Thank You (Izuku X Momo) (On...

By MizuToriWP

The look on Yaoyorozu's face after she lost to Tokoyami was all too familiar to Midoriya. (Also on AO3 and Fa... More

Talking
Before the Fight
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
After the Fight
Against the Quicksilver
Explosive Emotions
End of the Festival
A Good Place to Start
A Surprise Offer
The Past Comes Back Swinging
An Explanation
What Even Is Izuku's Life?
The Internships Begin
Training
The Hero Killer: Stain
A Stain Wiped Clean
Coming to Terms
Prep for Finals
Finals
The Final Finale
Recovery
I-Island Emotional Expo
Dancing With Feelings
Dream Camp
The Test of Courage (and Love)
Recovery... Again: Part One
Recovery... Again: Part Two
The Rescue: Part One
The Rescue: Part Two
The Rescue: Part Three
The Rescue: The Symbol of Peace
More Explanations
Home Alone
The Talk (Not That Kind...Well A Little Bit)
The End of the Aftermath
Brainstorming
Deleted Scenes
It's All Coming Together Now
The Exam Begins
What Is The Matter With Everyone?
Nice Day For A Swan Dive
Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)
Fix It
Change
Sir
Ghosts of the Past
Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance
Ghosts Can Cry Too
Headshot
Happy Birthday Momo
Whatever Fate Awaits
Full Power
The Raid (Part One)
The Raid (Part Two)
The Raid (Finale)
Recovery...For the Third Damn Time
Sayonara, Nana
Curveball
One Small Step
We Got This

Quirk Evolution

17.3K 354 329
By MizuToriWP

Izuku, carrying Momo and Kota, dashed through the forest trying to reach the campgrounds to give Mandalay the info they learned from Muscular about Bakugou. There were even more problems now than before.

First, Izuku's adrenaline was slowly coming down. His arms were now a dull pain, but he knew that pain would multiply soon enough.

Second, it was terrible that the villains were apparently after Bakugou. And it was even far worse that they were after Momo. 'I get a girlfriend for 5 minutes and suddenly the universe realized it's mistake and tries to fix it.'

The third, final, and potentially scariest problem was the previous wielders were back. But it wasn't like earlier tonight, and it wasn't like the Festival. This time, they were everywhere. As Izuku dashed through the forest, every shadow, and behind every tree was another pair of eyes on a silhouette.

Izuku wanted to believe this to be a warning mechanism of some kind to tell him he was in danger. The only problem was that it had never done this before. Izuku had been in multiple dangerous situations before, and he never saw even the slightest sign of the previous wielders.

Tonight however, they wouldn't go away. They were trying to communicate with him. There was something else that was going to happen tonight, but Izuku was terrified to even think about what his predecessors were trying to tell him. 

He was so distracted he didn't even realize Momo was trying to get his attention. He looked to his girlfriend (' I still can't believe it') show he was listening.

"Izuku, we need to get back to the Med-Bay. We'll drop Kota off and properly deal with your arms. Then we'll find Mr. Aizawa and Mandalay to relay the message."

Momo had been trying to convince Izuku for the last minute of her plan as they dashed through the forest. Momo in Izuku's arms and Kota on his back. Kota, being only a child, was the top priority. And Izuku had broken his arm twice. It was black and bleeding profusely before Momo made a cast. They couldn't go out and help anyone if his adrenaline ran out and the pain overtook him.

Izuku however, had other plans…

"We can't. We need to get that message out first. What if they already have Kacchan? We can't-"

"Izuku!" He stopped running, Momo took his face in her hands and made him look at her. "I know we have to save Bakugou, but you need to prioritize! Kota is just a child, your arm needs immediate medical attention, and Bakugou is a combat efficient hero-in-training with an extremely powerful quirk. He also has Todoroki with him. They can handle themselves until we get to him. You have to see what's more important here. If you really look up to Bakugou, then you should believe he can hold his own for now."

Izuku closed his eyes and furrowed his brow in frustration. He leaned into Momo's hand, "...I-I know. You're right. But we can't go to the Med-Bay."

