The Weak RWBY X Malereader

By Wolfinator12

The story of a boy, which people only know as the brother of one of the strongest Huntsman, finally making hi... More

Bio / Prologue
Chapter 1: New Friends, new Enemies, old Problems
Chapter 2: Initiation
Chapter 3: Determination
Chapter 4: The bully
Chapter 5: First steps
Chapter 6: Helping a friend
Chapter 7: Back in Beacon / Author problems
Chapter 8: An eventful day
Chapter 9: The Phantom strikes again
Chapter 10: Dance Dance Phantom
Chapter 11: First mission.
Chapter 12: Opposites
Chapter 13: Juniper vs Sobek
Chapter 14: the Breach
Chapter 16: JNPR vs BRNZ
Chapter 17: Strange day
Chapter 18: The Phantoms new Arsenal
Chapter 19: Choices
Chapter 20: Plans
Chapter 21: First steps once again
Chapter 22: Training and new stuff
Chapter 23: An (un)familiar face
Chapter 24: Quoteth the Raven
Chapter 25: Back together.
Chapter 26: New secrets revealed.
Chapter 27: Cinder Falls
Chapter 28: Peace in war
Chapter 29: Date plans
Chapter 30: Date the second.
Chapter 31: Date with the Cat
Chapter 32: Cheering up the Phantom and dating the Dragon
Chapter 33: Achive Men and Hunters
Chapter 34: Y/n doesnt like trains
Chapter 35: Dead?
Chapter 36: Fighting the lack of interest
Chapter 37: Argus
Chapter 38: What?
Chapter 39: Slaying the Leviathan
Chapter 40: The flying city
Chapter 41: Official
Chapter 42: First big changes
Chapter 43: 'Icecream' they scream
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: The End

Chapter 15: Let the Games begin

9.7K 149 164
By Wolfinator12

The night was a long one for Y/n, he might have acted fine in front of everone but inwardly he was everything else than fine. He was angry, angry at his brother for just ditching him and his team, angry at himself for getting hurt so badly, angry at Roman for attacking Vale and angry at Ironwood for allowing one of Cinders lackies escape, next emotion was stress, the stress from the mission was still high and now the stress from organizing the defence of Vale and the tournament, which will start in less than a week, both add to it. Y/n also felt fear. He fears what could happen in the future, he knows he is still too weak, the loss of his arm just further proofed it. The entire night he layed awake unable to fall asleep, his mind processing everything that happened over the past few days and the pain his left shoulder is in wasnt really helping. Although his aura recovered relativly fast it was still not enough to heal the wounds he had.

It was 7 in the morning as the alarm went off, signaling Y/n that he stayed awake the entire night. A long sigh escaped his lips and he tried to rub his tired eyes but instincly he wanted to use his non-existent left arm to do that simple task. The door to his room was slowly opened by Dr. Jan.

Dr. Jan: "Good morning Mr. Jade, i hope you had a nice rest." Y/n just gave a slow head shake as his answer. "Oh... i see. You have visitors but if you dont feel like it i can send them away."

Y/n: "No, let them in." The doctor clearly heard how tired his patient was and adopted a stern look.

Dr. Jan: "You have one hour before i will send them away so you can rest." He said with voice that left no room for discussion so Y/n just nodded.  The doctor turned around. "Ok you can come in. I repeat one hour."  Some bummed sounds of agreement came and the door opened fully. Into the room stepped team RWBY and the rest of Y/n team. Y/n just gave them a quick glance before turning back to look out of the window.

Ruby: "How are you doing?" she asked a bit worried.

Y/n: "To be honest, i feel like shit. Im tired but cant fall asleep, i want to get out of bed and do something but just cant find the motivation to do so. I struggle to do simple things like rub my eyes or scratch my back, everytime i try to use my left arm to do so and just get the same result." Y/n explained solemnly.

