Thank You (Izuku X Momo) (On...

By MizuToriWP

The look on Yaoyorozu's face after she lost to Tokoyami was all too familiar to Midoriya. (Also on AO3 and Fa... More

Talking
Before the Fight
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
After the Fight
Against the Quicksilver
Explosive Emotions
End of the Festival
A Good Place to Start
A Surprise Offer
The Past Comes Back Swinging
An Explanation
What Even Is Izuku's Life?
The Internships Begin
Training
The Hero Killer: Stain
A Stain Wiped Clean
Coming to Terms
Prep for Finals
Finals
The Final Finale
Recovery
Dancing With Feelings
Dream Camp
The Test of Courage (and Love)
Quirk Evolution
Recovery... Again: Part One
Recovery... Again: Part Two
The Rescue: Part One
The Rescue: Part Two
The Rescue: Part Three
The Rescue: The Symbol of Peace
More Explanations
Home Alone
The Talk (Not That Kind...Well A Little Bit)
The End of the Aftermath
Brainstorming
Deleted Scenes
It's All Coming Together Now
The Exam Begins
What Is The Matter With Everyone?
Nice Day For A Swan Dive
Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)
Fix It
Change
Sir
Ghosts of the Past
Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance
Ghosts Can Cry Too
Headshot
Happy Birthday Momo
Whatever Fate Awaits
Full Power
The Raid (Part One)
The Raid (Part Two)
The Raid (Finale)
Recovery...For the Third Damn Time
Sayonara, Nana
Curveball
One Small Step
We Got This

I-Island Emotional Expo

19.4K 342 568
By MizuToriWP

"MORNING, IS HERE! MORNING IS HERE! MORNING, IS HERE!"

"Uuggh..." Izuku tried to slap the alarm clock, but felt nothing but... facial features. Izuku peeked open his eye to see All Might in his buff form crouched down next to his plane seat. "Were you... pretending to be my alarm clock?"

"Why yes I was. I thought you might want to wake up and see a bird's-eye view of I-Island before we land."

Izuku perked up at this and looked out his window to see the giant facility of I-Island in the ocean. "Wow! It's even bigger than I thought!"

"Astonishing isn't it? So many exhibits, labs, and attractions for all kinds of quirks and technology. It's like one big city as well. Full of restaurants and sites... perfect date spots..."

"I'm not ready yet."

"Well when will you be ready!?"

"I don't know!"

All Might turned back to his regular state and sat down. "Sorry. I understand confessions are a hard thing to do. You really don't have to keep your promise of doing it by the end of the summer."

"No. No I will. J-Just...not yet."

Toshinori twiddled his thumbs, "Well...I might have done a teensy little something to give you a little push."

"Oh no. What did you do?" Izuku asked with dismay.

"Welllll...you know how there's going to be a formal party?"

"Yeah."

"I may have called ahead and requested that music and a dance floor be added in." Izuku put his head in his hands and groaned. "Young Midoriya you should be excited. You get to dance with a lovely young woman."

"But I can't dance!"

"All you have to do is hold each other and sway. That's what everyone does."

"Ugh...well, I've been meaning to ask anyway. But any tips on how to get taller?" Izuku asked.

"Hm? Why do you want to know that?"

"Because if I'm going to dance with Momo, I at least want to not be staring at the nose the whole time." Izuku grumbled.

"Oh come now, she's not that much taller than you. A few centimeters won't make a difference. Besides, maybe she finds it cute having a smaller companion. Like I do with your mother."

"ALL MIGHT!"

"Hahaha! I'm just teasing you...partially. Now get dressed in your hero costume; we're about to land." Izuku lugged his way to the plane bathroom to change into his costume. Toshinori buffed up and groaned, "I'm going to have to be stuck like this for hours. At least I get to see Dave after all this time."

...

The duo walked through the airport terminal and out onto the main grounds of I-Island. Izuku was mesmerized by the sight. Thousands of people everywhere using their quirks freely to make sculptures, fireworks, tons and tons of street performances. Exhibits and tall skyscrapers were scattered across the horizon.

"Wow! It's incredible All Might! I-...uh, All Might?" Izuku looked over to his mentor to see him take a wide stance as if he were preparing for something. "Um...W-What are you doing?"

"I'm preparing for the horde of fans. We might get stuck here for a bit."