"Why not?"

Izuku looked ahead of them, "Because that's the Med-Bay." Momo followed his line of sight through the trees to see the entire Med-Bay engulfed in blue fire. As they got closer, they realized it wasn't just the Med-Bay...it was the entire Lodge grounds.

The classroom building, the main Lodge, the training grounds, all covered in an azure hellfire. 

Izuku gasped in a sudden realization.

"PIXIE-BOB!!!" Momo's heart stopped at Izuku's words. They had left Pixie-Bob inside the Med-Bay. Kota realized why they were panicked about Pixie-Bob, and tears began to well up in his eyes. Momo's heart then completely fell to her feet when she thought of something else. 

"The remedial classes! They were inside!" Momo could feel Izuku's chest move up and down even faster than before. He hurriedly out her and Kota down.

"I'll go get Pixie-Bob! You get to the classrooms and see if anyone's there! Kota, go hide beh-"

*Crash*

The trio turned to see an absolute miracle. A soot covered Aizawa broke through the doors of the Med-Bay, carrying an equal soot-covered and unconscious Pixie-Bob. He turned to see his students and Kota gaping at him. "Good, you're all okay. Do yo-"

Eraserhead looked at Izuku's arm to see it fully casted up. At the edge of the cast near his shoulder, a sickly black peeked its way out. "I take it back. You're not okay. Your injuries...you did it again."

"I-I had to! I ne-"

"It's fine. You're not getting in trouble for this. I'll take the fall for it; I need you to tell this to Mandalay anyway. You need to find Mandalay, and tell her to relay to everyone that I give them permission to fight." 

Momo walked up to Eraser, "Where's the rest of the class?"

"A lot of them and 1-B are still in the woods. Iida, some of 1-B, and the remedial classes have locked themselves into the panic room behind the classroom building," he said pointing to the burning building. "Well... except one."

"What do you mean?" Momo asked concerned. Izuku perked up at this as well. Aizawa clenched his fists.

"The attack started here, on the campgrounds. I was giving the remedial classes... I'm not sure what happened next. All of a sudden blue flames covered the classroom, and when they cleared...Tokoyami was gone."

Izuku and Momo looked at each other in a panic. Izuku spoked shakily, "Mr. Aizawa...I-I don't know why, but they're kidnapping specific students. Ka-Bakugou is a target, and so is Momo. We learned that from a villain we fought when saving Kota."

This was the first time they had seen Mr. Aizawa scared. His eyes had gone wide and he looked to the ground in thought. He looked to Momo, "You...stay with Midoriya. As much as I want you two back at the panic room, I need to go and get as many of you back as possible. I need someone to find Mandalay, but I can't have anyone left by themselves. Kota, follow me. I'm going to get you and Pixie-Bob to the rest of the students. Midoriya, Yaoyorozu, go find Mandalay and give her my message. As soon as you do that, get to the panic room immediately. Guide anyone you find on the way, understood?"

"Yes sir." They both said simultaneously. Izuku let Kota down, and they all parted ways. 

"Wait!" Izuku and Momo turned around to Kota's plea. "Th-...Thank you." Both teens just smiled, nodded, and ran off into the forest. Momo jumped back into Izuku's arms, and the two sped off.

"So Izuku, we're ignoring Mr. Aizawa's orders and finding the rest of the class after we give the message to Mandalay right?" 

"S-Sorry, but that's what I planned to do."

Momo just chuckled, "I can't tell if you're a good influence on me or not."

"I tend to leave that impression." The duo began to see the clearing where they last left the Pussycats. Mandalay was about to be cut down by Spinner's massive sword collective. Izuku shot to 12% and leaped into the air. "SMAAASH!!!"

He drop kicked the blades, breaking them all apart and shattering a few. Momo dropped down and pulled out Fushigiri. Spinner rushed to the ground and picked up the nearest weapon he could from his former sword. He grabbed the chainsaw and swung it around.

