Two Fangs Deep

By Eldriel

Revenge. Revenge is the one thing that exists in every story. Sometimes it's as simple as revenge against an... More

Red With A Funny Taste
Original
Quite A Reunion
Downtown Dance
Freshly Turned
Sired Without Question
Let It Stay Buried
Unanswered questions
Fight Me, Elijah
Marcel Gerard
The Baby Of The Past
An Awkward "Good Morning"...
Sly As A Fox
Anger
Oh, Brothers...
Storm Ablaze
The Apprentice
Just a Normal Day?
Long Time No See
Mikael
The Sons of Mikael
The Smirk
Niklaus Mikaelson
Wolves Part 1/2
The Bitch Returns
The Unraveling
One on One
Rebekah Mikaelson
Goner, Part 1/2
Goner, Part 2/2
Hayley
The Plan
The Betrayal
Time to Say Goodbye
Teaching the Fledglings Part 1/2
Teaching the Fledglings Part 2/2
A Gathering
Beyond Time
Ancient Creature
Going Home
Silhouette
Forest Green or Ocean Blue
Epilogue
¡¡¡IMPOTANT INFO!!!
Another Day

Wolves Part 2/2

658 16 8
By Eldriel

Scarlett's POV

Year: 2001

I sighed as the fresh night air blew across the river and brushed my face. Making my hair flow graciously in the breeze. I do miss my scarlet colored hair but it has been so long that I can't even recall what that would look like. I let a low chuckle escape my lips. The last time my hair was red was when I was with Mikael

Why am I even doing this anymore? 

Mikael has been gone for what? A hundred, two hundred, three hundred years? 

I can't even remember anymore. It's like being a slave to an invisible control freak.

I made a promise but what good is that promise when no one has seen the Mikaelsons in years, they simply vanished. 

This... This obsession is simply moronic at this point.

I could feel the anger bubbling inside me as I picked up a rock and slammed it into the water, creating a huge splash. 

"Fuck you, Mikael!" I roared at the top of my lungs. 

"You made me into this. You turned me into a monster! And here I am supposedly trying to fulfill your wish of a petty-ass revenge!" I threw another rock into the water. 

I grabbed my hair out of pure frustration and started pacing back and forth.

"You know what? I'm done! The only way I'll ever go back to fulfilling that promise is if heaven delivers me the Mikaelsons on a silver platter. Until then... I'll do as I please, kill as I please..." I trailed off. 

"And love as I please, I deserve that," I said barely above a whisper.

I slowly sat down on the grass-floor, calming down. As I felt the anger pulsing through my veins slowly seep out. Suddenly, I heard a door behind me open and close. 

"I can hear that you're enjoying our time back in Sleepy Hollow so far." His dark voice sounded from behind me.

"Yeah, I just needed to let off some steam." I chuckled and stood up to greet him as I had done countless times before. 

"Mikael is gone... You don't have to worry about getting his approval anymore, Scarlett." he sighed into the hug. 

"I know. It just needed to be said out loud." I paused for a second and pulled away enough to look into his beautiful ash-gray eyes. 

"You know I love you, right? You're the only spark of hope I have left in this horrid and dark life, Dean. Even though you are a murderous witch." I joked, booped his nose, and smiled brightly at him. 

"And you are mine. I love you more than anything, even though you're a murderous vampire." He laughed and made a hissing noise showing off his teeth

I laughed with him but was quickly cut off by him smashing his lips against mine. Every time he kisses me a sense of calmness washes over me. It's like my soul has finally made its peace with the universe.

It's been three years since I met Dean. 

September 21st, 1998. 

I had completely given up. 

I had searched for Mikael high and low for years. On top of that, I had lost all trace of the Mikaelsons children years ago. I did get sidetracked every once in a while with people like the Salvatores or Jakob, but I never completely lost track of the Mikaelsons whereabouts. Until that day.

I was ready to die but after whatever, Mikael did to me... it made me unable to die like a normal vampire. 

Believe me, I tried. 

Torturing myself for days, staking myself, decapitation... The last chance was to take off my lapis lazuli ring and necklace, in the hopes that I would burn to death. I was ready to die and pay the price for my broken promises.

Luckily for me, the graveyard I chose to execute myself in was close to some form of witches' trial. A coven of witches had gathered themselves around a man. All I could see was his dirty blond hair and tall, muscular body. The witches were yelling at him and in my blistering, burning haze. I decided that my final act of bravery would be to save this man.

