flatline [m.s]

By liv-simpson

i banged the chief's daughter {lowercase intended} ranked #1 in mark sloan ranked #1 in greys anatomy NOT ED... More

prologue.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
lix.
lx.
lxi.
lxii.
lxiii.
lxiv.
lxv.
lxvi.
lxvii.
lxviii.
lxix.
lxx.
lxxi.
lxxii.
lxxiii.
lxxiv.
lxxv.
lxxvi.
lxxvii.
lxxviii.
lxxix.
lxxx.
lxxxi.
lxxxii.
lxxxiii.
lxxxiv.
lxxxv.
lxxxvi.
lxxxvii.
lxxxviii.
lxxxix.
xc.
xci.
xcii.
xciii.
xciv.
xcv.
xcvi.
xcvii.
xcviii.
xcix.
c.
ci.
cii.
ciii.
civ.
cv.
cvi.
cvii.
cviii.
cvix.
cx.
cxi.
cxii.
cxiii.
cxiv.
cxv.
cxvi.
cxvii.
cxviii.
cxix.
cxx.
cxxi.
cxxii.
cxxiii.
cxxiv.
cxxv.
cxxvi.
cxxvii.
cxxviii.
cxxix.
cxxx.
cxxxi.
cxxxii.
cxxxiii.
cxxxiv.
cxxxv.
cxxxvi.
cxxxvii.
cxxxviii.
cxxxix.
cxl.
cxli.
cxlii.
cxliii.
cxliv.
cxlv.
cxlvi.
cxlvii.
cxlviii.
cxlix.
cl.
cli.
clii.
cliii.
cliv.
clv.
clvi.
clvii.
clviii.
clix.
clx.
clxi.
clxii.
clxiii.
clxiv.
clxv.
clxvi.
clxvii.
clxviii.
clxix.
clxx.
clxxi.
clxxii.
clxxiii.
clxxiv.
clxxv.
clxxvi.
clxxvii.
clxxviii.
clxxix.
clxxx.
clxxxi.
clxxxii.
clxxxiii.
clxxxiv.
clxxxv.
clxxxvi.
clxxxvii.
clxxxviii.
clxxxix.
cxc.
cxci.
cxcii.
cxciii.
cxciv.
cxcv.
cxcvi.
cxcvii.
cxcviii.
epilogue.

i.

61.8K 1.2K 406
By liv-simpson

- - -
doctors live in a world of constant progress and forward motion. stand still for a second and you'll be left behind. but as hard as we try to move forward, as tempting as it is to never look back; the past always comes back to bite us in the ass.
- - -

"alivia, i'm so thrilled that you decided to leave seattle presbyterian to become an attending at seattle grace mercy west, alongside your father!" adele beams as her not so little girl comes down the stairs, ready for her first day as an attending in a new hospital.

"well, chief hunt gave me an offer i couldn't refuse, and i guess it will be nice to spend more time with dad, especially o.r time," she shrugs, as her father enters the kitchen clutching his briefcase.

"you ready to go?" richard asks his daughter, and she nods and gives her mom a hug before heading to her father's car, her stomach doing constant somersaults.

alivia webber was a child prodigy; by the time she turned eighteen, she had already graduated from medical school. she won her first harper avery at just twenty, and now at twenty-two she is the youngest cardio thoracic attending ever, as well as the head of her department.

- - -
and as history shows us again and again, those who forget the past, are doomed to repeat it.
- - -

"dr. webber, and... dr. webber," owen hunt greets olivia and her father, from behind his desk, as he follows her into the chief's office. owen stands up to shake the young doctor's hand before walking around his desk to stand properly in front of her. "it's a pleasure to meet you. it's not everyday you get a famous child prodigy joining your team of surgeons."

"it's a pleasure to be here, chief hunt," she smiles in response, then turns to richard. "dad you can go. i only needed you to point me in the direction of the chief's office."

"are you kidding? i'm not going anywhere," richard responds, causing her to roll her eyes and owen to chuckle.

"change into these scrubs and i'll introduce you to some of the other doctors here," owen smiles, handing her a pair of navy scrubs and her new lab coat.

alivia goes to the attending lounge to get changed and store her everyday clothes. it is conveniently empty as she doesn't want the first time she meets her peers to be when she's half naked.

the last thing she does before heading back to meet hunt is pin her id card to her scrubs, and hope that her father has left by the time she gets back. but to no one's surprise, he is still there talking to the chief.

"now that's what i'm talkin' about" richard beams, seeing his daughter in the scrubs of his hospital, rather than the green seattle pres ones he was used to seeing her in.

richard grabs her for a hug, but her body remains rigid from embarrassment as owen just stands there chuckling to himself.