Momo parried the tool, slid Spinner's foot out from under him, and brought her elbow down right onto Spinner's snout. He instinctively tried to bring his hands up to his bleeding nose, which gave Momo the chance to grab his wrists, turn him onto his stomach and pin him to the ground. 

"Grr... you're the girl who fought Stain. And that boy is the one who Stain saved. You're both true heroes, and shall not die today."

Momo heard that and then looked at his attire and almost scoffed, ' Copycats. Of course.' She created handcuffs and placed them on the lizard man. Momo lifted him up to his feet, and shoved him over to Mandalay.

"You kid's are more capable than we thought."

"Thank you but there's something urgent we need to tell you. First, Kota is safe and with Mr. Aizawa. Second, relay to everyone that Mr. Aizawa gave us permission to fight the villains, and that Katsuki Bakugou is their main target. Tokoyami has been taken, and everyone needs to look out for him."

Mandalay's eyes and mouth opened in shock, "A student's been taken!?"

"Don't worry, we'll get him back." Momo said running back to Izuku. He bent down and she hopped onto his back. Izuku shot off again like lightning. Momo turned her head and yelled back, "Tell Mr. Aizawa we're sorry for this!" 

Mandalay ran after them, "Wait!" But soon stopped after only a few feet when she realized it was a lost cause. While she was distracted, Spinner took this golden opportunity to roll backwards onto his feet and disappear into the trees. 

"Attention all students! Eraserhead has given the go ahead to fight! I repeat, you have permission to fight back! The villains also have targets. They're after Katsuki Bakugou, and have already taken Fumikage Tokoyami! Everyone watch your partners backs and try to make it back to camp ASAP!"

Katsuki froze. He didn't even move when the "Tooth-Fucker" shot another attack at him. Todoroki had to make an ice glacier to block to attack. "Bakugou get back! They're after you!"

Katsuki put on a wide stiff grin. His eyes wide were wide open and strained. A nervous sweat dripped down his face. "Blah blah blah. Who gives a shit about that? We've been told to fight! SO LET'S FIGHT!!!"

Katsuki was clearly afraid.

Moonfish shot more teeth at Bakugou, but the blonde sent out an explosion that shattered the teeth tendrils. He continued to repeatedly blast at Moonfish. Todoroki looked at the crazed, strained look on Bakugou's face. The desperation in his attacks. He wanted to get out of here, and was fighting to hide it.

Izuku and Momo could hear the explosions a mile away. "He's that way!" Izuku said turning on his heel and speeding off towards the noise. Once they reached the pathway, they could see Bakugou continuously throwing explosion after explosion while Todoroki was trying to help while also carrying an unconscious 1-B student. 

"Can Fushigiri cut through teeth?"

"I guess we're about to find out." The duo raced forward to help their friend, but Bakugou saw them coming. He set off an explosion right in front of Izuku's feet, barely missing them.

"No! I told you before during finals, I don't want your help Deku!"

Momo got down from Izuku's back, "Now is NOT the time for this Bakugou! Didn't you hea-"

"I fuckin' heard! And I don't give a shit! I don't! Need! YOU'RE FUCKING! HELP!" Katsuki shot up into the air like a rocket, and launched his way towards Moonfish. The villain tried to send more teeth, but Bakugou was already there. He gripped his hands around all the bases of the teeth tendrils that he could.

"DIE MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Katsuki set off one of the biggest explosions he could. He was sent back to the ground from the force of it, and Moonfish was lost in the smoke and fire.

They heard another thump hit the ground. The smoke cleared for the teens to see Moonfish on the ground unconscious. Most of his teeth were blown off, and the front half of his tongue was burnt near black. Katsuki stood back up, "I told you."

Todoroki side eyed him, "You could have set the trees on fire."

"Look around you dumbass. They're already on fire. What's it matter if I add a little more?"

Momo furrowed her brow, "Oh! So if a civilian is injured during a villain attack, it's okay to get them hurt even more? Great hero work."

