Two Fangs Deep

By Eldriel

Revenge. Revenge is the one thing that exists in every story. Sometimes it's as simple as revenge against an... More

Red With A Funny Taste
Original
Quite A Reunion
Downtown Dance
Freshly Turned
Sired Without Question
Let It Stay Buried
Unanswered questions
Fight Me, Elijah
Marcel Gerard
The Baby Of The Past
An Awkward "Good Morning"...
Sly As A Fox
Anger
Oh, Brothers...
Storm Ablaze
The Apprentice
Just a Normal Day?
Long Time No See
Mikael
The Sons of Mikael
The Smirk
Wolves Part 1/2
Wolves Part 2/2
The Bitch Returns
The Unraveling
One on One
Rebekah Mikaelson
Goner, Part 1/2
Goner, Part 2/2
Hayley
The Plan
The Betrayal
Time to Say Goodbye
Teaching the Fledglings Part 1/2
Teaching the Fledglings Part 2/2
A Gathering
Beyond Time
Ancient Creature
Going Home
Silhouette
Forest Green or Ocean Blue
Epilogue
¡¡¡IMPOTANT INFO!!!
Another Day

Niklaus Mikaelson

746 21 2
By Eldriel

Scarlett's POV

The ambiance in the Mikaelson mansion has been quite gloomy after the whole incident with Kol. I'm very proud of that rushed plan, actually. 

Elijah told me to keep a distance while Klaus and himself figure out what to do with Kol. It's been almost three days, and so far I've heard nothing of what they have decided. I do believe that they have somehow gotten rid of him since he hasn't broken down my door yet.

After the whole deal, I hid away in my room as Elijah asked. 

I'm currently sitting in the chair in front of my one and only window. It's quite peaceful, actually. To not be scheming for revenge for a few days.

Speaking of windows. When I entered my room that day, I realized I had forgotten my guitar somewhere. I didn't remember much from the night before. Luckily, for me, Jakob came by and gave it to me through my window. I hope to God he remembers to make sure that he was not seen, or else all my lessons would be for nothing.

Sitting in my chair, enjoying the sound of my guitar as I played 'walking the wire' by Imagine Dragons, is honestly what I needed to keep myself concentrated on my mission. I do prefer the acoustic version the most. I feel it's more calming than the original.

My humming was interrupted by a silent knock on the door. 

"Come in," I said calmly and continued to play my melody. 

I could hear the scraping of a chair behind me. I already knew who it was, Klaus. His scent, his aura, his presence are difficult to forget or ignore.

"Hello, Klaus." I smiled as I laid my guitar on the ground in a calm motion. How genuine that smile appeared is lost to me. I never know what's real or fake with me around Klaus. 

"Hello, Scarlett." He greeted me and sat down in a chair beside me.

 "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" I asked with a teasing smile. 

Klaus leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees, looking at the ground. 

"If this is about me being too close to Hope or bothering Kol, I'm truly sorry," I said in a sincere tone and leaned closer to him. 

"I'm not cross with you, not at all... I wanted to thank you for saving her. You put your own life at risk for her. You've been more loyal to this family than many of the members have ever been. You barely know us, you've only been here for six months or so yet... Sometimes it feels like I've known you all my life." Klaus paused. 

Well, I have 'known' him for most of his vampire life, but he doesn't know that.

"I feel the same." I blurted out before I could stop myself. 

It was like I lost control of myself for a split second. My outburst made Klaus look up from his lap. I instantly look away from him, like it was an instinct. 

What's wrong with me?

Klaus sighed and let a tiny, sideways smile creep onto his face. 

Then it fell as quickly as it came. 

"You know, Hope is all I have left. She's the only one that does not despise me yet. I cannot lose her. She's my last chance at happiness." 

I have never seen Klaus this vulnerable. 

It should have made me suspicious instead it made me feel some sort of sympathy. 

His face, his wave of emotions were pulling on my heartstrings. Strings I thought I believed I had cut a long time ago. 

Get it together Ale-Scarlett! I quickly corrected myself in my mind.

You're a character, Scarlett. Keep in character. 

"I don't despise you, Klaus," I said calmly and laid my hand on top of his. Our eyes met and for a few seconds, I was lost in the mixture of green and blue in his eyes. 