"Oh oka-"

"Oh my god is that All Might!?!?!?"

"Where!?"

"All Might!?"

"It is him!"

Toshinori turned to Izuku, "It's begun. Prepare your defenses! The swarm will consume you if you're not careful!" Izuku turned to see a gigantic mass of people coming straight towards them. Izuku raised his hands in defense.

"AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaah.... huh?" Izuku looked around to see everyone was running right past him and straight to All Might. Toshinori was signing things and taking pictures as fast as he possibly could.

"Yes! Yes! I LOVE ALL MY ADORING FANS! IF YOU COULD JUST MAKE A LINE THIS COULD BE MUCH EASIER!" He started spastically signing more and more posters and pictures, but then suddenly a group of fangirls got close.

"Can we give our hero a big kiss on the cheek?" They all started leaning up to All Might's face until they were lightly but assertively pushed away.

"NO! NO I'M AFRAID I CANNOT ALLOW THIS! FOR MY HEART BELONGS TO ANOTHER!"

"IT DOES!?!?!?" The entire crowd said in shock.

' Oh crap!' Toshinori thought. "UH YES! FOR MY HEART BELONGS TO...UM...JUSTICE!!!"

The crowd just stared at him oddly, "...PLUS ULTRA!!!"

"YEAAAAHHH!!!"

' Oh thank goodness.'

...

"Well, that took far longer than expected."Toshinori had finally signed his last poster and the fans has dispersed, leaving Izuku and All Might to themselves at the front plaza. "Phew! Now that all that is over with, we can finally head over to the main tower. We're going to meet with an old friend of mine, and I'd like for you to come with me Young Midoriya."

Toshi could tell by the immediate fanboy-ish face that Izuku made that it was a yes. "One of your friends!? Of course!"

"Wonderful! But uh, I should tell you that while he knows about my regular state, he doesn't know about One For All. Or the fact that you are my chosen successor. So let's keep that on the down-low. Capisce?"

"Oh yeah, I understa-... wait, w-when did you start saying 'capisce'?"

"You're mother is going through an Italian food phase."

"D-Do you really have to make c-constant reference to the fact that you're dating my mom?"

"Yes I do!" Toshinori said slapping Izuku's back. "Now, onward to-"

* Boing* *Boing* *Boing*

All Might and Izuku turned to the main plaza staircase to see a beautiful blonde girl bouncing towards them on an odd-looking red pogo stick.

"Uncle Might!" The girl said bouncing off of her contraption to be caught by All Might pulling her into a hug.

"Melissa!" The girl pulled back from the hug, but All Might still held her up.

"It's been so long!"

"Look at you! You're all grown up!"

"I'm seventeen now! I'm way heavier than the last time you picked me up, aren't I?"

"Are you kidding me? Not at all!" Toshinori said lifting her even higher. He finally put her down and turned back to Izuku. "Young Midoriya, this is the daughter of my friend we're meeting today."

The blonde walked up to Izuku and held out her hand to shake. "I'm Melissa Shield. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Izuku hurriedly pulled off his glove and shook her hand, "I'm Izuku Midoriya. A first year student at U.A. It's a pleasure to meet you too."

"U.A.? So that means you must be Uncle Might's student."

All Might interjected, "Yes. Young Midoriya is going to be an amazing hero one day."

"Ah, w-well I'm still in training." Izuku paused as Melissa walked up to Izuku and began to examine his costume. 'S-She's so close!'

"Hmm...padding and impact absorbing material...so a power type. Cool costume, a little unorthodox." Izuku was already squirming at the closeness of a pretty girl, but then she decided to give Izuku a heart attack. She took a hold of Izuku's hands and began to rub his scars. "It seems it can't protect you fully. It needs some updates."

Luckily All Might saved Izuku from anymore embarrassment, "Ahem, Melissa I believe we should be going to see your father now."

"OH! Yes of course! Come on let's go! Papa will be so surprised to see you!"

Izuku released the breath he had been holding. He hated how he still acted like that around pretty girls. He found it ironic that he was so comfortable around the girl he actually liked, yet every other girl still caused him anxiety when they got too close. ' Well then again , I'm uncomfortable when anybody gets too close. I guess beauty just adds on to the factor.'

Izuku caught up to All Might and Melissa and headed towards the main laboratories.

...

"Hey Papa! Good Morning Sam!"

