuku's stomach rumbles, causing Izuku to grimace, "I should eat something."

They headed off to the Cafe. Apparently, Izuku planned to sleep all day and not eat. Doesn't he know you can't do parkour on an empty stomach? Ojiro was not going to let Izuku keep this habit- well, not if he can help it that is. Their walk to the Cafe was rather quiet seeing Izuku was still half awake, too tired to actively debate heroes. In fact, he was so tired, he was still in his Eraserhead themed pajamas (a gift from Mashi a week after they met, Izuku still doesn't know how he found them) and his hair could rival Shino's hair in an anti-gravity hair contest.

When they entered the Cafe, Ojiro asked "Zuku, what do you want?"

"A Peppermint Caramel Dark Chocolate Frappuccino, double shot espresso, large. Oh, and 2 dorayakis." Izuku said with a yawn as he headed over to a table. And yes, tired hobo looking Aizawa was at a nearby table.

"Okay then," Ojiro turns to face the lovely lady who always takes the orders, "A Peppermint Caramel Dark Chocolate Frappuccino, double shot espresso, large along with 2 dorayakis, and 3 manjus."

Ojiro then went over to sit down across from Izuku, who had his head resting on the table, using his arms as a pillow. "Hey, Zuku... Zuku..hey... Zuku.."

Izuku just groaned in response, whining, "Nooooo, go away Mashi, ten more minutes."

"You've had like 15 hours of sleep. Quit complaining." Ojiro laughed.

"I wanted more sleep." Izuku whined as he looked up to see his smiling friend. "It's not funny Mashi, I'm soooo tired."

Ojiro just laughs and says, "I've never seen this side of you Zuku, I hope you're new exercises don't make you always this whiny-" Izuku had kicked Ojiro rather hard and had a justified smile on his face when Ojiro winced.

"Okay, okay, no more teasing. Jeez, you're feisty when you're tired." Ojiro groaned.

"Damn right I am." Izuku grumbled as he put his head back down onto the table. 

"You're also apparently lazy when you're tired."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Izuku said as he looked up with a challenging glare.

"Your hair is defying gravity and you are still in pajamas."

"...I'll change into clothes later." Izuku dismissed.

"Your hair?"

"Leave it. It might just scare away the bullies." Izuku mumbled, once again dismissing Ojiro.

"I wonder how they would react to you in this mood?"

"They would either beat me to a bloody pulp or just avoid me out of fear I'm possessed." Izuku mused.

"I'd love to catch that on camera!" Ojiro laughed.

"What? My bullies running away in terror because I'm 'possessed'?"

"Pffft, That would be amazing." Ojiro sighed.

"Maybe it would scare them straight if they thought I had a spirit with me. Maybe we could make them think they have ghosts after them- imagine them running away for once. Give them a taste of their own medicine." Izuku said with a wide eye look and creepy smile- not unlike Aizawa's.

"Okaaaay, we can add fearless and sadistic to the list of characteristics of tired Zuku." Ojiro replied with a wary tone.

"Maybe I'm just tired of people's bullshit, huh Mashi? Tired of being a punching bag."

"Again, I can deal with them. Don't get yourself in any unnecessary trouble." Ojiro points out.

Ojiro was called to go pick up their orders, leaving Izuku alone for a minute or two. Izuku knew he wouldn't really act out on his current feelings- awake him had common sense and logical thinking that would stop him. But tired him was here right now, and he felt like venting his frustrations, even if said frustrations couldn't really be fixed or helped. If only he had a quirk, then he would be accepted- wait, no Izuku! Don't think that, you're going to be the first quirkless hero damn it! A large drink and a plate of dorayakis are placed in front of him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, you okay?" Ojiro questioned as he sat down with his own food.

Izuku took a few sips of his drink, immediately feeling much more awake. "Ya, wow, I feel so much better with this coffee. Sorry for anything tired me said. I tend to lose all common sense and reasoning when I am tired."

"It's fine. I found sadistic, tired you hilarious." Ojiro mused.

"Yeah, but tired me might get me killed one day." Izuku sighed as he bit into a dorayaki.

