Thank You (Izuku X Momo) (On...

By MizuToriWP

The look on Yaoyorozu's face after she lost to Tokoyami was all too familiar to Midoriya. (Also on AO3 and Fa... More

Talking
Before the Fight
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
After the Fight
Against the Quicksilver
Explosive Emotions
End of the Festival
A Good Place to Start
A Surprise Offer
The Past Comes Back Swinging
An Explanation
What Even Is Izuku's Life?
The Internships Begin
Training
The Hero Killer: Stain
A Stain Wiped Clean
Prep for Finals
Finals
The Final Finale
Recovery
I-Island Emotional Expo
Dancing With Feelings
Dream Camp
The Test of Courage (and Love)
Quirk Evolution
Recovery... Again: Part One
Recovery... Again: Part Two
The Rescue: Part One
The Rescue: Part Two
The Rescue: Part Three
The Rescue: The Symbol of Peace
More Explanations
Home Alone
The Talk (Not That Kind...Well A Little Bit)
The End of the Aftermath
Brainstorming
Deleted Scenes
It's All Coming Together Now
The Exam Begins
What Is The Matter With Everyone?
Nice Day For A Swan Dive
Izuku Midoriya: Origin (Between the Pages)
Fix It
Change
Sir
Ghosts of the Past
Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance
Ghosts Can Cry Too
Headshot
Happy Birthday Momo
Whatever Fate Awaits
Full Power
The Raid (Part One)
The Raid (Part Two)
The Raid (Finale)
Recovery...For the Third Damn Time
Sayonara, Nana
Curveball
One Small Step
We Got This

Coming to Terms

18.1K 408 1K
By MizuToriWP

"So young man, what are your intentions with my mother?"

"I'm far older than you Young Midoriya. And how many times do I have to tell you it really was just a meeting about your progress? Nothing happened! We just acted so weird because we knew you would think we were together!"

"Then why does she call you 'Toshi'"!?

Toshinori sweatdropped, "That was her doing. I felt that the formalities could be dropped and that I liked my real name better than 'Mr. Yagi'. So I said to call me Toshinori, but...she liked the nickname better."

Izuku squinted his eyes, "So nothing happened?"

"No. So...could you please stop trying to strangle me?"

In the truck sat Toshinori Yagi and Izuku Midoriya, the latter of which being held back by the former trying to keep the teenagers hands off of his throat. Izuku slumped back down into the passenger seat and sighed.

"Sorry. So...y-you really aren't, you know... together?"

"Young Midoriya, I've only known her for a couple of weeks. No, I'm not dating your mother. And I would of course ask you about it first. If uh, I did like her that is."

"Okay. Well...that's a shame."

Toshinori spat out blood in surprise, "What!? You actually want me to date you mother!? Then why did you try to strangle me!?"

"Fear tactics. But, I guess I am okay with it. I...W-Well it would be weird. I mean, t-to have you and my mom be together. But, I do know that you make her happy. And, she thinks you're funny. And it…"

"What is it?"

"I... it's just that, it's something that little kid me could only dream about. Having you for a dad that is. My d-... Hisashi left without even saying a word. I was born, he left to America for work, and when he got the letter that I was quirkless...we never heard back. And, we've never heard from him since. Or, at least I haven't. I'm assuming Mom had to for the divorce, but I didn't even learn about that until years later."

Toshinori was doing his best to soak up every word of this and take it to heart. It wasn't often his successor shared this kind of stuff, so Toshi felt that he should take what he could for now. He waited for Izuku to continue.

"I-I never really knew him. So I guess the m-main reason I want you to be with my mom is because... y-you already filled the space of "father figure" in my life. Might as well get the full package. Oh! A-And because y-you make my mom really happy of course."

A deafening silence filled the car. Izuku shifted uncomfortably in his seat, avoiding all eye contact with All Might. "Yeah, this is weird. I-I'm so sorry. F-Forget I said anything. I-I'll just go." Midoriya put his hand on the door handle, but just as he was about to exit the truck, a bony arm wrapped around his shoulder, pulling him into a hug. Another hand was placed on his head, patting his head.