David Shield turned around to see his daughter walk into the room. "Well well well, where did you disappear to? Last I checked you were working in your lab and the next thing I know you vanished without a trace."

"Well...Papa you've been working so hard and you've done so much, not just for me but for the world. I thought you deserved a gift, so I brought someone I think you'll be really happy to see."

"DAVE!"

David Shield looked past his daughter to see a giant American color schemed sight for sore eyes. "Toshi-...All Might!?" Toshinori rushed into the room and twirled David around. Once David was put back on the ground, he fell back out of shock. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Melissa invited me here to surprise you!" From behind All Might, Melissa chimed in.

"Are you happy Papa?"

David seemed to falter for a second, but then smiled. "O-Of course I am! It's been so long since I last saw you!" Both men stood up straight.

"Let's see, how many years has it been?"

"Oh please don't tell me. I feel old enough as it is! Haha!" The two laughed together as if they had only seen each other just yesterday.

"It really is good to see you again Dave."

"You too, All Might."

"Oh! I almost forgot!" All Might turned around to Izuku, "This is one of my best students Izuku Midoriya. I decided to bring him along for the trip since he's a big hero fanboy. Young Midoriya, this is-"

"You're David Shield! The top scientist and researcher for quirks and quirk technology! You were All Might's partner when he debuted in America!"

Dave sweatdropped and shook the boys hand. "Yep, a fanboy indeed. It's a pleasure to meet you. How do you like the island?"

"It's amazing! But I haven't seen all that much of it yet."

"What, really? Well then I'm sure Melissa would be happy to show you around. Besides, it would give these two old geezers a chance to catch up." David said referring to himself and All Might. Melissa approached Izuku.

"Yeah I'd love to. Come on, let's go." Izuku followed Melissa out the door. David turned to his assistant Sam.

"Uh, Sam? I think you should take a break too."

"Of course sir. I'll see you later." Once the door was closed behind Sam, All Might popped into a puff of steam and emerged from the cloud as his normal self, coughing profusely.

"Toshi! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. It is a little weird though to hear that nickname said by someone else now."

"What do you mean? Who else calls you that?"

All Might rubbed the back of his head. "Well...you see..."

"Wait. Toshi you-...I-...you sly dog! You actually landed someone, didn't you?"

"...maybe."

...

Izuku was astounded by the island. Everything he saw was something he thought couldn't even exist. A diving suit that could go thousands of feet below water, a helmet that can give a near 360 degree view at all times, and so much more. Melissa began to explain how all of these inventions came to fruition.

"Almost all of these inventions were made due to other inventions my Papa patented."

"Wow, you must be really proud of him."

Melissa and Izuku stopped in front of a giant hover-tank exhibit. "Yeah. It's my dream to be a scientist like him one day. I want to live up to his legacy and help the world in anyway I can."

"I feel the same way about being a hero. If I want to be a hero like All Might, then I have to get stronger and hone my skills so I can be the best hero I can be."

Melissa giggled, "You really admire Uncle Might, don't you?"

"Ah w-well, he's been my favorite hero since I was a kid," Izuku said rubbing the back of his head blushing.

"Having fun there Izuku?" Izuku whipped around to see Momo standing right behind him, giving off an...odd, look. He could see Ochako and Kyouka a few feet behind Momo, and they seemed to be finding the situation amusing for some reason.

"Momo!? Um... s-surprise! I-I heard your parents say you were coming here. S-So I thought I w-would surprise you. I see you brought Uraraka and Jirou with you. It's good to s-see you guys." Izuku tried to find a way to explain why he was here without giving away he came with All Might, but it seemed Momo didn't care. She turned to look at Melissa. 'Is Momo's eye... twitching?'

"So, who's this Izuku?" Momo asked. Melissa put out her hand and shook Momo's.

"I'm Melissa Shield, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Momo Yaoyorozu. It's an honor." The two shook hands for an uncomfortable amount of time. Melissa was starting to feel awkward and was starting to feel pain in her hand.

"You uh, have a strong grip there Yaoyorozu." Momo released her hand and took a step back.

"Quite. So, shall we go and perhaps grab a drink somewhere?"

"Oh! I know a great place. Follow me." Melissa started to walk to the doors with the group following her. Izuku walked up next to Melissa, only for Momo to shove her way in between the two, a tight, forced smile clearly evident on her face.

