Thorin's Lost Love(Thorin Oak...

By JaspersWife2

Katharine Miller is the fiance of none other than Thorin Oakenshield,King of under the mountain.Both thought... More

Katharine Miller
Seeing Gandalf Again
Meeting Bilbo Baggins
Thorin's Pov
The Journey Begins
Thorin's And Katherine's Story
Decisions
Trolls And The Troll Cave
Author's Note
Radagast
Rivendell
Author's Note
Getting Married
A Truly Wonderful Day
Leaving Rivendell
Goblins
No More Scaring Me
Author's Note
Beorn
Morning Talk
Mirkwood Gate
Spiders
Mirkwood Elves
Talking To Tauriel
Injured And Bard
Tauriel's Anger
Night Before Durin's Day
Pain And Help
Keeping Her Alive
Babies!
Thorin's Pov
Thorin Meet's His Babies
Erebor
Gandalf
Author's Note
First Words
War Part 1
Author's Note
War Part 2
Waking Up
Author's Note
After A Few Months
Epilogue

I Love Your Voice

6.9K 123 7
By JaspersWife2

*Katherine's pov*

I was still sitting next to my love,Thorin who gave a great speech.But Balin started to speak over everyone.

Balin: "You forget, the Front Gate is sealed."

My love takes his seat once again, I slipped my hand in his.

Balin: "There is no way into the mountain."

Gandalf: "That, my dear Balin, is not entirely true."

I see Gandalf reach into his pocket and takes out a key.Thorins looks surprised.

Thorin: "How came you by this?"

Gandalf: "It was given to me by your father.By Thrain.For safekeeping.It is yours now."

He hands the key to my Thorin.

Fili: "If there is a key..there must be a door."

Gandalf nods then speaks.

Gandalf: "These runes speak of a hidden passage to the Lower Halls."

Kili: "There's another way in."

Gandalf: "Well, if we can find it, but Dwarf doors are invisible when closed."

He lets out a sigh.

Gandalf: "The answer lies hidden somewhere in this map..and I do not have the skill to find it.But there are others in Middle-earth who can.The task I have in mind will require a great deal of stealth..and no small amount of courage."

I see him look at Bilbo then turns back to us.

Gandalf: "But if we are careful and clever, I believe that it can be done."

Ori: "That's why we need a burglar."

Bilbo: "Hmm.And a good one too.An expert, I'd imagine."

Golin: "And are you?"

I placed my head on Thorins shoulder whisper something that almost gets Thorin laughing.

Me: "Please, don't fall for it my friend.Please,don't fall it."

Bilbo: "Am I what?"

I couldn't help but smile when he said that.

Oin: "He said he's an expert.Hey."

Some start chuckling,some like Thorin kept silent.I just smirked.

Bilbo: "Me? No.No, no, no.I'm not a burglar.I've never stolen a thing in my life."

Balin: "Well, I'm afraid I have to agree with Mr.Baggins.He's hardly burglar material."

Bilbo: "Nope."

Dwalin: "Aye, the Wild is no place for gentle folk who can neither fight nor fend for themselves."

I continued to stroke my fingers against Thorin's hand.

Kili: "He's just fine."

I rolled my eyes while they started arguing.I was starting to get a headache.I saw Gandalf stand up with darkness surrounding him.

Gandalf: "Enough! If I say Bilbo Baggins is a burglar,then a burglar he is.Hobbits are remarkably light on their feet.In fact,they can pass unseen by most, if they choose.And, while the dragon is accustomed to the smell of Dwarf..the scent of a Hobbit is all but unknown to him..which gives us a distinct advantage."

He took a seat while me and Thorin looked at him.

Gandalf: "You asked me to find our 15th member of this company and I have chosen Mr.Baggins.There's a lot more to him than appearance suggest.And he's got a great deal more to offer than any of you know.Including himself.You must trust me on this."

Thorin: "Very well.We will do it your way."

Bilbo: "No, no."

Thorin: "Give him the contract."

I whispered to Thorin.

Me: "Love, do you think he has anything in this place that can make this blasted headache to go away."

Thorin: "He might."

He turned to Bilbo.

Thorin: "Mr.Baggins, before you read the contract.Do you have something that can cure a headache? Katherine's head hurts."

