teeth ↣ joshler ✓

By nicosniners

When Josh and his family move to Hartgate, Colorado he learns that the town has its secrets. Without choice... More

1. Moving
2. Fault
3. Mask
5. Forever
6. Liquid Courage
7. Blindfold
8. Aquafaba
9. Homecoming
10. Conflicted
11. Dance
12. Strong
13. Stupid
14. Perfect
15. Weird
16. Adorable
17. Halloween
18. Nervous
19. Time
20. Help
21. Leave
22. Talk
23. Lucky
24. Dinner
25. Trust
26. Birthday
27. Blissful
28. Sick
29. Obstacle
30. Support
31. Hopefully
32. Transition
33. Cover
34. Hastily
35. Sorry
36. Hurts
37. Flirt
38. Sous Chef
39. Choice
40. Intriguing
Questions?
Contest Winners

4. Secrets

2.2K 154 119
By nicosniners

Josh ran his hand through his dark curls as he let out a yawn and made his way towards his college algebra class. It was his last class before lunch and he just wanted to get through the day.

He walked through the doors and glanced around the room. The bell was going to ring in about a minute so he took one of the last two seats in the classroom. The desks were grouped by two so he just hoped the person who sat next to him wasn't an asshole.

Josh glanced at the board and saw they were starting a new lesson thankfully. He had been enrolled in college algebra at his old school as well, but based on the title of the lesson he was pretty sure he had already leaned what the class was going to learn today.

The bell was 30 seconds away from ringing when a familiar face walked through the door. Tyler's eyes fell on where Josh was sitting and he scowled.

Marching over, he stared down at Josh as if he were inferior to him. Maybe Josh was. He wouldn't deny it. So far he could tell Tyler was popular and had a lot of friends but he was also rude and reserved. Despite that, he still had a number of advantages on Josh.

"That's my seat," Tyler spoke.

Josh sighed, the noise being cut off halfway through by the bell ringing. He slid over to the other desk in the pair and set his bag by his feet. "Better?"

Tyler didn't reply as he sat down. Their teacher walked in a moment later with a stack of papers in her hand. She caught Josh's eye and smiled. "Good morning everyone," she spoke gently.

The class chorused a good morning back minus Tyler who just sat there with a bored look on his face.

The teacher didn't seem to notice and she continued talking. "Today we're starting a new lesson and then we're doing a partner quiz with the person you're sitting next to. As always, you may use your notes but you may not talk to anyone else that isn't your table partner," she paused. "Also... we have a new student," she smiled. "This is Joshua. I hope you all do your best to make him feel welcome," she looked at him. "Do you go by Joshua or Josh?"

Josh offered a small smile towards her. "Josh," he replied.

She nodded. "Well I'm Mrs. Black. If you need anything then just let me know."

"Thank you."

Mrs. Black began passing out the papers she had brought in. Once Josh got his, he noticed they were the notes for the day. He glanced at the lesson on top: factoring. They had just wrapped this up at his old school so he already knew what to do. Perfect.

Josh flew through the notes on his own while Mrs. Black completed them with the class step by step. He always paused to make sure he got the correct answer once Mrs. Black got to a certain problem. However, he did finish pretty early so he just watched her finish them and waited patiently.

Mrs. Black told the class that they were to complete their quiz before anything else but could get their homework as soon as their quizzes were turned in.

Josh didn't have any intentions of speaking to Tyler so once he got his quiz he began filling it out silently. It didn't cover today's lesson but it covered the two from before that Josh also knew how to do so he went through the assignment fairly quickly.

Mrs. Black had told him when she handed the quizzes out that she would take his for a grade unless he did really well on it. Good thing he was good at math and had gotten that head start in Columbus.

"Damn," a voice spoke up next to him. "How the hell are you going through all this so fast?"

Josh looked up and saw Tyler looking at him in disbelief. Apparently he was talking to Tyler now.

"Uh," Josh blinked. "I already learned this at my old school."

Tyler nodded understandingly. "Cool," he replied, looking back down at his paper.

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me?" Josh asked, the cocky sentence leaning his mouth before he could decide not to say it.

Tyler glanced back up at him. "You're a new kid. Aren't you supposed to be shy?"

