Fated To Love You (ON HIATUS)

By scarlettrosie

A story about a primary school teacher named Park Chaeyoung who is fated to meet a good-looking divorced man... More

Prologue - Characters
Chapter 1 - First meeting
Chapter 2 - Treat
Chapter 3 - Captivated
Chapter 4 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 1)
Chapter 5 - Strawberry cheesecake (Part 2)
Chapter 6 - Friend?
Chapter 7 - Pasta
Chapter 8 - Ed Sheeran
Chapter 9 - Fate
Chapter 10 - Lunch
Chapter 11 - Hospital
Chapter 12 - His parents
Chapter 13 - Movie
Chapter 14 - Jennie
Chapter 15 - Dinner party
Chapter 16 - Dance
Chapter 17 - Date
Chapter 18 - Archery
Chapter 19 - School trip
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Chapter 21 - Barbeque
Chapter 22 - Confront
Chapter 23 - Comeback
Chapter 24 - Scared
Chapter 26 - Proposal
Chapter 27 - Her wish
Chapter 28 - Rage
Chapter 29 - I'm sorry
Chapter 30 - Trust

Chapter 25 - Birthday

1.9K 111 21
By scarlettrosie

**Play the song at the end of the chapter**

The event went well and Chaeyoung was delighted to see Jisoo's dream finally came true. She owned her own restaurant with her boyfriend and most importantly she has someone whom she loved dearly by her side. Her thought suddenly went towards the man who managed to stir up her emotions lately and she wondered if he has been healthy by now.

"I'll be going to the back, okay?" Chaeyoung excused herself to the back as she needed air and seeing how her friends were preoccupied with conversations in which failed to catch her interest. It urged her to have her own space. Chaeyoung went to the back of the restaurant which made a smile decorated her face. The flowers at the back were indeed a good distraction as she was set apart from indulging in her own thought to admire how beautiful those sunflowers were.

She might heard wrongly as there were louder voices reverberated from the restaurant as if someone important had arrived at the scene but she shrugged it off. Having no intention of going back inside as she inhaled the fresh scent of air wafting in her surroundings.

"Pretty isn't it?" A low voice greeted her and she spun her body almost immediately to see Jungkook standing behind her closely. He was staring at those sunflowers she was admiring just now with a small smile on his perfectly sculptured face.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?"

"I think I should be the one to ask the question," he let out a chuckle before he continued, "Jin-hyung invited me to this event. I mean this is one of his important days after all," he said while observing Chaeyoung's expression. How he missed the face in front of him right now.

"You know, we're friends since university, including those who he invited just now. The group of guys with JImin-hyung?" Jungkook finished off his words before he asked her questions.

"How about you, Chae? What are you doing here?"

"Ohh, that. Jisoo-unnie is one of my best friends so we came here to congratulate her," Chaeyoung answered his question with a proud smile.

"Really? She's Jin-hyung girlfriend too apart from that. How small this world is," Jungkook grinned amusingly.

"Yeah this world is surely small," Chaeyoung agreed with a subtle smile. "By the way, how's your fever? Is it gone?"

"I'm perfectly fine right now. Thanks to you," he smiled while staring down at her. "I've been missing you," Jungkook suddenly confessed with that stare that made her heart flipped uncontrollably inside her rib cage and she was afraid it would jumped out at any moment.

She's been missing him too.

But those words were left unspoken and she only could stare back into his enticing brown orbs, hoping he would understand her feelings. Jungkook has been very vocal since the beginning and she seemed to be already accustomed to his presence around her. Truthfully she was afraid to let herself fell deeper because a certain someone seemed to fight for her way to win over him and what if she managed to do that?

"Chaeyoung? Are you alright? You seemed troubled," Jungkook cupped her small face into both of his warm hands and she let herself found comfort in his warmness. His face shown nothing apart from worries and cared and she was feeling guilty to let the man in front of her frowned with those emotions.

"I'm okay. It just there are a lot of things wandered inside my head right now," she caressed his hand that was firmly placed at her face, ensuring him with her smile.

"Are you sure? You could tell me anything," he stayed in that position and Chayeoung bit her lower lips in advance.