"Yeah, I guess so, but tired you did have some fine points."

"Yeah, but anything tired me suggested doing would only end up with me in the hospital in a body cast for life." Izuku pointed out.

"Ouch, it's that bad huh?" Ojiro laughed.

"Yep." Izuku said into his cup, taking another sip.

"Huh, I just realized this is like the tenth time I've seen you in those Pj's."

"So?" Izuku questioned as he took another bite of dorayaki.

"I've only seen you in  PJ's like twelve times- and I know you have a bunch of pajamas. I thought you would have favored one of the many pairs of All Might PJ's you have." Ojiro replied thoughtfully.

"Just because I wear them a lot, doesn't mean I favor them-" 

"Actually that's literally the definition of favoring a pair of pajamas." Ojiro deadpanned.

"I'm not having this discussion this early-"

"It's 1:23 in the afternoon Zuku." Ojiro deadpanned.

"Well, it's early for me." Izuku pouted.

"How many pairs of pajamas do you own?"

Izuku just grumbled a response into his drink.

"Hmm? What was that?" Ojiro asked with a smirk.

"Sigh, 22 pairs." Izuku said as he looked down in shame, completely knowing this implied he was a hero otaku. 

"How many of those are All Might themed? Hero themed?"

"20 of them are All Might themed." Izuku sighed shamefully.

"Okay... wow. We need to get you some more non All Might merch. Which hero do you not have PJ's of yet? Besides the Present Mic and Eraserhead themed ones I got you." Ojiro inquired.

"I guess Ingenium PJ's? I don't really need anymore PJ's Mashi." Izuku replied with slight frustration.

"If you have mostly All Might ones, then you do! How about some more Present Mic or Eraserhead ones?"

"Speaking of which, where did you find these PJ's?" Izuku asked with sudden interest.

"I waited in a line for two days at this old rundown shop that sells underground hero merch."

"Ohhh, that explains why you weren't around for a few days. Also, where is this shop?" Izuku replied, completely dismissing that Ojiro probably went through hell.

"Oh you know, down the road form the Dojo."Ojiro said with a smile.

"Wait... you mean that old building that's covered in graffiti?"

"Yep." Ojiro quipped.

"Wow, well I might go there at some point then."

"Yes! Get some non All Might merch, my friend!!!" Ojiro exclaimed dramatically.

They continued to talk about merch and heroes until it was 3pm. Then Izuku had to go to do some "errands." Ojiro decided he should go help his mom out with getting ready for Sunday night classes. Izuku had to buy a simple black cloth mask, a cheap voice modifier that could easily be hidden under the mask, and some green steampunk goggles. He already had a dark green hoodie and some simple sweats  at home. He also had a collapsible bo-staff he bought a week ago. His outfit was simple- which would help him easily escape should he run into a Pro-Hero ( AKA Eraserhead since he's the only hero that patrols there) seeing a lot of people wore masks and hoodies in the area. All he would have to do is put his goggles in his pocket to blend in if he was chased by a Hero. Though, hopefully, he wouldn't have to escape.

Thankfully he found what he needed by the time it reached 5pm and quickly made his way home to catch some more rest before he goes out to patrol at 9pm. (Side note, did you know it's dark outside around 5pm in japan? Crazy! Might use that in future chapters now. Edit: wow, sleep-deprived me is stupid) Izuku had told his mom he planned on jogging at night, which made her worry a bit, but he assured her that he knew enough self-defense to fight off any trouble he should run into. Around 8 he got up to eat and get dressed. Of course, he hid the goggles, mask, and voice modifier from his mom. There's no telling what she would ask him if she saw those. The voice modifier was actually smaller than he was expecting, which was amazing. It was a small, flat mic that he could attach to his mask and it had a 10-hour battery life before it needed to be charged. Though, he did end up spending most of his allowance on it.

His dark green hoodie was pulled over his head, and his green sweats were tight, but also loose enough so he could jump and run around easily. He also wore some green shoes he had collecting dust in his closet. Since he never wore them, they would be perfect or him to wear in his vigilante form. His mask, with the voice modifier in it, was safely pulled down and hidden under his hoodie. His goggles were in his hoodie pocket, where no one could see them. His bo-staff was attached to his back under his hoodie with the scabbard he got for it. If anyone asked him why he was wielding one, he could say he was practicing his grip on it for his Stick Fighting class. Besides, it wasn't illegal to wield on in public.