Josh raised an eyebrow. "You're a jock," he gestured to his shirt that said 'Lincoln High Basketball Camp' which must've happened over the summer. "Aren't you supposed to be stupid?"

Josh wasn't afraid to stick up for himself despite the fact he didn't have many friends. He just wasn't good at socializing and trusting but it didn't mean he didn't have a mouth on him.

Tyler grinned at that. "Touché," he replied. "I'm sorry about this morning," he apologized. "It was just uh... something came up... and I just didn't feel comfortable talking to someone new. If wasn't your fault."

Josh smiled softly. "It's okay. Thanks for apologizing."

Tyler nodded once again. "Yeah of course. I'm not a total asshole. Sometimes," he laughed. "I heard you talking to Jenna. Maybe it's better you don't get attached to anyone here either. This town is... special."

Josh cocked his head to the side in a confused manner. "What does that have to do with the people?"

"The town has secrets. So do the people," Tyler stated simply.

Josh laughed. "Lots of people have secrets. I have secrets."

Tyler smiled. "Like what?"

"They wouldn't be secrets if I told you."

"Exactly."

Josh's mouth rested into a small smile. "Well Jenna gave me her number this morning and texted me, inviting me to sit at lunch with you guys. If you don't want me there I can always sit with my brother."

Guilt flashed through Tyler's eyes. "No, you can," he replied. "I'm just trying to warn you about certain things."

Josh laughed. "I'm a big boy, Tyler. I can take care of myself. Plus, no offense, but I highly doubt you or Jenna could do anything to harm me."

Tyler's lips curled into a knowing smile. "Okay," he laughed as well. "Then sure. Sit with us," he paused. "Mrs. Black is Jenna's mom by the way. She really sweet and truly means it when she says if you need anything you can go to her. But if you hurt Jenna that's when she'll hate you," he chuckled. "She's kind but overprotective."

Josh glanced at her. "I can see that."

Josh saw the bell was about to ring and realized that they had spent way longer on their quiz than they intended due to them talking. Tyler finished up the last few questions before taking both their quizzes up and grabbing a sheet of homework for each of them.

Just as they finished putting their things away, the bell rang. The two grabbed their bags and were about to walk out together when a voice stopped them. "Tyler?"

The mentioned turned around but so did Josh— out of curiosity. Mrs. Black was looking at them. "Yeah?" Tyler replied.

"Can I talk to you real quick? It won't take long."

Tyler turned back to Josh. "Wait in the hallway for me. I'll be out in a few."

Josh nodded and walked out, perching himself by the doorway. He grabbed his phone out and saw he had a text from Jordan.

Jordan
Found some guys to eat with. See you after school bro

Josh smiled. He was glad Jordan was fitting in. It was the norm but he was glad Jordan could always do it.

He slid his phone back in his pocket, stopping when he caught part of Tyler and Mrs. Black's conversation.

"How are you doing, Tyler?" She asked.

Tyler sighed. "Alright. I still hate this," he let out a humorless chuckle.

Josh could almost see the sad look on his teacher's face. "I know, honey. Jenna does too. Why don't you come over tonight? For dinner?"

Tyler let out a genuine laugh this time. "For dinner?"

Mrs. Black let out a small laugh as well. "Yes, Tyler."

"Sure. Is that all? I don't wanna keep Josh waiting."

"One more thing."

"Yes?"

"Speaking of Josh..." she began. "Don't let him get hurt. Don't let him end up like you guys."

"I won't," Tyler promised.

"Okay now get out of my classroom," she spoke but Josh could hear the smile behind her voice.

A moment later Tyler walked out, an anxious look on his face. He saw Josh and forced a smile. "Ready?"

Josh smiled back, hoping to ease whatever Tyler was worried about. "Ready."

It was silent as the two began walking but Josh couldn't help but think.

Although the conversation he just heard confused the hell out of him... he hoped he was becoming friends with Tyler and Jenna. They seemed like good people. And it would be a plus for him to finally fit in like his brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 33K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
14.8K 247 18
Football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, hockey and every other sport ever played all have one universal rule: The coach's daughter is absolutely...
812K 37.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
521K 11.1K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.