Izuku leaned back and whispered to Jirou and Ochako. "Why is Momo acting so weird?"

Kyouka chuckled, "Dude, you are so freaking dense. How did I lose her to you?"

"What?"

"Nothing. Just give her plenty of attention today, okay?" Izuku backed away even more confused than before. Jirou looked over to Uraraka,

"What did you see in him again?"

"Hey! He's an amazing person. And some people find a little density cute."

"Whatever you say 'Chako."

"Chako?"

"Just roll with it. I'm not gonna stop calling you that."

...

The group found a small outside cafe and all the girls sat at one table while Izuku sat at the table next to them trying to decipher what Kyouka had said.

Momo had to admit, Melissa was wonderful. She was fun, polite, kind, and approachable. Momo never thought of herself as the jealous type before, but once she saw Izuku with her, common sense shut down and envy took control. She felt ashamed of how she acted, but luckily Melissa seemed to take it in stride and acted as if it never happened.

"You really fought the Hero Killer!?" The blonde questioned.

"Well, 'fought' might be a bad choice of words. I was saved from the Hero Killer by Edgeshot." Momo said, keeping up with the original lie.

"Oh come on. With you and Deku there, I'm sure you had to have put up one heck of a fight. Especially with that sword of yours." Momo blushed slightly at the compliment. She just couldn't hate Melissa. Not that she wanted to, but even uncontrollable jealousy couldn't make Momo dislike her. Suddenly, Jirou perked up with her eyes wide. Her earphone jacks were vibrating.

"Oh no. My 'idiot senses' are tingling!"

"That's her way of saying 'Hello Kaminari'." The group turned to the voice to see Kaminari in a waiter outfit standing next to their tables.

"Kaminari? What are you doing-...oh no! Now my pervert senses are tingling too!"

Mineta slid up next to Denki, "I heard my cue. Why hello there ladies."

Jirou grumbled, "Just great, Tweedledee and Tweedle-dumbass. What are you two doing here?"

Kaminari flipped his hands up in frustration, "Can I just get one day where you publicly act like my friend!?"

"No."

"Ugh. Well we found an ad online that said the expo needed workers for the expo. The pay is really good and it's a free trip out here, so we hopped on the chance."

Mineta then chimed in, "Now I can purchase all the dirty things I want." Everyone either grimaced or scowled at Mineta. "What!? Just because I tone it down in public doesn't mean I can't be a perv on my own time. Don't judge me!"

*BOOM* " WOW! 33 SECONDS! THAT AMAZING!"

The heroes in the group shot up at the explosion out of instinct. They all ran to the source to see a giant mountain-like area with a timer and scoreboard on a large screen next to it. The crowd was cheering Kirishima down in the pit...only for him to be shoved out of the way by an Explosive Blonde.

Momo groaned, "Oh, you have to be kidding me." Melissa turned to her.

"Do you know him?"

"Unfortunately."

" Start!" Katsuki shot off from the starting platform and began blasting robots left and right.

"DIE!!!" Katsuki finished off the final bot and landed back down at the start.

"OH MY GOD! 16 SECONDS!!! FIRST PLACE!" Katsuki smirked at the announcement. He turned around to see Deku and "annoying fucking girlfriend" standing up at the railing. He growled and jumped up onto the rails.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE DEKU!?"

Izuku backed away with his hands up thinking up a quick lie, "U-Um, I just managed to w-win a contest o-online to come here! Why are you here?"

Before Bakugou could scream anymore, Kirishima intervened and slapped a hand on Bakugou's mouth. "They invited him because he technically was a winner of the Sports Festival. I'm just his plus one. But, you won too Izuku. Why didn't you get an invite?"

"Oh! Uh, m-maybe it got l-lost in the mail or something?" Izuku actually did get the invitation. But he had already agreed to go with All Might by that point. Besides, he felt that he dodged a major bullet by avoiding a plane ride with Katsuki.

"Oh well. Hey, at least you still got here man. So are you going to try this thing out?" Ejirou said, referring to the timed activity behind him. Kirishima was suddenly shoved away by Bakugou.

"It's useless! He can't beat my time. Go ahead and get your shitty results and prove it."

"I- uh..."

Momo suddenly stepped up next to him, "Oh he'll do it. And he'll beat your score too."

