𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄...

By TheFallOfArtemis

After being blinded by those sworn to protect her, Artemis trades her vision for her ability to have a mate... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐒
CAST LIST
PROLOGUE
ONE|CAECUS
TWO|SOMNIUM
THREE|HOSTEM
FOUR|NOVUS
FIVE|VENARI
SIX|REX
SEVEN|DEUS
EIGHT|EROS
NINE|CAERULEM
TEN|DAMNUM
ELEVEN|NATARE
TWELVE|TRISTITIA
THIRTEEN|DOLOR
FOURTEEN| EXSPIRAVIT
FIFTEEN|DOMUM
SIXTEEN|ALTUM
SEVENTEEN|FAMILIARIS
EIGHTEEN|WHISKEY
NINTEEN|BLOODYHANDS
TWENTY|CAEDES
TWENTYONE|WILD
TWENTYTWO|BROOD
TWENTYTHREE|INTOXICATEME
TWENTYFOUR|PACK
TWENTYFIVE|FALSEFACE
TWENTYSIX|MENDACIUM
TWENTYSEVEN|SELLYOURSOUL
TWENTYEIGHT|VENDIDIT
THIRTY|DULCE
THIRTYONE|TEETH
THIRTYTWO|UMBRA
THIRTYTHREE|PARSDUORUM
THIRTYFOUR|PRAETERITUM
THIRTYFIVE|DARE
THIRTYSIX|TONITRUA
THIRTYSEVEN|PRIDE
THIRTYEIGHT|AMONGWOLVES
THIRTYNINE|WOLFSBANE
FORTY|PRAETEGO
FORTYONE|ARBRE
FORTYTWO|SUNLIGHT
FORTYTHREE|CRAVE
FORTYFOUR|LOSS
FORTYFIVE|CADENCE
EPILOGUE
𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒 & 𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐒
OTHER BOOKS

TWENTYNINE|DARE

5.8K 259 45
By TheFallOfArtemis

I'm on holiday atm and have almost no signal so will upload music and a banner for this when I get back
The door closed behind me, and with it I wished I had left behind the thoughts of him that refused to leave me.

His lips on my throat, my hands in his hair.

I had to shake myself, as I almost walked into a woman.

"Sorry." I mumbled, pressing a palm to my temple.

"You will be." She slammed me to the wall with such force the wind left my lungs.

"What the f-" I was cut short when I felt the dagger against my neck.

"What are you playing at?" The female hissed into my ear. "Tell me or I swear to god I'll slit your fucking throat."

I swallowed, feeling the blade press harder into my neck. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb with me." She spat. "You know exactly what you're doing!"

A trickle of something warm began to crawl down my throat.

Gritting my teeth I said. "You're insane. I haven't done anything!"

"You're lying!" She cried. "You're fucking him aren't you!"

"Who!"

But I knew who.

"Theos!" There were very few people I had heard call the Alpha by his first name. Something clicked and I instantly knew who held the blade. "I feel it! Every damn time!"

"Let it go Flick." I growled. "You'll regret it if you don't."

"Why should I?" She laughed. She was insane. "What do I have to loose? You and your sister have already taken everything from me."

"What about the baby!" I said, clinging to the only thing I knew about her.

"Don't you see! This is why I'm doing this! For my baby!"

I frowned. "What?"

She dropped the dagger, it clattered to the floor as she clutched her head. "You have to stay away from him!"

"I don't have to do anything." I grunted, wiping the blood from my neck. If only it was socially acceptable to punch a pregnant woman.

"If you don't stop this affair, it will kill the baby!"

"Bullshit." I snarled.

She laughed, shaking her head in disbelief. "God, how can you be so damn stupid." I eyed the woman, in another life she would've been beautiful, radiant, even. But in this one she was ravaged by jealousy, an ugly shade of woman she was.

"Theos is an Alpha. This child, is an Alpha." She said the word with such conviction and disgust. "The gods don't take kindly to bastard children. I'll miscarry."