"No. Not weird at all. I've never really had a family of my own. The closest I've ever had was my master and Gran Torino. He's basically like my weird uncle," Toshinori chuckled. "But, trust me when I say this. You've definitely more than filled in my spot for family. So I'm honored to know that you feel the same. I'm also very uncomfortable because your tears are soaking through my clothes."

Toshinori looked down to see the floor of his truck begin to fill with water. "Sorry," Izuku sobbed.

"That's okay my boy. Also, quick question. Why is Young Todoroki parked next to us looking at us with binoculars?" 

Izuku shot up and whipped around to see Todoroki sitting in the passenger seat of a car parked directly next to them, looking at them through large binoculars. Why he chose to use binoculars even though he was 3 ft away, the world may never know. They made eye contact with Shoto and they saw him panic and yell at the driver, presumably his sister, and then they sped off.

"Oh boy."

(1 Minute Earlier)

"Shoto, why did you make me drive you all the way out here just so you can spy on your friend and his dad?" Fuyumi asked.

"That's not his father. All Might is."

"All Might has a kid!?"

"Well, at least I think. That's what I'm trying to prove. I don't know who the skeleton is, but he can't be Midoriya's dad. He looks nothing like him."

"Neither does All Might."

"Shush," Shoto said. Fuyumi gavea look of disbelief.

"Do you seriously not have anything better to do with your time?"

"Yes. Okay, now they're hugging. They're talking. They're looking right at me. Okay now ther- CRAP! DRIVE! DRIVE! DRIVE!"

Fuyumi ignited the engine and sped off into the night.

(First Week Back To School)

"NO FAIR! You guys had all the fun!"

Yaoyorozu sheepishly smiled towards her pink friend. "I wouldn't exactly call fighting for your life against a serial killer 'fun' Mina."

All of the girls were surrounding Momo's desk, sending question after question her way. Hagakure was the next to speak.

"Yeah but still, you guys went up against THE Hero Killer! That's at absolute least a conversation piece."

"A conversation about how we lost and Edgeshot had to save us. I don't think I'm missing much." Yaoyorozu hated lying like this, but it was the only way.

She turned to see the boys hammering Izuku, Iida, and Todoroki about it as well. When Izuku walked into class today she saw him and Todoroki awkwardly stare at one another. Both unmoving and unblinking until Izuku sat at his desk. She would have to ask about that later. 

For now though, she would have to ponder Bakugou's hair as he walked into the room. Kirishima and Sero both taking immediate notice.

"PFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WHAT'S UP WITH YOUR HAIR MAN!?!?!?!?!?"

Bakugou stood shaking and seething with rage, "Shut. The fuck. Up. I can't. Fix it."

Sero could hardly speak through his laughter, "You look like a K-Pop star!"

"RRRAAAAAAH! SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH OFFICE SUPPLIES!!!"

* BOMB* Bakugou's hair popped back to normal.

"There it goes! Hahahahahaha!"

As the two were about to be burnt to a crisp, Bakugou made eye contact with Izuku. He walked his way over to his desk and loomed over him. Momo wanted to intervene but she knew how that would look. It would show Bakugou she knew something, breaking the promise she made to Izuku. She had to trust in Izuku to handle this on his own.

Bakugou had been avoiding Deku for a while. Katsuki didn't want to see his "dumb fucking face". That nerd had almost bested him in a fight. Him. Katsuki Bakugou. Katsuki's entire world flipped after that. He couldn't chalk it up to being some fluke or some dumb plan the weakling made like during their first her excercise. This was a no holds barred, no gear, no partner, all out fight against one another…. And Bakugou almost lost.

Katsuki ignored Izuku because he was trying to turn him back into the 'pebble'. The thing he didn't have to even acknowledge existed if he didn't want to. If he didn't exist it wouldn't matter.  The bug he could crush at anytime. But the damn nerd didn't make it easy. He was always doing shit to stand out now. Katsuki just wanted Deku to go back to curling up in his desk and not speaking.

