Synergy

By prisoncells

What they thought was a casual romance, turns out to be a much bigger scheme? Can the bands handle the outcom... More

Preface
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thritry-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Fourty-three
Fourty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sorry Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-Three
Eighty-four
Eighty-five
The End

Sixty-Two

19 3 5
By prisoncells

If you like this story even .1% than PLEASE PLEASE vote for it!
***
"Deleted."

Alexa's pov

"Ela really it's not worth the time and tears of reading it." I gently tried prying away the document in front of her. She wasn't budging.

"I want to read it." She pulled the papers closer to her chest.

I shook my head. "You already know what it says."

Her mouth set in a hard line. "Not everything."

Sighing deeply I stepped back. "If you're sure."

She paused, a look of uncertainly passing across her face. Could I blame her? No. I was determined to read that document front to back as soon as I got my hands on it. Ela was no different. The only thing was I had the rest of the girls to read it with me when we first got back. Ela just got back two hours ago and all the girls seemed to disperse. All needing time to just be alone.

"I'll be right here. While you read it. If you, you know need me."

She smiled a tired, small, and sad smile before crossing the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. Following suit I took the seat beside her, ready to relive one of the worst publishings ever.

She flipped open the folder and there it was. The contract the boys signed and that we were supposed to sign to have a fake relationship together.

My stomach lurched at just looking at it again.

My eyes skimmed over the document hastily catching random sentences.

"Pursue the relationship for a range of four to seven plus months."

"Partnership splitting profits off all media corresponding to fake relationship evenly."

"Public disclosure allowed in all interviews."

As Ela flipped page after page the tears pricked at my eyes again as I saw Nialls signature sloppily etched across each dotted line.

"I don't understand the purpose of this all." Ela finally spoke up. I wiped away a tear in confusion. Ela sounded perfectly fine. If fact she looked fine too. "We were supposed to sign it as well?" She questioned skimming over the document again. She looked as if she just was reading over a set of direction to put together a table or something. Not a document your "boyfriend" signed that said he was only using you.

I nodded, confirming her question.

"Melinda said she was going to talk to Mr. Gree and get back to us. She also said she would talk to our lawyers and publicity team about how to address it and we'll all, I guess have a meeting about it."

She bit her lip, studying the document one last time before closing it.

After an eternity of silence she spoke.

"When's the meeting?"

Not what I was expecting but okay.

"Im not sure yet."

She nodded again before standing.

"Well I'm going to go freshen up." A fake smile was plastered across her face.

What the hell?

"Ela? What the hell? You're not affected by this at all? Do you even understand what this means?"

She shurgged. The kinda shurg like whoops I dropped my phone. Or what's the answer to why's the sky blue. Not oh well my boyfriend has been lying to me for months.

"Happens right. Didn't really mean that much anyways. I'll be fine."

I shooke my hand standing quickly.

"Ela. Do not shoove this aside. Deal with this problem now. Don't compress it. Remmebr what Dr. Rhegt said about avoiding problems. They less to serious lapses of accid-"

"I'm fine Alexa!"

"This isn't something to be fine about! This is big. And its painful and it just plain out sucks..You can open up Ela. Its okay to cry. Its okay to be upset."

"I said I'm fine Alexa! I'm fucking fine okay! Drop it! Let. Me. Be."

And with a slam of the door, she was gone.

"Doesn't sound fine to me. " Maura huffed as she traced the door Ela stormed out of seconds prior.

"I'm worried about her."

Maura nodded seriously. "Me too."

My lip felt awfully raw from the amount of tugging I've been doing on it. "No. This is bad. When she does that- when she puts up that fake front and just pushes everything aside..that's when she relapses."

Her eyes narrowed. "You don't think I know that? I thought it would be better because Harry got her to open up and shit!"

"What do we even do now? Should we call..should we call her parents?"

I shook my head seriously fast. " I could guarantee that would be disaster and then she'd shut down for good.. We have to be careful with how we play this out. Maybe, hopefully, Harry did in fact change her a little bit and get her to open up. Maybe she'll open up to us too."

Maura huffed and pulled back her hair. "Fucking son of a bitch. The things I want to do to all of them. First I'll take their entire-"

"Spare me the details Maura please."

She huffed again and the only noise to be heard from her murmuring to herself.

"Your ass is lighting up."

Maura pointed her shiny red fingernail at me.

I craned my head around trying to understand what she meant. "Oh." My phone was ringing.

I pulled from out of my pocket the phone littered with missed call after missed call.

All from Niall.

I hit the ignore button and shoved the phone back into my pocket.

"I blocked Zane. After 15 calls in a row I couldnt stop myself from punching a wall. So I figured best for everyone if I block him and avoid a broken hand."

"Good call."

"The only good call I made when it came to him."

***

Ela's pov

"Ela for the love of God pick up your goddamn phone. Explain! I don't understand why the hell you just left. Im no longer worried I'm fucking pissed."

Deleted.

"El, please. Help me understand what happened. I'm racking my brain here- I'm literelly going insane. Please, baby, call me back."

Deleted.

"I cut the trip early. I'm coming back. To see you. So we can talk Ela. Im fixing whatever the hell happened. My mom said you got some strange phone call when you were out shopping? Whatever that was about we will face it together okay? I love you. I'll see you soon."

Deleted.

"It meant nothing."

Deleted.

"Ela Cunninghaming that contract meant nothing. I signed it before I even knew you. They told me you were going to sign it too! It means absoltely nothing! I would never, in a million years do anything to hurt you baby. Please, please , please let me explain. Please don't shut me out."

Deleted.

"I love you."

Deleted. Contact blocked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 260 15
Zayn and Harry from the outside looking in have a great marriage. Zayn is a stay at home father with a child, Niall, from a previous relationship. Ha...
84.2K 1.1K 28
One Direction. The biggest boyband right now. There debut album has just dropped, and the tour starts in a few months. But what happens when a girl...
33.4K 2.2K 93
Harry Styles and Zayn Malik is a new wed couple .Both of their families are friends for about 20 years.Little did the families know Harry and Zayn di...
17.4K 553 23
The boys of One Direction decide to have some fun, but what happens when their fun leads them to something they didn't expect? While REALLY drunk, Ni...