Thank You (Izuku X Momo) (On...

By MizuToriWP

The look on Yaoyorozu's face after she lost to Tokoyami was all too familiar to Midoriya. (Also on AO3 and Fa... More

Talking
Before the Fight
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
After the Fight
Against the Quicksilver
Explosive Emotions
End of the Festival
A Good Place to Start
A Surprise Offer
The Past Comes Back Swinging
An Explanation
What Even Is Izuku's Life?
The Internships Begin
Training
The Hero Killer: Stain
A Stain Wiped Clean
Coming to Terms
Prep for Finals
Finals
The Final Finale
Recovery
I-Island Emotional Expo
Dancing With Feelings
Dream Camp
The Test of Courage (and Love)
Quirk Evolution
Recovery... Again: Part One
Recovery... Again: Part Two
The Rescue: Part One
The Rescue: Part Two
The Rescue: Part Three
More Explanations
Home Alone
The Talk (Not That Kind...Well A Little Bit)
The End of the Aftermath
Brainstorming
Deleted Scenes
It's All Coming Together Now
The Exam Begins
What Is The Matter With Everyone?
Nice Day For A Swan Dive
Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)
Fix It
Change
Sir
Ghosts of the Past
Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance
Ghosts Can Cry Too
Headshot
Happy Birthday Momo
Whatever Fate Awaits
Full Power
The Raid (Part One)
The Raid (Part Two)
The Raid (Finale)
Recovery...For the Third Damn Time
Sayonara, Nana
Curveball
One Small Step
We Got This

The Rescue: The Symbol of Peace

13.8K 321 646
By MizuToriWP

"RAAAH!!!"

*BAM* *BANG*

The world watched on as The Number One Hero: All Might brutally wailed on the mysterious villain that they had never seen before. It was an odd sight for most to see their hero beat someone down with absolutely no mercy. All For One was being pushed back by the hero as the ground quaked with every hit he took. All For One was holding his arms up to block attacks, but with the speed All Might was hitting him activating a quirk was difficult. He couldn't concentrate, and he needed an opening. "Tch. Not holding back are you? Don't you care for your students? Especially Izuk-TOAH!"

All For One was interrupted by a hard punch to his diaphragm from under his arms. His already weakening respiratory system going into flux.

"Keep his name out of your disgusting mouth. He is one of the best students in U.A. Young Midoriya has surpassed my expectations time and time again. I have full faith in him to handle himself. Besides, he gave you that broken hand didn't he? Young Bakugou as well. All I have to worry about is making sure you stay down for good this time." All Might stated.

All For One activated his spear-like bones to extend out of his arms, but All Might broke them off. He took All For One by the forearm and swung him into a broken down building. "I've seen that trick back when you fought my master. You've had that quirk for quite some time. What? Have you been sitting down doing nothing for all these years? Unlike you, I've been preparing for this. I refuse to lose anyone else to you."

From the dust, All For One rose out. The dust in the air going into his lungs. He began coughing wildly. "* Cough* You have * cough* no *cough* *cough* idea what kind *cough* of quirks I now possess."

"It won't matter. Tonight, one of us shall stand, and the other shall fall. And with how you're looking and sounding right now, I'm liking my odds."

All Might shot forward once again, not wasting anymore time with conversation.

If All For One was talking, that meant he was still breathing...

...which meant Toshinori's job wasn't finished.

...

Momo looked around the corner of the now broken wall they were hiding behind and saw Izuku and Bakugou surrounded by League of Villains. All Might had punched All For One away from the group, and was glaring All For One down with a look she had never seen on the hero before.

But, that didn't matter. Izuku needed her, and she couldn't let him get hurt. Momo turned back to Izuku's direction and prepared another sword. Just as she was about to step out, she felt a hand grasp her arm, keeping her in her spot.

She turned back to see Iida holding her. She tried to break free, but Iida held her firmly. He shook his head and whispered, "Don't. If you go out there, we'll be caught for sure. We need to find a way to get Midoriya and Bakugou, and get out of here so All Might can focus on his fight. They don't seem to know it's Midoriya yet, so if we can get them out quickly, then we can keep it that way. He's doing just fine. He and Bakugou can hold their own until we get them."

Momo felt that she should go out there, but Iida wasn't wrong. Izuku was grabbing and throwing large chunks of rubble at the villains using Black Whip while Bakugou was blasting them. Izuku had even managed to crack his whip around Magne and slam her right into Dabi and Compress. 'He's getting really good at his new quirk already.'

But, it seemed they were definitely tiring out. And, of course, the two didn't work together all that well. Izuku was doing his best to avoid attacks, and avoid Katsuki's carefree explosions. Izuku looked over to Bakugou to see one of Kurogiri's portals opening up behind him. "Ka-uh Person I don't know! Look out behind you!"

"Bakugou started to turn around, "Stop telling me what to-"

*Thwack*

Katsuki's world slowed as from the portal came Magne's foot... directly into Katsuki's nether region. Bakugou slowly put his hands over his groin, fell to his knees, and...

"...FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Momo covered her ears at Bakugou's high pitched screams. Yeah, they needed to leave.