And now the Hero Killer business finally put some ease to Katsuki's mind. 

' That idiot had three other extras to help him and he still got his ass kicked and had to get saved. To think I would ever start to worry about God-damn Deku. Maybe he actually hasn't changed.'

Bakugou finally felt like himself again. He saw Deku in his desk and thought it best to remind himself of where he stood.

"So Nerd, you fought the Hero Killer and got your ass kicked. Why am I not surprised? You won the Sports Festival but can't even handle some lowlife."

"S-Stain was seriously skilled Ka-...Bakugou. He's killed dozens of people. I don't think that warrants being just a 'lowlife'."

"Tch, whatever. If I was there I-...wait. The fuck did you just call me?" 

He could see Deku start to squirm in his seat at this. ' Bakugou? He's never called me by my surname. What the hell is he doing?'

Hey Deku, answer me! Why did you-"

"I AM HERE, ACCIDENTALLY BREAKING THE DOOR!"

All eyes turned to see All Might with the handle to the door in his hand, disconnected from its home. "Um...if anyone asks, Mineta did it."

"What!? Why me!? That's not very truth and justice like!"

"Well Young Mineta, when it comes to you, I and literally everyone else doesn't care. Especially the fan base! You'll be billed by the end of the week."

"But I-"

"Anyway, young heroes, today it's time for another Heroics lesson. Onward to Field Gamma!"

...

(Field Gamma)

"Now you might be wondering what we're doing today. Well wonder no more! Today we are doing some good old fashioned racing. Or more appropriately, racing to save the day! Every hero must know how to get to the scene of a crime in a quick and timely manner. No matter if they have a speed quirk or not. Five students will be randomly picked to race against each other to get to the citizen in trouble. Which will be yours truly! I tried to get a dress and a baby carriage to look the part for the 'cliche damsel in distress'. But the dry cleaners was clothes."

The class snickered at his joke.

"What? Did I say something funny?"

Or... actual statement. 

"Anyway, the person to finish first gets this 'Thank You Hero' sash! Let's see who's up first!"

Hanta Sero

Mina Ashido

Izuku Midoriya

Tenya Iida

Mashirao Ojiro 

Toshinori looked awkwardly as the number four spot. "Ah, well I think it would be best if you sat this one out Young Iida. 

"Actually sir, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to try. I'm wearing my brace, it's been iced, and it would be a good to stretch it out a bit. My legs are getting terribly stiff sitting all day."

"Hmm... I'll allow it. But, if you feel any pain throughout the race you must stop and not continue any further. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

"Alright then. Head to your starting positions racers!"

All five students were at their starting points, stretching and preparing for the start. The rest of the class was back on the original platform, making bets on who they think will win. 

"It's gonna be Sero," said Kirishima.

"Nah man, Ojiro propels himself with his tail, and it's strong as hell. He's got this." Kaminari chimed in.

"Mina's got great reflexes! She's totally gonna win. I'll bet you 1,000 yen on it." Mineta spoke out, actually giving a legit compliment instead of a pervy remark.

"Oh you're on!" both of the other boys said simultaneously.

Soon the most of class got into it. Making a little betting pool that soon built up to only 6,000 yen due to some of the class not betting. Each person that did place a bet (Mineta, Kaminari, Kirishima, Hagakure, Sato, and Asui. Bakugou placed a bet but it was considered invalid since all he said was "Deku's gonna fucking lose") put in 1,000 yen each. Each racer got at least one bet for them, except a certain green headed boy. That is, until someone else chimed in.

"I'll bet double or nothing on Izuku." All eyes widened and turned to look at Yaoyorozu in shock. "While I'm not usually one who usually condones gambling, this is too good to pass up," she said, smirking.

Kaminari laughed, "I thought you were supposed to be the smartest in class. Midoriya's a great guy, but he breaks his bones just by using his power."

Kirishima also spoke up, "Even with his new moves from the Sports Festival, he's still pretty slow compared to the rest of them."

Momo just smiled. "So I take it you'll accept the bet."