In a zombie-like-manner, I approached the witches. 

I could hear screams as some of them noticed me. I must look unrecognizable at this point. I could feel the blisters covering my vision, and my clothes and skin were probably on fire. 

"Oh, shut up!" I grumbled as I ripped the head of the witch closest to me. 

That appeared to snap the other witches into action. 

They quickly used their magic on me. I could feel a terrible pain in my head but this wasn't my first rodeo. 

Pain was too common for me. 

I grabbed the item closest to me and used it as a projectile. It ended up being a wooden cross from a close-by grave. It hit one of the witches in the throat, making her unable to use her magic against me. The loss of her extra strength for their teamwork spell made me able to move freely again. 

I could hear one of the witches exclaim; 

"What are you?!" 

As I killed another one of them. 

I Wish I knew buddy. I wish I knew... 

I used the last of my strength to rip through the last of the dozen witches.  

As the last witch's body hit the ground, so did mine. I fell to my knees in front of the man I believe I had just saved. 

"You're welcome..." I wheezed out as my mouth and throat burned. The last thing I saw before everything went dark was a pair of beautiful grey eyes.

-------------------------

Sadly, I woke up. Meaning, that my hope of demise had failed. 

I took a quick glance around the room I was in. 

By the all-wooden interior, I came to the conclusion that I was indeed alive because my hell would not be a cozy unknown cabin in the woods. It was quite easy the tell that I was in the middle of the forest by the smell of trees and the sound of a close-by river.

"Ah, you're awake." A deep male voice sounded from behind me. 

Out of reflex, I leaped off the table I was laying on and flared my fangs at the man. 

"Calm down, Tiger. Killing me now would mean that all those wounds of yours would be for nothing. " He chuckled heartily.

When I saw his ashy gray eyes all the memories came flooding back to me. The coven, the execution trial. 

"You were simply a charity case." I huffed. 

"One last good deed before I killed myself. Too bad my plan didn't work." I grumbled and sat back on the table. The man remained quiet for a moment before he spoke again. 

"Oh, yeah. You must be grumpy because you haven't eaten in a while. Your body needs to feed to heal itself properly." he exclaimed and disappeared for a few seconds. Ignoring my statement completely. He came back with a glass containing red liquid. I could smell that it was blood from where I was sitting.  

"Animal blood, huh? Too scared to kill a human." I huffed again but still grabbed the cup out of his hands and gulped it down. 

"If you only knew, my little murderous vampire. You didn't kill my whole coven, so getting into town is not exactly easy at the moment. Animals are always close by and easy prey. You'll just have to deal." he answered dryly. 

I'm honestly starting to like this guy. 

"Thank you, btw. I was trying to kill those bastards myself. That's what got me on the chopping block." Murderous, good. Maybe we'll get along after all. 

"Oh, yeah. I'm Dean Hollow, btw. 27-year-old witch and now, a former member of the original Sleepy Hollow Coven." He said reaching out his hand for me to grab. 

"Scarlett Night," I stated simply shaking his hand. 

"You're The Scarlett Night. Aren't you?" He asked with an evil glint in his eyes. 

"My people thought you were just a myth. I've been studying your techniques and the stories about you for years. You were my inspiration." Great a fanboy... 

He must have seen the annoyance on my face because he quickly calmed down. 

"Killing yourself, huh? Didn't expect that from someone like you?" Putting on his tough guy act again. 

"If you live to me over 700 years old you might understand how boring it actually is." I sighed and tried to get off the table but Dean stopped me. 

"I healed you while you were out cold but you're not done yet. You're still severely wounded, so sit your ass down. I have something interesting to show you." I stayed in my place and watched as Dean went to get a mirror. 

He walked behind me and held it up so I could see my naked and almost fully healed back. 

"Lapis Lazuli tattoo ink. It's a new type of magic I invented while you were out, as a thank you. Now you don't have to worry about losing your ring or amulet or whatever you used before. I've placed the tattoos in different locations in case your skin ever gets burned off in some places, you'll still not have to worry about the sun. Your back has the three of life on it. I thought it was appropriate." He finished with a triumphant look on his face as he let me study the different tattoos. One on each ankle, one behind my ear, one on my back, and one on my right arm. 

They were all beautiful

He studied me waiting for a reaction. 

"Cool," I stated simply, even though I wanted to hit him and give him a hug at the same time. 