One thing Momo thought was odd was that Izuku was only using Black Whip. The realization suddenly dawned on her. 'He's disguising himself. Almost no one knows that Izuku has a second quirk, so using it will keep him unidentified. Clever, but he should choose protecting his life over getting in trouble.'

There was another problem, however. Izuku seemed to be in pain. His new quirk was putting a heavy strain on his arms from such heavy usage. They needed a way to get the two out of there. NOW.

Izuku could get out easily. With his speed and Black Whip, escape should be no problem. But, Bakugou was the wild card. He might not listen to them, especially not herself or Izuku. Momo looked over to Kirishima, the key to the whole operation. He seemed to be the only one that got through to Bakugou the entire year. If he was the one calling out to him, then he will listen.

Momo knew with how bad the situation was that they couldn't just get in and get out. They needed to purely get out, and to have Izuku and Bakugou with them. But, how?

First, they needed to retain their advantage of the villains not knowing they were there. Second, they needed to make sure that they stay out of the league's reach. Izuku and Katsuki can make it to them on their own. The big boss was being occupied by All Might, he shouldn't be that big of a problem. The real issue was Kurogiri.

The air was the most safe option saying that none of the League that Momo has seen has any range based quirks. But, Kurogiri's portals could be spawned anywhere. If they were going to make it out of there, he needed to be taken down...

...or they just needed to make sure he didn't see them.

Momo hasn't seen Kurogiri use his quirk very much. But, every quirk has a weakness. From what she had seen, Momo figured it had to be sight based. There had been popular portal quirk heroes in the past and they usually had to see or remember where they were going. And, since Kurogiri's body seemed to be connected to his portals, then Momo had to assume he couldn't just make portals wherever he wanted. If so, he could've just walked inside U.A. multiple times at this point. Ironically, the plan forming in her mind actually involved getting the villain's attention.

Another problem she was coming across was the amount of people. She didn't want to leave anyone behind in all of this chaos. Correction, she couldn't leave anyone behind or it will haunt her. But, there would be six of them when they picked up Izuku and Bakugou. It wasn't exactly a practical number for lightweight travel. And, all of them trying to fly in the air would make them one big target. Momo did her best to analyze the situation and all of their quirks. She didn't know some of the League's quirks, so luck would have to be on their side even more than it already had to be.

She knew what to do. "Boys, close your eyes."

Kirishima looked over confused, "Hm? Why-Oh! Okay nope." Kirishima, Shoto, and Iida all covered their eyes and turned away as Momo began to undo the bow on the back of her neck keeping the upper half of her dress up.

...

Izuku's arms were burning. His disguise wouldn't last much longer. He couldn't use Black Whip much more, and he could tell Bakugou was getting tired too. The villains were starting to land more blows. Izuku dodged a knife incoming from Toga, and landed back near Katsuki. Katsuki was panting heavily.

"He keeps kicking me in the dick. Why!? Why does he keep kicking me in the dick!?"

The League's circle around the two began to get tighter. Dabi's chuckled, "First off, Magne's a woman. Second, wouldn't hitting you anywhere still be hitting a dick?"

"Hmhmhmhm." Bakugou whipped his head over to Izuku trying to keep in laughter.

"Do you think that's fucking funny!?"

"W-What!? No! No, of course not," Izuku said, averting his eyes.

Shigaraki groaned, "Everyone shut up. Master wants to deal with you personally, so you both are going to stay right he-"

*CRASH!*

All eyes turned to the side to see a large glacier in the form of a ramp build up high into the sky, and riding up the ice was... Todoroki and Iida as a human rocket holding Kirishima. And, by "human rocket" that was literal. And passing over the group in the air was...a Russian nesting doll? ' Momo!' Izuku looked down to the hole where the three came from to see Momo standing there looking over to him.

( Momo tied her dress back up, and turned to Ejirou. "I have a plan. It'll be a little unorthodox, but it should work."

The three boys looked at one another and then back at Momo. Iida nodded, "We'll follow your lead Yaoyorozu."

Momo nodded back and turned to face the wall and began to feel along the surface. "Todoroki, fill all of the cracks in the wall with ice to weaken it. You three are going to bust through it."

"I'm already regretting my previous statement."

"Just listen," Momo frowned. "You're going to repeat what you did at the bar. Kirishima, you're going to be a battering ram with Todoroki and Iida holding you. Once you're through, Todoroki you need to form a ramp of ice as you go. You're going to propel yourselves using Iida's Recipro Burst.

Iida spoke up, "But, my Recipro won't be strong enough to carry is all. At least, not very far. Not to mention the added weight of you, Midoriya, and Bakugou."

"That's why I created this." Momo lifted up a metal canister with an outward cone on one end with a fuse coming out of it. "I'm going to have to attach this to Todoroki."

Todoroki raised his hand, "Um, before we attach that to my body, what exactly is that?"

"Rocket fuel."

"...You know how to make that?"

"It's not too complicated. Just form liquid hydrogen and oxygen with hydrazine while using an unsymmetrical-"

"I get it. And you're going to attach that to my body."

"Yes."

"...Alright, I'm in."