"I'm sure and don't worry, I'll be fine," she gazed into his eyes and her heart fluttered. The close proximity was making her body tingled in heat and jittery. She was sure her face was a blushing mess in the moment.

"Okay if you said like that. You're blushing," Jungkook smirked and commented teasingly at her which made her slightly bowed to hide her flushing face.

"I'm not," she pouted and how Jungkook wished to kiss the pouting lips.

"It's fine, you look pretty anyways," his body vibrated from his own laugh and she could not contain her own smile.

"I'm sorry to disturb your sweet moments but Jin was calling for you guys since forever. He wants you to witness the moment Jisoo and him cut the cake. Officiate the opening he said," both of them faced the intruder and Chaeyoung noticed the teasing grin on Lisa's face. "Jungkook, right? I'm Lisa, Chaeyoung's friend and currently her housemate. Nice to meet you. She told me a lot about you," Lisa smugly smiled and Chaeyoung widened her eyes at her statement.

Before Chaeyoung could say anything, Lisa went back inside the restaurant leaving both of them alone and she swore she saw teasing grin before she left. "I'm sorry for that. Lisa could say nonsense sometimes," Chaeyoung laughed nervously.

"You told her about me? Mhmm..interesting," Jungkook said in an interested tone and she instantly hoped that there would be a hole which she could buried herself into.

"Aishh," Chaeyoung broke off their stance and immediately leaving him when he pulled her wrist causing her pace to stop. Jungkook walked towards her, closing their gaps and spun her body to face him.

"I'm glad you did that," he smiled sincerely with no hint of teasing and Chaeyoung could feel her cheeks flushed again. "As long as I want to kiss you and have you all by myself right here and right now, I'm afraid we have to walk inside because Jin-hyung will be mad if we're not there," he chuckled before intertwining their hands together and pulled her inside the restaurant. Chaeyoung looked at their intertwined hands and she could not help but smile when she felt how perfectly his hands fitted in hers.

It was nearly dusk when both of Lisa and Chaeyoung went inside their house, sloppily walked towards their couch before plopping themselves onto it.

"Such a day. I never thought that eating could be so tiring." Lisa whined before sitting up straight and faced Chaeyoung who was closing her eyes. "I never knew that Jungkook guy is such a fine guy. Surely you talked about him but seeing him closely made me realize what a nice catch you got there, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung shoot her eyes open and sit up abruptly before throwing Lisa a glare. "Why would you even said that to him. I was so ashamed you know," Chaeyoung said unsatisfied with her attributes.

"What? I was telling the truth," Lisa rolled her eyes but the teasing smile never left her face.

"But still..ughh, never mind," Chaeyoung stood up and took her bag before ascended the stairs, stopping in the middle of her way, "no breakfast for you tomorrow, Pranpiya." She walked upstairs with a satisfied smile on her face hearing Lisa whining telling her how could she do that to her own best friend.

Chaeyoung had finished her skincare routine when her phone suddenly beeped. She climbed onto her bed and took her phone to have a look. Sudden messages from Jungkook made her beamed with delight.

Are you free tomorrow?

I think I am. Why?

I'm thinking of bringing you out. Maybe we can eat something good or watch some movies :) We can stroll at Han's River afterwards.

Sure.

Okay. Make sure to wear something nice. I'll pick you up at 8 pm :))

Okay Jungkook. Good night.

Good night.

She put her phone on the table by her bed and she pulled her blanket until it reached her chin. Silence consumed her surroundings until she could only hear the sound of her own heartbeats. She did not realize when but slowly her eyes fell close and she drifted into a deep slumber.

Chaeyoung had just finished her work but she accompanied Jisoo to buy some groceries because the latter enthusiastically asked her to do so.

"Unnie, why are you buying a lot of things? Is there any special occasion today?" Chaeyoung frowned in confusion to see the older female in front of her was stuffing abundant groceries into their trolley which made her crawled deep into her thought to find any special event for today's date. Unfortunately, she found none, not even anyone birthdays nor anniversaries. Maybe she had aged till her memories seemed to fade within her age.