I bit my lip, I hadn't stopped to think of the untold pain our little thing would be causing the mother of his child.

A small, wicked part of me thought this a good thing. That deep and evil part of me that wished for the death of an infant. I hated that part of me, it was deplorable.
But I wouldn't let flick see an inch of weakness.

"Sounds like a personal problem." I said over my shoulder as I stride down the hall.

***

"I need your help Mar. I think I'm going mad." I downed the glass my brother handed me, not bothering to see what it was. It burned my throat but I didn't cough.

"Vent to me." He chuckled, taking a sip of his own glass. "Troubles in paradise, Mouse?"

"Where do I start." I laughed dryly. "I sort of have a... thing with the Alpha and his psycho baby mama is threatening me. Astorias.. or Amelia, I'm still not sure what to call her, anyways I'm not sure I'll ever see her again. I don't know where to turn, now she's gone I have no one to talk to."

When he didn't respond I looked up, he was staring into his glass, an unreadable look on his face. "What?" I said. "Marus I can't have you bugging out on me too."

"She's gone?" He said quietly. "Where too?"

"Astoria? No idea.. I guess her demons finally caught up with her." I bit my cheek nervously, remembering the night of the ball.

"Come on, I want to get absolutely shit-faced. Where are the drinks?" She smirked with a flash of pure white, contrasting to her blood red lipstick. "You coming-"

Her face dropped, completely frozen she stared at something in the crowd, I turned around to see what she was looking at. At first, I saw nothing. Then somebody shifted and he came into view, a man, distantly familiar, almost as though I had known in a past life stared back at Astoria.

"Who is that?" I asked, looking away. Her stare turned to a glare of pure hatred and disgust. "No one. He's no one." She spat.

"You knew her.. didn't you?" I said after a while, for fear the silence may consume us both and then we'd both be irreparably lost.

"A very long time ago.." His voice was so quiet I almost didn't hear him.

"You loved her." I said softly. "Didn't you."

He threw his head back, downing the rest of his drink in one gulp.

I took that as a yes.

All of the pieces were falling into place. He held his head in his hands.

My brother, who shared my eyes and hands and had always been nothing but kind to me.. my brother was in pain. But not just any pain. Agony.

His heart was broken.

Astoria words echoed in my mind. "I loved him. But I thought I loved someone else more."

Marus was that someone else that held her affection. So much so that she was willing to murder her own god given mate to be with him.

A tear crawled down my brothers cheek. "More than anything I have ever known before."

My heart clenched for him. "She loved you too. I know she did."

The sound of a car door slamming shut echoed from outside, and a second later harsh knocking on the door.

Marus wiped the tears from his face. "How do I look?"

I smiled. "Tough as nails."

I swirled the amber liquid in my glass as he left to answer the door. I heard an exchange of words but couldn't make out anything except.

"Of course. She's through here."

I caught his scent before I saw him. I had expected he might come after me. I did kind of sneak out after all, but I didn't know he would be this quick.

"Artemis." He breathed. "You're okay."

I was engulfed into the worlds warmest bear him.

Safe.

I wished I could drown in his warmth as I buried my face in his strong chest. "Sorry I left. I just had some things to do."

He let me go. I wished he hadn't, as he left me at arms length examining me for any sign of damage. He froze when he saw the thin slit across my throat.

Something changed in him. His chest heaved with raged breaths as everything within him tensed. "Who did this."

He didn't shout, and somehow that was all the more terrifying.

***
Q-thoughts on Flick? Is she a bitch or just misunderstood?
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.6K 17
"Say it Blake" Damon says forcefully, keeping my hands pinned above my head. "Say what I want to hear" "N-No Damon" I whimpered. The pain in my wrist...
1M 32.5K 51
Struggling to make ends meet with her dead-end job at the local diner, and living at home with an abusive boyfriend, Amora struggles to find some goo...
290K 12.3K 56
He was a mosaic, composed of broken pieces. She was an unfinished art project. ******** The moon goddess ends the lives of Lycans she sees as a thr...
4.3M 131K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...