Iida shot his hands up, about to retort, but he knew there was no way to convince them to do literally anything else. Momo created a belt, and looped it over Todoroki and the combustion chamber attaching it to his back tightly. "There's not so much that it will fire off your back or send you thousands of feet in the air, but it'll get the job done. Kirishima, you're the key to this whole thing. You're the only one Bakugou will listen to. If you call out to him, he'll follow."

Ejirou nodded and activated his quirk. "I'm on it boss lady." After Todoroki filled the cracks with enough ice to put severe pressure on the wall, he got onto the other side of Kirishima, hoisting him up. Iida followed Todoroki's example on the other side. "Where do you fit in Yaoyorozu?"

"I don't."

"What!?" The three said simultaneously.

"It's just you three. Besides, someone needs to throw these." She held up a Russian nesting doll and opened it up to reveal a flashbang. "Kurogiri's portals are too dangerous. If he's distracted he can't open one and stop you."

"But, how will you escape in all this chaos?" Todoroki asked.

"It's simple. You're not going to pick up Izuku." They all looked at her confused, so she decided to elaborate. "You've all seen Izuku's speed, especially with those gauntlets on. At I-Island he was matching if not going faster than All Might. He could've escaped this entire time if he wanted to. But, he's protecting Bakugou, so he can't leave. Izuku knows about the dolls, and if he's as good of a boyfriend as I know he is, he'll immediately look for me. At that point Bakugou will be in your hands, and Izuku will come for me. Izuku IS my escape route. All Might can keep the leader at bay. We'll all meet back at the shopping district near the train station, okay?"

The boys were all reluctant, but they trusted Momo's judgement. Each nodded their heads, and Iida and Todoroki propped their feet up on the wall behind them. Iida turned to Yaoyorozu, "We'll see you both there?"

Yaoyorozu smiled, "I promise." Todoroki brought his left hand back and ignited a small flame. Iida's Recipro Burst sprang to life.

"Three...two...ONE!"

Momo raised a finger, "I should also mention that if I made the formula wrong then you might explode."

Three sets of eyes whipped to Momo, "WHAT!!!"

*TTWOOOOSH!!!*

...

Everyone watched in shock at the display in front of them. Wind crashed into the rocketing teen's faces as they ascended up into the sky on a giant glacier. Todoroki stopped creating ice and they flew up into the air. Once Kirishima regained his bearings, he looked back down to the ground towards the group. He stretched his hand out to his friend.

"BAKUGOU! COME ON!"

Izuku watched as a flashbang popped out of the doll, he heard Kirishima's call for Bakugou, and Momo was still here.

That stunt wasn't meant for him. It was meant for Bakugou. Momo was waiting for Izuku instead of a big operation like that. She knew he didn't need one. Izuku smiled as he covered his eyes. ' I fell for a genius.'

Shigaraki rushed forward to Bakugou, reaching out his hand to take hold of the hostage. But...

"RRAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

*BOOOOOM!*

A combustion of light and smoke erupted from Katsuki's hands, sending him into the sky. He soared over buildings like a missile, a smoke trail following him. He reached out his hand and clasped it with Kirishima's, merging with the rest of the group.

He looked up and smiled, "You idiots."

"Good to see you too buddy."

Back down on the ground, Shigaraki waved through the smoke to see his hostage flying through the sky. "Kurogiri! Open up a po-"

* Bang*

"Grraah!" Shigaraki saw a bright light in his peripheral vision and turned to see the rest of his team with their eyes clamped shut, including Kurogiri.

All For One raised his hand to bring the teenagers back down, but All Might rushed forward and wrapped both arms around the villains raised one. Pushing his torso forward, and bring his arms back, he snapped All For One's arm. Toshinori then backhanded All For One back into a fallen building.

*Thuum* *Pow* *Crack*

Izuku watched as suddenly all of the villains we knocked down by a streak of yellow. Gran Torino landed down next to the knocked down villains. He looked over to Izuku, "Get outta here kid!"

Izuku saw his opening, and went for it. All eyes were off of him. Izuku boosted to 50% and shot forward to Momo, picked her up bridal style, and in the blink of an eye was out of sight.

All For One climbed out of the rubble and sighed. "An opportunity wasted. So sad. I think it's time for Shigaraki to take his leave as well." All For One sent out a shockwave as Toshinori to distract him. All For One then raised his hand and activated his Forceful Quirk Activation quirk. It pierced Kurogiri and Magne, and a portal opened up behind Toga and the rest were magnetized to her. Gran Torino tried to chase after them, but it was too late.

Shigaraki was dragging his nails on the ground, trying to resist the magnetism. "No! Master you're too weak! You don't have your helmet and you body isn't-!"

"I'm well aware Young Tomura. But, that is not your concern. Lead the group well. I believe in you."

"No! NOOOO-!" The portal shut closed. The League of Villains was gone from the scene. All For One was the only one left.

"How touching." All For One turned back to see a fist flying straight into his face. * Crack* The League Emperor was shot back once again. "It's so sweet to see you manipulate someone else and pretend like you care."

"Such ferocious behavior is unbecoming of the Number One Hero. These actions don't constitute the heavenly stature the world has associated with you."