"Momo! I-"

Yaoyorozu leaned in and whispered into his ear, "Izuku, do you have any idea how fast you are now? Come on, do it for me, please."

That was it. That last sentence was (hopefully) going to be the bane of his existence for the rest of his life. How could he ever say no to her? Izuku walked forward and hopped down into the pit, and walked into the starting platform.

"Full Cowling: 10%!!!" During the finals, 10% actually turned out alright. It was only the 12% jump that started to cause his body to ache some.

" READY!? START!!!"

Izuku rocketed forward into the first few bots before the first second was even over. He shot up the cliffs and hills, destroying every bot in sight. He zipped right through the final robot, wires and robot parts falling behind him.

" THAT'S INSANE!!! 8 SECONDS!?!?!? WE HAVE A NEW RECORD!"

Izuku turned around and looked down at the crowd seats. Momo was looking at him with an amused and knowing smile, one that clearly was saying "I told you so". Izuku was so happy that he completely missed Bakugou stomp away from the site with Kirishima in tow. Izuku "Full Cowled" down back to his friends.

Uraraka bounced next to him. "That was amazing Deku!"

"T-Thanks Uraraka." Then, another voice spoke up behind them.

"Yeah, I'm not even going to try anymore." Izuku turned around to see Todoroki walking up to him. "I see no point in attempting to beat 8 seconds."

"Todoroki!? You're here too!?"

"Yeah. I'm here to represent my father since he couldn't make it."

Melissa walked up to the two, "Not to interrupt. It's just that, I don't know about you, but we girls actually want to look presentable for the party this evening. So I think it would be best that we go ahead and go start to get ready."

"Oh! Y-Yes of course."

The group all began to part ways to their separate rooms to prepare themselves. Izuku was about to leave, but Melissa stopped him.

"Um, actually Deku I want to show you something. Could you come with me to my lab?"

"Oh, uh s-sure."

The two began to walk away together. Momo watched the two from afar leaving. A sigh escaped her lips as she rubbed her temples. She was starting to hate jealousy. It left a terrible burning sensation in her stomach.

Jirou could see Momo's distress from the lobby window of the hotel. She still wasn't fully over Momo just yet, but she was getting better. '*sigh* Well Kyouka, if you really want to get over her, then help her be happy with someone else.'

Kyouka walked out the front door, "Yaomomo!"

Yaoyorozu turned to Kyouka. "Come inside. We're going to make you look smokin' for Midoriya. He'll be all over you tonight!"

"Kyouka! I-I-"

"Hey! Enough lying. I'm your best friend, remember? Well, at least until mop-head came in. Now we just have to prepare you for the storm that is Mina when she hears she was right about you and Midoriya."

...

"Toshi...your quirk..."

"I know. It's not as bad as it seems. I'll be fine."

David spun away from the screens to look at All Might come out of the Medical Analysis Chamber. "Toshinori this is NOT okay! Your quirk is depleting! At this rate it won't even last two more years!"

Toshinori put his pants back on, 'And even less if my suspicions about All For One are true.' He turned around and walked over to David. "Maybe. But believe me, Dave, the day I can't fight anymore won't be sad. The next generation of heroes is far greater than anyone could have ever dreamed of. The world will be just fine. Besides, I'll be less busy for Inko."

David was clearly in disagreement over this, but changed the topic. "Does she know? About you being All Might I mean."

"No, she doesn't. That woman worries enough as it is. If she knew about not only my injuries, but the fact that I'm All Might too, then she might have a heart attack."

"She's going to find out eventually."

"Oh, I know. Not only is she a mother, but a nurse as well. Her intuition has already made the conclusion that something is wrong with me. She can tell I'm hiding something from her. Heheh, but she knows I'll tell her eventually. She's okay with waiting."

David smiled, "It sounds like you found a keeper."

"You have no idea, heheh."

...

"Here we are!" Melissa flipped on the lights to her lab.

"Wow! You have a lab entirely to yourself?" Izuku said examining all of the lights and computers.

"Yep! She's all mine. Come over here." Melissa led him to a shelf in the corner of the room. She picked up a steel black box and took off the lid. Izuku watched as she pulled out a red high-tsch wristband. "Hold out your hand." Izuku did as he was told and she clipped it onto his wrist.

"Your quirk was similar to Uncle Might's, as in it enhances your body. But I could tell by your careful movements that were holding yourself back. And with those scars, I'm assuming you're quirk is so strong it damages your body. I think these will help."