"Okay, bye mom! See you later." Izuku called as he headed out the door.

He would be patrolling the area near the Dojo, just like he had planned after seeing just how bad it was down there. He tried not to feel bad that he was being thankful for there being no heroes that patrolled there- well besides Eraserhead later into the night. That meant he could help people without getting in trouble for vigilantism. Plus, the cops don't really do much unless a robbery or murder happens. Then there was the fact that the citizens actually have been known to support vigilantes since they were there to help when no one else would. Though sadly the two that used to patrol here were arrested a year ago after being caught by two Pro Heroes. Apparently, Snipe has decided to patrol with Eraserhead that night and he wanted to catch them since they were 'just as bad as villains in a sense.' Eraserhead didn't really want to but Snipe was there and he didn't feel like arguing with him. So that night he lost two people who made his patrols slightly easier. Never again would he allow someone to patrol with him.

Izuku however, had no idea that Eraserhead wasn't out to arrest every single vigilante he saw, and he was going to be careful. As far as he knew, Eraserhead was a Pro and it was his job to catch people like him. Also, he was absolutely terrified of the thought of running into the underground hero. Eraserhead was an amazing fighter and he was smart. Izuku did not want to get into a fight he would most certainly lose. Not to mention his quirk would let him know he was quirkless the moment he used it. Like that wouldn't be a major help in identifying him! He would just have to get a hold of some dirt or smoke bomb to keep Eraserhead from using his quirk on him. Yeah, that was it. He would have to get a small bag and fill it with sand from the beach.

Izuku pulled his mask up and put his goggles on, now that he had reached the area. Though, he had no idea where to start. He knew he needed to stay near the buildings where he could easily duck into an ally if he saw police. No need to draw any unwanted attention to himself, right? Though it was also due to the fact that most crimes might be committed in alleyways, and he would need to stop them as soon as possible. Speaking of crimes in alleyways, Izuku could hear a faint cry for help. He quickened his pace to a run and quickly turned into the alleyway. He found a woman surrounded by three men. Two of them were holding her down, as the third was advancing on her. Izuku quickly pulled out his staff and expanded it, then ran towards the third guy, knocking him out with a hit to the head. The other two men let go of the woman and went after Izuku. One had a rope quirk and the other had a chloroform quirk. Perfect quirks for attacking women in the night.

Izuku jumped back and swung his staff to knock Rope man off his feet, much like Ojiro does to him a lot in Stick Fighting class. He then grabbed the chloroform powered fist that was coming at him and flipped the man over him. As the Rope man got up, Izuku quickly whacked him on the head, rendering him unconscious. Izuku then spun around to kick the Chloroform man in the gut, following with a hit from his staff. Izuku collapsed his staff and put it back up. He then turned to the woman.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" Izuku asked. His voice came out distorted, sounding a lot like a Batman voice.

The lady slowly calmed down after realizing she was no longer in danger and replied, "Y-yeah, thanks for that. Who are you? You're definitely not a Pro Hero."

Izuku then realized just who he saved. Granted she was in Civvies, so he didn't immediately recognize her. But the green-haired lady in front of him was none other than the Smile Hero: Ms. Joke. Wait, why didn't she use her quirk on them? Was it something to do with the third guy's quirk? Izuku realized he never actually responded so he quickly let out, "Uh... um... Verde..?"

"You new at the vigilante thing kid? Because it took you a while to say your 'name' and everyone knows there aren't any current vigilantes around here."

"Uh..."

how did she know he was a kid?! His voice modifier should have helped hide his age!

"Look, kid, seeing you didn't use a quirk, and just saved me, I won't arrest yah. Technically what you did was self-defense you know, so I can't arrest you anyways."

She wasn't wrong. If a citizen was to come across another who was in trouble they could help them out under the self-defense clauses.