"Well, then I guess I'll see you in Hell."

All For One stood up straight, "Hmhmhm. It seems you're going first however."

Toshinori almost laughed. He looked All For One over. His breathing was full of wheezes and shakiness, his right hand looked like a crushed can with blood oozing down to the ground. Scuff marks, cuts, and bruises littered his body and his other arm was broken thanks to Toshinori. "You're loss of eyes seems to be taking its toll on you. You can't even see when you're losing."

All For One chuckled, "Maybe. But, I can still see when someone is trying too hard. You look tired All Might. You look like you could keel over right now. How tragic. If you were gone, what would happen to sweet little Ink-"

* SMASH !!!*

Faster than a hummingbird could flap its wings a single time, Toshinori had rocketed his fist straight into All For One's Temple and continued his onslaught.

"KEEP!" *CRACK* "HER! *CRACK* "NAME!" *CRACK* "OUT!" *CRACK* "OF!" *CRACK* "YOUR!" *CRACK* "FILTHY!" *CRACK* "MOUTH!!!" At his final word, Toshinori grabbed onto All For One's face and dragged him through the air like a kite. He slammed the villains head down into the side of a building and ran along the side of it. Glass and concrete running along and cutting All For One's face. Once Toshinori reached the end of the building, he threw All For One as hard as he could into more rubble.

Gran Torino gawked at the entire attack in shock. This wasn't how Toshinori regularly fought. He was fighting as if he was a wild animal cornered by a pack of predators, wildly punching as hard as he could towards lethal areas. It was... unsettling to see Toshinori be so ruthless.

"Hehehehehe!" Toshinori growled as All For One slowly stood from his crater. "I'm happy I could help you blow off steam All Might." Toshinori's eyes widened as he looked to his hand to see his regular steam rise from his skin.

' No! Damn it.'

"That's the thing hero. I knew I didn't have to win right away. I couldn't do that, you're far too stubborn. All I had to do was outlast you. You were so determined to kill me this time around. You tried so hard. I must admit, I wasn't expecting such behavior from you. There wasn't a single moment where I could get an opening. But, in the end all I needed to do was sit back and watch you flail and spend all of your energy. However, you have a trend of pushing your limits in battle. So, let's make sure you're finished this time."

All For One raised his hand directly at Gran Torino, a shockwave building up in his arm. Toshinori's heart stopped. He burst forward and jumped in front of Gran Torino. "NO!!!"

*WRRRBOOOOM*

...

Izuku skidded to a stop in an alley outside of the shopping district. The moment he let Momo down she immediately latched back onto him, hugging him so hard he thought his mother had some stiff competition in the hugging department.

She leaned back and cupped his face. "Are you okay!? What happened in there? Were you hurt? I-I-"

Izuku reached his hands up and grabbed her wrists. "I'm okay."

He felt Momo start to shake and saw tears in her eyes. "Wh-When I saw you vanish I...I didn't...I was just so scared that you-"

He wrapped his arms around her waist. "I-I'm fine. Really." Momo's tears began to fall as she nodded. She brought his face to hers began kissing him all over. Izuku had almost forgotten just how amazing life could feel when she was with him. Even with a villain assault going on, he couldn't help but feel happy to be there. "I-I th-thought about you the whole t-time."

"Mhm?" Momo hummed still kissing him.

"Not that I-I don't want to do this. I mean, I'm sure I-I need s-some comforting right now, but w-we should find the others."

Momo pulled back with her cheeks red, "Yes, of course. Sorry."

"It's o-okay." Momo took his hand and they walked out of the alley and into the giant crowd of people watching the fight on the big screens. "Later though."

Momo looked to him when he said that. His face was completely red now. She smiled and blushed as well. It immediately vanished whenever she looked to the screen herself. All Might was just hit with a massive blast trying to defend Gran Torino. Everyone watched as the smoke cleared to see...

...half of All Might's face had changed.

One side was normal, and the other side was gaunt, thin, and his hair fluffed out into flowing strands. Steam was billowing off of his body. "Izuku...Wh-...All Might...he looks like-..." Momo looked over to Izuku to see him staring wide-eyed at the screen in total silence.

*BOOM!*

Momo looked back to the screen to see another blast hit All Might. But, this time when the smoke cleared, it was not what Momo or anyone else expected.

'Mr. Yagi?'

On the screen, Toshinori stood deflated in front of Gran Torino with his arms crossed over his body to block the blasts. He had gone too hard in the beginning. He had used everything he had at the start, so angry he wasn't even thinking about his limits. And now, he was paying the price.

His skeletal form stood tall for the whole world to see. The entire plaza was silent as they gazed upon their hero.

"Wh-...What happened?"

"Who is that?

"It's All Might."

"It can't be. Why does he look like that?"

Izuku felt his world grow cold, the secret was out now.

All Might's true form was revealed.

...

Satisfaction.

The satisfaction of being right.

The satisfaction of having something you wanted so bad finally given to you.

This is what Shoto Todoroki felt as he gawked at All Might's true form.

It was him. The man in the car with Izuku that night. That man, the man who acted so fatherly to Midoriya...was All Might.

