She Became Mine

By lovatic_f

A young fragile girl just wants to be loved, will the famous celebrity couple Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderra... More

She Became Mine
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Ask.fm
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 22

2.7K 140 15
By lovatic_f

Melody POV

I took a deep breath when Demi pulled up outside her moms house.

While we were going to be picking Millie up anyway, she decided it was time to introduce me to her family and I was not looking forward to it.

Demi unfastened her seatbelt and turned to look at me.

"Come on then Melody" she said as she began to get out the car.

When I didn't move a muscle she got back in and closed the door.

"What's the matter baby girl?"

"I'm scared." I admitted. There was no point in lying or trying to hide it from her. She was too good a figuring out the truth.

"There's no need to be scared. You're part of this family now, you're gonna love them"

"I know I'll love them. But what if they don't like me? What if they hate me?"

"I can promise you that won't happen. I'll be right there with you, I'll admit to you that I'm a little nervous myself though. Not because I think they won't love you but just because it's big news." She told me.

I gave her a weak smile and nodded my head.

"Let's go bubba" she said and smiled in return.

We walked up to the front door hand in hand. There was no way I'd let go and if Demi did I don't know what I'd do.

As its her family home there's no knocking involved, she pushed the front door open and led us inside.

"Mom" she shouted.

"Livingroom" Diana shouted back, making me chuckle to myself.

My heart rate picked up as we got closer and closer the livingroom. I was trying my best to keep it under control so they didn't think I was a freak.

We entered the livingroom to see everyone's heads turn and stare at us.

Little Millie picked herself up off the floor and attempted to run towards Demi.

"Mama" she giggled when she reached Demi.

Demi scooped her up into her arms, threw her up in the air then held her close. This ultimately meant Demi had to let go of my hand, making me feel incredibly exposed and vulnerable at the loss of physical contact.

"Hey, how's mommy's baby girl?" She said to Millie

Millie just giggled in response and placed a sloppy kiss on Demi's lips.

Demi placed Millie on her hip and Millie happily snuggled into her mom.

After Demi had finished greeting Millie she looked and noticed everyone's eyes on me.

"Guys I need to introduce you to somebody very special. This is mine and Wilmer's newly adopted daughter Melody"

Everyone looked around at each other in shock, their mouths hanging open.

Demi took my hand again and led us towards the sofa. We sat down and faced her family, this has to be one of the most awkward situations I've ever been in.

"Melly" Millie said, holding her hands out for me

Demi and I smiled and I took Millie from her. Millie hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder.

How is it a two year old can make me feel calmer and more comfortable?

"It's nice to meet you melody" Diana finally said, breaking the awkward silence.

I gave her a warm smile in return.

"How old are you sweetie?" Dallas asked

"I'm nearly 12" I said as confidently as possible, hoping it wouldn't come out as a whisper or squeak.

"Well I'm happy I have a new niece, you can come talk to me whenever you need to ok, don't be shy" she said happily.

Ok so that's two people who don't hate me.

I glance over at Maddie to find her scowling and glaring at me.

"I know this is a shock to you all but melody is part of mine, Millie and Wilmer's life now and I get that it might take a while but I hope that with time you can consider her a member of your family as well" Demi spoke out.

"Demi, Melody, I don't know about these three but I already think of you as a granddaughter" Eddie said sincerely.

"I agree" Diana added

"I see her as a niece already so don't worry" Dallas chucked a little.

I let out a breath of relief, as did Demi.

"Maddie?" Demi said, turning to her little sister.

"What?" She coldly responded

"What do you think about this?"

"What does it matter. You've already made the mistake" she snapped

"Madison" Diana warned

"What? Oh come on guys, I can't believe you think this is a good idea. We hardly see Demi as it is, she's never gonna be around now she's got her to look after" she said, pointing at me

"Madison that's enough" Eddie scolded

"No, I'm not having a niece who is a few months younger than me."

I felt tears build up in my eyes and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold them in. Millie had sensed all the tension and was wanting to get back to Demi for comforting.