"Also, smart move sneaking up on the guy with the fear quirk. If he saw you, he would have caused you to be paralyzed with fear. I know you probably didn't know his quirk, but you were obviously were being careful."

"Actually... my feet sort of moved on their own... I just kind of lost it after seeing three men ganging upon a lady..." Izuku replied sheepishly

"Well, it's nice to see that at least some people have respect for women. There had to be at least ten other people around yet only you came to stop it."

"Yeah... well, folks around here are sort of used to all the screaming and shouting. They tend to avoid trouble nowadays... especially seeing no heroes really patrol around here- well except for Eraserhead but he's only out late at night."

"Eraser patrols here? I must give him a surprise visit- wait, you know of him? Guess all that avoiding the media wasn't as successful as he thought."

"There's literally a whole fan website dedicated to him with tapes of him fighting and fan-made merch. They sell PJ's of him at this underground hero merch store a few streets away. Also, he's the only help this area gets, so a lot of people here know of him. Kind of hard not to know who the only hero in the area is."

"PJ's huh? Now that might stir a reaction out of him if I buy some! Well kid, nice of you to save me and as much as I would love to run into you again, it's best if I don't, seeing you're a vigilante and I'm a hero. Although, personally, I might let yah get away seeing Eraser needs as much help as he can get here. Also, Eraser might not like that a kid is running around playing hero, so you might want to avoid him. Although you might want to run off since I do need to call in a report about this. Meaning, the police will know I was saved by some random person on the streets. Though I doubt they will go after yah seeing you didn't break any laws."

Izuku nodded and ran off, hoping to find someone else to save- preferably a non-hero. A little while later, he was nearing the street the Dojo was on when he heard a grunt of pain. He slowly made his way into the alleyway that led to another street. He hid behind the dumpster that was luckily nearby and assessed the situation. Not even two yards away a man with what appeared to be a transformation quirk was hitting on- Mashi?!?!?! The man looked like he was covered in brass- no made of brass. His quirk must allow him to change his body's composition. Izuku slowly drew out his staff and extended it. He then looked around and saw that he was near a fire escape ladder, and climbed it. It was dark enough that he wouldn't be seen. When he reached the top of the two-story building's fire escape he leaped over the rail, with his staff positioned to strike the man below him. The man was down almost instantly. He then helped Ojiro up, who could barely stand after taking so many hits.

"You okay?"

Ojiro didn't know what to make of this situation. He had been walking towards home after staying back at the Dojo to help his mother out with some things. His mom was to stay there till midnight, but he needed to get home and go to bed due to it being a school night. It wasn't that late but it was a little past 10. Yet not even five minutes later he was pulled into an alleyway and was demanded to give up his wallet. He didn't have his wallet- he had left it with his mom. Safe to say, the crook wasn't pleased. So he found himself being pummeled into repeatedly by a man who turned himself into brass. While he could fight really well, he was no match for this guy. He was thinking about how Zuku would love to analyze this guy's quirk when a figure clothed in green fell out of the sky and knocked out the crook. He definitely didn't expect the person, who must be a vigilante, to ask him if he was okay. Yet here he was, being asked if he was okay, by a vigilante no less.

"Uh... yeah. Thanks...?" Ojiro replied, not sure how to respond.

"No Problem Sir, though you should probably call the police to report the attack." Izuku responded, remembering that Ms. Joke had said something about reports on incidents needing to be called in.

Oh wow, his voice was ominous. Yet it was also sort of comforting in a way. As if he was there to kick the ass of criminals and save the lives of others. Like he could kill you in a blink of an eye but would rather help you cross the street. Ojiro then realized he never asked him who he was.

"Who are you?"

"Oh? I'm Verde. The new Vigilante of this area seeing you guys need some help."

"The help is much appreciated, though you should be careful. A Pro Hero does patrol here-"

"Yeah, I know. But he doesn't come out for another few hours."

"You seem to know your stuff."

"Well, I am a fan of heroes so it would make sense that I would know their Patrol patterns. Besides, it's common knowledge that the only Pro that comes around here comes out around midnight. Are you going to be okay?"

"Y-yeah, though I might just head back to my mother's Dojo seeing I am not ready to walk alone again."

