Finally Yours: The Sequel | T...

By ratedJG

Read the first book before reading this. More

• prologue •
• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine: part one •
• nine: part two •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• sixteen •
• seventeen: part one •
• seventeen: part two •
• seventeen: part three •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty: part one •
• twenty: part two •
• twenty one •
• twenty two •
• twenty three: part one •
• twenty three: part two •
• twenty four •
• twenty five •
• twenty six •
• twenty seven •
• twenty eight •
• twenty nine •
• thirty •
• thirty one: part one •
• thirty one: part two •
• thirty two: part one •
• thirty two: part two •
• thirty four •
• thirty five •
• thirty six •
• thirty seven •
• thirty eight •
• thirty nine •
• forty •
• forty one: part one •
• forty one: part two •
• forty two •
• forty three •
• forty four •
• forty five •
• forty six •
• forty seven •
• forty eight •
• forty nine •
• fifty •
• fifty one •
• fifty two •
• fifty three •
• fifty four •
• fifty five: part one •
• fifty five: part two •
• fifty six •
• fifty seven •
• fifty eight •
• fifty nine •
• sixty •
• sixty one •
• sixty two •
• sixty three •
• sixty four •
• sixty five •
• sixty six •
• sixty seven: part one •
• sixty seven: part two •
• sixty seven: part three •
• sixty eight •
• sixty nine •
• seventy: part one •
• seventy: part two •
• seventy: part three •
• epilogue •
on to the next... book #3!

• thirty three •

517 21 15
By ratedJG

Kelly
Monday, April 29

"Y'all rude as hell for drinking in my face like this. Way to rub it in."

Lala, Solange, Michelle and I were all at Beyoncé's house having a girls' day while the kids were at school and our men were out running their own errands.

"Oooops." Lala giggled, purposely putting her glass in my face.

"Move bitch. Y'all shouldn't be gulping down drinks at noon anyway."

"They're mimosas sis, that's what they're made for. Don't act like you don't know."

"Of course she knows. She's just mad cause she can't participate." Solo snickered.

"Maybe I am." I admitted while laughing.

"So, what's tea?" Bey asked all of us. "What everyone got going on?"

"Well you can obviously skip me." I chuckled.

"I'm not gonna lie, I kinda want another kid too." Lala said.

"Then you and Chris need to get to work!"

"I think it's way too soon. We just made four months."

"Honestly, I don't think you should base things off the length of your relationship, as long as it's a healthy relationship. If y'all wanna have a baby at four months then go ahead. Time means nothing." Solange commented.

"I disagree." Bey interjected. "Yeah your relationship may be healthy right now, but children tend to complicate things. I would say wait until you've been together at least a year or until you're married."

"Bey has a really good point." I chimed in. "But at the end of the day, it's up to you and Chris. Whatever you wanna do, just make sure you talk to him about it so y'all are on the same page. Communication is very important, I can't stress that enough."

Lala chuckled at my last sentence, "I'm glad you know, cause the way you and Trey be struggling —"

"Lemme stop you right there, witcha disrespectful ass." I laughed. She better be glad I can take a joke. "Trey and I have actually been doing better with it."

"You right, you right. I'll give you props." she replied. "Anywho, I think I'll put a pause on this 'second kid' shit and just blame the temptation on baby fever. I got other things to worry about anyway, like this damn custody case."

"I can't believe that's still going on." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"There's no way Carmelo is gonna win that case, you know that right?" Bey said.

"I mean I guess, but it's been dragging for so long that I feel like he might be up to something. The hearing is coming up soon and I'm just hoping he doesn't try to pull some sneaky shit."

"He can try anything he wants to, but it's clear that Kiyan wants to stay with you. The judge will see that and will put that above everything." I reassured.

She sighed, "I hope you're right."

"Positive thoughts yield positive results! You gotta expect a good outcome for there to actually be a good outcome." Michelle spoke.

"C'mon pastor." Lala giggled.

"You know you can always count on Michelle to come through with a word. Speaking of which, it's her turn to spill. How you doin?" Bey said, doing her best Wendy Williams impersonation.

Michelle chuckled, "I'm doing okay. Just enjoying the single life."

"Not for long." I replied. "I'm gon find you a man."

"Here she go, always tryna set someone up." Lala said, rolling her eyes. "Don't let her do it girl."

"Right, let me do it instead." Bey insisted.

"No, let me do it." Solange interjected. "I need some excitement in my life."

"Okay, how bout all three of us do it together." I suggested.

"Dang, do I get a say in this?" Michelle mumbled.

"No!" all three of us said at the same time.

"I mean... of course you do." Bey chuckled. "Just as long as you don't say no."

She groaned, "I'll give y'all one chance... one. If you hook me up with some lunatic, I swear I'll never forgive you."

"We won't let you down!" I exclaimed.

Bey smirked, "We're gonna call this: Operation Find a Denzel for Michelle."

Meanwhile...

Janay

"I can't thank you enough for helping me these past few months."

He handed me a check and as I looked down at it, I noticed that it was double the amount of what he usually gives me.

"Oh wow... this is a lot."

For him to actually be going out of his way to do this for me? It must be love. I know it is. Thank God he's finally opened his eyes.

He cleared his throat, "The reason I'm giving you a bigger check this time is because—"

"This means everything to me. I'm so glad to see that you care about me the same way I care about you."

I closed my eyes and moved my face closer to his, expecting our lips to meet but instead got a palm to the face.

"...What the fuck are you doing?" he snapped.

"Huh? I— I thought you loved me."

"Love you? Janay I don't have any type of feelings for you whatsoever. Zero. You know I'm only doing this for the sake of your daughter."

"You're lying to yourself! If you're willing to do all of this for a child that's not even yours, then you must have some feelings for the mother."

"You must've forgot that I'm married. Happily married at that."

"Fuck that dumb ass bitch. If it was really a happy marriage then why are you doing this shit behind her back? Explain that."

"Don't you ever call my wife out her name again. Now you done took shit too far. Since you wanna play dumb I'll let you know wassup in the clearest way possible: I don't give a single fuck about you. This isn't about you. I realized that your daughter was in a situation where you couldn't provide for her, and out of the kindness of my heart I decided to help out. You're right about one thing though. I shouldn't be doing this behind my wife's back, which is why I came here today to end it once and for all by giving you one last payment. I was gonna tell you nicely but then your stupid ungrateful ass wanted to be delusional. With the way you be acting, I can see why you live like this."

"Get the fuck out of my house." I said angrily through my teeth.

"Gladly."

I felt my blood boiling as I watched him walk away. How dare he talk to me like that?! He's been leading me on this entire time and once I decide to act on it, his confused ass wants to reject me?

Fuck him. I can put up with a lot of shit but this crosses the line. As far as I'm concerned, he is now a worthless human being in my eyes.

He's gonna regret disrespecting me like this.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began to make a much needed phone call. This altercation was the wake up call I needed to get my head back in the game.

"Hello...?" she answered cautiously.

"I'm back in."

——————————————————

Brace yourselves. 😬🥴

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 116 19
(COMPLETED) Read the first chapter to find out a little about the book.
4.6K 126 14
This is the sequel to my best friend and I'll have the first chapter up as soon as possible!
151K 3.3K 107
Spoby when they first fell in love 1st book in The Beginning series
266K 3.3K 200
Read book 1 first to see Brad and Rachel's story up until this point. :) Hope you enjoy