"You're so on! I'm gonna be rich!" Kaminari gloated, already thinking of the things he could buy. All Might got on his megaphone to begin the race. Jirou and Uraraka had a sudden realization and both turned to Yaoyorozu at the same time.

"Did you just call him Izuk-"

"Begin!"

The class watched as Sero shot to the sky, Mina slid across pipes with acid, Iida raced through the streets, and Ojiro bounce his way across rooftops. Sero immediately took first place, much to Kirishima's glee. He turned to Yaoyorozu. "Looks like your boy is nowhere to be found Yaoyorozu. It's a good thing you're rich or else this would put a hefty dent in your pocket."

"I'd look again Kirishima," Momo said confidentiality.

He and all other eyes looked back to the screen to see a giant light arc spark up into the air from the center of the city. Afterwards a green streak of light zipped over and through pipes with ease, passing all of the competition with ease. And within the next few seconds was already over halfway to the finish point. 

"What the hell! Is that…"

The camera couldn't even focus in on the streak. It was moving too fast. Before anyone knew it, the green light skid to a stop in front of All Might, revealing Izuku Midoriya to his class.

"We have a winner!"

All jaws of Class 1-A dropped besides the four who fought Stain with Midoriya and already knew about his new speed. Momo walked over to Kirishima and lifted his jaw back up to close his mouth. "I withdraw my bet by the way."

The rest of the participants finally made it to the platform, all minus Iida were flabbergasted. Ashido zipped over to Midoriya, grabbing onto his collar.

"What the heck was that Midoriya!?"

Midoriya began to blush at the closeness of Ashido and began to stutter and sputter. To which then cause Momo to then feel an uncomfortable irk in her stomach, but she pushed it down. 

Jirou saw the sudden appearance and disappearance of Yaoyorozu's discomfort. She wondered what it was about, but then followed Momo's line of sight to see Mina shaking around a blushing Midoriya. 

'So Yaoyorozu is uncomfortable at Midoriya being close to another girl, and she calls him by his first name... wonderful. Just fucking wonderful.'

Jirou wanted to look at literally anything BUT that. So she moved her eyes away from the scene to see Uraraka giving off the same look that she herself was...and somehow Yaoyorozu's face all at the same time. 

' Sorry Ochako...I feel your pain.'

Bakugou was boiling mad. What else is new? 

' While I was wasting my time with that fucking moron Jean boy, Deku was just getting better. Again and again and again, this shit keeps happening.'

Katsuki would once again take a sudden disinterest in Izuku Midoriya.

Midoriya walked to All Might and accepted the sash. "Well done Young Midoriya! Now who's up next?"

Midoriya looked down at his sash and smiled, ' Thanks Gran Torino.'

Psst. Young Midoriya." Izuku looked up to see All Might trying to whisper to him. " That was astounding. I couldn't even recognize you. Meet me in the teacher's lounge after class." With that, he walked away to start the next round of races.

(One hour later: Girl's Locker Room)

Momo has just taken off her belt when-

"Holy crap Yaomomo! Where did ya get THAT thing!?"

Momo turned to see Hagakure's floating glove point towards her locker and realized she was referring to "Fushigiri". "Oh, that's the sword Edgeshot gave me after our internship. I kept it above my locker because I figured they wouldn't do combat exercises on the first day back."

"Oh! Edgeshot gave it to you? I figured it would be your new boy toy Iz-u-ku." Momo blushed a bit. "Don't you go around thinking I didn't hear that Yaomomo. First name basis huh? Is there something you're not telling us?"

"N-Nope. Just two good friends using each other's first names."

"Each other's? So Midoriya also calls you Momo?" Mina added in smirking. 

"Everyone shut up for a second." All turned to Kyouka at her words. "Do you hear that?" Everyone began to get quiet as Jirou began looking around the room for the source of the noise until she found a hold in the wall.

All the girls walked over to it, "Do you think this is Mineta's doing ribbet?"

Jirou jacked one of her ear jacks into the wall and the other into her phone, "Let's find out." Using a trick she picked up on her internship, she send the noise she was hearing through one Jack and into the other, conversation of the boys coming out from her phone.