It's a lovely invention. 

"Are we even now?" I questioned, wanting to leave as quickly as possible. 

The plan to end myself still hadn't changed.

"Not even close. You're not leaving until you're fully healed and that's that."  He said firmly and left the room. 

I could feel the blisters moving and popping on my skin. I guess a few more days of pampering by a handsome witch wouldn't hurt. 

I sighed and laid back down

----------------------------

A few days quickly turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months and months into years. I connected with Dean in a way I thought I never would. I told him my life-story and he told me his.  Apparently, we weren't so different as I originally thought. His coven had trained him and his twin brother to murder witches from other covens. That was at least the original plan for them but the coven was getting less and less careful and started to order them to kill other supernatural creatures, and sometimes even humans.

When Dean went against the Coven wanting to be free, he was set up for execution. Luckily for him, I was there to stop them. However, Dean keeps saying he would have found a way out of the situation on his own, which I doubt.

Our backstories weren't that different. We both were trained to follow a murderous path, but now we have each other. We can do whatever we want with our life now... or so I thought. 

----------------------------

I broke away from the kiss with a bright smile on my face. 

"It's weird to be back here after all this time." I sighed, thinking of all the memories we had made here. For the last year or so, we've been traveling. Doing what we both have wanted to do for so long. 

"But I'm still glad we came back. I've missed this cabin and now I finally get to meet Darius. It's been a long time coming." I smiled as Dean got a jealous expression on his face. I giggled at his expression and kissed him again.

"Hey, guys! I hope I'm not interrupting s-" That was all Darius got out of his mouth before he himself was interrupted by a loud howl. 

We all turned to look behind Darius and were met with a wolf with huge glowing red eyes, I quickly glanced up at the sky. There's a full moon tonight. However, the sun is coming up which is both lucky for us and the wolf, because now we don't have to kill him. 

Just as I finished the thought the wolf turned into a human. The werewolf smell was pungent from the second I saw the wolf. 

"He's so young," I exclaimed as I rushed over to him. 

"He can't be older than 22." Dean chipped in from behind me. 

"Hi, Darius, sorry for the odd first meeting. I'm Scarlett." I chuckled lowly and quickly gave him a hug as if it would burn me. 

"You honestly need to learn to hug people, Scar." Dean laughed and appeared beside me. 

"I'm working on it," I growled lowly. 

"I think this is the first time he has ever turned," Dean said while crouching over the boy's body. His dark skin was covered in splotches of blood and dirt. 

"I'll have to agree with that, brother. Quick, get him inside." Darius commanded in a rushed tone.

As Dean lifted the boy he woke up in a panic. I reacted before I could think. 

"Hey, Hey! I'm May Clocksworth and I'm going to help you." I smiled and placed my hand on his chest trying to calm him down. The boy looked at me with big eyes and passed out again.

 "May Clocksworth, really?" Dean chuckled as he carried the boy inside. 

"Yeah, I thought Scarlett Night sounded a bit scarier and... I panicked. Whatever maybe he's an enemy, we'd never know."  I said calmly and Dean nodded in response as he placed the boy on the couch. Darius was already there with a blanket and a pillow. 

"Darius, it's very nice to meet you," I said again. 

"We both know that you're more proficient with healing than Dean over here-" I started before I was interrupted by Dean. 

"Hey! I'm not that bad." He exclaimed in defense. 

"You said it yourself. Darius is better at it than you. So Darius, are you able to take the lead on this?" I asked politely. Darius chuckled at Dean and then nodded his head in response.

----------------------------

When the boy recovered a few days later we learned that his name was Benjamin Crawford, and he had turned when he had killed his brother. He already knew about the curse but did it anyway because his brother had already activated it, and he had started to go berserk in their village. Benjamin knew he was the only one to stop him, even if it would cost him his normal life.

Benjamin stayed with us for a while. 

Darius helped him with controlling his ability to turn into a wolf. With the help of a little magic to ease the pain of course. It didn't take long before he was in full control of himself and his anger. But I have to say that Benjamin had a huge motivation in Darius.

They quickly grew close. Dean and I were happy and the days couldn't be better for all of us. Two witches, a werewolf and a vampire living in harmony. 

The perfect world, 

but it was only the silence before the storm.

-----------------------------------

One day I was out hunting for food, I had found a deer and drank from it when I suddenly heard a loud howl. 

Benjamin's warning howl. 