■ ■ ■

"why aren't you prepping for rounds, and stealing all the good cases?" meredith questions, arching her eyebrow at cristina who has just entered the gallery meredith is currently sat observing in.

"no reason," cristina responds, taking a seat next to meredith. " why aren't you prepping for rounds, and stealing all the good cases?"

"no reason." the two best friends sit in silence for a few moments, simply observing what is going on below before meredith turns to cristina. "i'm avoiding for mcdreamy."

"i'm avoiding avery," cristina reveals. "wait... you're calling him mcdreamy again?"

"why are you avoiding avery?" meredith responds, ignoring that cristina is pushing for more information about hers and derek's current relationship status.

"he tried to kiss me at your party."

"he kissed you?" meredith practically gasps. "does hunt know?"

"he didn't actually kiss me; he just tried to. who can blame him," cristina shrugs. "and no, hunt doesn't know, but he is paging me to the lobby so i better go."

when cristina steps off the elevator, she sees hunt talking to a dr. webber and a beautiful brunette in navy scrubs.

"hey," owen greets her, upon her approach.

"hey, you paged?" cristina raises a brow.

"uhm, i know you think i don't understand you. which is why i got you a gift," hunt grins at his girlfriend.

"you got me a cardiac trauma?" yang guesses, with a hopeful grin.

"i didn't just get you a trauma," owen says, clearly impressed with himself as he steps aside to reveal alivia. "i got you a cardio god. or goddess."

"this is her?" cristina raises her brow, clearly unimpressed with the new doctor, causing both owen and richard to scowl. "i'm sorry. no offence, but she must be what? twenty-three? twenty-four? she's younger than i am, what can she teach me?"

"she is twenty-two," alivia responds, unphased by yang's disappointment. she was used to doctors dismissing her due to her age and the fact she's a woman.

"this is alivia webber," hunt reveals.

"but you can call me lia, only my mom and dad call me alivia," the young doctor states, gesturing to richard.

"the alivia webber? as in richard webber's daughter, child prodigy, and two-time harper avery award winner; alivia webber?" cristina gasps, and owen nods with his smug grin firmly back in place. "i'm so sorry, i have followed your work from the beginning. you are one of my biggest inspirations!"

■ ■ ■

mark sloan stands alone in an elevator, on his way to the lobby so that he could head to the e.r where april kepner had paged him for a plastics consult. the doors open and derek shepherd steps into the elevator and stands beside mark.

"where are you heading?" mark questions derek.

"i'm looking for meredith," derek sighs. "she's avoiding me. we kissed."

"oh, really?" mark smirks, and turns to face derek, as the elevator doors open in the lobby and the two doctors step out to head to the e.r.

"really."

mark looks away from derek again to see the girl he met at joe's talking to hunt, webber, and yang by the nurse's station and wearing navy scrubs. this causes sloan to stop dead in his tracks.

"oh my god!" he exclaims, as she turns her head so that her eyes meet his. her eyes go wide in shock, initially, as she continues to engage in conversation, but her eyes never leave his.

- - -
sometimes, the past is something you just cant let go of.
- - -

"okay, it's really not that big of a deal," derek rolls his eyes, also stopping and turning to face mark.

"what? oh you and meredith," mark says, still staring at lia who had now turned back to face hunt. "yeah, i know it's not that big of a deal."

"what are you talking about then?" derek questions, turning and following mark's gaze to the gorgeous new cardio goddess. "ohh, the new head of cardio? you hadn't heard? that's lia webber. twenty-two and already the head of her department- she graduated medical school when she was eighteen."

"hunt said he'd got yang a cardio god, but... well... i was expecting- well, i wasn't expecting a goddess," mark explained, jaw still on the floor.

"yeah, well don't get any ideas either, you can't treat her like the nurses and the other women round here," derek warns, and almost scolds his friend. "she's richard's daughter, and like a sister to me."

when derek announces that she is the the daughter of richard webber, and her importance to him, mark's jaw drops even further.

"crap!" mark exclaims under his breath.

"what's wrong?" derek asks his friend, and for the first time since he spotted her from across the lobby, mark takes his eyes off the brunette beauty and faces derek.

"i banged the chief's daughter."

- - -
and sometimes we learn something new about the past, that changes everything we know about the present.
- - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 3.4K 108
greys anatomy imagines
144K 1K 100
Greys anatomy imagines
12.1K 254 63
Greys anatomy reimagined as if Alex forgave her in 6x12 and she stayed. Written episode to episode. Leave requests for storylines in comments and I m...
5.9K 189 15
•completed• edited• "Let's play a LoveGame, play a LoveGame Do you want love, or you want fame? Are you in the game? Dans the LoveGame" STARTED EDIT...