' She's so analytical! She's like me.'

Melissa tapped the center of the wristband and it glowed a bright blue. The band expanded and wrapped it's way up to Izuku's elbow before fully forming back to its solid state. "Woah! W-What is this!?"

"Well I don't actually have a name for it yet. But I heard you call your quirk Full Cowl earlier. So...how about Full Gauntlet. It should be able to withstand your full power."

"Are you serious!? My full power!? I-I can't take this. You should give it to someone who really needs it."

Melissa took his arm and put it on his chest. "Yeah, I know. That person is you."

"B-But how did you even make this? Does your quirk enhance your intelligence or something?"

"Oh, no. I'm actually quirkless."

Izuku froze at that. He looked back up to Melissa. "... Quirkless?"

"Yeah. I get it from my mom. She died a long time ago, but she was quirkless too. She's... actually another reason to why I do this. I want to live up to my Papa, of course. I want to help people and strong heroes like he did with Uncle Might. But, my mom was a scientist too. Papa says she was more brilliant than he could ever hope to be. She was actually the creator of the first Quirk-Suppressant handcuffs. She helped the world too in more ways than one. Being quirkless was rough at first, but then I realized I didn't need a quirk. I could be a hero in my own way, just like my mom. So here we are! I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there."

Izuku was baffled...and yet ashamed. Here was this girl that when she found out she was quirkless, took it in stride and is creating things that could help save thousands of lives if not more. And when Izuku found out he was quirkless...

He broke down. He refused to see any other option in life other than being a hero. He made up a fantasy for himself just to escape his quirklessness. He lived pretending it was possible to be a hero just to forget about his life. He saw his quirklessness as a disease. A birth defect. He thought he was born wrong.

The day All Might told him he couldn't be a hero... was shattering. No, it was a death sentence. Being a hero was all he used to think mattered in life. He thought that without that possibility, he had no point. If All Might didn't stop him and tell him about his quirk on his way home...he wasn't sure what he would've done. Well, he knows what he probably would have done. He just didn't want to think about it.

And here was Melissa, quirkless and happy as can be. Out of all the things Izuku had seen in this island, Melissa was by far the most incredible. Saving lives and living her dream. Izuku was utterly ashamed with his past self.

"Deku." Izuku looked back up to Melissa. She put a hand on his own. "Please, take it."

"...Okay. Thank you so much."

"Great. Now let's go get ready for the party."

...

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!"

Mina had been saying that for the last 20 minutes ever since Momo walked in and said,

(20 Minutes Ago)

Jirou walked into the hotel room, pushing Momo in. "Alright girls, we need your help. We gotta make Yaomomo hot for Broccoli Boy!"

Mina shot up out of bed squealing, "AAAAAH! Does that mean...?" All eyes turned to Momo.

"...Yes. I like Izuku."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

(Present Time)

"Okay I'll stop. But I still knew it! If I had known this was gonna happen earlier, I would've made you pack a sexier dress Yaomomo."

"What's wrong with this?" Momo said, looking in the mirror at her cream dress. Jirou came up behind her.

"There's nothing wrong with it. You look great."

"Well duh she looks good. She looks great in everything. What Mina meant was that it's too conservative if we're trying to take away Midoriya's attention from Melissa. Chimed in Tooru. "Here, how about we slide the straps to the sides of your shoulders and show off" your-"

"No! We're not doing that! Kyouka, could you please just finish my make-up? I think I've suffered enough embarrassment here."

Kyouka got back in front of Momo's chair and bent down, applying more make-up. "Aaaaaand done!".

Momo looked into the mirror at herself. Her hair was done up in a much shorter and fancier ponytail, some vibrant red lipstick, a dash of eyeshadow...and that's it. "Are you sure you're done? What about blush, or-"

"Yaomomo. You're you . You don't need any of that. You don't even need any of the stuff you have on now. You could just walk downstairs in a trash bag, and we would still have to swim through Midoriya's drool just to get to the dancefloor. Now get your butt up and get downstairs. Well see you down there." Jirou said pushing Momo out the door.

Kyouka walked back inside and pick up her dress, already dreading having to wear it. She looked over to Ochako wearing her red and white dress, her expression seemed...off. Kyouka was pretty sure why.