"There's nothing actually but Jin is coming to my house today and he asked me to help him baking a cake last night'" Jisoo replied without even looking at her as she was engrossed with the baking products on the racks.

"Oh, really? It is someone's birthday today?" Chaeyoung asked flatly as she saw ingredients that she intended to buy. She was planning on making macaroons anyways.

"Apparently yes. It is one of his friends. Remember Jungkook? Yes today's his birthday," Jisoo pushed the trolley away from her leaving Chaeyoung who suddenly stopped from reaching for the ingredients.

"His birthday? Maybe that's why he asked me out tonight?" Chaeyoung said to herself undeniably feeling a bit guilty for not knowing the important day of him. Mental notes to herself to bother about important dates in his life.

Chaeyoung came back to her house bringing a lot of groceries than she intended to buy. This was because due to a certain someone made her wanted to do something special for him.

"What's up Chaeng? Why are there so many things in here? Are we celebrating something?" Lisa was ruffling her silky blonde her hair when she greeted her in the kitchen. She seemed to be back from her work seeing how she was carrying cups of coffee in her hands with some snacks.

"Hey Lisa, just came back? These? Nothing...I'm thinking of cooking something special because today is Jungkook's birthday," Chaeyoung replied nonchalantly and she could feel a stare from the blonde in front of her. Indeed Lisa was staring at her with an amused glance but commented nothing.

"You're going out with him?" Lisa took a sit at the dining table while putting her elbows on the table to support her face. "You surely put a lot of effort for that someone, huh?" She snickered and a small chuckle followed.

"I bet I do," Chaeyoung grinned before she started to tie her hair up and wore the apron. "Go take a shower Lisa. Don't worry, I'll make some for you."

"Aww thank you, Chaengie. Come here, let me kiss you," Lisa stood up and moved closer to her with those smooching sounds and she let out giggles when Lisa back hugged her to kiss her cheeks.

"Yah Lalisa! Go away, you stink!" Chaeyoung pushed her face away softly which caused Lisa to break the hug and adhered to her order.

"Alright, alright. I'll go. Won't even let me kiss you since you befriended him huh," Lisa rolled her eyes and she went upstairs while bellowing a loud laugh.

Jungkook arrived at Chaeyoung's apartment half an hour early. He was excited to celebrate his birthday with a person who has become someone important in his life. He presumed that Chaeyoung did not even know this day was his birthday because he remembered of not telling her before. He only wore his casual outfits at the moment, with his long sleeved black shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. It was a chilly night after all and he hoped Chaeyoung would wear thick clothes because he did not intend to let her freezing. Time seemed to fly so fast as he noticed the person he was waiting for was walking towards him with a smile on her face. She wore simple outfits as well with her black sweatshirts paired with skinny jeans and it made his grin became wider because it looked like they wore couple clothes on.

"Have you waited long?" She asked him with a hint of worry on her face but Jungkook just flashed her his smile.

"No it's fine. I arrived early. Come let's get in," he opened the door for her which she gladly thanked him for and he drove off to their destination.

Jungkook simply took her to watch romance movie in the cinema which he knew she was fond of and both of them enjoyed it to the fullest. He intended to bring her to some classic restaurant but she refused and asked him to have a stop by the Han's River.

"Actually I've prepared meals for us before you fetched me and it would be lovely for us to eat these meals by the river I guess," Chaeyoung chimed in while carrying a big rattan basket with her which he did not even realized in the beginning. Maybe he was too astounded to see her until he did not even noticed the things she was carrying earlier.

"You did? Yeah surely it would be better than having meals in the restaurant," Jungkook smiled feeling somehow warm at the sight of her carrying the basket by his side as they strolled to find a suitable spot to lay down the mat.

"Here is fine I guess. You're okay here?" Chaeyoung asked him and he nodded.

She laid down the mat and put the basket on it, "come and sit, Jungkook."

Jungkook instantly sit down on the spot she addressed with a subtle grin on his face. He was feeling so happy at the moment to observe the woman in front of him carefully arranging the dishes she had prepared earlier. Watching a few strands of her fair fell perfectly without her trying, he could watch her all night if she let him.