Yang: "If you want i can give your back a nice scratch." She offered , trying to break the awkward silence that followed Y/n explaination. Y/n just gave her a small nod and ,although with a bit of struggle, sat up so the blonde brawler can reach his back.

Y/n: "If you would be so kind, the ache is right on my left shoulder blade." Yang stepped forth and scratched the spot Y/n mentioned. "Thanks."

Phyrra: "So Ozpin really put you in charge yesterday?"

Nora: "You were awesome, you were like a real Captain even the general was impressed."

Weiss: "Although you could have given a few more instruct-" she was stopped by Blake who gave her a quick jab with her elbow. "I mean you did great." the heiress corrected herself.

Blake: "Thanks to you we were able to save a lot of people."

Y/n: "I just did what was right, i couldnt have lived with myself if all i did was sit around in bed while my team and my friends are out there fighting."

Ren: "But you should think about yourself, you still need rest and yesterday was very stressful." The rest nodded in agreement.

Ruby: "You and your team wont fight in the tournament right?"

Y/N: "If Ozpin gets the juries and the other headmasters to agree i will be allowed to lead my team from the background, they will be fighting 3vs 4 and i will only be allowed to give orders but we would still be allowed to attend."

Yang: "Are you sure you want to do that?" Y/n gave her a bone chilling glare but quickly dropped it.

Y/n: "Sorry. I really want to fight in the tournament, my team and i just trained to hard to not try atleast." The room fell back into awkward silence which was broken by a loud grumbling sound coming from Y/n stomach. "Sorry, i havent eaten since yesterday, how about we go to the cafeteria and get us something for breakfast, the doctor wanted to release me today."

Phyrra: "Are you sure we could just get you something and bring it here." She suggested.

Y/n: "I really cant stand just laying around any longer, its even more boring than Ports stories, i have nothing to read, do or watch, all that comes on tv are reports about yesterdays incident. Ren can you give me a change of clothes from my bag?" The calm boy nodded and quickly gave his leader a neatly folded bundle of clothes. "Thanks." Y/n tried getting up but once he was up he nearly fell, luckily Ruby acted fast and chaught him.

Ruby: "You should stay in bed." She said, the worry reflecting in her voice.

Y/n: "I was laying for the last 3 days my legs were just a bit stiff, dont worry. " he calmed her with a smile. "Sorry to ask this but could you leave so i can change and Ren could you stay and help me?"

Ren: "Of course." he replied and everyone left the room. A few minutes later the two boys left the room with Y/n fully clothed, he was wearing a pair of plain black pants and a light blue hoodie. At the first glance nothing seems wrong but just a second look at the left sleave and you knew that the entire arm was missing. The girls spend a few seconds just staring while Y/n informed the doctor about his leave. As he turned around they quickly looked away.

Y/n: "Come on guys im really hungry." the two teams made their way to the cafeteria, where some students were eating already. Under those students were the two teams CFVY and CRDL who , once they noticed the teams enter, got up and walked towards them.

Cardin was the first to speak up and he was looking a bit nervous.

Cardin: "E-ehm hey. How is Y/n?" he asked a bit sheepishly.

Coco: "Yeah where is he, is he still in the infirmary."

Y/n: "Nope, glad to see you again." The 8 students of the two new teams all jumped up scared, Velvet hid behind Yastuhashi after letting out a startled 'eep' , but Cardins reaction was the best out of the bunch, he was so scared that he let out a girlish scream before jumping into Russles arms who couldnt catch him so they both ended up on the floor. "Im sorry?" Y/n asked trying not to burst out into laughter.

Fox: "Do i want to know how that happened?"

Y/n: "Semblance. Now if you excuse me i would like to get something to eat." Y/n was about to walk past Cardin, who got back up, as the leader of team CRDL stopped him. Y/ns friends all tensed up and Yang was ready to punch Cardin into tomorrow, they all feared for Y/ns well being.