Bilbo: "Oh, yes.Be right back."

Balin: "Are you ok, lassi?"

I smiled.

Me: "Yes,but there are positive and negative traits that come with being half elf.And having sensitive hear is a blessing and curse."

Bilbo came back with a minted smelling tea.I happily took it.

Me: "Thank you."

He nods then looks over the contract.

Balin: "It's just the usual.Summary of out-of-pocket expenses...time required,remuneration...funeral arrangements,so forth."

Thorin takes the contract and gives it to Bilbo,then he starts talking to Gandalf.

Bilbo: "Funeral arrangements?"

Bilbo walks to the hall reading the contract.While he did that I listened to Thorin and Gandalf's conversation.

Thorin: "I cannot guarantee his safety."

Gandalf: "Understood."

Thorin: "Nor will I be responsible for his fate."

Gandalf: "Agreed."

I saw both of them look at me before going back to talking.

Thorin: "How did you find, Kat?"

Gandalf: "She wasn't easy to find.Believe me.But she has her own little cottage just outside of Bree.It appears she builds herself a little cottage wherever she rest when she was trying to find you."

Thorin: "Thank you, for finding her and bringing her back into my life."

Gandalf: "You are most welcome."

We all looked at Bilbo, who fainted after Bofur told him about the fire of Smaug.

.......

While Gandalf and Bilbo talked I was with Thorin and Balin.My arms wrapped around Thorin's waist while he had his left arm around me.

Balin: "How's your head, lassi?"

Me: "Better."

Thorin: "You always did hate headaches."

Me: "Because it makes you stop thinking and plus it hurts when you try to think."

I smiled and kissed his cheek.I looked and saw Bilbo walking away.

Balin: "It appears we have lost our burglar.Probably for the best."

We looked at him.

Balin: "The odds were always against us.After all, what are we? Merchants, miners..tinkers, toy-makers.Heh, heh.Hardly the stuff of legend."

Me: "There are a few warriors amongst us."

Balin: "Old warriors."

Thorin: "I would take each and every one of these Dwarves..over an army from the Iron Hills.For when I called upon them,they answered.Loyalty,honor..a willing heart.I can ask no more than that."

Me: "You were always great with speeches, love."

He smiled then kissed my head.

Balin: "You don't have to do this.You have a choice.You've done honorably by our people.You have built a new life for us in the Blue Mountains.A life of peace and plenty.A life that is worth more than all the gold in Erebor."

I knew it was not so simple for Thorin nor I to let go of our home,the same home we pictured raising our future children in.

Thorin: "From my grandfather to my father, this has come to me."

He holds up the key.

Me: "It's hard for us to give that up Balin.We share the same dream."

Thorin: "They too dreamt of the day when the Dwarves of Erebor would reclaim their homeland."

Me: "There is no choice, Balin.Not for us."

Balin: "Then we are with you both.We will see it done."

......

We gathered around the fire with me sitting down on the couch while my love stands.
I hear him start humming.

Thorin: Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep

And caverns old

We must away

'Ere break of day

To find our long-forgotten gold

[All]

The pines were roaring on the height

The winds were moaning in the night

The fire was red, it flaming spread

The trees like torches blazed with light

After awhile everyone went to sleep except me and Thorin.We were cuddling on the couch.

Me: "I always did love your voice."

He chuckled.

Thorin: "You will be riding with me in the morning."

I looked at him and smiled,then I kissed his lips.

Me: "I wouldn't want to ride with anyone besides you."

We talked until we fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 243 34
Thorin Oakenshield has a guardian angel of sorts, only he doesn't know it. Yet. After breaking up a fight between Thorin and another man, Seren Gilw...
2.6K 145 14
A THORIN OAKENSHIELD x OC FANFIC Blair Baggins, sister to Bilbo Baggins, has lived in The Shire her whole life, considering what's beyond the border...
239K 7.9K 70
Love is complicated. Especially if you were forced to marry someone who doesn't even like you. But for Mivera, unlike most arranged marriages, has gr...
2.5K 199 30
After being unexpectedly dumped the night of her firm's Christmas party, thoroughly modern Noelle James decides to skip the festivities and go for a...