(Same Time: Boys Locker Room)

"Yo guys, check this out!" The grape-head said. 

"I would like to present to you the pinnacle of out U.A high predecessors. The perves before us have passed down a gift.  A perfect hole into the girls locker room!"

Izuku's brain all of a sudden betrayed him with the image of Momo changin- ' No!'

Mineta continued, "Whoever wants a peek you can join but I get first look!" Mineta began rubbing his hands together and walked over to the hole. "Oh man, I can't wait to see Tooru's floating underwear, Uraraka's ura-riffic curves, all of Mina's firm lower half, Asui's surprising assets,  Yaoyorozu's perfect bo-"

"Stop." Mineta turned back around to see Midoriya glaring at him. Izuku has only just realized something. He had never actually tried to stop Mineta. He had perved and harassed all of the girls in class, and while Izuku hated it, he had never actually stopped it. Or hell, even said anything about it. But today, something just snapped. He hated the idea of Mineta looking at Yaoyorozu that way. Or anyone of the girls that way for that matter. Especially without their consent.

"I-I...I said stop! M-Momo's had quite enough of your constant harassment. All the girls have! A-And I definitely have. S-So... stop! Right now!"

All the other guys in the locker looked a little confused. Except for Iida and Todoroki who were in total agreement. The others just kind of chalked it up to be "good ol Mineta's antics" again. But it seemed Izuku didn't see it that way, at least not anymore. Mineta squinted his eyes and turned around.

"Oh! So you call her 'Momo' now! I see Midoriya! You just want Yaoyorozu all for yourself!"

"What!? No I-"

"Don't worry man. I get it. I would to if I got that. But, just because you already got to plow her soil doesn't mean we other poor and humble farmers shouldn't have a chance! Have some pity! Don't hog it all to yourself!"

All eyes widened and eyebrows rose except for Izuku's whose brow furrowed. "Wow. I now know how Kacchan feels."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I now know what it feels like to want to kill somebody."

"W-...What?"

"Come here."

(Girls Locker Room)

All the girls heard next was screaming, banging, shouting, and possible explosions from the boys, and likely sobbing from Mineta. Suddenly all became quiet, and the next thing the girls knew Shoto's ice filled the whole in the wall.

Kyouka took out her jack and turned back to the other girls. "Um...so Mineta's dead."

Mina turned to Yaoyorozu, "Yeah, sure. He's totally not your boyfriend. Whatever you say girl."

While Momo was a little terrified at what had just happened, she was also extremely flattered and happy. Izuku was the first person besides the other girls to actually stand up against Mineta. Iida always reprimanded him, but that's it. Izuku actually...did something. While she highly doubts he's dead, whatever happened she knows Mineta deserved. 

They didn't find Mineta for 3 days.

(2 hours later: Teacher's lounge)

"Hey All Might."

"Ah, Young Midoriya. Please take a se-..." Toshinori looked over to see Midoriya's hands covered in, hopefully not, blood. "Um...should I ask?"

"Probably not."

"Yeah I'm going to anyway. What the heck!?"

Izuku sat down with a first aid kit that was on the wall and began wrapping his hands up. "It's my own blood, not anyone else's, so don't worry. I hit a locker and scraped my hand across the ridges."

"Why exactly did you punch a locker?"

Izuku rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I-I...I tried t-to hit Mineta."

"I would ask why, but I get the feeling it has something to do with a remark made towards Young Yaoyorozu."

"...That. And he was gonna try to peek into their locker room."

Toshinori pulled out his phone and sent off a text. "Nezu should be speaking to him soon."

"Good luck finding him. I said I tried to hit him. I never said I failed at doing other things."

Toshi sighed and slumped down into his chair. "I'm gonna ask again Young Midoriya. What are your feelings towards Yaoyorozu?"