"You want me to watch from the shadows for any more attackers?"

"No thanks, the Dojo is just around the corner so I'll be fine."

"Well, then goodnight citizen and be safe!" Izuku responded as he bowed then ran off to who knows where.

Ojiro sighed and glanced at the unconscious guy near him. He pulled out his phone and dialed the police. "Hello? I'd like to report an attack- no I'm fine. Nol I didn't use my quirk to fight back. Well you see, I was saved by this guy in green! What? No! He didn't hurt me, he actually helped me after he knocked out the guy that was pummeling me. Uh, I'm in an alleyway next to the Almer Street abandoned apartments. Sure, I'll stand near the edge. Okay, bye."

Ojiro then dialed his mom to tell her what happened. After that, he decided to sit down and think about what happened. He was saved by a vigilante. A VIGILANTE! This was so surreal! Like out of a movie! Well, at least he would have something to share with Zuku when they met at the Dojo tomorrow night. Though the Vigilante's love for heroes seemed to remind him of Zuku- huh, Zuku and him would get along. Though for now, he needed to focus on the present. Like the approaching police cars. Annnd Eraserhead who apparently is out early tonight. He silently hoped for Verde to not be found. 

Eventually, they left after Eraserhead and the cops asked him about the vigilante. I took them an hour to leave him. It was 11: 23 and he really needed to get home. Thankfully his mom had shown up about ten minutes after the police.

~~~~~Time Skip To Next Day~~~~~

Izuku had made it through another day of Hell- ahem, school, and was on his way to the Dojo seeing he was finished with his homework and wanted to get to the Dojo early to check on Mashi. When he entered the Dojo, Ojiro immediately ran over to him, well limped since he was injured enough apparently to need crutches.

"Mashi?! What happened-"

"I was jumped by this guy with a metal quirk when this guy jumped out of no where- I swear he fell from the freaking sky- and knocked him out! He then asked me if I was okay before he left! I was saved by a vigilante. A freaking vigilante, Zuku!!!! Although I hope Verde- that's his name- got away safely. Eraserhead had shown up with the police."

"I thought he patrolled around midnight?" Izuku questioned.

"So did I. But apparently he was out earlier. Something about being in the area after checking on a separate incident."

Crap, Ms. Joke must have been the reason he was out. Did she call him? The fact he checked up on her proves they are friends- not that her calling him Eraser and talking about him didn't already clue him in on that friendship. But still, he could of been caught!

"Oh..." Izuku said.

"Yeah, anyways, the Dojo classes have been canceled for today due to last night's events, so we can head over to the Cafe." Ojiro replied, changing the subject.

"Okay. Oh, um, how long will you need the crutches?"

"Oh, till Friday. I don't necessarily need them, but It is hard to walk right now so I am gonna use them."

They headed over to the Cafe, in complete silence. Neither had anything they wanted to talk about after all. They eventually made it to the Cafe and they ordered a dozen manjus. They then went to sit down at a table... which happened to be near Eraserhead and a green-haired lady- wait that's Ms.Joke! Izuku was hoping that Ms. Joke wouldn't somehow figure out he was Verde, despite how illogical that fear was. The two Pro Heroes were whispering but Izuku could pick up what they were saying if he tried to. Though it was harder seeing he was extremely tired from staying up all night.

"Honestly, I don't mind the Vigilante. He did save me last night, so it's hard to complain." Ms. Joke laughed.

"You seem very defensive of him, is he a kid?" Aizawa inquired.

"Huh? How would I know-" Ms. Joke responded nervously.

"Fukukado, you normally seem to support vigilantes, but you get crazily defensive of the younger ones. All day you have been defending him so it's only logical to conclude that you know he is a kid."

"Aizawa, why do you care how old he is?" Ms. Joke asked with a knowing smile.

"Because no kid should be out there on the streets fighting. It's dangerous. And he should be in bed if he is a kid, not out there on a school night fighting criminals!"

"Awww, you do care-" Ms. Joke cooed.

"Not caring, just sensible." Aizawa mumbled.

"Same difference."