Katsuki snarled at her, "That's not what I meant. But if that civilian is you, then maybe it was bitc-"

"Stop!" All eyes turned to Izuku. "This really isn't the time for all of you to bicker. There are still more people out in the woods and we need to save them. Splitting up is a bad idea, we need to stick together. Especially with two targets here, and fighting each other isn't going to help."

Todoroki raised his eyebrows, "Wait, two targets?"

"We learned that I'm also a target." Momo informed them.

Izuku looked back to Bakugou, "So please stay with us. The more people we have, the less of a chance either of you have of getting caught."

Bakugou acted like he was reluctant, but in reality he was almost relieved to have others around for once. "Tch...fine."

"Thank y-you. Oh! And I know you've said before you don't want my help. But, I also said to stop calling Momo that word. We both know what happened when you did it last time. So leave my girlfriend alone." Izuku hurriedly turned around and started to lead the way.

Todoroki put his hands on his knees and sighed in relief, "Finally. You two are finally together. It was honestly getting on my nerves." He turned away and whispered to himself, "Now all that's left to do is Dad Might."

Bakugou rolled his eyes, and followed behind. Momo caught up to Izuku and looked at him. He was shaking in fear. He whispered to Momo, "I can't believe I just did that. He's gonna kill me. Why did I do that?"

Momo softly smiled, and kissed his cheek. "That's just your instincts to protect your significant other kicking in. We've been doing that for a while now."

"Are we gonna save everyone else's asses? Or are we gonna have to sit here and watch you two make out. Because if it's the latter, I'll go ahead and get kidnapped," Bakugou said, marching past them. 

Ochako's body felt cold. 

This psycho schoolgirl was terrifying. Uraraka had just pinned her to the ground, but now she was saying crazy nonsense with the most insane cheshire grin she'd ever seen.

"I can smell it on you Ochako. You're just like me... crushing on someone. But, your smell is a little different. Your crush is new and... different. Hehehe, I like that. My crush is special too. I like guys who reek of blood and pain. I want to be just like them. I'll drink their blood forever, so I can be just. Like. Them."

* SHINK*

Ochako felt a sharp pain in her thigh. One of Toga's syringes pierced her skin and sucked out her blood.

"Ochako!" Tsuyu yelled from the tree she was stuck too.

"Ooooh! I can see it in your eyes. You're thinking about them right now. Don't worry, I can't let another maiden die without confessing to her love. You won't die. I just need some delicious blood. Suck suck. Suck suck."

"Uraraka!?" The brunette looked up to see Izuku, Momo, Katsuki, and Shoto come out through the woods. Toga took her chance and broke free from Uraraka's grip. The blonde rushed into the woods, but not without looking back at the group. Her cat eyes focused in on the green-haired boy.

Dried and cracking blood covered his body and his adorable face. A cast covered up a severely broken yet muscular arm. Bruises and scuff marks covered him head to toe. He was…

'...Perfect.' 

Toga smiled and rushed off into the dark woods, already planning her future with her someday husband.

The teens ran up to Uraraka and Tsuyu. Todoroki helped Tsu down while Momo patched up Ochako's leg and arm. Izuku bent down to his friend, "We're glad you're alright. Have you-"

"Have you seen Kyouka!?" Uraraka interrupted panicked.

"U-Uh, no. We haven't. But I might know where she is. Her group should have been around the top of the Beast's Forest by now. So she should be…" Izuku stopped as he looked into the distance. All eyes turned to see a large portion of the forest pouring gas out of it. "...over there somewhere."

Ochako's heart stopped when she saw that. Kyouka was somewhere in that gas. "I-... I'm going after her."

"But Uraraka-"

"I'm going Deku. I-I have to."

"Then we're going with you."

"No. At least not everyone. You guys need to get Bakugou back to the lodge and save more people. I need to find Kyouka."

Tsuyu walked up to Ochako, "I'll go with you."

Momo tried to step in, "But what if you guys run in with another villain."

Ochako looked back to the gas, "I think specific villains were designated certain areas. That gas has to be comin' from somewhere. Whatever villain is makin' it, well just take em down."

