Soulmates | S.M.

By burritosandnachos

~Alana Sinclair finally has the opportunity to go see her favorite artist, Shawn Mendes, live in concert for... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
~Q&A~
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60 (final)

44

1.9K 51 22
By burritosandnachos

Alana's POV

"What do you mean you aren't taking the record deal?!" Shawn exclaimed, a hint disappointment in the sound of his voice. We were currently at a cute little cafe in Toronto, having some breakfast. I had a ham and cheese omelet with mushrooms while Shawn had a blueberry muffin.

"I just don't think it's realistic for me right now. Singing and performing is your thing. I think I need to find mine"

"Did you hear how you sounded when we performed at the Late Late Show? You sounded better than I did"

I took a sip of my iced latte before responding. "You sounded better, without a doubt. And I don't know. Settling down and having a family was something that I strived for growing up. Maybe I should use my degree for once, I don't know"

"Why is this sounding a lot like a breakup Alana?"

My eyes widened and I set my fork down, looking him straight into his eyes. "You're crazy for thinking that. I'm not breaking up with you, idiot. I'm just trying to figure out my life"

He chuckled, shook his head, and took a sip of his coffee. "So what's the game plan?"

"The game plan" I spoke then thought for a bit. "Watch you and your career blossom even more than it has been, get married, go on our honeymoon,  then go with you on tour. The stuff after that is still a blur. But I do eventually want to raise our children and maybe get a nursing job. That stuff's for later though so don't worry about it right now"

"Sounds like a good plan. But are you sure you don't want to take the deal? I would really love for the both of us to be touring together and exploring the world. Meet fans. Have fun"

"I'm still going with you on tour whether I accept the deal or not, you know that right?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah I expected that but your plan sounds like you want to stay back and settle down"

"Eventually. I want to settle down eventually. Not right now, silly"

Shawn gave me a heart warming smile and reached over across the table to give my hand a small squeeze.

---------------------------

Thanksgiving in America is coming up pretty soon in about a week or so. Shawn and I decided to order plane tickets to go and visit my family at home. Every year, my parents host this huge family reunion where  my family from my mom and dad's sides come together and celebrate. Shawn and I were on our way back to the condo from eating breakfast and I tried explaining to him the mechanics of it all.

"So you're telling me that every single family member from both of your parents' sides come together in one household? Your families must be pretty small"

I shook my head. "Oh no no. My extended family is so huge. I don't think I even met all of them yet. My parents have to rent out a venue every year to accommodate us all. It's  like a huge wedding without the wedding. Basically just the reception"

We were walking hand and hand, down the hall until we reached the door to the condo. Shawn grabbed the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. I pushed it open and took off my large coat as I went inside, Shawn doing the same. It's been getting colder in Canada lately so winter apparel has been necessary over the past few weeks now.

I walked over to the kitchen counter to set down my purse while Shawn went straight to the couch. Since the condo was an open house plan, everything was connected so you would be able to see the living room from the kitchen area. I walked over to the grey couch and plopped myself right into Shawn's arms. I rested my head on his chest and he rested his on top of mine.

We sat in comfortable silence and began to feel my eyes slowly coming to a close. "Getting tired?" Shawn whispered.

"A little yeah. You?" I whispered back.

"Mhm" I had a small feeling that his eyes were closed too.

-----------------------

I stirred a bit, slowly waking up to the feeling of tiny kisses being placed on my forehead and cheeks. I moved my head and legs a bit without opening my eyes to get a feel of where I was. Shawn and I were laid on the couch and my head was still rested on his chest so that I could hear his heartbeat.

His chest began to move from under me as he began to talk. "I love you honey but can I just get like five more minutes of nap time?"

My eyes were still closed as I responded. "What are you talking about? Aren't you the one kissing me?"

I slowly opened my eyes to see the living room. The television was off and there was no one in the room but us. I slowly began to get up from Shawn's chest and sat up on my knees, still fixed on the couch. I looked over to the foyer and the kitchen which was also empty.

Shawn opened his eyes and rubbed them with his fists. "You weren't the one kissing my forehead?"

I shook my head. "No. I thought it was you" Then, the sound of small footsteps running down into the basement could be heard from across the foyer where the stairs to the basement led.

I looked over at Shawn and furrowed my eyebrows. "Is there anyone else here?"

"Not that I know of" He responded.

I stood up from the couch and walked towards the basement stairs, Shawn following behind me. The basement light was on and soft movements could be heard from down the stairs. I slowly walked down and peeked behind the wall. Sitting at the white couch set up was Layla, playing on her IPad.

"Layla? What are you doing here?"