Cardin: "How about i get you something and you just take a seat?" Cardin offered much to the amazement of the other people present.

Y/n: "That would be appreciated, i would like some scrambled eggs with toast and a glass of orange juice." Team CRDL nodded and walked off. Y/n just sat down while everyone else switched between looking at Y/n and looking towards CRDL. After a few seconds Weiss had enough.

Weiss: "Ok what is going on?" she asked.

Blake: "Yeah, Cardin acts weird, what did you do to him Y/N?" Y/n looked at her questioning.

Y/n: "I saved their life at the breach, they were surrounded , i informed them, gave them a quick run down of an escape route and sent a group of Atlas soldiers to their position."

Phyrra: "Did you blackmail him into being your servant?" Y/n looked offended.

Y/n: "NO i didnt he is doing that out of his own free will, if he feels like that he has to do something like that to apologize to me who am i to deny? I would have asked one of you to help me carry my tray seeing that i dont have much left of my other arm." he finished with a proud smile and his teammates and RWB were groaning at the bad pun, Yang on the other hand held her stomach in laughter. "See she gets it, i know you are worried about me having lost my left arm but trust me im all right." Yangs laughter grew louder and a few chuckles escaped Phyrra, Ruby and even Velvet.

Coco: "Jokes beside, i wanted to meet you personally, we didnt have much time to talk seeing that half of Vale was overrun by grimm. Im Coco Adel, but i think you already knew." Y/n gave a nod. "These are my teammates, Yastuhashi Daichi." She points at the giant next to her.

Yastuhashi: "Pleasure to meet you." he said with a small bow.

Coco: "Fox Alistair. "She pointed at the tanned bow with bronze colored hair. Fox just gave a short grunt and nod. "And the cutest bunny girl Velvet Scarlatina." Velvet was blushing profusely at her teammates teasing.

Y/n: "We already had the pleasure of meeting. Although we were not able to exchange names seeing that i was busy taking a beating from CRDL after trying to help her out." Velvets eyes widened at the realization.

Velvet: "You were that guy that hit Cardin with a tray while he pulled my ears!"

Y/n: "Yep. And for once i didnt get into trouble after doing something like that."

Blake: "You did something like that before?" team CRDL came back, Cardin held the tray with Y/ns food and his teammates each had their own meals, Russel carried Cardins tray with him. They placed their trays down and Cardin put Y/ns in front of him.

Y/n: "Thank you Cardin."

Cardin: "No problem." Cardin looked down on his tray before taking a deep breath, he than looked towards his team they meet his gaze and gave a small nod. Team CRDL got up from their seats and stood next to the bench Y/n sat on. Next thing they did shocked everyone , even Y/n who nearly chocked on the bite of egg he just put in his mouth, there in front of him were the members of team CRDL, the schools team of bullies, and they were bowing down. "I apologize for everything me and my team did to you Y/n, we dont deserve your forgiveness, but please know that we are trully sorry."

Y/n: "Wow... I-i didnt expect that. E-ehm sure, we're cool, water under the bridge. But you have to apologize to Velvet too." Cardin looked up shocked at Y/ns quick forgiving but gave a nod and he and his team turned towards Velvet.

Cardin: "Miss Scarlatina, i am sorry for what i did, i apologize for the racist remarks towards faunus and for having pulled your ears, im ready to take any punishment you might have for me." Coco smirked while Velvet was panicing.

Velvet: "N-no! N-no need, j-just dont d-do it a-again o-ok?" she waved her arm in front of her while saying that. Cardin and his team stood back up.

Cardin: "We will be leaving now, we still have to train for the tournament. If we dont see each other before its starts i wish you good luck."

Russle: "Dont get kicked out before we can fight one of you."

Dove: "And dont go easy on us." With that team CRDL left.

Coco: "I think we should also get some training in right guys?" her teammates nodded and after saying goodbye the also left.

Yang: "That happened."