Momo knew Ochako was as determined as they come, so she compromised. "Then both of you, take these." Two gas masks popped out of Momo's leg. She handed them to the girls, and they took off into the forest towards the gas. 

Izuku watched as they left. He wanted nothing more than to go and help them, but he also knew that others needed their help. And taking Bakugou and Momo even further into a villain's turf would be a bad idea. For now, he just had to put faith in Ochako and Tsu's abilities.

Their backs faded into the darkness. As they disappeared, the eyes of the wielders took their place. Everything went silent in his mind. He couldn't hear anything, except whispers. They were trying to...talk to him.

That was definitely new.

Suddenly things began to clear up. One pair of eyes suddenly started to become much clearer, and less foggy. They got closer. Their face began to take shape. Izuku could see-

"Midoriya, are you alright?" Izuku turned his head to Todoroki, who had startled him out of his trance. He looked back to the woods to find nothing there. 

"U-Uh...Y-Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I just thought I saw something."

"Well come on. We should get go-... Midoriya?"

"Yeah?"

"...Where did Yaoyorozu and Bakugou go?"

Izuku's heart rate skyrocketed. He turned around to see that they were in fact gone. "No. Nonononononono."

"Ah, young love." Izuku and Todoroki both looked up into the trees to see Mr. Compress atop the leaves and branches, looking towards the direction Uraraka and Tsu ran off in. "Two young teenagers fallen for one another. One in danger and the other desperately trying to save her. Ha! I guess you're about to be in that same situation aren't you?" Compress said looking at Midoriya.

"Wh-... What?"

"I'll tell you, I'm tempted to just take the Yaoyorozu girl and just set up a ransom for myself. She'd make quite the pretty penny. Too bad I guess." Compress held up two marbles as he spoke. Izuku's eyes widened as he realized who exactly those marbles were. "Bye Bye!"

Compress began to hop away across the treetops. Izuku immediately shot off after him.

"Midoriya wait!" Todoroki tried to call after him, but he was already gone. 

"Ochako do we even knows where we're going?"

"I-...I think so. This gas moving outward, and if it's coming from a villain then they'll be the singularity point. It's like a black hole. We just need to go where the gas is coming from."

Asui smiled under her gas mask. "It's a good thing you know space so well. Another thing, when did you start liking Kyouka?"

Ochako stopped, "W-What!? I don't-"

"Ochako…"

"... I don't know. It just happened alright! This whole liking a girl thing is new to me."

Asui put a hand on her friends arm, "Well as long as you actually act on your feelings this time then you should be fine ribbet. You don't want another Midoriya situation."

"H-How do you know about that!?"

"Well, I figured this crush out. So I should be able to know your past ones too. Best friend, remember?"

Ochako was blushing under her mask. "Yeah, right. Thanks for- GET DOWN!" 

* BANG*

Ochako tackled Tsu to the ground as a bullet soared above their heads and into one of the trees. They both rolled behind a large tree and took cover. Ochako peeked out from behind her cover to see a boy about their age wearing a school uniform, a gas mask, gloves, a backpack, and was holding a six-shot revolver.

"Really? You actually came into the gas without any sort of plan or protection? Typical U.A. students. So high and mighty."

Ochako turned to Tsu and silently hand signaled that she was going to sneak around the villain using the thick gas a cover. She slowly put her foot out from behind the tree.

* BANG*

Ochako jumped back, the bullet barely missing her toes. "Yeah, nice try. But I can feel your movement in my gas."

Ochako slowly calmed her heart rate and rested against the tree. She'd never actually fought against a villain with a gun. Most criminals rely on their quirks these days. It was odd to think that these days guns are kinda forgotten by many, but are still one of the deadliest tools on the planet.

They needed a way out of this. Mustard was definitely still somewhat cautious. He hasn't made a move to advance on them, so he must be wary of what they could do if he got too close to them. It was just like the finals. Thirteen waited for them to attack first, making them sitting ducks. So they reversed it and made Thirteen the sitting duck. 

