Synergy

By prisoncells

What they thought was a casual romance, turns out to be a much bigger scheme? Can the bands handle the outcom... More

Preface
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thritry-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Fourty-three
Fourty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sorry Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-Three
Eighty-four
Eighty-five
The End

Sixty-Two

20 3 2
By prisoncells

"Break his heart."

So I managed to avoid any confrontation the rest of the day. I literally laid in the confines of Harry's small bed, my mind sprialing five million different directions.

When I wasn't looking at all his childhood things that made me fall in love with him even more, or enhaling the  sheets that lingered with his scent, I spent the day with my head against the pillow praying that there was no contract and Alexa was lying.

And when Harry came to check on me, every time I was sleeping.

It was a struggle to keep my breathing even and steady when he tiptoed in the room, careful not to wake me. When he set on the corner of bed, even though my eyes were shut tight, I knew there was concern in his. I could vividly imagine the pout displayed across his lips and his eyebrows furrowed. And that was bad too. Because I didn't want him to feel pain. Because I love him.

And when he crawled in bed next to me, sighging deeply and drawing me back into his chest, it took everything in me not to cry right then and there. But I didn't. I waited till his breathing evened out and made sure he had fallen asleep before quietly distancing the pair of us and slipping out of bed. When he stirred a little I froze in my spot. I waited till he didn't make a sound again and then fleed the tiny room.

I was hungry. I hadn't eaten since lunch and it was now deep into the night. Plus my laptop was downstairs. The laptop that held my emails and the laptop that held the contract. If there really was one.

When no one was in the kitchen, after I tripled checked, I grabbed an apple from the counter and my laptop which sat next to it and placed it on the table two feet away from me.

My fingers seemed to shake as I typed in my passwords and as hungry as I was minutes ago, it was lost as my email came up bright on the screen.

I scrolled for a little until I found it.

There it was. Well part of it.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself without even thinking. So Alexa was right. She wasn't lying. Tears sprang to my eyes as I felt the happiness inside me literally drain away. Screw the time difference. I dialed Alexa's number.

"Ela?" Her words filled the receiver with concern.

"I got it, well the part the boys signed about the contract."

She didn't say anything for a bit, just sighed.
"What the hell Alexa? What even is this? I- I feel so damn lost!"

"I know Ela. I know. No words right Now could describe how I feel. I just want you to come back home Ela. How are you holding up over there?"

I deleted the email without even thinking. I couldn't bear the sight of it anymore. "Terrible. Its so- I don't even know."

"Melinda flew over the jet a couple hours ago..Should be there within the morning. It'll pick you up and take you back."

I slammed the laptop closed and leaned back in my chair. "Okay. Thanks I guess."

"Niall tried calling me five times this afternoon. "

"You didn't answer." I stated, already knowing the amswer.

"I didn't. I'm not going to either. From now on we can communicate through lawyers and our press and management teams."

"Sounds like a divorce."

"Ela."

I jumped at the sound of Harry's voice. There he stood. In nothing but boxers and a small silver chain looped around his neck. He looked disappointed too. Suddenly I felt my palms grow sweaty.

"I have to go." I spoke to Alexa's.

"That's him isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Break his heart."

And then she hung up.

Harry took a step forward, making it to the kitchen counter before awkwardly placing his hand on the countertop. I could tell he was nervous.

"What's going on with you?"

My tongue swelled up as I struggled to grasp the words to make this situation normal. "What do you mean?"

His face screwed uo in disbelief and anger. "What do I mean? What I mean is you freak out at shopping and come back to totally avoid me all day?"

"I was sick." I tried desperately yet again to stand my ground.

"Yeah okay. Sick all day then as soon as I go to bed, you're magically better and feel the need to get up in the middle of the night and make mysterious calls? Who were you even talking to?"

His volume was increasing by the second and I crimdged at the thought of Anne hearing any of this.

"I got hungry." I managed to avoid all the question except one. Well I thought.

"You know Ela I have been up and down every thought in my mind thinking what the hell is wrong with you and there is so many fucking possibilities right now. You need to explain yourself. You told me you would talk it out with me. Show me you will."

Immediately anger I didn't even know I had in me surged through my veins. How dare he requests that from me when all of this is a lie!

"Show you? Show you?" My volume was increasing now too. But the thought of his parents hearing was long gone. Now I only saw red.

"Yes show me! Was this too much? Coming here and having a family? Because of the situation with your Dad?"

And I froze. And everything I had lined up to say and fire back in his face disappeared. He went too far. He knew he went to far too, when he saw the hurt on my face.

"Ela- I didn't mean it like that."

"I have a family."

"I know you do baby. I just meant-"

I stopped him there. "I don't care what you meant. I don't need your pity and I certainly don't need you to pretend anymore."

I stopped down to collect my laptop and my phone before easing by him.

"Pretend? Ela?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow anyways. "

His face fell.

"Wh- why?"

"Melinda called. I have some mandatory promos and I've been on vacation long enough."

I didn't wait for his reply. Just stalked off to his room where all my belongings were and immediately started to pack.

Setting a really high goal here..can this chapter get like 5 votes?:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 987 80
This new book is a sequel to my book "living life in the fast lane" so go check that out first : ) W...
32.7K 2.2K 93
Harry Styles and Zayn Malik is a new wed couple .Both of their families are friends for about 20 years.Little did the families know Harry and Zayn di...
273 15 34
Harry and Zayn found each other attractive but Louis and Zayn have a bit of History so what will happen? Harry and Zayn are sorta of 'using' each oth...
81.9K 1.1K 28
One Direction. The biggest boyband right now. There debut album has just dropped, and the tour starts in a few months. But what happens when a girl...