I quickly rushed back to the cabin but tragedy had already struck. 

Benjamin's brother was a part of a pack and they had finally tracked us down. When I entered the cabin it looked like a bloodbath. There were bodies everywhere and the floor was flowing with blood. I could see Darius hunched over in a corner weeping covered in blood, while Benjamin came to meet me at the door. 

"We tried everything. He saved us, May. He saved us..." Benjamin trailed off. I had told Ben that my name was really Scarlett but he still refuses to use that name. 

"Move,"  I said sternly. 

He moved out of the way and I rushed over to Darius. He was holding Dean in his arms who was covered in blood and huge bite marks.

"Dean! This can't be happening! I should have been here!" I screamed and in a desperate attempt to save him, I bit my arm and tried to feed him my blood. 

But there was no response. 

"Come on, Dean. Drink!" I hulked. 

I felt Darius' arm on my shoulder. I hadn't even realized that I had collapsed beside Dean and Darius had moved out of the way. 

"He's gone, Scarlett," he said sympathetically as tears streamed down his face. 

"Get away from us!" I roared, flashing my fangs at him.

"Let's go, Benjamin. Let's give her some space." Darius whispered calmly and led Benjamin out of the room. 

"We were going to live forever together. You promised me. You were going to drink my blood and turn. It was going to be us against the world..." I sniffed as tears streamed like waterfalls down my face.

I remained by Dean's side for a long time before i said anything else.

 "I love you so much, I'll always love you. Even in my darkest times, when all hope is lost, I'll think of you and remember that I'll meet you again someday." I forced a little smile as the tears continued to fall. 

I used my hands to close his eyelids, making it appear as if he was only sleeping. 

"I'll remember you. I promise."

--------------------------

After a series of rampages and the funeral, I completely shut down. I had crawled into the deepest and darkest parts of my mind and had no plans of leaving. I closed myself off in the cabin and didn't even come out to eat. 

Benjamin and Darius tried to cheer me up, without prevailing. After being in the cabin sulking for weeks, they found someone that might be the savior of the situation. Jakob Finnigan.

"Hello there, sunshine. You can't sit in here for the rest of your life. I'm still your disciple and you still have a lot to teach me. Therefore, let's get you outside." Jakob exclaimed as he drew back the curtains and let the sun in. 

"Wow, you look worse than I thought. Good that I brought some VP-blood for you." He said and handed me a blood bag. 

"VP-blood?" I asked in a groggy and confused voice. 

"Vampire blood, you moron. You've really lost your edge, haven't you?" He asked rhetorically. 

"Now, let's go!" It was quite easy for another vampire to drag me outside since I hadn't been feeding for weeks. He dragged me outside and we were quickly greeted by Benjamin. 

"Move, Wolf," Jakob said in a venomous tone. 

"You first, vampire," Benjamin responded in the same tone. 

Jakob turned at the same age Benjamin is now, so they both look like they two twenty-something-year-olds trying to show who's toughest. Their interaction brought a smile to my face. I may have lost you Dean but I still have these morons. 

--------------------------------

I used the next year to train Ben and Jakob by having them work together so they both learned the strength and weaknesses of vampires and werewolves. During that year I started to revert back to my old self. The one I was before I ever met Dean. It felt good the be in complete control of my emotions again.

When the year of training was over, we all parted ways. Benjamin and Darius left as a couple, and probably went on a long vacation. Jakob, on the other hand, went God know where, and I was all on my own... again.

--------------------------------------

"How's Darius doing," I asked as I felt the pain from old memories circling in the back of my head. 

"He's doing well. We got married last year. Unbelievable that it took so long to make it legal here in the states. I mean, it's been legal in Europe for years." Benjamin huffed but let a smile creep onto his face. 

"It was about time, congratulations!" I exclaimed in a cheery voice.

"I'm not here just to meet an old friend, May. I'm here to remind you what you and Dean promised each other. You were supposed to let this go." Benjamin said in a sympathetic voice as he gestured towards the air around him. 

"Darius and I, we've been watching you for the last year. You're spiraling back to that dark place. When Dean died you went on a rampage,  just as you did a few days ago. I can't bear to see you in that state again." His eyes were pleading but all I felt was cold. 

I've had no luck in life, no luck in love, and no luck in death. Elijah and Klaus killed me. Mikael left me. Damon got captured and Dean died. What's even the point? 

And now, I have conflicting emotions about a person I've been yearning to kill for decades. 