Shoto had done it. He had figured it out. And now, the proof gifted itself right to him. All the sleepless nights and theories and casework all flew through his mind. His nose started to bleed from the mind overload he was experiencing. He could only do one thing now.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!! DAD MIGHT IS REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLL!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The entire crowd all turned and watched as the son of Endeavor hysterically laughed and spazzed out. Todoroki grabbed onto Iida's shoulders began to shake him while continuously laughing.

...

"...I am All Might. I know that makes no sense, but it wil-"

*Clunk*

Inko's phone dropped to the floor as she stared at the T.V. She had just gotten home and turned on the news and saw the battle against All Might and the unknown villain. Inko had immediately tried to call Izuku, but she saw she had a message from Toshinori.

This was not what she was expecting.

Inko couldn't move. She couldn't blink. She just looked on as her Toshi faced down one of the most dangerous villains the world had ever seen.

Toshinori was All Might...

She was dating The Number One Hero...

' Izuku is going to freak out.'

...

"Ah, much better. Isn't it freeing to know you no longer have to hide what you really look like All Might? Now they can finally see their hero for what he truly is...a bag of bleeding skin and bones."

Toshinori closed his eyes and put his arms down. "So what?"

"Hm?"

"Big and strong, or skinny and frail. It doesn't matter. I'm still going to take you down." All Might said, his smile returning.

"Oh? Is that the hero's fire still burning inside of you? Perhaps this will quench it. Tomura Shigaraki, is actually Nana Shimura's grandson."

All Might's smile faded. His eyes widened. "W-...What?"

"It's true."

"Y-You're lying."

"Really? Am I now? Oh come now, you can see it. It's exactly something I would do. Here, I'll make it easier for you. What do you get when you take the "Shi" in Shigaraki, and the "Mura" in Tomura?"

"No." It couldn't be. It just couldn't. The boy...the villain ...was Nana's descendent. All Might's heart fell and he screamed in his agony. "UUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

All For One laughed, "Now you see it, don't you?"

Gran Torino grit his teeth and yelled, "He...What did you do to him!? H-How did yo-"

"I merely showed him the truth."

All Might looked to the ground and agony and shame. 'What would Nana think of me?'

"Al-...All Might!" A woman halfway crushed under the rubble behind the group tried to call out to him. "All Might...Please... P-Please don't give up! We need you!"

...

The crowds watched as All Might seemingly gave in. His smile faded and he was slouching and screaming in anguish. Izuku and Momo listened as the crowd began to share their concerns.

"He...he can't give up!"

"Yeah! He's All Might! Nothing can stop him!"

"Come on All Might! Get back in the fight!"

"You can do this!"

Izuku and Momo listened as hundreds and hundreds of voices began to scream and chant for Toshinori. Across the crowd, the rest of their team stood too. Katsuki watched as his hero had dwindled to a small and bony man right before his eyes, but...he was his hero. It didn't matter what he looked like.

All Might never loses.

Izuku stepped forward with tears in his eyes, "WIN THIS!"

Katsuki clenched his fist, "BEAT HIM!"

"COME ON ALL MIGHT!!!" They both shouted simultaneously.

At this point, the entire country had joined in. Maybe even the entire world. From the people in the streets, to the students of U.A, to Melissa, David, and all of I-Island, right down to Inko.

"BEAT HIM TOSHI! FIGHT!!!"

The echoes of the world reached Toshinori's ears. He looked up to All For One, and clenched his teeth.

"You're right miss...I shouldn't ever have a doubt in my heart that I could fail in my endeavor. How dare I give up."

Toshinori poured the little remaining strength he had into his arm. "I WILL DEFEAT YOU, ALL FOR ONE!!!"

All For One scowled, and proceeded to levitate up into the sky. "Tch. I think I'm going to vomit. All those chants and false promises. Heroes and villains. It's time to stop looking at dreams and heroics, and focus on reality." All For One's arm began to expand and break through his suit. "Spring-like limbs, Four Kinetic Boosters, Strength Enhancer x3, Air Walk, Rivets, Multiplier, Impact Recoil, Spear-like Bones, Air Cannon. The shockwaves were just to wear you down, but now I can take you out with the amalgamation of quirks I've stored up. One For All is nothing but a ghost in you. A shadow of its former self. It's a dwindling fire, desperate to put itself out. You've already passed it onto Izuku Midoriya. You have no control over him, you can't teach him, you have no idea what dark things lurk in his head. You will die with regrets tonight. But, wounded heroes are always the scariest. Wildly flailing desperate punches left and right. So maybe I'll humour you until then."

Suddenly, a fireball flew towards All For One. It was easily batted away. "ALL MIGHT!" Toshinori turned to see Endeavor, Edgeshot, and Kamui Woods approaching the battlefield. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!? EXPLAIN THAT PATHETIC FORM!"

Toshinori deadpanned, 'I really don't have time for this.'

All For One would roll his eyes if he could. "More of you? Enough of this." He raised his quirk-filled arm toward the hero's.

*Shk*

All For One growled. He looked to his shoulder to find a sword lodged in it. He turned to see a thread-like Edgeshot flying around him. "Consider that a gift from my student. And if you don't mind, we'll do some saving while we're here."