Midoriya thought for a second, really thought. He thought about her smile, her absolute stunning and flawless beauty inside and out. Her love for books. Her lack of confidence just like him. The way he watches it slowly build up. Her elegance. How much she inspires him. How much he feels like he can trust her. Her loyalty.  Her cute little quirks like when she twirls her bang or moves her tongue around when she's thinking hard. Her skills. Her giddiness when it comes to learning and helping and more. Her compassion for others. Her compassion for him. Her warm hugs. The comfort she brings to him. How somehow every color is brighter wherever she is. The way she makes all of the bad days in his life not matter anymore as long as she's there. 

Reason after reason after reason, just kept flooding his mind. He couldn't stop it. It was endless. He looked back up to All Might, who clearly already knew the answer.

"I...I like her. I like her so... so much. I like her so much it hurts. I haven't stopped thinking about her since the Sports Festival. While training. While fighting Stain. She's always there."

"I know. So what're you gonna do about it."

"... nothing."

All Might face palmed. "Really!? REALLY!? BOOOOO! BOOOOOO!"

"Why are you booing at me!?"

"Because you're being stupid! Why would you do nothing!?"

"I-...I-I just can't okay! I just can't! I mean look at me! I'm me! Izuku 'Plain as can be, never give a passing glance' Midoriya! Even if for some unholy reason she did like me-'

"She does."

"IF! If she does, I still have a target on my back. I'm... I-I'm too dangerous." Izuku slumped down into the seat, covering his face with his hands. 

"Who gives a damn about All For One!" Izuku looked back up to Toshinori. "I let him control my life for too long. I refuse to let him control yours."

"But you said-"

"I know what I said. Nevermind that."

All Might got up and kneeled in front of Izuku, grasping his shoulders, "You are an amazing kid. You are a teenager. You're allowed to love, even if you don't understand it yet. If we live in fear of what he could do, then we're letting him win. You have a life to live, and I have a strong feeling it's with that beautiful young woman. End of the summer."

"W-What?"

"You have until the end of this summer to tell her how you feel. That way you can focus on finals now. If you don't, I'm gonna start intervening."

Midoriya looked away for a second and mulled over everything All Might said. "...okay. Okay...End of the summer. I'll do it by then. I-I...I promise." Izuku got up and wiped his eyes, and went to the door.  He suddenly turned around and hugged All Might. "Thank you."

And then, he left. 

Toshinori rubbed his temples, "Kid you're gonna turn me gray." Yagi thought about what he had said to Midoriya. About how he shouldn't live in fear of All For One anymore. Maybe...maybe it was time to take his own advice. He pulled out his cell phone, dialed the number, and leaned against the window.

He looked out to see Yaoyorozu and Izuku leaving the school grounds together as his phone rang. 

* Click* "Hello?"

Afternoon Inko, it's Toshi. I uh... Do...do you wanna go out sometime?"

"F-...For a meeting about Izuku?"

No. Like a date. A real date. A romantic date."

"...I-...I would very much like that. I-Is Saturday okay?"

"Perfect. I'll... I will see you then. I'll pick you up at seven."

"O-Okay. G-Goodbye."

*Click*

Toshinori slowed his breathing, "What has this family done to you, Toshinori?"

A/N: Izuku has finally accepted his fate. Now let's see how long it takes Momo. And yeah I'm also a Mineta hater. Well, sort of. I think he can be funny at times, but sometimes annoying. The finals arc is next!
Then the Movie, and then the Training camp and HO BOY!!! I GOT PLANS FOR THAT! The movie will probably only last two chapters. 3 at the absolute most. I'll see you guys then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 1.5K 14
After Izuku ends his friendship with Bakugo over him moving in on Uraraka despite being aware of Izuku's feelings for her, he is left sad, betrayed a...
1M 36.1K 47
(l/n) (y/n), a very hostile girl whom despised everyone and everyone despised her. izuku midoriya, a very sweet boy who was popular with his classmat...
160K 2.2K 27
It's been a week since the Overhaul incident nobody except a certain ponytail girl noticed how strange her classmate izuku midoriya is acting,after a...
406K 23.6K 28
❝ what are you writing? ❞ 📜✧.*ೃ༄ ✦ ✏ determined izuku midoriya tutors a timid (l/n) (y/n) as she writes down reasons as to why she likes him. ✏ m...