She looked up from her tablet. "Auntie Alana! Uncle Shawn!" I felt Shawn rest a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry if I woke you guys up"

"How are you here?!" I said in amazement then walked towards her to the couch. She gave me a big hug as I sat next to her and Shawn did the same.

"Well" Layla began, setting her IPad down on the wooden coffee table. "Mommy and I went on an airplane and she said that we were going to surprise you. We got out of the plane and this guy with glasses, I think his name is Andy? I'm not sure. He helped us get here"

"Andrew?" Shawn chuckled.

Layla's eyes sparkled. "Yes! That's it"

"Where's your mom?" I asked, looking around and seeing that Elena is nowhere in sight.

"She's using the bathroom right now and she said that we're going to go to our hotel once you guys wake up"

"You two are more than welcome to stay here if you want. We can have a big sleepover and watch movies" Shawn suggested.

Layla smiled widely. "Yes! That sounds like so much fun"

I brushed a hand through Layla's hair and the bathroom door opened, revealing Elena with curls in her hair and a long, flowy purple dress. "Hey guys. Sorry we invaded your space. Layla and I really wanted to visit while we were here"

"You guys are always welcome" Shawn grinned.

"Exactly" I agreed. "And why are you two staying at a hotel and not with us?"

Elena walked to the couch next to me and answered. "I have a business meeting early in the morning so I figured to just stay somewhere closer to the building where it's being held. It's about thirty minutes away from here"

"Is Layla going to be with someone while you're at the meeting?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know Auntie Jess? She lives right next to the hotel we're staying at and she offered to watch her for an hour or so while I'm at the meeting"

"Why don't you just leave Layla with us?" Shawn offered.

"Oh, I don't want to disturb you two anymore than we already have. I'm sure you guys are busy tomorrow"

"We're actually free tomorrow. You can leave Layla here tonight and then come back tomorrow"

"Are you sure?"

"We're more than sure. We haven't seen you guys in forever. At least spend time with us" I jokingly pouted.

"Oh alright. Thank you guys"

-------------------------

Shawn, Layla, and I, sat in the living room with a stack of DVDs in front of us. Elena already left to go to her hotel and Shawn and I were given the task to entertain Layla for as long as we possibly could.

"Alright" I sat down next to Layla with a large bowl of popcorn in my lap. "What are we watching?"

"High School Musical" Layla exclaimed.

"Aren't you a little young for High School Musical?" Shawn asks.

"No! Auntie Alana would always play it for me at home"

I smiled. "I was a very big High School Musical fan" I picked up the DVD from the coffee table and walked over to the television to insert it into the player. I walked back to the couch and sat down, Layla between Shawn and I. Shawn pressed play and the movie began.

We all sung and danced to the songs as they popped up in the movie. We were watching the part where Troy and Gabriella audition for the musical when I felt a hand brush through my hair.

I looked over and Shawn's arm was outstretched across the couch. "Check your phone" He mouthed.

I grabbed my phone from the edge of coffee table and unlocked it to find a text message from Shawn.

love bug
I'm Troy and you're Gabriella.

hunny bunny
Oh really? How?

Please enlighten me

love bug
gladly

I sing

You sing

We all sing for ice cream.

Isn't that how that old nursery rhyme goes?

hunny bunny
Yes. That's perfect

Shawn turned off his phone and looked at me. I looked back at him and he gave me one of those signature smiles. His contagious smile gets to me as I feel my lips curl up by themselves. Moments like these were the very reason why I love this dude so much. He just makes my heart so happy and I couldn't see myself living life without him.

7 Months Later...

"Shawn. You have to promise not to call me or see me. It just can't happen"

"But honey" Shawn protested.

"What did I just say?" I interrupted before he could continue further. "Don't call or text because I will not answer" I took out my phone from my back pocket. "You know what? I think I'm just going to block you"

Shawn quickly placed his hand on my forearm. "Please. Don't. Why do we have to do this?"

Author's Note

Shorter chapter this time, I'm sorry. BUT. The next chapter is going to be my longest chapter yet and you guys will be in for a real treat. I'm so excited about it. This chapter was just a filler type chapter in preparation for the next one. Also. I love cliffhangers teehee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 678 20
"I love it when you call me señorita." A love story between two people that know they aren't good for each other, but proceed to do so anyways. Cami...
3.7K 134 23
Shawn Mendes is fresh off tour, he's off to live in Toronto for the Summer. Avery Hunter, just finished high school and is planning on spending her...
164K 1.5K 80
If there is Smut or Fluff I will put a warning at the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy!
67.7K 830 31
Janessa Bree King was just another wide-eyed girl who was completely in love with Shawn Mendes. Little did they know that after one fateful meeting...