Blake: "Cant believe that Y/n, the guy with zero presence, manages to catch so much attention. Are you sure that isnt part of you Semblance?" Y/n stoped eating and scratched his chin in thought.

Y/n: "Now that you mention it , i do get a lot of attention. But that could be because i intentionally, well mostly intentional, worked for the attention."

Ruby: "Doesnt matter as long as your Semblance still works." she chimed in and the rest gave a quick nod.

The two teams sat together and ate while chatting a bit. 

Over the next week Y/n and his team trained for the upcoming fights, preparing both physically and mentally, restocking on important things like lightning dust ammo to use Noras Semblance and working out some kinks in the team attacks.

Soon the day of the tournament has arrived and team JNPR was watching the fight between team RWBY and team ABRN, a team from Haven. At first the two teams seemed evenly matched while each of the members were fighting 1 vs 1, with Blake fighting Reese, Yang fighting Arslan. Ruby and Weiss were fighting together against Bolin and Nadir.

Y/n: "Am i the only one thinking that they should team up? Just look at them go, Yang is just chasing Arslan, Blake cant get a hit on Reese and Yang just had to be saved by Ruby who had to be saved by Weiss."

Ren: "They seem to think the same." the calm boy commented while trying to hold down an overly excited Nora. He was failing.

Nora: "KICK THEIR BUTTS! BREAK THEIR LEGS! YOUR QUEEN DEMANDS IT!" Y/n, Ren and Phyrra were sweatdropping.

Y/n: "Nora please. There are people around that would like to watch and hear the commentary."

Nora: "But we should cheer our friends on!"

Phyrra: "We can do so without causing a scene."

Y/n: "If you calm down i will buy you something to eat after this round." Nora instantly went dead silent and even sat still. "Im going to regret this arent i?" Ren put his hand on Y/n right shoulder and gave him a sad nod.

Ren: "I believe so." Y/n couldnt help but sigh.

Phyrra: "Good thing that Headmaster Ozpin rewarded us for our great work in the breach."

Y/n: "Yeah." Y/n just turned back to see Yang punching out three of the four members of team ARBN and after a quick glance at the scoreboard he saw that the fourth member was already out. "Lets go and congratulate them for their victory."

Nora: "AND get me my food."

Y/n: "And get something to eat. Come on guys."

Team Jnpr arrived at the fairgrounds below the colosseum and Nora grabed Y/ns arm and started dragging him around, Ren and Phyrra looked at each other, Ren shrugged and the two followed their leader and the energetic girl. They soon arrived at a noodle stand and to their surprise they found that team RWBY was already there, seemingly having some problem. Y/n was the one to get their attention.

Y/n: "What are the chances of Nora randomly dragging me towards the exact stand you are at?" The four girls turned towards him. After freeing his arm from Noras clutches Y/n pulled out his debit card. "How about i treat my friends for a meal after their well earned victory?" In the blink of an eye Y/n was tackled to the ground by... "Blake? I expected Ruby, or even Yang but not you if im being honest."

Blake: "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she said while rubbing her cheek on Y/n chest.

Y/n: "A little help please." Yang got up from her seat and picked up Blake at the back of her shirt. "Thanks. Ok Nora? Do you want to have your meal from here?" Nora was already with her entire head in a giant bowl and loud slurping noices could be heard.

Ruby: "I believe thats a yes." Ruby giggled.

Phyrra: "Guess we are having noodles than." everyone sat down and each started eating from their own bowls, Y/n was a lot smaller than the ones of his friends.

Ren: "Is that enough for you?" concern was clear in his voice.

Y/n: "I had a big breakfast and Phyrra was nice enough to share her popcorn with me, so yeah. "

Once everyone was finished Y/n payed and the two teams strolled around the fairgrounds. But their fun was cut short by Y/ns scroll going off.

Y/n: "Excuse me but i have to take that."

Phyrra: "Sure go ahead."