Ochako knew they needed to do the same here. But the gas was the main problem. She could sneak around him if the gas was gone, but they couldn't get rid of that. So she needed to get rid of the second problem: the bullets. 

'Okay... it has six bullets, and he's used up two. If we can make him use them up, we can attack before he can reload. But how?'

Uraraka thought back to her fight with Bakugou. She had faked him out with her gym jacket. Maybe she could do it again. Uraraka looked to Tsu and raised her hand in a finger gun. Then she brought up six fingers, shot her finger gun twice, and then brought up two fingers, then four fingers. 

She took off her white button up, leaving her in a black tank top, and motioned as if she was going to throw it. She shot off her finger gun again, pointing to Tsu, and used her fingers to show someone running around Mustard. Then her finger shot at Tsu, and then Ochako pointed to herself, and then showed her fingers running again.

As complicated as that seemed, Asui seemed to understand. Ochako raised three fingers, and counted down from three. At three, Uraraka tossed her button up across the gap between her tree and a different one. Mustard felt the movement and saw the white.

*BANG*

Tsu took this chance to run to another tree to Mustard's side to hide behind. Mustard felt that movement and turned to shoot Tsu.

* BANG*

But it was too late, Tsu was already behind her tree. Ochako saw Mustard was looking at Tsu's direction and ran to the tree her shirt was behind and took cover once more. Mustard turned at her movements, but didn't fire, not falling for it again. He began to back away into more trees.

"Damn it. That wasn't too bad. But now I-huh?"

His foot hit something when he backed his through some bushes. He looked down to see a group of unconscious students who had fallen to his gas. "Well I guess it's my lucky day."

Mustard picked up the nearest student, and held his gun to her head. "Alright! I think this game has gone on long enough! I got one of your classmates!"

Ochako peeked out from behind her tree and gasped, her heart stopped.

He had Kyouka.

Mr. Compress had extremely underestimated Midoriya. At first, he was confident in his escapist skills and speed. What he didn't expect was for Izuku to be a ball of light that almost immediately caught up to him. The pain in his back was a clear sign of that.

Izuku had shot off the ground and kicked Compress down to the ground. He landed down on him and wrestled the marbles out of his hand. He felt relieved...until he heard an over the top gasp come from ahead of him. 

Izuku looked up to see Dabi, Twice, Toga, and Spinner all staring at him in surprise. Except Toga, who was creepily smiling at him. Compress turned his face out of the dirt. "Are any of you gonna help me!?"

Himiko immediately ran towards Izuku, knife at the ready. "HI IZUKU I'M TOGA! I'M SO HAPPY TO MEET YOU! I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU EVER SINCE I SAW YOU! YOU'D LOOK EVEN MORE HANDSOME WITH MORE BLOOD!" She slashed at Izuku, but he dashed out of the way. 

"Toga! Wait!" All eyes turned to Spinner. "Don't hurt him! That's the boy that Stain saved. He must be a true hero."

"Awww, but that makes me like him even more!"

Dabi turned to Spinner, "Are you kidding me? I know Stain's the guy who made us want to come here, but do you really have to follow his motives to the letter?"

"Of course I do! If Stain wills it, then I obey."

Izuku wanted to run during their squabble, but something was wrong. He had Momo and Bakugou in his hand, but...they didn't seem to care. No one but Toga ran after him, and it was for her own personal reasons.

Compress got up and walked over to his teammates, "It's no matter. Let the boy live. We have what we need." Izuku looked to Mr. Compress as he pulled out three marbles from his hat. "You like it? Simple slight of hand can work wonders. Bird Boy wasn't even on the list. We just thought he'd make a fine addition to our crew."

Izuku's entire world froze. He wasn't holding Momo and Bakugou. They were fakes. Compress still had them, and Tokoyami. A portal opened up behind the villains. "Sorry, but we really need to talk to your friends. I hope yo-GAH!!!"

A beam of light had hit Compress in his arm. Making him drop the marbles and release the students from their glass containers. Izuku turned to see a terrified Aoyama come out from the bushes. "Go get them Mon Ami!"