Down on the ground, Kamui Woods picked up the unconscious Mt. Lady, Best Jeanist, and multiple other citizens. Tiger was doing the same while still holding on to Ragdoll.

Edgeshot looked down to All Might. "It's up to you Symbol of Peace! The nomu's are all taken care of. Now fight!" He flew back down to the ground and began helping with citizens.

Toshinori looked on at his fellow heroes. They came to help. 'Of course they did. They're amazing heroes...and they're counting on me.'

Gran Torino began to turn to help others, but he looked back to Toshinori. "Toshinori...We're all counting on you. This victory can only be taken by you. Make Nana proud." He bounced off, leaving Toshinori to his battle.

Toshinori heard his words. He thought to everything and everyone that depended on him. The world. Dave and Melissa. Gran Torino and all other heroes. His students. Inko and his future with her. Izuku and his future. The life he wanted...no , needed to lead.

Nothing will stop him from achieving that.

With every fiber of his being, Toshinori pulled every last drop of strength into his body. The shadows of One For All will fight with him. At first, just his arm grew in muscle...

...But, then his entire body grew.

All Might, his hero form restored, steam flowing all around him like ribbons, raised his head to face All For One. "You talk about focusing on reality, yet you can't even see your own. Look at you. You can hardly even breath. That quirk-arm of yours is broken and pouring blood thanks to Young Midoriya. You can't even heal your other injuries. I'm assuming you're focusing your healing quirks just to keep you alive so that deteriorating body of yours doesn't give out. Don't you preach to me about reality! You've gone on long enough! You destroy lives! You care for nothing! You vanquish and crush people who just want to live their lives! Including me! That is something that can never be forgiven!"

All Might crouched down and readied himself. All For One pulled out the sword in his shoulder and threw it away. "How long can that form last you All Might? A few minutes?"

"Just about. That's enough time to take you down. How long will your respiratory system last?"

All For One sighed, "I'm getting tired of talking. Let's finish this."

*CRASH!!!*

The hero and the villain collided in the blink of an eye. The ground shook and concrete turned to dust. From the cloud of dust, All Might came flying out crashing into the ground. All For One came out of the cloud following him. The villain shot out streams of air towards the hero. Toshinori jumped up and clapped his hands together, the shockwave cancelling out the attacks.

All Might launched at the mid-air All For One and rocketed his fist into the villain's stomach. He carried All For One and slammed him into a building wall. Toshinori grabbed onto All For One's face and dragged him up the building. Once he reached the top, Toshinori threw the villain up and slammed him back down to the ground.

Before All For One reach the ground, he used his Air Walk and stopped his descent. All Might shot down to the ground. "SMASH!" The two collided and blew apart. All For One sent another shockwave at All Might, directly hitting him and sending him back.

"I can feel your punches weakening All Might! Perhaps you should take a breather."

Toshinori coughed up blood and his left arm deflated. He grunted and brought it back to normal. "Just fine!" Toshinori shot forward and All For One extended his spikes out and slashed.

All Might ducked under the spikes and slammed another shot into All For One's diaphragm. The League Emperor began to wheeze and cough, and Toshinori picked All For One up by the neck. But, as he brought his arm back to punch, it deflated once more. All For One took his chance and grabbed onto Toshinori's good arm and squeezed down, cracking the bones.

"AAAAH!" Toshinori dropped All For One and was barely able to back up before All For One could land a lethal blow. Toshinori began to steam even more and started to shrink.

All For One dropped to the ground and began to wheeze and cough even more. His respiratory system was taking too much damage. He could hardly breath and blood began to pool in his mouth. His regeneration quirks couldn't catch up anymore.

Steam billowed around Toshinori. He couldn't keep his buff form anymore. It was draining him too much. He could just barely keep his power in one arm.

For once, both agreed on something.

This needed to end...NOW.

Both rose to their feet and stared at one another. The chants of the people still echoed through the sky and through the dust and debris. All For One tried to laugh, but it just ended in coughs. He looked back to All Might.

"Listen to these chants now. These will be the last time you hear them, and they will be the last time they are ever yelled."

Toshinori chuckled, "I wouldn't be so sure about that. Even if I die here, another will stand up one day and take my place. He's going to be even better than I could have ever hoped to be."

"Izuku Midoriya? Even I must admit there is truth to some of that. But, he's had a lack of teaching. He came here without your consent, and he's learned so much without your guidance. You've failed him as a teacher."

Toshinori smiled. "You're right. I have. I've done almost nothing to truly help him in his adventures. But, I will make it up to him. After today I will dedicate my life to training him to make sure the likes of you are forever stopped. I won't fail him, as a teacher...and a father."

"Ahahahahaha! * wheeze* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So very touching. I'll be sure to give my regards to the son at the funeral!"

The two jumped forward to one another. "If anything, Young Izuku is the better teacher! He's taught me so much! For instance...!"

"Impact reco-!"

As the two sent their fists to collide with one another, just before they touched Toshinori stopped his fist. A giant blast of air shot out and sent All For One sliding backwards. "He's also taught me this!"

