Soulmates | S.M.

By burritosandnachos

~Alana Sinclair finally has the opportunity to go see her favorite artist, Shawn Mendes, live in concert for... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
~Q&A~
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60 (final)

47

1.9K 46 15
By burritosandnachos

Alana's POV

I felt sloppy kisses being placed on my cheeks, forehead, then down my neck. "Morning, love bug" I groaned, as I was still half awake, and slowly began to open my eyes.

"Morning, Mrs. Mendes" He smiled into my neck.

"You're never going to get tired of saying that, aren't you?"

"Nope" He stated, matter of factly. "Last night was a dream. We actually got married!" He exclaimed.

I sat up, bringing the blanket over my chest. "It truly was a dream" I brought my hand to his jaw and admired him. He leaned in to kiss me before I stopped him.

"I have morning breath"

"No you don't. You're just paranoid. And I'm your husband now so it shouldn't even matter in the first place" He resumed what he started earlier and leaned in to kiss me.

"How does your breath still smell minty?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "So no morning breath?"

He shook his head. "None. And I think you never had morning breath in the first place. So all those times I tried to kiss you but you rolled away. What a waste"

I scrunched my nose at him and stood up from the bed, the white sheets wrapped around me, as I went into the bathroom to get ready for our trip to the airport.

——————————-

I opened the bathroom door, turned off the light, and saw that Shawn was leaning against the raised suitcase handle, waiting for me outside the bathroom door.

"I thought you were never going to get out of there. What took you so long? We're only going to the airport"

"My hair" I fluffed my freshly curled hair. "Was all tangled up like a rat's nest. It needed tender, love, and care"

"It's an 18 hour flight, honey" He made a crazy face at me. "No one's going to see your hair"

"I'm going to see my hair" I protested.

Shawn just shook his head and chuckled, rolling our luggage out of the hotel room.

————————————

An 18 hour flight later, Shawn and I made it to the Philippines for our honeymoon. We were in Boracay, a small island in the Central Philippines. The water was a beautiful aqua color and the sand was the cleanest color of white sand I've ever seen.

We walked into our private villa that we were going to rent for the week that we're here. It reminded me a lot like the one in Hawaii with an open floor plan and how the beach was just outside. There were large windows surrounding the entirety of the villa, allowing beautiful lighting into the space. The way the house was decorated was very modern with a black and white color scheme throughout. Very minimalistic feeling.

Shawn and I went into the spacious master bedroom with a king sized bed in the middle, covered with white sheets. Windows were also surrounding the walls inside the bedroom and you can see the blue ocean. I fell onto the bed, stomach down, and inhaled the smell of the freshly washed sheets. I felt physically exhausted but I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to sleep due to the jet lag.

Shawn put our shared luggage on the bed next to me and zipped it open. "Up for a swim?" He asked, eyebrows raised, holding up his black swim trunks.

"Sure" I got up from the bed and went over next to him to grab my swimsuit. A black two-piece to match his black swim trunks.

I walked into the bathroom to change and walked back out. Shawn was already in his swimsuit and he let out a low whistle. "Wow. You never fail to amaze me, Sinclair"

I shook my head and gave him a disappointed frown. "You never fail to amaze me, Mendes. I think you forget that I rightfully earned my place as a Mendes too" I walked over to him and sat on his lap, facing him. I placed my hands on his bare chest and slid them up to his jaw, which I traced with my fingertips. Shawn tensed up and I could feel his breathing quicken. I brought my mouth close to his, our lips barely touching.

I then quickly got off of him and slapped his thighs with my hands. "Let's go to the ocean" I grabbed the bottle of sunscreen from our suitcase and walked out of the room.

"Ugh" He whined, getting up from the bed. "You still continue to be the biggest tease I know"

I smiled to myself as I went into the living area and opened the sliding glass door that led to the beach. Shawn followed behind me and we both went to the shaded area that was already set up for us. A huge umbrella towered above two beach chairs with towels placed on top of them.

I laid on a beach chair and let the soft hot breeze go through me as I looked out at the blue ocean. I turned my head to look at Shawn and he was putting sunscreen on his arms. He finished and looked up at me. "Help me with my back?" He handed me the bottle of sunscreen.

Shawn scooted down the beach chair and I sat with my legs tucked under me behind him. I put some sunscreen onto his hand and massaged it onto his back.

I poked at a dark spot on his back. "You have a birthmark on your back?"

He turned around to look at me. "'Mhm. All my life"

I turned around on the chair so he can see my back and lifted the back of my bikini bra so he could see the entirety of my back. "I have one too" I pushed it back down and turned back around.

"We have matching birthmarks?" Shawn chuckled.

"I guess we do? What are the chances, huh?" I put on some sunscreen and then Shawn and I went out into the ocean. Unlike the oceans in California, the waters were calm and they softly went up the tide. We walked into the water and it was surprisingly warm.

Shawn and I walked hand in hand as we went deeper in. We stopped when Shawn was waist deep and the water reached a little above my stomach.

"Did you know" Shawn spoke. "If you have a birthmark in the same place as someone, they're more likely to be your soulmate?"

I squeezed his hands and looked up at him since he was taller than me. "Oh really? Who said that?"

"Me of course. Who else?"

I scrunched my nose at him and shook my head. We continued to go further into the ocean to the point where the water reached my shoulders and Shawn's chest.