Izuku shook out of his stupor and turned to his friends. His friends were clearly still shaken from being released. The villains went down to grab them. Compress reached down to grab Momo, and Dabi reached down to Bakugou. Katsuki turned to see Dani reach for his neck, and Izuku saw something he thought he would never see again. 

It was the same look Bakugou had in his eyes when he was in the sludge monster last year. He looked Izuku directly in the eyes, and Izuku did something he wished and hoped he would never do again. He looked directly at someone who was calling out for help...and turned away.

Izuku ran to Momo instead. To most, this would seem like the obvious choice. And it was, Izuku knew he wouldn't regret it. Momo was his girlfriend, the girl he just told he loved not just half an hour ago. She's his top priority. What bothered him was that Katsuki was right in front of him, in arms reach, but he didn't save him. 

But he couldn't dwell on that now. He raced to Momo, but just as he got to her Dabi used the hand that wasn't wrapped around Bakugou's neck and blasted Izuku with his flames. Izuku fell backwards from the force of the blast. He furiously patted his arm off, and thankfully to Momo's cast the burns didn't reach skin. He got back up to get to Momo, but it was too late. 

Dabi grabbed Momo and threw her towards the portal. A hand came out of the portal and grabbed Yaoyorozu by the throat by four fingers. Shigaraki's upper body emerged from the dark swirl. "Remember me?" He said to Momo. "Perhaps this will jog your memory."

His other hand came through the portal. It was bandaged with the middle finger missing. "I think I deserve repayment for what you did. Say bye to your boyfriend." He slowly started to pull her into the portal. Dabi was doing the same with Bakugou. Izuku tried to run forward, but the hostages stopped them.

"Deku...stay back."

"Stop Izuku. It'll be okay."

Izuku's heart was pounding, he couldn't hear anymore. He could only see the lip movements of what they were saying. Just as the back half of Momo's body entered the dark swirl, he could see her mouth one more thing to him.

" I love you."

In Izuku's eyes, everything but Momo and the portal disappeared into shadows. He was shaking, was desperately thinking of anything he could do. Suddenly, the eyes came back. The wielders all surrounded the portal, just staring at him. For the first time, Izuku tried calling to them.

' Please! I'm begging you! Don't let them take them! Don't let them take Momo! Please! Please! Please! HELP ME!!!'

Then suddenly, light. 

Lights and streams of all colors exploded out of nowhere. They flew into Izuku, and he could feel his entire body gush with energy. All of the wielders disappeared except one. 

Just for a second, Izuku felt his body move on its own just like at the sludge monster. He raised his good arm and casted arm up, and reached out for Momo. He felt a power like he never felt before course through his limb.

A black mass exploded from his arms.

Ochako had no idea what to do now. Kyouka was unconscious with a gun to her head, and Mustard still had two bullets left in his gun. 

'Come on Ochako think! Think Think Think!'

She couldn't sneak around him anymore. Any sudden movements might cause him to shoot Kyouka, so behind him wasn't an option. And obviously they couldn't go from head on. Ochako thought back to how they took down Thirteen from the finals. 

'... Above. If he's seen the Sports Festival, he'll know my quirk. And from what he said earlier, he thinks low of U.A students. He's expecting us to make the obvious choice. He's expecting me to go up above. I guess I'll give him what he wants.'

Ochako looked across the clearing to see Tsu looking back at her. Uraraka picked up a rock, motioned to the sky, and then motioned Tsu and to her tongue. ' Please work.'

Uraraka used her quirk on the rock, and lightly tossed it into the air. Mustard felt something moving up, at first he assumed one of them was trying to climb a tree, but then saw something in the air. He brought his gun up only to see a rock, and then suddenly Asui's tongue wrapped around his gun. "What the-!?"

Mustard pulled and yanked against the strength, but then suddenly he felt more movement. He turned to see Uraraka charging him. 

'Come on! Just a bit closer! Save her!' Mustard yanked his arm free from Asui's tongue, and started to bring the gun to Kyouka's head. ' NO! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!'