Toshinori aimed his arm behind his body and flicked his finger, propelling him forward to All For One. He pulled his arm back and shot it towards All For One. The villain managed to stop his slide and send his fist directly back at All Might. The two collided and the ground shook and crumbled.

"IMPACT RECOIL!"

Pain was sent back into Toshinori's arm and blood spurt out from multiple points. Toshinori gasped in pain, but stood his ground in the stalemate. "And, how could I forget the most important lesson!?"

Toshinori's power exited his arm as he slid past All For One's arm.

"I HAVE LEGS!!!"

Power sparked through Toshinori's leg as he launched it up straight into All For One's jaw. Blood flew out of the villains mouth, and teeth cracked and flew out. All For One was lifted off of his feet, and All Might pulled his arm back.

"I'll put everything I've got into this! And I'll finish you for good!!!" Toshinori felt every last ounce and flame of One For All pour into his arm. The colors all swirled and flew through him.

Nana came into his vision. Six other silhouettes surrounded her. She spoke to him. "So many have passed this power down from one person to the next. Each one doing it for the greater good, and to create hope for all of mankind. And now, it's your turn. Do your best Toshinori..."

"And now, live your life."

"HRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

'Goodbye, All For One.'

All Might felt the flames course through every vein of his body. He shot forward and drove his fist directly into All For One's head. He carried him forward, power coursing and crackling all around.

"UNITED STATES OF...!!!"

"SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Toshinori slammed All For One down into the ground. The earth cracked and exploded from underneath Toshinori's fist. A tornado shot out from the force and power of the attack. Buildings and rubble all were ripped from the ground and flew like leaves in the wind turning to dust. The ground quaked with the ferocity of a magnitude 10 earthquake.

The tornado vanished, and everyone near the scene stood in awe at the mile wide crater where Kamino Ward once stood. In the center of it all, stood All Might. His deflated and broken fist caked in blood and sunken into the front of All For One's cheek.

Toshinori could feel the flame of his power vanish. All of it now transferred to Izuku. It was gone.

'Goodbye...One For All.'

* Cough* *Cough*

Toshinori looked down at All For One... coughing...

' No...'. He was still alive.

'No...No more.'

Toshinori bent down and grabbed All For One's head, and began to twist it.

* Wheeze*...*Wheeze*...Al-...migh-...*Wheeze*

Toshinori grit his teeth. He couldn't do it. His body wouldn't let him. He couldn't snap his neck. He couldn't kill him. Not like this.

Toshinori let go. "I'm not like you. Thank goodness for that. I can't kill you. Not when you're like this. Not at all. I won't stoop down to your level. The world is watching...my family is watching. I can't bear the thought of what they would think of me if I did this. But, remember this All For One. If you ever come near, talk about, or even think of my family or escaping ever again, I won't hesitate next time."

He looked up and saw the news helicopter fly overhead. It was time to turn in his resignation.

Toshinori stood up, and slowly raised his fist to the sky. He buffed up, and stood tall for all the world to see.

He was the victor.

The newscaster looked on with tears in his eyes. He spoke into his microphone, "H-...He did it. ALL MIGHT WINS!!!"

The people cheered and shouted. People cried and hugged their loved ones. It was over.

The heroes watched on from the sidelines. Edgeshot tried to go down to All Might to help him. "He's pushing himself. He's needs to-"

"Leave him be." Edgeshot stopped at Gran Torino's words. "It's his last job as the Number One Hero. The Symbol of Peace."

The world chanted one last time.

"ALL MIGHT! ALL MIGHT! ALL MIGHT! ALL MIGHT! ALL MIGHT! ALL MIGHT! ALL MIGHT!"

...

Izuku closed his eyes and sighed in relief. Toshinori won. Izuku looked over to Momo and hugged her. It was the only way he could think of expressing how ecstatic he felt without crying. Momo wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged right back.

"Izuku...All Might... he's...did you know?"

"C-Can we talk about this later?"

"Sure. Come on. Let's go find the others." Momo took his hand and they maneuvered their way through the crowd. They eventually spotted their friends and made their way to them. Iida spotted them first. "Midoriya! Yaoyorozu! I'm so glad that you-"

"Mightdoriya!" Izuku was suddenly trapped by Todoroki gripping his shoulders with a crazy look in his eyes. "I saw it. I. Saw. It. I have my proof. You can't lie to me anymore. I now without a shadow of a doubt know who All Might is. Now, I'll ask you once again. And you shall tell me the truth I have been trying to hear for months. Is...All Might... your father?"

"...No."

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!"

Kirishima walked over and took Shoto into a one armed hug. "I'll handle crazy over here. I'm glad you two got out. Yaoyorozu, you're a freaking genius." He escorted a saddened Todoroki away.

Izuku looked over to Bakugou to notice he was just sitting down quietly, not even looking up at anyone. Somehow, Izuku wasn't surprised in the least. Izuku looked back up to the big screen to see a new anchor coming on to the battle site.