"I'm going to drown here"

"You aren't going to drown. Here" He pulled me towards him and lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist.

"Thank you" I smiled, rested my forehead on his, and closed my eyes, taking everything in. I opened them again and his honey eyes were staring back at me, his lips curled.

"Don't kill me" He whispered under his breath.

"Hmm?" I asked in confusion when he suddenly tickled my stomach and this caused me to let go of him and fall into the warm water.

I swam back up and glared at him. "What'd you do that for?!"

"I just proved that you weren't going to drown" He was laughing.

"You're funny" I nodded my head. "Come here" I motioned my hands. I placed my arms around his neck and kissed him as if there was no tomorrow. My hands slid down to his shoulders where I gave him a little push that caught him off guard and caused him to fall into the water.

He got back up and raised his eyebrows at me. "I deserved that. Truce?" He put his hand out in front of my to shake.

I shook it. "Truce" He pulled me to him and I hugged his torso, looking out into the ocean. The sun was starting to set, encapsulating the whole beach with an orange glow.

"It's so pretty here. I can't believe I've never been here before"

Shawn looked down at me. "You've never been to your family's homeland?"

I shook my head. "We were supposed to go during the summer after I graduated from high school but my mom never got the time off of work. Elena's been here though. This was where she met Josh"

"Interesting. I've been only a couple times before. It's always beautiful here"

We stayed in the water for a couple more minutes as the sun went down and the moon started to wake up. Shawn and I went back inside to get cleaned up and then went to a local restaurant for dinner.

We sat in a booth by the window and looked at the laminated menus. "Oh my gosh I'm so excited to try authentic Filipino food"

"Do they make adobo here?! Like the one your mom makes with the chicken and the sauce?" Shawn hurriedly looked through the menu. "They have it!" He said excitedly.

"We're also getting the sinigang. It's this sour soup type of thing and you can have it with fish, chicken, shrimp, pork. I usually like it with beef"

Our waitress came over to us and we ordered our food. She had a thick Filipino accent but her English was very good. "I'm sorry to bother you but are you Shawn Mendes?" She looked over at me and her eyes widened. "Alana?!"

We both smiled at her and she asked for a photo so we took one with her. "Aren't you Filipino?" She asked me.

I nodded my head. "75 percent. My dad is half European. But basically, yeah"

"Naiintindihan mo ba ang Tagalog? (Do you understand Tagalog?)"

"I do! I just don't know how to speak it"

"Wow. That's so cool!" She went back to English. "I'm going to go place your orders and bring your food back here"

We thanked her and she went to the kitchen to place the orders. From the kitchen though, you can hear her speak excitedly. "NANAY! Nandito si Shawn Mendes at ang kanyang asawa! (MOM! Shawn Mendes and his wife are here)"

Shawn looked at me, his eyes wide. "What'd she say?"

"She's yelling to her mom that Shawn Mendes and his wife are here" I chuckled.

"I'd be excited that you're here too" He booped my nose with his pointer finger.

————————-

Shawn and I were now back at the villa, all ready for bed. I was wearing the classic YOUTH hoodie and he was wearing his Harvard hoodie with plaid pajama pants. We laid on the bed, cuddled into each other.

"How's the first day of marriage?" He asked.

"Perfect" I responded. "How's your first day of marriage?"

"Mmm. It could be better" He sarcastically replied.

My head was nestled into Shawn's neck and I gave it a small nibble.

"I'm JOKING" Shawn defended himself.

I giggled. "I knew you were, smartie" I placed a kiss on the spot where I bit him.

"Thank you" He smiled. "Tour's starting in two weeks. You're coming with me right?"

"Of course! Except-"

"Except what?"

I pulled away from the crook of Shawn's neck and looked at him. "Isabella's in California right now and mom and Elena want me to go there for about a week or two. They want me to come with them to LA to show them around. Is that okay?"

"Of course it's okay. I'm going to miss you a lot
though"

"And I'm going to miss you" I kissed his nose and settled back into his neck.

Shawn grabbed my left hand with his right and fiddled with my rings. He placed my hand on his stomach and put his hand on top of mine. We stayed like this for a little while.

He kissed the top of my head. "Don't leave me, okay?"

"Huh?" I sat up, placing my right hand on the bed to support my weight. "What are you talking about?"

Shawn sat up. "You're the only girl who hasn't left me and I guess I'm just scared that you will too"

"Well, guess what? You have nothing to worry about. I'm connected to you forever. We have papers that say so"

"You always have to make serious talks funny" He smiled and shook his head.

"Heyyy. It's a defense mechanism. I always have the need to make things lighthearted. And I'm serious when I say that you've stole my heart. I'd ask for it back but that's too much work so please take care of it"

"Always" He held my left hand and pulled me to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged him from his torso, my chin rested on his right shoulder.

"I'll never let you go, Mendes. You have nothing to worry about"

"Thank you, honey. I love you"

"I love you more" I pulled away from his shoulder and kissed his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2K 142
Started: November 2018 Finished: June 16 2019 Anna's POV "Ugh why is life so complicated" I said on the phone to my best friend Mara. Today has be...
164K 1.5K 80
If there is Smut or Fluff I will put a warning at the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy!
102K 3.7K 62
now you are mine. - a shawn mendes and camila cabello fanfiction
15.2K 678 20
"I love it when you call me seƱorita." A love story between two people that know they aren't good for each other, but proceed to do so anyways. Cami...