She finished getting dressed, and her and Uraraka walked out the door. Once alone in the hallway, Kyouka turned to her. "I know. It sucks."

"Hm?"

"Trying to hook up our crushes. It sucks. But I think that's the step we needed to finally end this for good. We gotta move on."

Ochako sighed, "...I know."

"Now chin up. I'm not dancing with a sourpuss." Kyouka wrapped her arm around Ochako's neck, and the two walked to the elevators.

...

Izuku paced around the lobby outside of the main party room. What happened in the lab was still on his mind. He had a pit form in his stomach after that. He just felt so... weak. But he couldn't dwell on it tonight. He should have some fun while it lasts.

'Come on Izuku. Just push it to the side. Tonight your going to dance with beautiful gi-...g-...g-...'

Izuku watched stunned as the elevator door opened up to reveal an image that will be burned into his mind for the rest of his life.

Momo stepped out of the elevator in a cream flowing dress, her hair pinned up in a way he hoped to see more of in the future, and just the slightest amount of make-up to emphasize her perfect face.

She walked up to Izuku and blushed at the look Izuku was giving her. She got closer and pulled his handkerchief out of his breast pocket and wiped up the slight saliva going down his chin. To which he immediately realized he had and blushed even more. Momo refolded the handkerchief and put it back in his pocket.

She dragged her hand from his pocket and readjusted his bow tie, and smoothed out his blazer. Izuku started to babble.

"I-I-y-you l-look beautiful... incredible...perfect." Momo blushed, smiled, and looked down.

"And you look dashingly handsome as always Izuku."

"...As always?"

She giggled, "Yes. As always."

Momo gauged his reactions to all of this. He... actually might return her feelings. She wanted so badly to say that he did. She was confident that he did. Everything over the last few weeks has given her hope, but she usually brushed it aside. But...calling her perfect. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. So much so that she realized Uraraka, Jirou, Kaminari, Todoroki, and Mineta had all arrived and were talking, but neither of them noticed or even heard them.

'Heheheh...I guess I couldn't keep my eyes off of him either.'

But, confident wasn't 100% certain. Izuku was never good around girls. Maybe this was just his awkward way of communicating. She just couldn't do it right now. But she knew she had to say something soon. She doubted it would be tonight, but soon. It was going to kill her if she didn't.

"U-Um...Momo? W-Would you like t-to dance at some point tonight?"

"Save me for first in line."

"Sorry I'm late everyone!" All eyes turned to Melissa who came running out of the elevator in a stunning blue dress, her hair up, and her glasses were gone. Momo's heart clenched when after everything that happened in the past 5 minutes, the only thing to take Izuku's eyes off of her...was Melissa.

Momo looked down, a saddened expression on her face. She walked back over to Uraraka and Jirou, who saw her expression and looked back to Midoriya to see where his eyes were. Jirou squeezed Momo's arm in silent comfort.

Melissa walked over to Izuku, "Great suit. You look very dashing Deku."

"Oh! U-Uh t-thank you. You look great as well."

"Wow, only great. Hmph, it's because you know I'm quirkless now, isn't it?"

"What!? NONONONONO! Why w-would that have anything to do with it? I was j-jus-"

"Hahaha! I'm just kidding Deku. I saw the expression you had in the lab when I told you. I just thought I would tease you a bit."

As Izuku awkwardly tried to laugh it off, Momo's entire world was falling apart.

' ... Quirkless? She's... she's like how Izuku used to be. No...of course he's grown a liking to her. She can understand him more than anyone. He can relate to her...more than he can with me.'

She could feel her heart ache and feel like it's sinking in on itself. ' Tonight couldn't be any worse.'

*Slam*

Suddenly, metal door after metal door slammed down over the regular doors and red lights began to flash.

"Emergency Lockdown: Engaged."

' ...Damn it.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.4K 24
"It could be that it was from the moment we met. I can't exactly recall it but, you were more beautiful than anyone else, in an awkward gently way. Y...
23.8K 1K 22
โ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ'๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ .โž โ๐‘ค-๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก?โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ^^ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๏ฟฝ...
49 0 2
Fem!Reader is going through her first heat. Both Midoriya and Bakugou catch her at the start, but who will claim her first?
112K 1.5K 14
After Izuku ends his friendship with Bakugo over him moving in on Uraraka despite being aware of Izuku's feelings for her, he is left sad, betrayed a...