" Attention everyone! We're coming onto the battlefield right now. Victims are being escorted by ambulance as we speak, and the casualty number so far is unknown. The villain that caused the damage is right over there being escorted away in the Tartarus Ambulance. Reports are coming in saying the villain is in critical condition, and his survival chance is unsure. And there's the hero of the hour now! All Might! All Might, could you explain this new look? What happened to make yo-"

The woman was stopped as All Might didn't look at her, but simply raised his hand, and pointed to the camera. With blood pouring down his arms and head, the dawning sun basking him in light, Toshinori spoke his final words, as All Might.

"Now... it's your turn."

Izuku's world fell around him except for the image of All Might. The people around him were taking it as a message for other criminals, that the Symbol of Peace still endured.

But, Izuku knew. He knew that message was for him.

All Might was finished. He had used every last ounce of power he had, and he could fight no longer. For now, the Symbol of Peace was gone.

Izuku watched as seven silhouettes surrounded the image of All Might, and stared back at Izuku. The final nail in the coffin. The final sign that it was truly his turn. The end of an era.

One For All was Izuku's legacy now.

He lowered his head, and tears silently fell from his eyes. He felt Momo's arms wrap around him once more. He buried his face into her hair, trying to forget his problems, even if just for a second.

He missed red eyes watching him from a few feet away.

...

"You have multiple fractures and breaks in your arms, and cuts. Those shockwaves jostled your head around, so you have a slight concussion. And your muscles are completely spent. Most are pulled, some are torn. So you're going to be extremely sore for a few weeks. But, our healing quirks should help."

Toshinori closed his eyes and sighed as he fell deeper into his pillow. "Thank you doctor. And my stomach?"

"No worse than it usually is."

"Ah, thank you."

"There is another matter however." Toshinori looked over from his hospital bed in confusion. "We were given strict rules for you that said absolutely no visitors. But, uh...you see-"

"Let me guess. As short, adorable, green haired woman who absolutely refuses to leave is outside right now, am I right?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Send her in. I'll take whatever I deserve. And, uh...Can we get some privacy?"

The doctor collected his things, "Of course. I'll be back in an hour or so to check up on you."

"Thank you."

The doctor exited the hospital room and made his way over to the visitors area. He saw the woman with her phone to her ear and tears in her eyes. "Excuse me ma'am?" Inko turned to the doctor. "You can see him, if you'd like."

Inko shot out of her chair and rushed down the hallway. The rest of the message repeating in her mind.

"So I...I just wanted to say...I...I love you. I know it's only been a few months since we met. But, these last three months have been the best of my entire life. Not to mention the entire year I've had with your son. I knew that whoever was responsible for such an amazing young man, I had to love. And, so I did. You both have changed my life greatly. I've never had much family throughout my life, and I've lost most of them. But with Young Mi-... Izuku, I've gotten a taste at what it's like to have a son. And with you I've experienced a feeling that I've never felt before... which is love, I mean. Sorry, I'm not very good at this."

It had been on repeat since she left the apartment. Inko slowed down as she approached his door. She put her hand on the handle, and entered.

When she walked through, the first thing she saw wasn't the cast's or medical equipment surrounding Toshinori. It was his eyes. Those blue eyes she's apparently been looking at ever since she bought Izuku his first All Might poster.

She closed the door and slowly approached the bed. She sat down on the edge, and he hesitantly looked at her. "...Hey Inko."

"...Hello Toshi."

They sat in silence for awhile until Toshinori decided to get it over with.

"I-... I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you. I really did. But...It was dangerous. And I know you don't like danger, and I'm the biggest danger magnet out there. I understand if you think it would be best to stop seeing each other. But, please just know that you and Izuku mean so much to me. And I will do anything to earn your forgivene-mmph."

He was stopped...by a kiss.

Inko had leaned down, and kissed him. And she wasn't stopping.

And Toshi wasn't going to argue.

He kissed back as best as he could being bedridden. Inko pulled back and cupped Toshinori's face. "You are the man that has saved not just mine, but everyone's lives countless times. You were the spark that kept my family alive. You were the only thing to keep my son going for years. You relit my heart again to be millions of times stronger than it ever was before. You're more of a father to Izuku than Hisashi ever was. And I feel for you more than I ever did anything else. Toshinori...I love you too."

She leaned back in and continued their kissing. Toshinori forced his body to sit up, and did his best to put his casted arms around Inko.

God-damn he loved this woman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 2.2K 27
It's been a week since the Overhaul incident nobody except a certain ponytail girl noticed how strange her classmate izuku midoriya is acting,after a...
23.1K 1K 22
❝đ‘Ļ𝑜đ‘ĸ𝑟 𝑒đ‘Ļ𝑒𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒đ‘Ļ'𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠.❞ ❝𝑤-𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡?❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ^^ 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 đ˜Ēđ˜¯ 𝘸𝘩đ˜Ē𝘤𝘩 đ˜ē𝘰đ˜ļ đ˜ĸđ˜¯đ˜Ĩ 𝘮đ˜Ēđ˜ĨīŋŊ...
8.1K 196 17
Himiko Toga, a high school girl was walking home but then she stop at a mystery library. She borrowed a manga and as she keep on reading, she noticed...
122K 1.8K 19
Izuku slowly stood up from the Arena. His arm stinging with pain as he winced. He let out a small pant as Beads of sweat dropped down his face. His e...