She looked over and noticed a boy in a green hoodie looked extremely tired while his friend was scrolling on his phone. The hoodie reminded her of Verde's hoodie in a way. It made her wonder just how many people had that hoodie...

"Zuku, you okay? You look dead my friend." Ojiro said.

"I'm fine, just tired."

"That's what you get for training all night you moron!" Ojiro scolded.

"Hey! I got like 4 hours of sleep so leave me alone!" Izuku whined.

"When did you go to bed?"

"Yawwwnnn, Around 11:30. I got up at 4 to clean the beach as well."

"Maybe you should skip Monday morning cleaning if you are going to spend Sunday nights training." Ojiro suggested.

"That sounds fair..."

"Hey, you be safe out there okay? I was attacked and it can happen to anyone." Ojiro said seriously.

"Want me to carry my practice bo-staff?"

"...Is that legal to do?" Ojiro laughed.

"Yeah, it is actually. Seeing a lot of people can't use their quirks to defend themselves, they tend to rely on things like pepper spray, tasers, or a bo-staff. It's something that like one-tenth of the area owns."

"Oh, cool. I might need to do that as well."

"Well, those crutches could knock someone out as well..." Izuku laughed.

"Oh yeah. Like someone decides to attack the guy on crutches only to get the wind knocked out of him. Can't imagine how much it would hurt to be hit by crutches." Ojiro laughed.

"A few months ago someone tried to mug a guy on crutches, and the guy fought back. He ended up needing stitches on his head."

"Ouch, that sounds painful." Ojiro mused.

Ms. Joke was taking note of this conversation, already noticing some strange things. First, he wore a green hoodie. Second, he was out late. Thirdly, he was talking about owning a bo-staff. Plus, he looked startled when he first saw her- yes, she noticed that. Aizawa didn't even think of the boy being Verde. Honestly, at this point, he just wrote it off as the boys' usual shenanigans. However, Ms. Joke was already putting the pieces together and when she did she had to stop herself from grinning. Verde was a table away from her.

"Hey Zuku, when we become heroes what exactly will you call yourself?"

"Huh, well how about The Quirkless Hero: Midori?"

"Huh, clever! It's part of your last name and it means green, which is like a major characteristic of yours." 

Ms. Joke almost choked on her coffee when she heard that. Verde meant green as well. Wow, he wasn't even trying to conceal his identity... or was he doing it on purpose to be in plain sight when more heroes come after him? Then being quirkless? That was what really helped him keep his identity a secret. Nonetheless, she was going to stay quiet. She knew sooner or later Eraser would go after him and knew it would be great to see what the boy does. Especially if he gets into UA- everyone wants to go to UA- since she knew he would most likely get Eraser as his Homeroom teacher. It was way better than watching tv! She was rooting for the boy as well. And if he did get caught, he really couldn't get into trouble considering he is quirkless. A vigilante is someone who illegally uses their quirk to save the day or fight. What he was doing could easily fall under the self-defense clauses.

"Yeah... thanks Mashi." Izuku sighed.

Ms. Joke was going to have a blast watching this fold out.

And done. I was not originally planning for Emi Fukakado (Ms. Joke) to appear but as I was writing the woman scene I was like, "what if he saved an off duty hero?" Then I thought of how she loves to mess with Eraserhead and now she knows who Verde is. I was originally planning for no one to know for now... but funny how fanfics tend to have a mind of their own. I also didn't plan to go over 5000 words but things happen. I might get another chapter out soon unless my siblings steal the computer. So expect the next chapter out within 4-7 days. (most likely 7 days so don't get your hopes up.)

Edit note: I fixed grammar, and clarified dialogue confusion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 101 10
On his first day at U.A high school, Izuku Midoriya was expelled by Shota Aizawa aka Eraserhead for being quirkless despite the man knowing that the...
8.8K 456 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
421K 15.8K 52
Let us follow the story of one Izuku Midoriya who was born several years earlier than cannon as he goes on his journey of being Japan's first Quirkle...
26.2K 878 37
Hi, I'm new at this! The image above is drawn by moi. However Boku no hero academia BNHA belong to Kōhei Horikoshi. This is my first time writing a f...