"STOP!!!" Ochako dived forward. She felt something in her stomach churn. Her body felt an odd shift in it. She planted all five fingers on Mustard's arm…

...and he dropped to the ground.

"Nrrghh! Rrgah! Wha-! What did you do to me!? This isn't a part of your quirk!" Mustard's entire body felt like 500 pounds. He couldn't move a muscle, and his heart was working in overdrive.

Tsu ran up to Ochako, "Are you okay?'

"Y-...Yeah."

"Ochako...what did you do?"

"I-...I didn't take away his gravity…I think I increased it." Uraraka looked down at her hands in bewilderment. She had no idea what she just did. She had heard of some quirks evolving in dire situations. Did she just do that now?

"H-...Help...me." Ochako saw Mustard struggling. She realized that gravity can put a strain on the heart. 

"Release!" Mustard felt his body go back to normal, and his heart rate start to calm. 

...and then Tsu knocked him out with a swift kick to the face. 

The gas began to dissipate. Uraraka bent down, took off her mask, and held Kyouka's head in her lap. She checked her pulse to find it slow, likely from the deep sleep. Ochako breathed a sigh of relief.

...She was okay. 

Ochako picked her up bridal style. "Come on Tsu. Pick up who you can. We'll need to make multiple trips to get them all. As the girls began their trek back to camp, Ochako had one thing on her mind. 

'I hope Deku made it back okay.'

"GAAAAAAAAH!" 

Izuku's arms felt like they were on fire, especially his broken one. This is definitely NOT what he meant by help.

But it still seemed to get the job done. Izuku focused in on Momo as she disappeared into the portal. As it began to close, the black tendrils shot into the portal and grabbed what it could. Izuku yanked back and pulled two people out as the portal closed shut. 

He let go of who he had to not hurt them, but his power was still out of control. Izuku began to wrestle with his own body. Spasming and jerking around, trying to calm whatever storm he just started.

Suddenly a new weight consumed his body. Arms snaked themselves around his torso, trying to help contain the dark energy. Izuku looked down to see…

...Momo.

Momo was holding him tight, trying to calm him down. He had done it. He managed to save them. He saved her. 

Everything came back into focus. His heart slowed down at the revelation that Momo was still here. She was okay. She wasn't being tortured by Shigaraki. She was right there with him. 

The energy calmed down, and retreated back into Izuku's arms. Both teens collapsed to their knees, their arms wrapped around one another. Izuku began to cry. Partially from the lingering pain in his arms. Mostly from the fact that Momo was okay. "I-I thought they were going to take you." Izuku cried as he buried his face into her hair.

"I know. Me too. But you saved me; I'm okay." Momo lifted Izuku's head up, and kissed his lips. "I'm okay." She repeatedly said as she pecked him over and over again to keep him calm.

"Midoriya!" Izuku turned around to see Todoroki had finally found them. He scanned the area to see Momo and Izuku in an embrace, Tokoyami on the ground unconscious, and…

"Midoriya, why is he still here? And where's Bakugou?" Izuku's eyes widened and he looked up. Bakugou was nowhere to be found, but someone else was. Izuku looked to see an unconscious body on the ground. They likely hit their head during Izuku's forceful grab. Izuku hadn't grabbed Bakugou from the portal…

...He grabbed Spinner. 

They took Bakugou…

He had failed…

They lost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 1.5K 14
After Izuku ends his friendship with Bakugo over him moving in on Uraraka despite being aware of Izuku's feelings for her, he is left sad, betrayed a...
8.2K 198 17
Himiko Toga, a high school girl was walking home but then she stop at a mystery library. She borrowed a manga and as she keep on reading, she noticed...
35.9K 682 21
Class 1-A just moved into the dorms and had a competition. The idea had been suggested by Asui, known by most of her class as Tsu, to get her spirits...
5.8K 74 29
(Please read the first chapter of the book before commenting or sending Hate thank you. Also there will be ⚠️Manga spoilers in this book ⚠️) After th...