I looked dully at Benjamin for a minute before I started to walk towards town again. 

"Where are you going?" Ben yelled desperately. 

"I need a fucking drink. Use that nose of yours to sniff me out when you're ready to talk sense." I stated coldly.

---------------------------

I entered the first nightclub I could find. The night was young and went by slowly. 

I drank until I could barely walk. 

I was grinding up on some dude to some sort of pop song when a familiar face in the crowd caught my attention. 

"D-Dean!" I slurred as I approached him. 

When I got close I managed to trip on my own feet and land in his arms. 

"Y-you're back. You have a lot to explain, young man." I scolded and waved my finger in his face. 

"Scarlett, look at me. Really look at me." And I did. His eyes were all wrong. They were apple green and his hair was too light. 

"Darius...?" I asked confused, touching his face as if he was an unknown being from another planet. 

"Yes, it's me, Scarlett." he smiled and helped prop me up on my feet. 

"It's been years. Darius. You need to visit more often." I hiccuped. 

I gave his chest a friendly pat and started walking in the direction of the bar. 

"No, no. You're coming with me to this booth over here. You're acting like you did when my brother died, and it's going to end badly, maybe even worse this time than the last..." He mumbled the last part calmly and led me to the booth. 

I sat down and he gave me a glass of water. 

"I've missed you." Darius sighed and leaned his elbows on the table. 

I, being drunk, didn't really pay attention to his words. 

"You look so much like him. You have his face but also his determination and kindness." I trailed off. 

"I've messed up, Darius. I have feelings for my worst enemy and my first love has fallen for me all over again. I can feel my old feelings for him brewing inside me, but new feelings developing toward my enemy. Then you and Benjamin show up and all these memories of Dean, which I thought I had gotten rid of, come flowing back... I-I'm lost, Dean." I rambled leaning my head in my hands. 

The whole room was spinning, and my former simplified life had been turned upside down. 

I guess it's just murphy's law. 

Darius didn't bother to correct my mistake of calling him 'Dean'. However, he didn't get to say much else before we were interrupted by a very familiar voice. 

"Hello, Scarlett. Meddling with the riff-raff now, are we?" Klaus asked with a smirk on his face. I smiled drunkenly at him. 

"Riff-raff? I thought you said you were a witch?" I smiled at Darius and luckily he caught on quickly.  

"Hey, man. I didn't know she was taken. I don't want any trouble, I'll just leave." he said as he started to move out of the booth. 

He made sure not to leave before giving me a concerned look and sending me a mental message that we had to meet later. However, I was quite sure that I wouldn't remember that message tomorrow.

"Come on, Nikaus. Why are you ruining all my fun?!" I whined. 

Klaus gave me a stern but defeated look as he pinched the bridge of his nose sighing. 

"You need to keep away from the witches. They are not exactly friends with our kind." Klaus stated calmly. 

"I guess you would know all about that. I, however, liked that guy and would like to get back to him." I intentionally slurred. 

"Okay, you've had enough. Let's go." He said and grabbed my arm. 

"NO! I don't want to go with you. Why do you even care what I do?! You'll just kill me when you get tired of me anyway, like the monster you are!" I yelled and moved away from him. 

I could see a mix of anger and hurt on his face, and without another word, he left. 

I don't care about him, I'm supposed to KILL HIM. 

The second he was gone I walked over to the bar and ordered a round of shots. And for every shot I swallowed, the words repeated themselves in my head louder and louder. 

Kill him, Kill Him, KILL HIM!

End of part 2/2 (Chapter 25)

I hope you guys enjoyed this extremely long chapter! The reason for it being so long is that I won't be updating for a while because I'm moving to a new city. You'll have to enjoy yourselves with this chapter until I get back to writing. Hope you liked this deep-dive into Scarlett's past. It would be great to hear your opinions in the comments, please leave a vote so I know if you liked it!

Until next time!

~Eldriel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2K 81
"𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬...𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐚�...
33.3K 643 49
"I'm glad you came, Alex. Like it or not, when one refers to the Mikaelsons, they're referring to you, as well. Tonight will allow you to make up you...
159K 4.2K 78
(rewriting) ˜"*°•.˜"*°•𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐨𝐟-𝐚-𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞. ...
15.4K 457 28
You know the Mikaelson's story but you don't know mine. My name is Y/n, twin sister of Tatia we are the original doppelgangers . We look nothing alik...