Demi took her off me and cradled her in her arms, she shushed her and grabbed a bottle off the side table.

"Maddie I'm sorry you're not happy about this but I love Melody already and she's a part of my life now. I hope you can soon see that and learn to love her as well" Demi tried to reason after placing the bottle in Millie's mouth.

"No chance" she said before standing up and walking out the room.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I never wanted to break this family apart.

"Demi" I whimpered.

My breathing was uneven and I really didn't want to have a panic attack.

I wanted to be brave.

Demi was trying to keep Millie clam but I needed her.

"Demi" I cried out for her.

"Melody come here sweetie" Dallas said from across the room.

"No need Demi" I struggled to get out

I wanted Demi but she had Millie. Demi looked helpless, being torn between which girl to look after.

"Melody, go to Dallas. You're ok, you're safe I'm still here" Demi told me

I nervously walked over to Dallas and she instantly pulled me down on her lap.

Being in her arms was like being in Demi's. Not the same but very similar.

"Shhhh it's ok darling" she soothed.

"I'm sorry" I cried

"What for sweetheart? You've done nothing wrong"

"I don't want to break your family apart"

"You're part of this family now melody. You've done nothing wrong, please don't think any of this is your fault. Maddie just reacted in the wrong way, she was in shock and I'm sure she'll come round."

"I don't want her to hate me" I admitted

"She won't hate you sweetie"

When Millie had calmed down Demi put her on the floor with her toys. Demi came over and kissed my forehead before leaving the room. I'm assuming she's gone to speak to Maddie.

I sat up more on Dallas' lap now that I had calmed down a lot more. Eddie was now on the floor playing with Millie and so Diana turned to face me.

"So how do you like living with Demi and Wilmer.?"

"I love it. They both make me feel safe and loved" I replied honestly.

"And Millie?"

"It's nice having a little sister. I've always wanted one"

"That's good then. Please don't feel like you can't be yourself around us, we want you to feel comfortable ok. This is a big change for us all but it's a good one" Diana told me.

"Thank you"

Demi POV

When I had Millie calm and saw that melody was ok with Dallas I decided it was time to go and speak to Maddie.

I exited the livingroom and made my way towards her room.

I walked in her room to see her sitting on her bed, doing something on her phone.

"Maddie? Can we talk?"

"No. Leave me alone Demi"

"I'm not going anywhere until we've sorted this."

"You'll be here a long time then" she argued back.

"What's wrong Maddie? You're never like this, you're such a sweet girl. I thought you'd love having a girl your age in the family."

"You don't get it do you?"

"Then explain it to me. What's wrong Mads?."

"She's gonna take you away from me even more."

"I promise you that won't happen. You're my baby sister and nobody can take away our relationship."

"Do you promise?"

I walked over and sat beside her on her bed, taking her hands in mine.

"Melody is like a daughter to me. I have to set rules and boundaries for her, yes we can have a laugh and joke around but I'm in charge. You're my little sister, we gossip and play pranks and watch horror movies. You're my little buddy and nothing will change that. I love you both so so much but I have a completely different relationship with each of you"

"I'm sorry Demi, I was just scared of loosing you" she admitted

"You'll never loose me but I do think it should be melody you're apologising to. She's had a rough childhood Maddie. She deserves to be part of a loving family"

"I'll go speak to her. I really am sorry Demi"

"It's ok baby girl. Now give me a cuddle"

We remained in each other's arms for about ten more minutes until Maddie was ready to go back down and talk to melody.

I really hope Melody can accept her apology.

A/n

Thoughts?

Ideas?

You know the drill guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 673 23
After months of trying to have a child together Demi and Wilmer are faced with a disision that would change there lives, and this time theres no turn...
63.2K 2.6K 33
losing yourself in your past makes it hard for you to see your future.
32.3K 1.6K 37
Finding True Love will only come along once in a lifetime, but if you don't realise you have it then you can loose it all in a day. Since the day Dem...
87.8K 3K 78
"My body, my skin is yours but you don't play with my heart and don't mess up my mind" That was the thought that crossed their minds. That was their...