"Jungkook look this might be very small celebration from me but happy birthday. I wish you the best in your life and everlasting happiness for you," Chaeyoung finished off her speech with a small cake on her hands and he smile stretched even wider.

"How did you know? I remember never mentioned anything about my birthday," Jungkook asked but never did the smile left his face. To be acknowledged by her was surely a pure bliss and he would cherish this moment forever.

"I knew from Jisoo-unnie because her boyfriend mentioned it to her. How could you never told me today is your birthday?" Chaeyoung arched her eyebrow and Jungkook let a small laugh.

"I thought of letting you know today," he monitored her expression which turned into an amused look.

"Fortunately I knew earlier. If not I wouldn't be able to do something for you," she widened her eyes and he could only grinned guiltily.

"Thank you Chae. I mean for these. I appreciate it," Jungkook smile sincerely and she replied with a satisfied grin, "You're welcome."

Both of them were chatting endlessly from their favourite movies, foods and everything popped out at that very moments. He learnt a lot of things about her and Chaeyoung surely did the same. They did share a lot of similarities and Jungkook was amazed by that. The night was getting older when both of them finished eating and truthfully he did not want the night to end.

"Chaeyoung?" Jungkook suddenly spoke and Chaeyoung averted her gaze on him immediately.

"Yeah?"

"Would you dance with me?" Jungkook placed one of his hands in front her which she gladly took it, "anything for the birthday boy."

Jungkook fished his phone inside his pocket and scrolled through his playlist to find a song for their dance. He played his playlist and Lany's song echoed by the river accompanied with the rustling sound of the night breeze.

Jungkook interlaced their fingers and brought them towards his shoulder while his other hand slide on Chaeyoung's tiny waist. She let out a giggle when he swayed their bodies to the left and right aimlessly as they followed the rhythm of the song.

"Are we dancing?" Chaeyoung laughed as she gazed at the man in front of her to see he already fixing his eyes on her.

"Of course! This is also a dance," Jungkook chirped as his face scrunched into a happy grin and she loved the sight. Following her heart, she placed her head on his shoulder hearing the steady beats of his heart but it was not long when his heart started to pump faster.

"Is this because of me?" She placed her hand on top of his firm chest while staring into his eyes and Jungkook placed his hand on top of hers, engulfing her small hand into his before a smile crept up into his face, "mhmm..it's because of you," he hummed.

Chaeyoung seemed to be withdrawn into those eyes which were gazing softly at her as her hands made their way towards his nape, interlocked with each other behind it and Jungkook leaned his face closer until their noses touched.

"Happy birthday, Jungkook," she pressed her lips onto his and Jungkook widened his eyes in shock because she had never initiated moves before this. But soon he shut his eyes, replying to her kiss as he studied the outline of her lips and embraced their softness. The way her lips moulded perfectly against his had never failed to make him breathless and alive at the same time. The kiss was soft and gentle just like her and when she broke the kiss he nearly whined to the sudden loss of warmth.

Jungkook stared at the woman in front of her who was blushing madly and he smiled at her who was keeping her head down. He tilted her chin caressing the corner of her mouth before he crashed his lips against her, this time with more passionate but she replied with the same amount of passion which made him smile throughout the kiss.

It was a perfect birthday for him. With her by his side.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Yeay! Another update for my beloved readers. I love the song btw it's good. You guys should listen to Lany's songs too😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 2K 12
In which both Jungkook and Chaeyoung losing every chance they got to experience the art of becoming one. »»-----!!!-----«« To be safe, it's rated for...
84.1K 3.4K 27
안녕 I'm Park Chaeyoung. And THIS is my diary. My life has always been a rollercoaster. I've officially debuted in Blackpink and I'm officially an ido...
32.2K 905 36
At first Park Chaeyoung thought she would just be introduced as the cold guy's 'co-worker'. But the moment where their parents met, then laughed toge...
67.9K 3.6K 65
"When will the day come, that you finally see me. When will you hold my hands and say 'I love you' while you look at me lovingly. When will you final...