Y/n took a few steps away and accepted the incoming call.

Y/n: "You are speaking with Y/n Jade. Who am i talking with?"

Oobleck: "Here is Doctor Oobleck, i wanted to inform you that you and your team are to arrive at the arena in 10 minutes so we can announce your special case to the spectators and give you your equipment."

Y/n: "Thank you for the call, i will inform my team and head there straigh away. Have a good day Doctor."

Oobleck: "You too Mr. Jade." The call ended and Y/n caught up with his friends.

Y/n: "Ok team we have to move, Doctor Oobleck is waiting for us at the arena."

Nora: "Yeah lets kick some butt!"

Yang: "We will be cheering for you."

Y/n: "Ok lets go guys." the team walked off and after a short bullhead ride they arrive at the arena entrance. Glynda Goodwitch was already waiting for them and as soon as they left the bullhead she fast walked towards them.

Glynda: "Team JNPR please follow me. "

The arena was filled to the brim with cheering spactators, the moment the big screen changed to show Doctor Oobleck and Professor Port the cheering got a lot quieter.

Port: "Ladies and Gentlemen, everyone watching from at home and dear spectators here in the Amity Colosseum, for the next fight there will be a small change to the usual team set-up. To explain why please watch this." The screen changed to show a video of Y/n. The video started with Y/n in the initiation showing how he defended Ren, it than switched to the time he helped Velvet, next was the fight with Mercury. The video soon showed the fight of team JNPR against the Sobek , apparently filmed with using a scroll. The video ended with a picture of a slightly smiling Y/n sitting in a hospital bed, his left arm missing. "This young man is Y/n Jade and as you might have noticed he is quite remarkable while fighting but unfortunately his last battle costed him his left arm, that was a bit other a week ago, this normally would have resulted with him and his team not being allowed to enter the tournament due to missing a member, but on his request, Y/n and his team, team JNPR, will be allowed to fight with 3 fighters and Y/n being their support. Now a big applause for TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM JNPR!!!" The crowed went wild as Ren, Nora and Phyrra entered the fighting area while a small live feed of Y/n was shown on the screens. "And another big round of applause for their opponents, all the way from the Kingdom of Vacuo, Shade Academy's number one team, TEEEEEAAAMMM BRNZ!!!" Again the arena was filled with loud cheers, whistles and claps as the four fighter entered.

Sorry for ending the chapter here, i dont want to have one extremely long chapter so i plan on putting the fight between team JNPR and BRNZ in the next chapter. I also want to apologize for the long wait, i was at my dad wedding and they didnt have internet there so yeah, i hope you can understand. On a different note i have an idea for a new book which could be quite interresting. It will focus on either a male reader or OC, he will be a criminal mastermind and one of the most fear criminals in all of remnant, but from the otherside he seems like quite the dork. He will be known as "King" and will be 25 years old, his members will be put into different groups named after other chess pieces, the weakest members are the "pawns" and his two strongest are both known as the "white Queen" and the "black Queen", who ever is able to guess who they first will be getting a shout out in the next chapter of the Weak and if they want one of their OC will become a member of King's men. Let me know how interested you are in this new book , i will decide of when i will start writting it judging from what you think.

See you in the next chapter,

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 303 8
Jaune Arc being the boy with a dream of becoming a hero was an incredible feat and a far one at that. But alas, he got kicked out of Beacon where his...
406K 3.1K 11
(Wanted to make a short story and a AU) In Beacon High (Y/N) was an ordinary student who has no girlfriend or even popular among anyone, he try to fi...
145K 3.2K 53
(Y/N) has always wanted to become a huntsman. Why? Because he wants to make a lot of money, but not for selfish reasons. He and his family barely had...
44.9K 702 18
Male Reader x Bully RWBY Story. (Y/n) Hunter. A quiet boy who keeps to himself mostly. With No semblance or aura, he's pictured as the weakest hunter...