Snap out of it!

 YOU HATE HIM, SCARLETT! I screamed at myself in my head. 

Klaus was the one to first break the eye contact. 

"You belong to my brother. He is your sire. Just wait, with his help, you'll learn to hate me soon enough." He said in a sad tone and carefully placed my hand back on the armrest of my chair. 

"I have something to tell you." I blurted out again. 

What am I doing?! I tried to stop but it was already too late. It was like I was hypnotized to tell him these things. I couldn't control what the human in me was saying. 

"I'm not sired to Elijah anymore. We found a way to remove it some time ago. Alongside the sire went my love for him." I said sadly. 

"It was never real," I stated barely above a whisper.

There were so many emotions going through his eyes. I didn't know what he was truly feeling nor what he was going to do next. 

"Then why did you continue to flirt with him?" He asked with a confused expression on his face. 

"I was afraid that if I told Elijah I didn't love him anymore that he would throw me out. That I would never see any of you anymore. Elijah is the only friend I have now, and he is the one that gave me a new start in life, after all. Luckily, he didn't throw me out. I told him everything the night before the whole Kol incident and I'm still here." It wasn't a complete and utter lie... 

I just left some important parts out. Saving my own ass once again by rambling about bullshit.

"That explains his dapper mood that day," Klaus mumbled as he appeared deep in thought.

After a while, he looked up at me with a serious yet loving? look in his eyes. 

Luckily, I saw what was coming next. Klaus started to lean in as if to kiss me but I quickly interrupted the action. My last logical brain cells came together for a plan. 

"How about a song? I believe we need something else to think about besides family and the struggles that come along with them." I smiled sweetly. 

Klaus leaned back in his chair and nodded at me with a slight smile on his face. However, I could see the disappointment in his eyes. I leaned down, grabbed my guitar, and played the first song that came to mind.

I just need some time. I'm tryna think straight. I just need a moment in my own space. Ask me how I'm doin'. I say 'okay'. But ain't that what we all say.

Sometimes I think back to the old days. In the pointless conversations with the old me. yeah, back when my momma used to hold me. I wish somebody would have told me.

If you want love, You gon' have to go through the pain. if you want love, you gon' have to learn how to change. If you want trust, you gon' have to give some away. If you want love. if you want love..."

I trailed off in the middle of the song, as I realized what I was truly singing about. Also, because Klaus laid his hand on mine, stopping the guitar strings from moving. I turned towards him, there was no stopping it. I just have to play along. 

But it was like a form of magnetism was pulling us together. His lips touched mine and the familiar feeling of fireworks returned. I moved so I was sitting on his lap and carefully placed my hands on each side of his face. The kiss felt like nothing I had ever felt before. The passion was overwhelming. It could not even be compared to what I felt with Elijah in my past life. However, after a while, I came to my senses. 

What am I doing?! 

Do not get attached, you're simply playing a character, He doesn't want you! He wants her. Just like everyone else...

That thought made me completely snap out of it. In a quick motion, I pushed Klaus away from me. Hard enough to make his chair slide backward. 

"I'm sorry, Klaus. I can't do this." I said looking bewildered. 

"You need to leave," I stated, pointing at the door and turning my back to him. I didn't owe him an explanation and I think he knew that.

Klaus sat there stunned for a moment. After some time, he silently walked out of my room, closing the door behind him. 

Crisis averted! I let out a loud sigh of relief. However, the longing I felt inside me didn't agree with my feeling of victory.

End of chapter 23

Hope you guys liked this chapter. If anyone wondered what the last song was, it was "If you want love" by NF. Scarlett and Klaus's story continues, well see what happens next in the next chapter. Please leave a vote and comment on what you think about the story so far! Remember new chapters are posted on Mondays throughout this summer!

Until next time

~Eldriel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 7.3K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories ☺️ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...
1.7M 63.6K 41
Ophelia Armstrong never intended for her life to be anything out of the ordinary. All she ever wanted to do was finish school, meet a nice person, se...
225K 3.4K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...
82.6K 2.1K 26
Many things can change within a year, but it hasn't been a year that passes it is eight. Eight years has so much room for growth, and for everyone to...